New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: IC II Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs

"Thank you," Aerin says, taking the pouch offered to her. "What is it that you need?"

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Thank you," Hawke says as he takes the pouch. He then decides to just await the answer to Aerin's question.

Spoiler: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Show
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE!
    ┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE!
    ┻━┻ ︵ \\('0')// ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES!
    ಠ_ಠ
    ಠ_ಠ Put.
    ಠ__ಠ The tables.
    ಠ___ಠ Back.
    (╮°-°)╮┳━┳
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Rowan takes the bag and peeks inside, very conscious that this is more money than he'd ever held. "Thank you," he echoes Aerin and Hawke after a moment, his eyes now glazed over with shock as well as spell.

4. - Top - End - #34

"About time." Relik mutters under his breath, contrarily. It took a while, but that temporary guard position at the tournament actually paid well in the end.

Absently staring at the floating letters again, he says flatly, "Depends on the task...."

5. - Top - End - #35
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Sandra accepts the pouch mechanically and stares at it, as if not being sure that it's is real.

Xastra nods to the party and addresses the question. "As you are surely aware, while Duchess Shalesse of Springhaven posed the most immediate threat, she has not been working alone. We have reason to believe that this assassination was plotted by a larger conspiracy. However, the Duchess has so far refused to reveal who else is involved, or how wide this betrayal has spread. The most immediate concern is the Duchy of Springhaven. What is going on in that small nation; is it getting ready to rebel, or was capturing the Duchess enough to stop the uprising? Unfortunately all Scrying and Sending to the duchy has been blocked by an unknown force."

"So, the only possiblity is to investigate in person. I intend to travel to Springhaven myself, unofficially and incognito if possible, with only a small guard. Since you all know Springhaven, at least to some extent, and have proven yourselves to be both capable and unconnected to this sinister plot, I ask if you would aqcompany me on this mission. The goal is to determine the state of the duchy and the loyalties of the key nobility and other people of power, find out if the dragonfolk that attacked the castle are still there, where they came from and what are their intentions, as well as extract Lamath Akiba, Minister of Defence of Springhave, from Illyrie's temple where he is being held and arrange for him to be delivered to Imperial custody. If we can discover anything else relating to the conspiracy that would be good also."

"It is likely that this task will require improvisation, and as I am told that is... not exactly my strong suit, it is only reasonable that I seek assistance. Since you have acted commendably in surprising circumstances, I deduce that you can help me. Therefore your insight into what actions to take could also be invaluable. And if neither the wish to preserve peace or loyality to the Empire is enough to make you accept, then let me assure you that we are prepared to pay a handsome reward for any success. However, I admit this task is likely to be dangerous, but the risks of inaction are also high."

The Councillor spoke long, clearly used to hold even much longer speeches. The Preceptor nods to her words and once she has finished, looks each of the present party members in the eye in turn. "We cannot allow a civil war, the consequences would be devastating. Please, help stop it."
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.
    Rhenner Calami, a snarky medic with an untrustworthy memory.

DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart

6. - Top - End - #36

"All right," Aerin says, opting not to mention her current geas; it hasn't significantly impeded her so far, concerned as she briefly was that it would cause Shalesse to escape earlier. "Do you know anything about this fey Archprincess's involvement?"

7. - Top - End - #37

Hawke gives no indication as to whether or not he's willing to help the Empire anymore, but he simply adds to Aerin's question, "Archprincess Mayirg'nialla was the name I gleaned from some of our guests."

Spoiler: Sylvan
    Show
    "Fey can certainly be interesting to talk to."

Spoiler: OoC, Fey Etiquette
    Show
    So OoC, I know names can be a sticking point when it comes to fey. Mainly that you don't give a fey your full name, but I have seen some versions where "using" a fey's name may not be a good idea either. Of course, neither Hawke nor myself know what your rules are on fey etiquette in general.

I suppose the question is, can I make a roll of some kind to see what Hawke knows about fey etiquette? Given that Hawke learned the language at some point, it seems like he may have some familiarity with the topic, but I don't know that for sure.
    Last edited by Table Flipper; 2019-02-28 at 11:12 PM.

Show
    ಠ_ಠ
    ಠ_ಠ Put.
    ಠ__ಠ The tables.
    ಠ___ಠ Back.
    (╮°-°)╮┳━┳
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!

8. - Top - End - #38

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    "All right," Aerin says, opting not to mention her current geas; it hasn't significantly impeded her so far, concerned as she briefly was that it would cause Shalesse to escape earlier. "Do you know anything about this fey Archprincess's involvement?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Table Flipper View Post
    Hawke gives no indication as to whether or not he's willing to help the Empire anymore, but he simply adds to Aerin's question, "Archprincess Mayirg'nialla was the name I gleaned from some of our guests."

Spoiler: Sylvan
    Show
    "Fey can certainly be interesting to talk to."

"I would say fey are most frustrating beings, completely unpredictable", the Councillor frowns, "Duchess Shalesse has thus far refused to share anything regarding the Archprincess, though she seems convinced that this being will rescue her from the predicament she has gotten herself into. I personally would not trust a fey to do anything, but we are still taking every precaution we can to make sure her grace will not leave Imperial custody. Unfortunately we have no one in the camp who could get more information from the Duchess at present, her fey blood makes her very resistant to simple charms that would encourage her to co-operate with us. I have sent word that a Mindprober be sent from the capital, but it will take some time until they arrive."

"However, based on the descriptions I have heard of Duchess Shalesse's transformation, I would say it is almost certain it was caused by the Archprincess in question. Also, examinations at the tent her grace commandeered only a little earlier have produced evidence that a gate was opened between the realm known as Faešei and Magterra, which is what our world is called in planar travel. This sort of magic is extremely powerful and I doubt her grace could have performed it herself, so it is more likely it was created by the Archprincess. So clearly she has aided the Duchess, but how deeply is she really involved we cannot say. Fey are fickle, it could well be that this whole plan is merely a diversion for the Archprincess, a way to alleviate boredom that often plagues ancient beings. Or perhaps one of the Duchess Shalesse's fey ancestors serves the Archprincess, or maybe the two are related directly. Or it could be something far more sinister is going on."
    Councillor Xastra rises her hand to her forehead. "This is all just conjecture, for the moment we simply do not know enough. Still, the fey have a particularly strong connection to this land. The Gastaraa plains, as well as Springhaven, were fey lands in ancient times, and I have heard some of the fair folk may still live in the local wilds."

"Indeed they do. We met a couple of small fey on the way here, fairies or pixies I assume," Agiloor adds.

"Right, I hope we can avoid them while travelling. The Archprincess's name, Mayirg'nialla is not familiar to either of us, however, we are hardly experts on the subject. The name is important, and Preceptor Agiloor has agreed to research the matter once he gets back to civilization. The Emperor's entourage will naturally not continue to Springhaven now, they will head to Mhiran instead. That country is not exactly famous for its learnedness, but I am sure their libraries will have something."

9. - Top - End - #39

Quote Originally Posted by CWater View Post
    Springhaven

"Oh, I guess that would work.. Though if it's just the guards you're worried about, I can help you with that! I'm rather good with illusions, I can make it so even your brother wouldn't recognise you!", Iver replies with confidence. "Please Miss Mata, will you at least let me move the lad to your rooms?"
    Eglantine turned to go request a cleric and paused. They were all busy and if a guard stopped them... well they couldn't defend themselves. She let out a frustrated groan. "Ugh fine. Do your magic. I need a chance to get out of here anyway. One request, on the way there I need to buy a small trinket."
    Moved my stuff over to HERE!

10. - Top - End - #40

Hawke slightly rolls his eyes at Xastra's random condescension towards Mhiran, but says nothing on the matter. "Right, fair enough. Anyway, regarding your mission, I'll give you Alfhan's name for free. He's the castle guard commander. When Sandra and I reported the castle attack to him, he ended up sending some pathetic lackeys to try and silence us. Speaking of which... I'm pretty sure everyone here is known to the conspirators. I trust you have some good disguises if you wanted us to come with you?"

