New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1488
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Girl Genius XXV: It needs work! BUT THE CONCEPT IS SOUND!

Quote Originally Posted by Deliverance View Post
    Violetta appears to have shrunk.

She was always small, but in today's fight with the Gilbaron she's a midget.
    Sizeshifitng! So that's how the smoke Knights do it!
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Ettin in the Playground

I think it's as much that Klaus naturally towers over everyone even in another body.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I like that he took both her and Dimo down without seeming to pay much attention to doing so.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    I like that he took both her and Dimo down without seeming to pay much attention to doing so.
    He didn't really "take down" Violetta, she's just clinging ineffectually to his arm. (She might have been able to do more if she hadn't been stripped of all her gear..)

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Firbolg in the Playground

I think that having an old soldier like the Baron in a young body like Gil's leads to a scary fighter. Although the Baron had an unusual body, too -- iirc, he was all stitched up.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

There are indications that the Baron was a very scary fighter when he was young. Remember when Klaus arrived? At first Momma was "Eh, nothing to worry about." When she saw it was Klaus she *panicked*. When you scare Jaeger Generals..... Remember Momma hasn't seen Klaus in action in years.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

7. - Top - End - #1147

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    I think that having an old soldier like the Baron in a young body like Gil's leads to a scary fighter. Although the Baron had an unusual body, too -- iirc, he was all stitched up.
    It's been more-or-less confirmed/revealed by the Foglios outside the comic that..

Spoiler
    Show
    the Baron is a construct, patched together by his parents from the remains of their three sons who were all caught in a laboratory explosion.

8. - Top - End - #1148

Beholder

Hmmm... I wonder if this will become one of those self-fulfilling prophesies. Albia sucks this version of Lucrezia into a container, Lucrezia is interrogated but also learns a lot during her interrogation, then Lucrezia goes mad & escapes to become the version that hunts down the queens.

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by xroads View Post
    Hmmm... I wonder if this will become one of those self-fulfilling prophesies. Albia sucks this version of Lucrezia into a container, Lucrezia is interrogated but also learns a lot during her interrogation, then Lucrezia goes mad & escapes to become the version that hunts down the queens.
    At first thought I reckoned that this made complete sense. However, Lucrezia seemed to push Agatha to release the muse of time in Van Rijn's lab, and I reckon that 'muse of time' Lucrezia is the one that has already gone truly and fullycrazy, so how would the lucrezia in Agatha's head know about that if it had yet to happen?
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

10. - Top - End - #1150

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by xroads View Post
    That version had Lucrezia's face. I doubt Albia would recreate her original body when she made the vessel.

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deliverance View Post
    Violetta appears to have shrunk.

She was always small, but in today's fight with the Gilbaron she's a midget.
    Foglio's sense of scale has always been pretty goofy in this comic.

12. - Top - End - #1152

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Add to that Dimo's line in the last panel...

13. - Top - End - #1153

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Randuir View Post
    At first thought I reckoned that this made complete sense. However, Lucrezia seemed to push Agatha to release the muse of time in Van Rijn's lab, and I reckon that 'muse of time' Lucrezia is the one that has already gone truly and fullycrazy, so how would the lucrezia in Agatha's head know about that if it had yet to happen?
    Was the muse in Van Rijn's lab Lucrezia? I just thought she was some separate complete other entity. One that somehow benefited Lucrezia.

But after thinking about it, I guess it's entirely possible it was a version of Lucrezia.

As for why Agatha's copy of Lucrezia would of wanted to free the one trapped in the lab... maybe she recognized her as a fellow Lucrezia clone, even if she didn't know why she was trapped there?

That's all I got. Timey Wimey stuff hurts my head.

Quote Originally Posted by SZbNAhL
    That version had Lucrezia's face. I doubt Albia would recreate her original body when she made the vessel.
    I just assumed that at some point after her inevitable escape she figures out a way to recreate her body. After all, if she somehow masters time and can beat the queens of old, then rebuilding one's body probably is a minor feat.
    Last edited by xroads; 2019-06-21 at 04:42 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1154

We never got a clear enough look at the Muse of Time to say one way or another. She seems to view Sparks as dolts who can't stand to not meddle, though, and I doubt Lucrezia is immune to that Sparky trait/blindspot.

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    We never got a clear enough look at the Muse of Time to say one way or another. She seems to view Sparks as dolts who can't stand to not meddle, though, and I doubt Lucrezia is immune to that Sparky trait/blindspot.
    Being able to recognize it in others and being immune to the very same folly are two separate things.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

16. - Top - End - #1156

True, but they're often conjoined. Beside, the clank didn't laugh at all, and one of the most consistent tells that Mommy Deadest is driving the Agatha carriage is her tendency to giggle evilly.

