New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Vampire: Renfield's Masquerade (Game Thread)

Zeratul who has been sitting in the corner enigmatically smoking a pipe gets up. "Hmm... vampires eh? Nothing a stereotypical Aragorn-esque mysterious stranger can't take care of!" (goes for the obvious, and points at Zombie Rock Star)
    Last edited by zeratul; 2007-09-27 at 05:12 PM.
    Alexi Laiho Avatar by Mr._Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Sephiroth and Arthuai
    [CENTER]Sepiroth avatars by Ink
    Arthuai by Mr_Saturn
    Alexi Laiho by Mr_Saturn

I have a metal blog thing now, check it out

Quote Originally Posted by D'anna Biers View Post
    MOTHER NATURE IS LIKE A REAL MOTHER. IN THAT SHE SECRETELY HATES YOU AND NEVER LETS YOU GO OUT WITH YOUR HOODLUM FRIENDS.
    You can't kill the metal, metal will live on! \m/

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Vampires? There is no such thing as a vampire! Some prankster must have done this. Korias must be hung for starting this mob."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu the Masked LLama View Post
    *The llama trots around inside the house. Its hopelessly lost, but at least the feeling of dread and death that was outside is less strong in here. It accidently bumps Ink as it meanders around.*
    "Gah! The beast attacks! Away, you foul creature of the night! Take this!"

As he leaps to one side, Ink uncorks one of his potion bottles and splashes the contents over the llama. "A-HA! Now you... eh?" He stands looking confounded as the creature does not go up in a puff of smoke. "But that was the finest stock from Honest Harry's Discount Shop. Holiest time of the year to be brewing holy water, Harry said. Hmmm..." He consults his handbook. "Identifying a vampire. 1) Vampires have two sharp implements in their mouths for drawing blood."

"Got it!" Ink lunges at the llama and grabs him in a headlock to try and pry open his mouth.
    Last edited by Ink; 2007-09-27 at 08:18 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Banned

The moon sinks even lower in the slowly brightening sky.
    The Master will have you either way.....
    "It matters little where you run. It matters little." Renfield says aloud in a singsong voice.
    Yes. Feed the Master's servants and give them strength....
    Converging, the frightened guests at Lord Godalming's ball practically surround the poor hapless Pwenet.
    The devil-wolves howl in the courtyard, catching the scent of Pwenet's fear on the wind. Renfield licks his lips in anticipation of the events to come.
    Eyes wide, the stammering Pwenet pleads
    "Please. Why are you all surrounding me. I'm no demon! Let me leave this place. Let me leave and tempt the night and it's beasts outside."
    Vuurmeester, Castaras and Freshmeat grasp the sobbing Pwenet and begin to drag him towards the door.

"You want to go outside, do you?"
    "I think we can assist you with that good sir."
    "Yes. Yes we'll put you outside. Out into the coming sunlight DEVIL!"
    Yesss. Outside as the Master wills it.
    The three drag Pwenet to the entrance and draw the door open a tiny bit. A few of the guests guard the door from the numerous wolves with gathered rifles and pistols.
    Shoving Pwenet outside and slamming the door closed behind him, the wolves begin to howl frantically.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Let me back in, I beg of you." Pwenet screams in terror. "Don't leave me out here."

Color washes over the ballroom and foyer as the sun crests the horizon. Stained glass comes alive in the heights of the manor.

Pwenet screams.

The wolves cry out together.

Fearing to open the door and let Pwenet back in, the guests rush upstairs to high windows overlooking the courtyard.
    The body of Pwenet has been torn apart by the devil-wolves that have laid siege upon Godalming Manor. A few remain near the door, lapping up blood from pools as if they were merely sipping from a stream.

One window is closed in silence as you all realize your mistake.
    Another holds Renfield, his attention never wavering from the carnage below.
    Yes Master. Let your minions fed and grow strong.

Pwenet was lynched by the guests.

Night One ends as Dawn breaks.