Show
    ಠ_ಠ
    ಠ_ಠ Put.
    ಠ__ಠ The tables.
    ಠ___ಠ Back.
    (╮°-°)╮┳━┳
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Rowan listens to Xastra's speech- it was a speech, really, not just a conversation.
    "Disguises are an especially good idea for me. There was a misunderstanding with some nobility, and I don't think now would be the best time to resolve it." Said misunderstanding including technically being an escaped prisoner and accused thief, but somehow he didn't think the Councillor needed to know that. "You should also take care in planning our route back- we met with some trouble on the way, unquiet spirits in an abandoned village."
    He doesn't bother to accept the Councillor's offer- as a servant of Illyrie, wanting to prevent a civil war should be obvious.

12. - Top - End - #42

Relik's eyes have glazed over by about the third sentance of the second speech. Wow. How much she talks. 'Talk less, say more'. An old mantra, but always relevant. He continues to stare at the letters around the Preceptor's head, mesmerized.

Spoiler: Cwater
    Show
    So, question. Can Relik surreptitiously use the SLA for Read Magic? If he can do so without being too overt or distruptive, he would like to see if he can make any sense of these weird floaty letters.
    Last edited by SirCatBeard; 2019-03-06 at 07:22 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43

Griffon

Springhaven

Quote Originally Posted by Athedia View Post
    Eglantine turned to go request a cleric and paused. They were all busy and if a guard stopped them... well they couldn't defend themselves. She let out a frustrated groan. "Ugh fine. Do your magic. I need a chance to get out of here anyway. One request, on the way there I need to buy a small trinket."
    "Certainly, certainly, anything you want, Miss Mata", Iver replies, immeasurably relieved, "Shall we go right away, or do you still have something to do here?"

Gastaraa plains

Hawke slightly rolls his eyes at Xastra's random condescension towards Mhiran, but says nothing on the matter. "Right, fair enough. Anyway, regarding your mission, I'll give you Alfhan's name for free. He's the castle guard commander. When Sandra and I reported the castle attack to him, he ended up sending some pathetic lackeys to try and silence us. Speaking of which... I'm pretty sure everyone here is known to the conspirators. I trust you have some good disguises if you wanted us to come with you?"
    Quote Originally Posted by aReallyGreatAxe View Post
    Rowan listens to Xastra's speech- it was a speech, really, not just a conversation.
    "Disguises are an especially good idea for me. There was a misunderstanding with some nobility, and I don't think now would be the best time to resolve it." Said misunderstanding including technically being an escaped prisoner and accused thief, but somehow he didn't think the Councillor needed to know that. "You should also take care in planning our route back- we met with some trouble on the way, unquiet spirits in an abandoned village."
    He doesn't bother to accept the Councillor's offer- as a servant of Illyrie, wanting to prevent a civil war should be obvious.
    "Yes, illusion disguises can be arranged. I was planning on using one myself and it should not be a problem if you need them too."

Xastra frowns at the mention of Alfhan, "The Commander is a significant threat. He has reputation as an experienced fighter, and an expert tactician. I will add to the mission that we should try to either capture him or at least stop him from acting in favour of the conspiracy."

To Rowan's warning she replies, "Your concern is noted, Initiate of Illyrie. We will not travel close to the village, but take the main road. It may not be as fast as the shortcut you took on your way here, but it should minimize the risk of encountering any undead or fey that might reside in the area. You might be interested to know that Caretaker Howdlin, our cleric of Iszyl, is planning an expedition to the abandoned village you discovered, to put all those restless souls that roam about finally to rest."

Quote Originally Posted by SirCatBeard View Post
    Relik's eyes have glazed over by about the third sentance of the second speech. Wow. How much she talks. 'Talk less, say more'. An old mantra, but always relevant. He continues to stare at the letters around the Preceptor's head, mesmerized.

Spoiler: Cwater
    Show
    So, question. Can Relik surreptitiously use the SLA for Read Magic? If he can do so without being too overt or distruptive, he would like to see if he can make any sense of these weird floaty letters.
    Spoiler: Relik
    Show
    Service-level agreement? XD

Yeah, he can cast Read Magic. To do it discreetly, please roll a Sleight of Hand check, please.

14. - Top - End - #44

Springhaven

"Certainly, certainly, anything you want, Miss Mata", Iver replies, immeasurably relieved, "Shall we go right away, or do you still have something to do here?"
    "Go stir crazy. I will want to grab my axe on the way out.
    Do you magic Ivar and lead the way."