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Ogre in the Playground

http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20160302

That "ha", and Agatha knowing exactly what to do to free her are the reasons I believe the muse of time is Lucrezia.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Narkis View Post
    http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20160302

That "ha", and Agatha knowing exactly what to do to free her are the reasons I believe the muse of time is Lucrezia.
    This is more proof
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

19. - Top - End - #1159

AssassinGuy

soo, Agatha not shown for an entire page...
    how likely she is actually still there?
    * my emphasis

http://dmreference.com/SRD/
    http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Things that don't kill me make me strong
    Things that do kill me leave me dead

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Agatha is still there. I suspect Higgs is making sure she does not do anything.

21. - Top - End - #1161

In Panel 5, Tarvek is about the throw the switch, which he wouldn't have been trying to do if Agatha had escaped. In Panel 8, Klaus/Gil is looking past Dimo and Violetta and thus presumably is able to see the chair where Agatha was, and does nothing to indicate an escape happened. And when we last see Agatha in the previous page, Higgs is holding her down and Violetta is tying down her limbs. I see no reason to suspect Lucrezia managed to fully take over and bust out with all that.

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Something just occured to me: If the overlay takes over when Gil is in the presence of Agatha, then this scene shows the switch taking place (frames 2, 3, 4 and 5), and everything thereafter is the overlay in control.

That explains why the overlay has become a lot more relaxed about Agatha than the Baron was (but not to the extent of wanting Gil chasing her...). It has seen Agatha doing good in a non-stressful situation and also understands about Lucrecia.
    Last edited by Manga Shoggoth; 2019-06-22 at 06:06 PM.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Colossus in the Playground

Speaking of lucrezia, this comic makes me wonder. Lucrezia can take over these bodies yes, but the spark may not be something she can bring with her when she imprints. She may NEED agathas body to be able to truly be lucrezia mongfish, dangerous mind controlling spark again. As of right now she knows how to build the things she had already built, but she lacks the spark to do anything new in her other bodies. Which is why europa is knee deep in old school revetments and the formally secret version of normal acting people as well. She cant create anything better yet so she has to rely on her old tricks to win. Unless she can place a copy of herself in an appropriate spark.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    But the spark may not be something she can bring with her when she imprints.
    A possibility; until Vapnoople's brain surgery was reversed, he was pretty non-sparky...

Transfer knowledge and personality, but not function. And you're thinking that, perhaps, neural structure plays a role in Sparkiness?
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

25. - Top - End - #1165

That's pretty much my head-canon at the moment- whatever copy of Lucrezia is running things isn't in a Spark's body, and thus can't Spark out. It's even possible that it's Zola doing all of it while pretending to be Lucrezia to her minions. (Or was her, before she ended up in Grandmother's clutches..)

26. - Top - End - #1166

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    A possibility; until Vapnoople's brain surgery was reversed, he was pretty non-sparky...

Transfer knowledge and personality, but not function. And you're thinking that, perhaps, neural structure plays a role in Sparkiness?
    Well, there wouldn't be much point to Klaus' slicing up brains if there wasn't a physical point to try and target.

27. - Top - End - #1167

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Well, there wouldn't be much point to Klaus' slicing up brains if there wasn't a physical point to try and target.
    He thinks there's a point where the spark is too.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by geoduck View Post
    That's pretty much my head-canon at the moment- whatever copy of Lucrezia is running things isn't in a Spark's body, and thus can't Spark out. It's even possible that it's Zola doing all of it while pretending to be Lucrezia to her minions. (Or was her, before she ended up in Grandmother's clutches..)
    Zola is pretending to be Lu pretending to be Zola.

29. - Top - End - #1169

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    I like how there are 3-4 still unsolved plot points in that scene. The Baron's wife (whom he apparently misses, so I assume it isn't Lucretia), where the H-Boyz went, whatever Bang's problem is, Agatha dimension travelling looking for Zinzer's colleagues, why people are sparks (although that isn't really a hanging plot point, more like info about the Baron's personality)...

Also, the Baron isn't angry against Spider Boris for bringing in Zinzer, but he is against the squirrel who brought there DuMedd.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    I like how there are 3-4 still unsolved plot points in that scene. The Baron's wife (whom he apparently misses, so I assume it isn't Lucretia)
    While it wasn't outright stated in the comic yet (IIRC anyway) she is

Spoiler
    Show
    the queen of Skifander, mom to both Gil and Zeetha.

whatever Bang's problem is
    He problem is that when she was still a pirate-queen someone (Zeetha) destroyed her fortress and kill most of her men.

where the H-Boyz went, Agatha dimension travelling looking for Zinzer's colleagues
    The latter will feature later (probably very near to the endgame of the comic), while the former may feature anytime really. Or even not at all if Foglios decide that way.

Also, the Baron isn't angry against Spider Boris for bringing in Zinzer, but he is against the squirrel who brought there DuMedd.
    Well, Zinzer was a recent acquisition, whose value was still in the air. While DuMedd was one of the students he apparently paid more attention to and work with previously.
    Last edited by Divayth Fyr; 2019-06-23 at 01:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    I don't understand your point. Why does it matter what I said?