Please PM all daytime activities
    (Vampire kills, Van Helsing protection, Tremere incantations, ect.)
    to both Helgraf and Shadow.
    Dusk falls in approximately 24 hours.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Since it's already been asked of me a few times in the last couple of minutes, I'll repeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow (from the registration thread (rules)
    Once the majority has voted for one person, that person is lynched. Dawn breaks, and it begins again. The lynched person is out, and can make comments, but nothing that could influence a vote. When a lynching happens, it is NOT revealed as to which role the person had unless said player was a Childe of the Night, or unless it becomes a necessity as in the case of the Lovers, Triole, etc..
    If/when a body is found at dusk it is NOT revealed which role they had.
    If the Vampires start blind, the entire game should continue that way..
    @v: Meh, that's why I said approximately.
    Last edited by Shadow; 2007-09-27 at 09:59 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Dusk falls in approximately 24 hours.
    ((Slightly closer to 28 hours, as I'll be getting in a little late Friday night/Saturday morning. But no worries. It will proceed.))
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Old Man Jenkins shakes his head sadly, seeing the blood and viscera in the court yard.

"Poor poor man, that's a horrible to way to go... I fear for the day those wolves rip down the doors to this mansion."

Old Man jenkins plays a quick but jaunty funeral dirge on his banjo, takes off his white jacket, then heads off to bed.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Great. There goes one very likely villager."

(Strikes-out Pwenet on the non-suspect list. Of course, he *may* come back from the dead... upon which I'll reevaluate him then. Of course, my suspect list is headed up of people that didn't vote on Day 1....)
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

8. - Top - End - #68

((Guess I'm on the suspects list then? Havn't been posting due to mid semester exams, might start following this game once they are over if I'm still alive.))
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Barbarian in the Playground

Korias bows his head low, holding a dirty and tattered Tri-cornered hat across his heart. I bid thee well, Pwenet. Putting his hat back on, he fetches a green apple from a nearby bin and crunches into its crisp, juicy center.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jeggred walks over to the remaining bits of cooling flesh and ripped gore and meat. Carefully placing his booted feet, as to not slip in the gore, he kneels down and sifts through the mess to find Pewents pants and belt...and goes through the pockets for the dead man's change. After finding a few handfulls, the man stands and takes his hat off, sweeping it wide as he flourishes a bow.

"Thank ye' for yer generous gifts to me and my gullet, Sir meatbag."

Jeggred replaces his hat and does a religious ward in front of him, turning and moving off back into the house to look for more of his kin.

Mumbling to himself, jeggred waits till no one is within earshot,
    "Time to plan my survival..."
    Last edited by Jeggred Von; 2007-09-28 at 12:44 PM.

Ancient Kingdoms Campaign Sourcebook: Available Now!
    Ancient Kingdoms - Gothmoor: Nation of Shadows : In Progress

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

The wasp starts dancing. The death of Pwenet somehow made him happy, but deep inside him his real personality cries.

"Let's fight those vampires",says the voice, but deep inside him, Ichneumon just wants to his control own body, his mind.
    Last edited by Ichneumon; 2007-09-28 at 02:06 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72

((Dusk falls approximately 12 hours from now. Make sure you've gotten your actions in to Helgraf and Shadow by then. Use 'em or lose 'em.))

Renfield, possessed of a mania that defies the need for simple things like sleep, moves through the many hallways of the keep with an almost supernatural stealth. He bites his thumb and presses the bleeding nub against the door to the room that had been reserved for Pwenet. Then, with the tips of long fingernails in dire need of cutting, he swirls the blood, using his fingers and nails as paintbrushes to create a crude tableau. Occasionally he squeezes the thumb for more blood.
    Master ... master ... your slave awaits... a wolf's brain have I not earned, master?
    The end result has an impressionistic feel ... but the piece is no less disturbing than the medium; wolves feasting upon a corpse.
    When will it be my turn to feed?

He slips inside the room, and is not seen coming out.
    They are coming...
    Last edited by Helgraf; 2007-09-28 at 01:42 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Firbolg in the Playground

It is two in the morning when the giddy ball ends. Tired and unusually plae Clara retires to bed, shadowed by her maid Moira. As they her bedchamaber Clara notices the humid warmth of the room and says, "Moira, open the window casings. This room is stifling." Silent Moira opens the windows wide and proceeds to help her mistress change for bed. While at her toilet* Clara notices the pale accusatory scars on her shoulders and neck. "Don't y'be worryin' Ma'am; a fair bit o' make-up 'll sort tha' out sooon 'nough. You shouldn' 'a' been out hunting. What if the paocher had got y', not just the hound."
    "Don't forget Moira, it's a secret and I'll keep yours."
    "Yes'm."
    Clara retires to bed; exhausted.

*toilet: A posh way of saying applying/removing makeup, brushing hair and the like.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

14. - Top - End - #74

OldWizardGuy

The remains of Pwenet give violent indigestion to the wolves.
    My DM Reputation
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspectre
    I'm good at making you fear the unknown. Pwenet is good at making you fear the known, which had been the unknown five minutes before he pushed you off screaming into the abyss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    I'm feeling this real hard now.
    Curse you, Pwenet. Curse you.... You had my hopes up there...

15. - Top - End - #75

Decken stumbles up to the body.

"I tole em, I tole em! Them 'n their big weasel!"

He rifles through Pwnet's things, but, finding nothing, simply takes his boots.
    I WILL round this Cape, even if I have to keep sailing until doomsday!
    Engaged in A Spat with Jibar.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Decken by Ceika
    Spoiler
    Show
    Devil Lord-to-be and proud member of the Baatezu Lovers club!

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Zeratul walks up to CurlyKitGirl having noticed the mark on her neck "You don't want to hide such scars girl. Eat this garlic, now, we couldn't deal with someone turning." He hands her a bulb of garlic, then hands a small package to her, "Chocolate for the child, mayby it'll soften her fears."
    Alexi Laiho Avatar by Mr._Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Sephiroth and Arthuai
    [CENTER]Sepiroth avatars by Ink
    Arthuai by Mr_Saturn
    Alexi Laiho by Mr_Saturn

I have a metal blog thing now, check it out

Quote Originally Posted by D'anna Biers View Post
    MOTHER NATURE IS LIKE A REAL MOTHER. IN THAT SHE SECRETELY HATES YOU AND NEVER LETS YOU GO OUT WITH YOUR HOODLUM FRIENDS.
    You can't kill the metal, metal will live on! \m/

17. - Top - End - #77
    Banned

((Only a few hours left and we're missing quite a few PMs fromm players.
    We were considering extending the daytime (if needs be) even before this became an issue. The final decision rests with Renfeild Helgraf, as he handles the dusk scenes so far.))

18. - Top - End - #78

(( Zeratul, sheesh man, you just barge into people's houses? I'm surprised you haven't been arrested. ))
    -Vonriel

"DEMONS RUN WHEN A GOOD MAN GOES TO WAR."

19. - Top - End - #79

Though day broke, you would never know it here. Sunlight failed to penetrate these windows, failed to break through the clouds that roiled thick and black overhead. And while many fearful villagers slept, others plotted into the night, each for their own reasons.

The madman Renfield crept through the castle, startling in alarm at the slightest hint of fog, at the faintest sound. He moved from room to room. One was too quiet. Another echoed with the scratching of futile ambitions. This one spoke too much of despair. Finally he found one where the door seemed to sing to him of freedom and loss. Feeling something of a kinship with such a door, he produced a tiny bit of bone, oddly serrated at one end, inserting it into the lock and opening it with a sharp twist of the wrist. He slid into the room, peered about.

Watching the occupant who resting fitfully, his head tilted to one side in sympathy for another denied the oblivion and escape of dreams. He reached into his outfit, removing an object and quietly setting it down at the foot of the bed. He reached out, a clammy hand touching the forehead of the guest, who startled ... eyes flaring open.

A finger pressed to that mouth before it could scream, and he did ... something. A panel in the wall opened, and he slipped through, his last gesture one of finger to lips as the wall sealed again, with no trace or clue as to its operation.

Ahh, but the villagers who plotted, they were not alone ... red eyes opened deep within a hidden chamber, and elsewhere about the castle. Rising to feed on the many cattle that had been brought to their table. Enough, for now, to keep their strength and vitality. To kill all present would be like drinking the whole of several bottles of wine simply because you had them available. It was ... wasteful. A taste here, a taste there. Finally, a vintage was selected, and one of their number went forth to bottle it for them...

In the chambers given him Eldritch Knight goes over the information he has gathered. He checked and double checked his notes and his gear. There were, as ever, preparations to be made.

He failed to notice the faint wisps of fog that seeped in through the top of the window, slowly sliding across the floor of his chamber. When the candle he worked by flickered, he peered at it in annoyance. It was only the tiny hand mirror that warned him ... just exactly too late. Fangs took the back of his neck and bit down, crunching through sinew, muscle and bone. The pain was intense, but very quickly over. His body was taken and carefully laid out on the bed, his arms crossed at the wrists and bound with rose vines. The mirror was shattered, the broken glass shoved under the fingernails of the corpse. As quietly as it had come, his attacker left, a pale white mist in the evening that joined the mists below.

Outside, the soft click-click-click of hard-heeled boots on stone. A figure takes a slow walk outside. It does not take long to find the mangled remains of the wolves' third victim.

Poor Soul... the stranger thought quietly, He didnt survive that long. He pulls out a book from beneath his long coat; an ancient book, riddled with dust and moldy secrets of life and death.

Reading from the dread tome, the figure anoited the body with the appropriate oils and spoke the incantations. Sewing the man back together was the most difficult part of the task; the wolves had been quite vicious in their assault, and the figure had to cheat a little to make up for some ... missing parts. As the incantation reached its cresendo, the air, already cool, grew absolutely frigid and the Gate swung in reverse. The essence of a man tore free of the howling masses beyond and leapt into the corpse, which began to thrash with great vigor but little control, like a seizure victim. This stopped when the body, exhausted of its energy, fell into a catatonic slumber. The necromancer, for such was its manner, nodded. The dead man would recover at dusk. For now, the necromancer picked up the living but comatose body and carried it back into the manor.

Summary
    Eldritch Knight was killed in the night
    Renfield haunted the castle like a mentally unsettled stalker
    Pwenet was resurrected by the necromancer

Night 2 begins and will end in 48 hours
    Last edited by Helgraf; 2007-09-29 at 06:34 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80

OldWizardGuy

Gasping with breath, Pwenets eyes rip open, wide-eyed and bloodshot, his mouth opening in a silent scream, with only a whisper of air running through his throat, until he exhales. Flashing his eyes around, he turns to looks at his hands, hands now covered with thick scars. Wondering what has happened to him, he pulls himself off his bed, his body feeling different, stiff, and awkward. Making his way to the nearby window, he opens it up and looks down at the courtyard, and sees, and remembers!

FLASH

Arriving at the ball, something someone of his status was not used to being invited to.

FLASH

Partaking a little too much in the fine drink.

FLASH

He was trying to defend the honor of a lady from lies and slander.

FLASH

BETRAYAL!

EXILE!

DEATH!

FLASH

Being grabbed by Vurrmeester, Castaras and Freshmeat, screaming for mercy, wondering why they were trying to kill him. Struggling against them as they shoved him through the door, and then sealed it shut.

FLASH

Feeling the warmth of the fresh sunlight washing over his face, like a lovers kiss after a night of passion.

FLASH

Pain!

AGONY!

The sheer horror of being torn apart by the wolves, as they fought with themselves for scraps of him, tearing off pieces as he screamed in agony, with the screams ending when one of the wolves tore out his throat.

His vision faded, rapidly becoming red and dark, especially when one of his eyes was gouged out, then at last, merciful peace.

FLASH

Then came the sensation of being torn from his place of rest, of peace and happiness, back into a shell that was cold, stiff, and used. Seizing wildly, he soon faded back into unconsciousness.

Opening his eyes, Pwenet feels a single tear coming from the one eye that was not torn out when he was killed. Wiping it off with a heavily scarred hand, which he barely recognized as his own, the eye narrows in hatred, pain, vengeance!

With newfound strength of purpose that fueled his body, he exited his room and stormed towards the other guest rooms. Passing by a ceremonial sword rack, he grabs one of the swords from it, ripping the rack apart in the process and storms to the room of the first one to have led to his death Vuurmeester, before screaming with his powerful lungs.

”VURRMEESTER! MY NAME IS PWENET MORGAN! YOU KILLED ME! PREPARE TO DIE!!!”

He slams one of his scarred hands against the door to Vurrmeesters door, cracking the wood with the raw strength, fueled by the memories of his horrific death.

”As for the REST OF YOU! Vastaras, Freshmeat, Eldritch Knight, Andre Fairchilde, ZombieRockStar, Jontom Xire, Pingcode20 and finally, Zar Peter! You times will soon come!”
    Last edited by Pwenet; 2007-09-29 at 09:32 AM.
    My DM Reputation
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm good at making you fear the unknown. Pwenet is good at making you fear the known, which had been the unknown five minutes before he pushed you off screaming into the abyss.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

Ichneumon watched the others. Some moarn the dead, others celebrate it. It makes him sick.
    Last edited by Ichneumon; 2007-09-29 at 02:59 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

Swearing revenge on the Dead is a poor idea, Pwenet, as you know not what may come of such a rash vow..

23. - Top - End - #83
    Halfling in the Playground

Uh yeah, like we may all decide to lynch you AGAIN just to protect ourselves :)
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

24. - Top - End - #84

OldWizardGuy

As he bangs against the door of Vuurmeester, Pwenet looks over at the others who he has awaken, and catches glimpse of a mirror.

What looks back is a horrific sight. A eye that is clearly not the one he was born with. Scar tissue covering his face, a nose that is misshapen and twisted, lips that are uneven, hair that has gone gray if not gone. Seeing the ruined features of his face, Pwenet collapses to the ground, and starts to cry.

"By the lord, what has happened to me?"

As he cries, he thinks about his rash statement, and he sniffles loudly, running a torn sleeve over his nose.

"Mayhap you all are right. My mind, is not my own right now, filled with rage and despair it is. Those that killed me, have acted out of fear. And while I have been punished for their transgressions, now may be the time to let cooler heads prevail."

Looking at the damaged door, Pwenet pulls himself up and wanders towards the bar rack. Grabbing a bottle of fine whiskey, he pours himself a glass and swallows it quickly.

((Retracts the point made against Vuurmeester.))
    Last edited by Pwenet; 2007-09-29 at 09:35 AM.
    My DM Reputation
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #85
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Haruki-kun walks into the room.

Don't let your guard down just yet. There is still evil loose.

26. - Top - End - #86

A man clad in priest robes enters. "I must apologize for my extended absence, I had duties to attend to. Is there anything I can assist with?"
    Last edited by PirateMonk; 2007-09-29 at 04:00 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Do you surmise it's wise to have laser beams emitting from your eyes?
    -They Might Be Giants, "The Lady and the Tiger"

27. - Top - End - #87

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

Having been convinced, given circumstances, that journeying through the night to his mechanical garage might not be such a good idea, Fullbladder had stayed long enough in the current manor to hear the commotion, and just now enters the room.

"Good lord, man!"

He hastily turns and looks away, so as to regain his mental bearings after this initial shock.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Pwenet, you are now an Abomination! Only a man with a horrible, evil lifestyle can resurrect on his own as a revenant. Therefore there MUST be a Necromancer at work in this village. I cannot rest until this evil is excised from this village!

NOBODY expects the Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise."

Goes off to set fire to some homes and a tavern.

Post idea stolen in broad daylight from Curly's character idea for WW Classic V. Thanks Curly!
    Last edited by Andre Fairchilde; 2007-09-29 at 01:08 PM.
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Fairchilde View Post

NOBODY expects the Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise."
    I love that episode....

Ichneumon watches the rest and offers everybody a glass of... wine...
    Last edited by Ichneumon; 2007-09-29 at 01:06 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Firbolg in the Playground

Returning from a fox hunt Lady Clara trots past Godalming Manor and sees a frightful state of affairs. "Oh my. What a strange spectacle. And what is that man talking about? The inquisition? What a peculiar man." Waving on the rest of the party she trots over to Andre. "What are you talking about sir?" She leans over in her saddle.

((indicates ZRS OOC))

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!