Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 1008
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXV: It needs work! BUT THE CONCEPT IS SOUND!

    Quote Originally Posted by wingnutx View Post
    He like 'em sturdy.
    The official term is callipygian.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

  2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    geoduck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXV: It needs work! BUT THE CONCEPT IS SOUND!

    Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    The official term is callipygian.
    "Rubenesque" might be more accurate. "Callipygian" only covers one specific portion of anatomy, rather than the gestalt.

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground
     
    tonberrian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXV: It needs work! BUT THE CONCEPT IS SOUND!

    Aww, issa Dingbot Prime! Let's let it loose and see what happens!
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

    Rick Venture avatar by kpenguin, his GM.

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    geoduck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXV: It needs work! BUT THE CONCEPT IS SOUND!

    Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Aww, issa Dingbot Prime! Let's let it loose and see what happens!
    It's more than that.

    Spoiler
    Show
    It's the dingbot that Agatha made in Sturmhalten, loaded with an anti-Other message and sent off without telling Tarvek. It got away from the Geister guards but disappeared until now.

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Aug 2017

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXV: It needs work! BUT THE CONCEPT IS SOUND!

    I like little Kestlebot and Trainbot's interactions. "Let me teach you about sematics" indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

  6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Somewhere...

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXV: It needs work! BUT THE CONCEPT IS SOUND!

    Yay, the little guy is still alive!!

    Stop talking, you two yahoos, and let it out.

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Grif's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXV: It needs work! BUT THE CONCEPT IS SOUND!

    Never thought the little thing would resurface again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    We don't have enough pony to fill a subforum. We have enough friendship to fill a ponythread.
    Awesome Sliverpine ponytar by Dirtytabs.

    Placeholder for former avatars.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Excellent Ponytar thanks to Dirtytabs.

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXV: It needs work! BUT THE CONCEPT IS SOUND!

    That is one long callback and I am sure it was planned. I think this raises some scary implications. These guys had agents in the Empire before everything went pear shaped and clearly know more than we thought they knew. Also since that bot had a lot of info on the Other it raises the possibility that the monster these people are trying to summon may be Lucrezia.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

  9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Traab's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    right behind you

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXV: It needs work! BUT THE CONCEPT IS SOUND!

    Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    That is one long callback and I am sure it was planned. I think this raises some scary implications. These guys had agents in the Empire before everything went pear shaped and clearly know more than we thought they knew. Also since that bot had a lot of info on the Other it raises the possibility that the monster these people are trying to summon may be Lucrezia.
    Considering the situation in paris it would only make sense that england as well as a lucrezia problem that agatha will bring to light. Immortal beings who are sure of their omnipotence tend to start missing things because of their assumed superiority. Of course this applies to lucrezia as well most likely. I honestly wonder if this is going to end up forming a new version of the cabal we learned about in paris where everyone unites to face down the other this time. I mean, albia already has learned, holy crud, this may be the same being that murdered my fellow queens, learning that she managed to infiltrate her kingdom for lord knows how long may also persuade her that she has to move directly to destroy lucrezia, and do so as part of a group effort. Im sure the mistress of paris will agree as well once she has had some time to get her house in order. And of course gil is already fighting her. Even martellus, if tarvek doesnt somehow supplant him, would probably be willing to work with them on this.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

  10. - Top - End - #160
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXV: It needs work! BUT THE CONCEPT IS SOUND!

    Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Considering the situation in paris it would only make sense that england as well as a lucrezia problem that agatha will bring to light. Immortal beings who are sure of their omnipotence tend to start missing things because of their assumed superiority. Of course this applies to lucrezia as well most likely. I honestly wonder if this is going to end up forming a new version of the cabal we learned about in paris where everyone unites to face down the other this time. I mean, albia already has learned, holy crud, this may be the same being that murdered my fellow queens, learning that she managed to infiltrate her kingdom for lord knows how long may also persuade her that she has to move directly to destroy lucrezia, and do so as part of a group effort. Im sure the mistress of paris will agree as well once she has had some time to get her house in order. And of course gil is already fighting her. Even martellus, if tarvek doesnt somehow supplant him, would probably be willing to work with them on this.
    Martellus has shown himself more than happy to work with Agatha in the past (cf. The Beast, Andronicus Valois), but I can't see him working with Gil willingly, much less Tarvek. Also, Colette's very emphatically the Master.
    NB: While I never mean to offend anybody, sometimes the unfortunate combination of Aspergersism and the inherent difficulty of reading a situation through uninflected text over the internet get in the way of that goal. Please feel free to point out any social faux pas, inappropriate joke timing, etc.

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXV: It needs work! BUT THE CONCEPT IS SOUND!