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

To Rowan's warning she replies, "Your concern is noted, Initiate of Illyrie. We will not travel close to the village, but take the main road. It may not be as fast as the shortcut you took on your way here, but it should minimize the risk of encountering any undead or fey that might reside in the area. You might be interested to know that Caretaker Howdlin, our cleric of Iszyl, is planning an expedition to the abandoned village you discovered, to put all those restless souls that roam about finally to rest."

Spoiler: Relik
    Show
    Service-level agreement? XD

Yeah, he can cast Read Magic. To do it discreetly, please roll a Sleight of Hand check, please.
    "Interested is one way to put it," Rowan says guiltily. When push came to shove, he'd smacked the undead just like the others. "I know they're not supposed to be walking around but...I guess he's the only way to give them peace."

He sighs. "The only question I have is 'when do we leave'?"

16. - Top - End - #46

Griffon

Springhaven

"Go stir crazy. I will want to grab my axe on the way out.
    Do you magic Ivar and lead the way."
    "Excellent, let us go immediately! After you, miss", Iver follows Eglantine to the entrance hall, where she collects her weapons from the frowning Brother Gregor, who can't resist the temptation to pass up a change to lecture on the folly of violence.

Before they step out of the door, Iver casts an illusion on Eggy, turning her into a blond elven girl with large blue eyes. "I shall follow your lead, miss", he says jovially and opens the door for her.

Spoiler: Eglantine
    Show
    Where are you going first?

Gastaraa Plains

"Interested is one way to put it," Rowan says guiltily. When push came to shove, he'd smacked the undead just like the others. "I know they're not supposed to be walking around but...I guess he's the only way to give them peace."

He sighs. "The only question I have is 'when do we leave'?"
    "Today, in two and half hours, from the main gate. The Empire will supply rations for the journey and mounts if you do not have your own. If you need any other supplies, the quartermasters can provide them at a fair price. Assuming of course, that you will take this mission. I have yet to hear a decisive answer from most of you?" The question is strong in her tone.

Suddenly, she frowns again. "What are you casting?", she demands Relik.

Spoiler: Relik ONLY
    Show
    The spell confirms that the symbols floating around the illumians' craniums are not just decoration. Most of the words are a strange language Relik doesn't recognise and their function is complicated and not immediately obvious. However, both have two words of power that the spell can read.

Agiloor's are "Naen" and "Krau", meaning "Mind" and "Magic". They enhance his intelligence and magic powers.
    Avendii has "Aesh" and "Hoon", which mean "Vigor" and "Life". They amplify her strength, constitution and, perhaps surprisingly, also wisdom.

17. - Top - End - #47

Springhaven

"Excellent, let us go immediately! After you, miss", Iver follows Eglantine to the entrance hall, where she collects her weapons from the frowning Brother Gregor, who can't resist the temptation to pass up a change to lecture on the folly of violence.

Before they step out of the door, Iver casts an illusion on Eggy, turning her into a blond elven girl with large blue eyes. "I shall follow your lead, miss", he says jovially and opens the door for her.

Spoiler: Eglantine
    Show
    Where are you going first?
    Eggy walked out feeling a little awkward in the disguise and started off for Vindals. She had to get a message to Rowan and she knew exactly the item she needed to do so.

Spoiler: CWater
    Show
    Vindal's she wants the bird token thing that can send a message to 1 known person.

Also as I lost all my progression notes at some point I need to ask about some crafting/future build stuff for Eggy

18. - Top - End - #48

Gastaraa Plains

"Today, in two and half hours, from the main gate. The Empire will supply rations for the journey and mounts if you do not have your own. If you need any other supplies, the quartermasters can provide them at a fair price. Assuming of course, that you will take this mission. I have yet to hear a decisive answer from most of you?" The question is strong in her tone.

Suddenly, she frowns again. "What are you casting?", she demands Relik.

Spoiler: Relik ONLY
    Show
    The spell confirms that the symbols floating around the illumians' craniums are not just decoration. Most of the words are a strange language Relik doesn't recognise and their function is complicated and not immediately obvious. However, both have two words of power that the spell can read.

Agiloor's are "Naen" and "Krau", meaning "Mind" and "Magic". They enhance his intelligence and magic powers.
    Avendii has "Aesh" and "Hoon", which mean "Vigor" and "Life". They amplify her strength, constitution and, perhaps surprisingly, also wisdom.
    Relik mutters something inaudible, "Hmpm...talk too much...bore...pass time somehow" but otherwise does not answer.

"To the point, if there's pay like this, I guess I could lend a flail. I enjoy a good fight, but war benefits no one."
    Last edited by SirCatBeard; 2019-03-11 at 07:25 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49

Hawke gives a brief half smile at Relik's antics before speaking up. "I'll go too. People like that aren't fit to rule."

Show
    ಠ_ಠ
    ಠ_ಠ Put.
    ಠ__ಠ The tables.
    ಠ___ಠ Back.
    (╮°-°)╮┳━┳
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!

20. - Top - End - #50

Griffon

Springhaven

Eglantine and Iver leave Illyrie's temple and head towards Trader's Track. The guards posted outside the temple eye them as they step out, but don't approach or try to stop them. The streets have grown much quieter than how they were on the previous Tournament days, and all of the merry atmosphere is gone.

No one bothers them on the way. When Eggy reaches Vindal's shop, she notices that the 'CLOSED' sign has been placed on the door. However, she sees Olyvar through the window, he's standing next to a workbench, apparently actually working for once.

Gastaraa Plains

Sandra nods. "I'll help too, if there's anything I can do. For everyone who died in the castle", she says in a quiet voice.

"Excellent. If you have no other questions, do any preparations you have and meet me at the gate." The Councillor gestures to indicate that the meeting is over.

"Gods be on your side", Agiloor says and bids the group goodbye, "For everyone's sake."

As they exit the tent, Avendii follows them outside. "Good luck with her", she nudges her head towards the tent, "She's a dozen times worse than uncle, you're biggest challenge will be to resist the urge to strangle her to shut her up. Still, I'm kinda sorry I can't go with you and get back at those schemers. But I need to guard uncle, the Empire's got its own internal dangers."

21. - Top - End - #51

"Yes, good luck with all that." Hawke gives Avendii a nod before going off to make his preparations.

Spoiler: Preparations
    Show
    Should probably stock up on supplies, like we were able to do before. If possible/available in the army encampment, I would like to purchase:

-Buckler shield (estimated 15gp),
    -Unless there is a +1 Buckler available, in which case I would buy that instead (so estimated 515gp, as I recall magic enchantments are half vanilla cost in this setting?)
    -2 CLW potions (est 40gp)
    -2 CMW potions (est 240gp)
    -1 CSW potion (est 350gp)
    -20 arrows (est 1 gp)

And, if I can locate Udara again in the allotted time, I would like to let her know that I just received a payment and would like her to pass a bit more money along to mother when she gets the chance. This amount of money would be 50 of the pp (so 500gp), in a pouch. Hawke would not mention out loud that it contains platinum, so as to be more discreet in the handing off of money.

I'll let you know if I think of anything else, and of course some of these estimated prices may be wrong.

Show
    ಠ_ಠ
    ಠ_ಠ Put.
    ಠ__ಠ The tables.
    ಠ___ಠ Back.
    (╮°-°)╮┳━┳
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!

22. - Top - End - #52

Springhaven

Eglantine and Iver leave Illyrie's temple and head towards Trader's Track. The guards posted outside the temple eye them as they step out, but don't approach or try to stop them. The streets have grown much quieter than how they were on the previous Tournament days, and all of the merry atmosphere is gone.

No one bothers them on the way. When Eggy reaches Vindal's shop, she notices that the 'CLOSED' sign has been placed on the door. However, she sees Olyvar through the window, he's standing next to a workbench, apparently actually working for once.
    Seeing the closed sign Eglantine looked back at Iver in concern and then attempted to circle around to the back door to try that lock.

23. - Top - End - #53

As they exit the tent, Avendii follows them outside. "Good luck with her", she nudges her head towards the tent, "She's a dozen times worse than uncle, you're biggest challenge will be to resist the urge to strangle her to shut her up. Still, I'm kinda sorry I can't go with you and get back at those schemers. But I need to guard uncle, the Empire's got its own internal dangers."
    "Apparently. I make no promises."

Show
    If CSW potions are 350, would like to get up to 5 of them; if they are limited in supply, CMW would substitute. And 4 Javelins at ~1gp each. Since that stink bomb idea worked so well he would also like to grab a pair of empty sacks(2sp), just incase we want to try it again I realize this is just a camp, but it is a fancy imperial camp and so must be full of snooty rich people, so I figure I'll ask: Is there any chance of more exotic magical stuff, beyond basic weapons/armor?

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Good luck! And thank you for the warning."

"Speaking of dangers..." Rowan turns to the rest of the party. "Thanks to the Lady, I might be able to bring you back if you die! If I can get the clerics to sell me materials. There is a ...downside though. You'll be alive, but you won't necessarily be you. The magic makes you a whole new body rather than fixing the one you already have. I don't want to force that on anyone. Do you want me to bring you back? "

Spoiler: OoC
    Show

Just taking a 'who's okay with reincarnate' poll to avoid potential friction later. If what you the player is okay with differs from what the character is okay with, just let me know.

Spoiler: Shopping?
    Show

Rowan has now had Reincarnate added to his list, and wants to purchase the "rare oils and unguents" to be able to cast the spell... if possible, he'd like enough for two, three if they've got it. (Since we all know he's going to waste at least one on someone irrelevant.)

25. - Top - End - #55

"Speaking of dangers..." Rowan turns to the rest of the party. "Thanks to the Lady, I might be able to bring you back if you die! If I can get the clerics to sell me materials. There is a ...downside though. You'll be alive, but you won't necessarily be you. The magic makes you a whole new body rather than fixing the one you already have. I don't want to force that on anyone. Do you want me to bring you back? "
    "What? Like you come back as someone else, but still you, but not you? Not really sure how much sense that makes, but why not. Could be fun; I mean, how often to you get to try things from another body."

He casts a glance back at the fancy tent where they left the grumpy, long-winded lady and turns back to Hawke. "You know, I don't usually, but in the interest of not strangling people, I wonder if maybe I should find a flask as well before we leave."

Spoiler
    Show
    One more preparation: If we are losing the Preceptor and getting this school teacher lady instead, Relik is going to need some whiskey and a flask.
    Last edited by SirCatBeard; 2019-03-21 at 07:17 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56

Hawke considers for a moment before replying, "Uh, interesting... I appreciate the offer, but I think I'll just... stay alive."

Spoiler: OoC, on Reincarnate
    Show
    To clarify, Hawke as a character would not be thrilled with the idea. I as the player think it could be interesting, but any final decision on my part would probably depend on the details of the situation at the time.

[COLOR=#993300]He casts a glance back at the fancy tent where they left the grumpy, long-winded lady and turns back to Hawke. "You know, I don't usually, but in the interest of not strangling people, I wonder if maybe I should find a flask as well before we leave."
    "Yeah I could top off too. Hope they have decent stuff here."

Show
    I know I've used some of the rum, though I haven't been keeping track or anything. I'll top it off while here, if possible. Not terribly important.

Show
    ಠ_ಠ
    ಠ_ಠ Put.
    ಠ__ಠ The tables.
    ಠ___ಠ Back.
    (╮°-°)╮┳━┳
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!

27. - Top - End - #57

Griffon

Springhaven

Seeing the closed sign Eglantine looked back at Iver in concern and then attempted to circle around to the back door to try that lock.
    Eglantine steps through the back door and finds the same inner door locked as before. Iver follows her, somewhat perturbed by her approach to the shop. "Um, Miss Mata, uh... Where is this going?"

Imperial encampment

"Yes, good luck with all that." Hawke gives Avendii a nod before going off to make his preparations.

Show
    Should probably stock up on supplies, like we were able to do before. If possible/available in the army encampment, I would like to purchase:

-Buckler shield (estimated 15gp),
    -Unless there is a +1 Buckler available, in which case I would buy that instead (so estimated 515gp, as I recall magic enchantments are half vanilla cost in this setting?)
    -20 arrows (est 1 gp)

And, if I can locate Udara again in the allotted time, I would like to let her know that I just received a payment and would like her to pass a bit more money along to mother when she gets the chance. This amount of money would be 50 of the pp (so 500gp), in a pouch. Hawke would not mention out loud that it contains platinum, so as to be more discreet in the handing off of money.

I'll let you know if I think of anything else, and of course some of these estimated prices may be wrong.
    "Apparently. I make no promises."

Show
    If CSW potions are 350, would like to get up to 5 of them; if they are limited in supply, CMW would substitute. And 4 Javelins at ~1gp each. Since that stink bomb idea worked so well he would also like to grab a pair of empty sacks(2sp), just incase we want to try it again I realize this is just a camp, but it is a fancy imperial camp and so must be full of snooty rich people, so I figure I'll ask: Is there any chance of more exotic magical stuff, beyond basic weapons/armor?

"Good luck! And thank you for the warning."

Show

Just taking a 'who's okay with reincarnate' poll to avoid potential friction later. If what you the player is okay with differs from what the character is okay with, just let me know.

Spoiler: Shopping?
    Show

Rowan has now had Reincarnate added to his list, and wants to purchase the "rare oils and unguents" to be able to cast the spell... if possible, he'd like enough for two, three if they've got it. (Since we all know he's going to waste at least one on someone irrelevant.)
    Hawke considers for a moment before replying, "Uh, interesting... I appreciate the offer, but I think I'll just... stay alive."

Spoiler: OoC, on Reincarnate
    Show
    To clarify, Hawke as a character would not be thrilled with the idea. I as the player think it could be interesting, but any final decision on my part would probably depend on the details of the situation at the time.
    "What? Like you come back as someone else, but still you, but not you? Not really sure how much sense that makes, but why not. Could be fun; I mean, how often to you get to try things from another body."
    "B-bring back? I guess, I would want to live, yes...", Sandra replies nervously.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Not going to pressure you into reincarnating an NPC, but considering it's something that Rowan would totally do... I'll have her answer as well.

He casts a glance back at the fancy tent where they left the grumpy, long-winded lady and turns back to Hawke. "You know, I don't usually, but in the interest of not strangling people, I wonder if maybe I should find a flask as well before we leave."

Spoiler
    Show
    One more preparation: If we are losing the Preceptor and getting this school teacher lady instead, Relik is going to need some whiskey and a flask.
    "Yeah I could top off too. Hope they have decent stuff here."

Show
    I know I've used some of the rum, though I haven't been keeping track or anything. I'll top it off while here, if possible. Not terribly important.
    The rest of the party makes their way to the quartermasters. As they walks across the camp, they see how the tents are quickly in the process of being pulled down and packed for travel.

The quartermasters are busy supervising the business, but agree to trade with the party nonetheless.

Spoiler: Shopping
    Show
    Hawke
    -Buckler shield +1
    -20 arrows (est 1 gp)
    -They don't have rum for sale, but you can get ale, whiskey, wine or mead instead

He can get all of the above for a total of 1130 gp

Relik
    -5 CSW potions
    -4 javelins
    -2 empty sacks

Total 1750 gp

Axe
    -3 spells worth of "rare oils and unguents"

Total 1500 gp.

Afterwards, Hawke goes to find Ulara, who is currently getting her things in order and ready for marching. She accepts the money pouch, gives Hawke a hug and asks a couple of more prying questions about his financial situation, though she doesn't have the time to stop to chat for too long.
    Last edited by CWater; 2019-03-22 at 08:45 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58

"A new body? Would that mean--what exactly would be different about this body?"

Assuming, not a safe assumption, that Rowan's answer doesn't make it sound far worse than the clinical writeup of Reincarnation, she'll say, "I'd rather be alive than not. Hopefully it won't come up."

29. - Top - End - #59

Springhaven

Eglantine steps through the back door and finds the same inner door locked as before. Iver follows her, somewhat perturbed by her approach to the shop. "Um, Miss Mata, uh... Where is this going?"
    "Don't worry, I do this all the time."

Eglantine knelt down by the door to try to listen for any voices. She felt for her lockpicking tools in case she didn't hear any.

Spoiler: CWater
    Show
    Poor Ivar

Listen: (1d20+1)[5]

Disable Device: (1d20+1)[20]

30. - Top - End - #60

Once Hawke finishes his business, he goes to the main gate and waits for the others, just lazily observing his surroundings in the meantime.

Show
    ಠ_ಠ
    ಠ_ಠ Put.
    ಠ__ಠ The tables.
    ಠ___ಠ Back.
    (╮°-°)╮┳━┳
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!