    I don't think it's arrogance on Albia's part. She does rule a might nation as well as being immortal. She just didn't remember who had killed the other queens because she hadn't looked at her memories from that time. If you had several thousand years of memories you would miss a lot as well. Especially from a thousand of years ago. On the other hand with Lucrezia I think you are correct. She is arrogant to the extreme and apparently it's already come back to bit her a bunch of times, but she doesn't learn.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

  12. - Top - End - #162
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Agi Hammerthief's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    see homepage
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXV: It needs work! BUT THE CONCEPT IS SOUND!

    could be Lucratia got stuck in time back when she tried to kill Albia?

    anyone got a link to when Fly Dingbot last came up?
    Last edited by Agi Hammerthief; 2019-02-06 at 11:34 AM.
    * my emphasis

    http://dmreference.com/SRD/
    http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

    Things that don't kill me make me strong
    Things that do kill me leave me dead

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Narkis's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Greece
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXV: It needs work! BUT THE CONCEPT IS SOUND!

    Quote Originally Posted by Agi Hammerthief View Post
    could be Lucratia got stuck in time back when she tried to kill Albia?

    anyone got a link to when Fly Dingbot last came up?
    That would be here, with the chase sequence beginning here

    And I'm pretty sure Lucrezia got stuck in time when Van Rijn captured her.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

  14. - Top - End - #164
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Onyavar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXV: It needs work! BUT THE CONCEPT IS SOUND!

    Quote Originally Posted by Narkis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Agi Hammerthief View Post
    anyone got a link to when Fly Dingbot last came up?
    That would be here, with the chase sequence beginning here[/URL]
    Tiny correction, it's very few comics later, here.

    And soon afterwards, Wooster showed up in the circus. I assume that it was him who found the Dingbot and that it gave him the first hints towards Agatha in Sturmhalten. And that's how the Dingbot wound up in Britain. Not sure if Albia had discarded the bot as unimportant, so her researchers could have it? And also not sure, if said researchers have already understood that the Dingbots are little sparks.

  15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Traab's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    right behind you

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXV: It needs work! BUT THE CONCEPT IS SOUND!

    Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    I don't think it's arrogance on Albia's part. She does rule a might nation as well as being immortal. She just didn't remember who had killed the other queens because she hadn't looked at her memories from that time. If you had several thousand years of memories you would miss a lot as well. Especially from a thousand of years ago. On the other hand with Lucrezia I think you are correct. She is arrogant to the extreme and apparently it's already come back to bit her a bunch of times, but she doesn't learn.
    The arrogance is in assuming that because you have always been so far above the common rabble you always will be and dont have to keep pushing. The master as an example was basically the god of paris. You couldnt litter without him knowing about it. In his case though it was less arrogance and more the sheer march of time forcing his omnipotence to wane. For albia, to go against her has been literally unthinkable for a very long time. How long has it been since she had to enforce that reality last? When she was last tested not by an army of invading mutant squid, but by secret agents moving in shadow and silence? Carefully obscured plots that in turn even more carefully hide the real goals?
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Agi Hammerthief's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    see homepage
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXV: It needs work! BUT THE CONCEPT IS SOUND!

    great thanks for the link. damn long time ago.
    * my emphasis

    http://dmreference.com/SRD/
    http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

    Things that don't kill me make me strong
    Things that do kill me leave me dead

  17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXV: It needs work! BUT THE CONCEPT IS SOUND!

    12 years 7 months and 14 days. That's got to be in the Top Ten.

  18. - Top - End - #168
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Narkis's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Greece
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXV: It needs work! BUT THE CONCEPT IS SOUND!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    12 years 7 months and 14 days. That's got to be in the Top Ten.
    We'll see Zulenna again some day, and that's gonna beat all records.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

  19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Gez's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXV: It needs work! BUT THE CONCEPT IS SOUND!

    Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    The official term is callipygian.
    That just means "beautifully buttocked", without defining what beautiful buttocks exactly are, so it's subjective. Some like big butts (and cannot lie, yes), others prefer slim butts.

    Quote Originally Posted by geoduck View Post
    "Rubenesque" might be more accurate. "Callipygian" only covers one specific portion of anatomy, rather than the gestalt.
    Doesn't fit either. Phil Foglio's cartoon women have cartoony hourglass figures, so they're curvy yet slim at the same time. Rubens' women don't have a thin waist.
    E.g. look here at Agatha's prone figure; she's wasp-waisted.
    http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20030421
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

  20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXV: It needs work! BUT THE CONCEPT IS SOUND!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    That just means "beautifully buttocked", without defining what beautiful buttocks exactly are, so it's subjective. Some like big butts (and cannot lie, yes), others prefer slim butts.
    I used that one, since Agatha said so herself in the Cinderella side-story. But I have to admit, it was mostly about her buttocks.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

  21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Traab's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    right behind you

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXV: It needs work! BUT THE CONCEPT IS SOUND!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    That just means "beautifully buttocked", without defining what beautiful buttocks exactly are, so it's subjective. Some like big butts (and cannot lie, yes), others prefer slim butts.



    Doesn't fit either. Phil Foglio's cartoon women have cartoony hourglass figures, so they're curvy yet slim at the same time. Rubens' women don't have a thin waist.
    E.g. look here at Agatha's prone figure; she's wasp-waisted.
    http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20030421
    Foglio women are THICC. "When a person has fat in the right places, creating sexy curves." According to urban dictionary at least
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

  22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2015

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXV: It needs work! BUT THE CONCEPT IS SOUND!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    Doesn't fit either. Phil Foglio's cartoon women have cartoony hourglass figures, so they're curvy yet slim at the same time. Rubens' women don't have a thin waist.
    Girl Genius has a neo-Victorian design aesthetic in many ways. Ergo, most of the female characters look as if they've been wearing corsets their entire lives even when they haven't.
    Resvier: a P6 homebrew setting

  23. - Top - End - #173
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    wingnutx's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXV: It needs work! BUT THE CONCEPT IS SOUND!

    I wonder who was at Sturmhalten capturing dingbots, and writing "Sturmhalten" on the blackboard.

  24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground
     
    otakuryoga's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ashland, Kentucky

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXV: It needs work! BUT THE CONCEPT IS SOUND!

    damnit Krosp!
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

    And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

    full size avatar

  25. - Top - End - #175
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXV: It needs work! BUT THE CONCEPT IS SOUND!

    And, by the horrified look on his face, I think Tarvek is going to try to find Violetta and revive her. Hope it works.

    Question: Is Tarvek realizing he thinks of Violetta as a non-psychotic, non-homicidal, non-meglomaniac, and a few other nons sister? Or are they far enough apart on their family tree for him to be realizing something else without it being kind of disturbing?
    Last edited by Ellen; 2019-02-08 at 01:32 AM.

  26. - Top - End - #176
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXV: It needs work! BUT THE CONCEPT IS SOUND!

    Quote Originally Posted by Krosp
    Zeetha, Wooster and the other Jagers went with her.
    So Krosp knows Higgs is a Jager?
    NB: While I never mean to offend anybody, sometimes the unfortunate combination of Aspergersism and the inherent difficulty of reading a situation through uninflected text over the internet get in the way of that goal. Please feel free to point out any social faux pas, inappropriate joke timing, etc.

  27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Rockphed's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Near Giant Graffiti.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXV: It needs work! BUT THE CONCEPT IS SOUND!

    Quote Originally Posted by SZbNAhL View Post
    So Krosp knows Higgs is a Jager?
    And has not noticed that it isn't obvious to everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    We should change the collective noun for crocodiles to "an abundance of crocodiles".
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

    Now offering unsolicited advice.

  28. - Top - End - #178
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Aug 2017

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXV: It needs work! BUT THE CONCEPT IS SOUND!

    I do like how Higgs first instinct is that Agatha wanted to see the extra-dimensional horror.

    Quote Originally Posted by SZbNAhL View Post
    So Krosp knows Higgs is a Jager?
    He can probably tell by smell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

  29. - Top - End - #179
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Agi Hammerthief's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    see homepage
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXV: It needs work! BUT THE CONCEPT IS SOUND!

    is there a way to turm off the whiny „this site is run by ads“
    because I can see the ads quite all right.
    * my emphasis

    http://dmreference.com/SRD/
    http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

    Things that don't kill me make me strong
    Things that do kill me leave me dead

  30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXV: It needs work! BUT THE CONCEPT IS SOUND!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    And, by the horrified look on his face, I think Tarvek is going to try to find Violetta and revive her. Hope it works.

    Question: Is Tarvek realizing he thinks of Violetta as a non-psychotic, non-homicidal, non-meglomaniac, and a few other nons sister? Or are they far enough apart on their family tree for him to be realizing something else without it being kind of disturbing?
    A little verisimilitude-breaking for me.
    First panel: This place is dangerous and trying to kill us!
    Last panel: Whaaaaaaat? People I know and care about (who are here where everything is trying to kill us) might die? Whaaaaa???
    Does Tarvek know that Violetta (and he) are main characters, and thus shouldn't just die? No. He knows that the two of them are adventurers in an extremely dangerous place. I get being upset. Maybe even surprised that he is so upset. Surprised in general? Shouldn't be.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •