The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 564
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Thanqol's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009

    Default Re: [Masks IC] Resurrection Roundabout: Drawing Individuals

    Locker: ...
    Angel-IKA: ...
    Dominus: ...
    Ferraphim1tp: o.o
    Bode: ...
    Locker: oh good she stopped
    Dominus: THANK F*CK
    Angel-IKA: AAAAH! What the hell was that!!?!??!?!
    Ferraphim1tp: I can see why she doesn't stream ><
    Dominus: I'VE HEARD IT SAID THAT THE SHOGUN IS JUST A SUPERVILLAIN WHO WON, BUT JESUS
    Locker: i've heard it said that shes a refugee from the anime dimension and not the classy kind of anime

    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    "With respect Miss, with the Limited Rain Shield down this location is poorly suited to someone of your, um," don't look down don't look down don't look down don't say it don't, "Stature."

    Crap. Errant clears her throat. Keep going and she won't notice. Keep going and she won't --
    She. Notices.

    Her eyes narrow. Lightning cracks overhead. You get a good look at that red-eyed demon stare that just caused a platoon of megagoons to turn tail and run. The soaked hair clinging to her face changes from pathetic to deranged. Her voice is sweeter than flypaper. "I'm sorry," she said. "I must have misheard you. For a moment there I thought you'd" committed suicide "said something about -"

    Abruptly the rain stopped falling on the Shogun. She blinked and the spell was gone.

    "Special Agent Buddy at your service ma'am!" yelled Special Agent Buddy at the top of his lungs through his big dumb smile, holding a bright yellow umbrella over the Shogun's head. "Oh boy oh howdy, it sure is good to see you!"

    At the same time the rain stopped over Errant and @Saraphim - partially. You don't both fit under the one umbrella. "Special Agent Bargain at your service ma'ams!" yelled Special Agent Bargain. Much like Special Agent Buddy he was decked out in cheap suit and aviator sunglasses but you could tell him apart because his lapel had about a dozen of those I-supported-a-charity pins. "Oh boy oh howdy Command has a lot to say about today's events!"

    "Mostly good!" said Special Agent Buddy. He was using his outside voice for this but you're not sure you're, uh, that outside.

    "Some room for improvement!" said Special Agent Bargain.

    "Something for a formal debrief!" said Special Agent Buddy.

    "Lots of paperwork!" said Special Agent Bargain.

    "Fine," snapped the Shogun. "I get it. But you -" you've been held at gunpoint before and it didn't feel half as scary as it feels when she makes a little finger gun gesture at you. Probably some sort of actual fear control. Hopefully that. "- later."

    Then she flies away. No warning, just, whoop she's up into the rain and gone. You're left to catch your breath. Special Agent Buddy comes over with his umbrella.

    "High five!" says Special Agent Buddy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Nnnnnope. Nope, nosirree, not interested, donezo, out, gone, fleeing the scene, were never here. He's pulling a Joseph and getting the hell out of Potiphar's bed, because if there's something he wants, the thought of Comstar's exhibitionism is not it.

    No, this is what's going to happen. He's going to march down to where Ferra and Comstar--No, that's not what's going to happen, because that involves awkward questions and also being in the same room as Comstar, which means that his ears probably burn off his head from blushing. What he wants is to go back to the van, and strip as much tech as possible out of it, gear up on electronics, and see if he can't build a signal blocker. He has to talk to Prometheus, figure out what the hell he wants, and he's sure as hell not going to do that when Prometheus can get him back on the ground and writhing with a thought.
    So the van's wrecked. No go there. But Errant has very unprofessionally left Comstar's pile of gadgets lying here on the floor and that's the kind of thing you can use.

    But going through another genius' tech is always a bit of a roll of the dice. I mean, imagine if she went through your pockets and started trying out your gadgets - it is fair to say there'd be just as many unpleasant surprises as there'd be pleasant ones. Can you out-think Comstar? Unleash your powers to find out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    She quirks her head to the side as she receives the message. "We must cut our game short, unfortunately. Do you have a last question for me, before we meet yet another celebrity it seems?" She'd accessed Dr. Gears' notes on The Shogun. He did not get along with The Shogun.
    "Hmmmmm?" Comstar murmured, snapping out of her daydream. "Oh, of course. Which is your favourite member of @Sarahphim's chat and why?"
    Some stories are to tell. Some stories are to keep.

  2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PhoeKun's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Up in the mountains
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Masks IC] Resurrection Roundabout: Drawing Individuals

    Whatever else you might be inclined to call Errant, you had to give her that she was brave. She'll dive into a burning building without a second thought. Her first instinct when she sees a grenade is to cover it and protect others from the blast. She's stood against the forces of the Mad King of Mars, alone, to buy time for her friends. So it ought to tell you a lot when her legs, her cybernetic legs mind you, turn to jelly and she falls backwards onto the wet ground. She fumbles with her combead.

    "Never, uh, never... Um. Never mind, yeah." Her voice shakes, "I mean! Please still come, but. Um. She's already gone. I screwed up. I... think I might be dead. O-over."

    Errant's chest feels tight. She looks helplessly around her. Who are these people? Does she know them? Why is that guy holding out his hand? She heaves a very ragged sigh.

    "I'm pretty sure this is the worst day of my life."
    Last edited by PhoeKun; 2019-03-23 at 12:36 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Eldest's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Someplace Nice
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Masks IC] Resurrection Roundabout: Drawing Individuals

    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    "Hmmmmm?" Comstar murmured, snapping out of her daydream. "Oh, of course. Which is your favourite member of @Sarahphim's chat and why?"
    Her voice goes flat as she thinks, balancing a dozen different variables. "I appreciate Dominus's presence the most. They have found a way, small though it is, to work constructively towards a better society, and though they are a villain, their intent is for an improved tomorrow. Running through a quick history, it seems that casualties from their actions appear to be minimal, though property destruction is rather prolific in their profile." She pauses a moment, and tone comes back. "I think I would get along best with Locker though. He is calm, thoughtful, and able to analyze things thoroughly, quickly."
    LGBTA+itP

  4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Raz_Fox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Imladris
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Masks IC] Resurrection Roundabout: Drawing Individuals

    @SARAHPHIM lets the camera track the Shogun as she vanishes off into the night. “Wow,” she says, loud enough for everyone within arm’s reach to hear. “And here I thought I was a bitch.”

    She shakes her head, and doesn’t offer Errant an arm up- like, the AEGIS goons are here, they can handle it. She will hook her arm around Errant’s elbow at the first available opportunity, though.

    “Right. So. Minus one tiny diva, plus two suits. You want donuts or what, Boofus and Bofa?” BOFA DEEZ SPECIAL AGENTS are probably not paid enough for this.
    freedom in the flame

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

  5. - Top - End - #125
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Balmas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Middle-o'-Nowhere, Idaho
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Masks IC] Resurrection Roundabout: Drawing Individuals

    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Errant frowns and very nearly swallows her tongue, but does eventually nod and brings a finger up to her ear.

    "Ferra... Brainstorm, be advised: @Sarahphim and I are currently being questioned by The Shogun," she takes a deep breath before continuing, "If you can, please rendezvous with us and bring B-- um, Comstar. Thank you. Coordinates follow..."
    Oh, NOW she's Comstar, he very sourly does not say. "Acknowledged," he bites out. "Will report in when possible." Let her stew on that. Military efficiency, she ought to like that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    So the van's wrecked. No go there. But Errant has very unprofessionally left Comstar's pile of gadgets lying here on the floor and that's the kind of thing you can use.

    But going through another genius' tech is always a bit of a roll of the dice. I mean, imagine if she went through your pockets and started trying out your gadgets - it is fair to say there'd be just as many unpleasant surprises as there'd be pleasant ones. Can you out-think Comstar? Unleash your powers to find out.
    Please. You're talking about a girl with an exhibitionism kink going up against friggin' Brainstorm. Technology has been my bitch since before I could walk.

    (Seriously. Mami still brags/teases about the Washing incident. Have her tell you about it sometime.)
    Last edited by Balmas; 2019-03-24 at 10:47 PM.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

  6. - Top - End - #126
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Thanqol's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009

    Default Re: [Masks IC] Resurrection Roundabout: Drawing Individuals

    Locker: wtf errant
    Angel-IKA: What?
    Locker: shes leaving him hanging.
    Angel-IKA: So what?
    Locker: you don't leave a bro hanging, ange. you jsut don't.
    Angel-IKA: She's having the worst day of her life! She just said!
    Locker: im sorry i don't make the rules. left a man hanging. plus five renegade points.

    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Whatever else you might be inclined to call Errant, you had to give her that she was brave. She'll dive into a burning building without a second thought. Her first instinct when she sees a grenade is to cover it and protect others from the blast. She's stood against the forces of the Mad King of Mars, alone, to buy time for her friends. So it ought to tell you a lot when her legs, her cybernetic legs mind you, turn to jelly and she falls backwards onto the wet ground. She fumbles with her combead.

    "Never, uh, never... Um. Never mind, yeah." Her voice shakes, "I mean! Please still come, but. Um. She's already gone. I screwed up. I... think I might be dead. O-over."

    Errant's chest feels tight. She looks helplessly around her. Who are these people? Does she know them? Why is that guy holding out his hand? She heaves a very ragged sigh.

    "I'm pretty sure this is the worst day of my life."
    Special Agent Buddy holds for a second, then reaches down to help Errant up in a friendly way. "Oh, don't worry there, sport!" he said indefatigably. "Turn that frown upside down! You're relieved of duty for the day, it's time to relax!"
    "Just mop up from here," said Special Agent Bargain. "We've got it. We've got you."
    "Put your feet up!"
    "Have an umbrella!" You are provided with an umbrella.
    "Have a chocolate milk!" You are provided with a chocolate milk.
    "Have a ride on a G-458 Urban Stealth Assault Transport!" You are provided with a G-458 Urban Stealth Assault Transport.
    "Don't just have a ride, have a drive!" You are provided with the keys to a G-458 Urban Stealth Assault Transport.
    "Have fun! But not too much fun." You are provided with one (1) fun ration, standard size.

    The G-458 is a sleek, predatory grey and blue hovercopter currently parked in a carefully camouflaged position near the park. You haven't gotten to take the wheel for one of those outside of simulators before now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    @SARAHPHIM lets the camera track the Shogun as she vanishes off into the night. “Wow,” she says, loud enough for everyone within arm’s reach to hear. “And here I thought I was a bitch.”

    She shakes her head, and doesn’t offer Errant an arm up- like, the AEGIS goons are here, they can handle it. She will hook her arm around Errant’s elbow at the first available opportunity, though.

    “Right. So. Minus one tiny diva, plus two suits. You want donuts or what, Boofus and Bofa?” BOFA DEEZ SPECIAL AGENTS are probably not paid enough for this.
    "We would love donuts!" said Bargain in a tone of voice that implied he was very much paid enough for this.
    "We don't think you're a bitch!" said Buddy in a tone of voice that implied that he either didn't know you very well or had very different standard for bitchiness.
    "We would also like autographs!" said Bargain brightly, offering a notebook. "For our daughter! Big fan!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    Her voice goes flat as she thinks, balancing a dozen different variables. "I appreciate Dominus's presence the most. They have found a way, small though it is, to work constructively towards a better society, and though they are a villain, their intent is for an improved tomorrow. Running through a quick history, it seems that casualties from their actions appear to be minimal, though property destruction is rather prolific in their profile." She pauses a moment, and tone comes back. "I think I would get along best with Locker though. He is calm, thoughtful, and able to analyze things thoroughly, quickly."
    "Hmm," said Comstar. "Great! Thanks for the talk, I can't wait for next time."

    You get the call and there's nothing between you and heading back to the team at the front of the bank. Comstar isn't going to give you any trouble.

    Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Please. You're talking about a girl with an exhibitionism kink going up against friggin' Brainstorm. Technology has been my bitch since before I could walk.

    (Seriously. Mami still brags/teases about the Washing incident. Have her tell you about it sometime.)
    As @Sarahphim says, it's not overconfidence if you really are that good.

    You're able to rig yourself up a signal jammer. You'll appear as a static shadow on any cameras, and it'll hold for as long as you need it. The only people who're going to complain are the stream. Clear line back to the front of the bank.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2019-03-24 at 11:20 PM.
    Some stories are to tell. Some stories are to keep.

  7. - Top - End - #127
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Balmas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Middle-o'-Nowhere, Idaho
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Masks IC] Resurrection Roundabout: Drawing Individuals

    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    As @Sarahphim says, it's not overconfidence if you really are that good.

    You're able to rig yourself up a signal jammer. You'll appear as a static shadow on any cameras, and it'll hold for as long as you need it. The only people who're going to complain are the stream. Clear line back to the front of the bank.
    ==ViJilanteReal has joined the chat==
    ViJilanteReal: My apologies. There may be a brief interruption in service.
    ViJilanteReal: Also, @Dominus: I'm sure we could come to some interesting syntheses in PMs later
    ==ViJilanteReal has left the chat==

    Victor heads to the front of the building, careful to avoid meeting anybody's gaze, and staying as far from @SARAHPHIM as possible. "The sooner we head back to base, the better," he states dully. "There are a number of important things to attend to."
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

  8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Eldest's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Someplace Nice
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Masks IC] Resurrection Roundabout: Drawing Individuals

    Ferra trudges through the rain, Comstar in tow. She gives a nod to the team, and one to each of the two agents "Special Agent Buddy, Special Agent Bargain. Hope you're doing well." And gets onto the transport, getting Comstar tucked away in a seat before sitting down herself, deep in thought.
    LGBTA+itP

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PhoeKun's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Up in the mountains
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Masks IC] Resurrection Roundabout: Drawing Individuals

    Well this is awkward. When Errant called the team back together she'd intended to look in charge of the situation and on top of things, to make up for what had happened in the bank. But there she is, wet and bedraggled, with a chocolate milk in one hand and an umbreall and one (1) @Sarahphim in the other, still looking like she'd seen a ghost. Honestly, if you had to guess who was most likely to be in control of things here, you'd probably pick Comstar before getting to Errant. She clears her throat and tries her best anyway.

    "Find me later, Victor. Or ping me and I'll find you. We should talk, but... not here."

    Why was everything so difficult today?

  10. - Top - End - #130
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Balmas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Middle-o'-Nowhere, Idaho
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Masks IC] Resurrection Roundabout: Drawing Individuals

    "Again with the orders," Victor snaps out. "But for once, I'm inclined to listen. You're damn right. We need to talk. In private. Where things should have remained. She can be taught."

    He grits his teeth, and turns away. "So who're the suits? Tweedledee, Tweedledum, what's your place in this new wonderland?"
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Thanqol's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009

    Default Re: [Masks IC] Resurrection Roundabout: Drawing Individuals

    Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    ==ViJilanteReal has joined the chat==
    ViJilanteReal: My apologies. There may be a brief interruption in service.
    ViJilanteReal: Also, @Dominus: I'm sure we could come to some interesting syntheses in PMs later
    ==ViJilanteReal has left the chat==
    Locker: thank you for the update mysterious static glitch
    Angel-IKA: I kinda hate to be the one asking this all the time, but who are these dudes?
    Locker: spooks
    Angel-IKA: Ferraphim?
    Ferraphim1tp: Hmm? -.-
    Angel-IKA: Can't you like, hack the database to find that out?
    Ferraphim1tp: Oh sure I'll just steal the identities of two people who are clearly spies and post it to a chat thread with a known supervillain :P
    Dominus: SUP
    Angel-IKA: Right sorry ><
    Locker: theyre mental health guys i think
    Bode: What's that?
    Locker: like whenever two villains meet its like
    Locker: "I deeply respect you and your vision! Let us team up to overthrow this corrupt world order!"
    Locker: and whenever two heroes meet its like
    Locker: "Your mask looks weird. LET'S FIGHT!"
    Locker: makes sense agis has dudes to try and stop that from happening

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    Ferra trudges through the rain, Comstar in tow. She gives a nod to the team, and one to each of the two agents "Special Agent Buddy, Special Agent Bargain. Hope you're doing well." And gets onto the transport, getting Comstar tucked away in a seat before sitting down herself, deep in thought.
    "Oh, we are, and it's an absolute pleasure," said Buddy, giving Ferra his umbrella. He seemed to have a stock.
    "You're looking different!" said Bargain.
    "Better different!" said Buddy.

    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Well this is awkward. When Errant called the team back together she'd intended to look in charge of the situation and on top of things, to make up for what had happened in the bank. But there she is, wet and bedraggled, with a chocolate milk in one hand and an umbreall and one (1) @Sarahphim in the other, still looking like she'd seen a ghost. Honestly, if you had to guess who was most likely to be in control of things here, you'd probably pick Comstar before getting to Errant. She clears her throat and tries her best anyway.

    "Find me later, Victor. Or ping me and I'll find you. We should talk, but... not here."

    Why was everything so difficult today?
    Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    "Again with the orders," Victor snaps out. "But for once, I'm inclined to listen. You're damn right. We need to talk. In private. Where things should have remained. She can be taught."

    He grits his teeth, and turns away. "So who're the suits? Tweedledee, Tweedledum, what's your place in this new wonderland?"
    "Special Agent Buddy!" said Special Agent Bargain, giving Victor an umbrella.
    "That's me!" said Special Agent Buddy. "He's Special Agent Bargain."
    "We're here from AEGIS to run cleanup and consolidation, don't mind us," said Bargain.
    "What you should mind is this coupon for a free spa day! Massages for miles!" said Buddy.
    "Maybe give it a shot before making any big decisions," said Bargain.
    Some stories are to tell. Some stories are to keep.

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Raz_Fox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Imladris
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Masks IC] Resurrection Roundabout: Drawing Individuals

    And there’s Victor, which means that all Sara’s decisions were the right ones and she is the best at making choices forever. He gets a neon thumbs up floating in the air in approval.

    Incidentally, when @SARAHPHIM provides a signature, it’s seared several layers deep into the notepad, and with more flourishes than a gothic cathedral. The notepad is handed back smokin’.
    freedom in the flame

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

  13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Eldest's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Someplace Nice
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Masks IC] Resurrection Roundabout: Drawing Individuals

    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    "Oh, we are, and it's an absolute pleasure," said Buddy, giving Ferra his umbrella. He seemed to have a stock.
    "You're looking different!" said Bargain.
    "Better different!" said Buddy.
    She does not comment, but nods apreciatively as she takes the umbrella and opens it, holding it overhead as she goes onto the plane and sits. Not super useful, but she doesn't exactly rust or need to not be rained on, so clearly it was what they were trying to do?
    LGBTA+itP

  14. - Top - End - #134
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PhoeKun's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Up in the mountains
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Masks IC] Resurrection Roundabout: Drawing Individuals

    Why yes, Errant, he is still mad. Why are you surprised? You're an idiot if you thought he was going to be mollified by you not immediate tearing into him again. But would it kill him to look even slightly ashamed? She makes a motion as if to pinch the bridge of her nose, but it's thwarted by the chocolate milk. She frowns.

    "...Thanks for the assist today, Agents. We'll be out of your hair in just a moment. I'll put myself on Off Duty status as soon as I return, per your orders. Victor if you'll kindly board the aircraft I promise I'll find a quiet spot for you to yell at me until your voice gives out, just as soon we've gotten B--" god damn it this is hard, "Comstar through processing. Though you may want to hurry, there's quite likely to be a line."

    A G-458 huh? Errant tries very hard not to get excited. She's not sure she's succeeding.

  15. - Top - End - #135
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Balmas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Middle-o'-Nowhere, Idaho
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Masks IC] Resurrection Roundabout: Drawing Individuals

    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    "Special Agent Buddy!" said Special Agent Bargain, giving Victor an umbrella.
    "That's me!" said Special Agent Buddy. "He's Special Agent Bargain."
    "We're here from AEGIS to run cleanup and consolidation, don't mind us," said Bargain.
    "What you should mind is this coupon for a free spa day! Massages for miles!" said Buddy.
    "Maybe give it a shot before making any big decisions," said Bargain.
    Wordlessly, Victor folds the umbrella, drops the coupon, and spears the bit of paper into the mud. Then he turns, and stomps towards the jet, leaving the umbrella quivering in the turf.

    Try to buy him with an umbrella, will they? Spa day? Hah! Not like that'd do him any good, not unless they give excessively good scalp massages. The headache's already starting--hopefully there's something he can take apart in the helicopter, because his hands need to be doing something right now.

    He stops on the brink of entering the aircraft, and pauses to scan the interior. He'd not put it past Aegis to have some kind of nasty surprise in waiting, and he'll be damned if he's rendered useless helpless twice in one day.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Thanqol's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009

    Default Re: [Masks IC] Resurrection Roundabout: Drawing Individuals

    Locker: hey fferramfimtifjkf are you ok
    Ferraphim1tp: What do you mean?
    Locker: you seem tilted
    Ferraphim1tp: I - yeah, I kind of am .-. I don't really know where I'm at emotionally.
    Angel-IKA: Do you want to talk about it?
    Ferraphim1tp: Uhm. I don't know. I don't know what I could even say. :T
    Bode: Perhaps you should step away from the stream for a little bit. Eat a sandwich, take care of yourself.
    Locker: agent buddy alt account spotted
    Ferraphim1tp: That's actually good advice Bode. I think I'll do that.
    Angel-IKA: Let us know if you need anything.
    Ferraphim1tp: Thanks Angelica :)
    ==Ferraphim1tp has left the chat==

    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    And there’s Victor, which means that all Sara’s decisions were the right ones and she is the best at making choices forever. He gets a neon thumbs up floating in the air in approval.

    Incidentally, when @SARAHPHIM provides a signature, it’s seared several layers deep into the notepad, and with more flourishes than a gothic cathedral. The notepad is handed back smokin’.
    "Legendary," said Buddy.
    "She signed dozen pages all at once," said Bargain.
    "That's value," said Buddy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Wordlessly, Victor folds the umbrella, drops the coupon, and spears the bit of paper into the mud. Then he turns, and stomps towards the jet, leaving the umbrella quivering in the turf.

    Try to buy him with an umbrella, will they? Spa day? Hah! Not like that'd do him any good, not unless they give excessively good scalp massages. The headache's already starting--hopefully there's something he can take apart in the helicopter, because his hands need to be doing something right now.

    He stops on the brink of entering the aircraft, and pauses to scan the interior. He'd not put it past Aegis to have some kind of nasty surprise in waiting, and he'll be damned if he's rendered useless helpless twice in one day.
    No weird surprises. Not sure what you'd be expecting.

    Agent Buddy and Bargain stand side by side, smiles perfectly matching, waving at you as you pile onto the dropship. Then the doors close and you're into the air.

    The interior is actually pretty roomy. Separate prisoner compartment with an isolation field, comfortable chairs, sleeping tubes, fruit bowl. Corporate welcoming. It's space-capable so the fittings are nice enough that a team of people can make a long haul Luna or Martian trip without going crazy.
    Some stories are to tell. Some stories are to keep.

  17. - Top - End - #137
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Balmas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Middle-o'-Nowhere, Idaho
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Masks IC] Resurrection Roundabout: Drawing Individuals

    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    No weird surprises. Not sure what you'd be expecting.

    Agent Buddy and Bargain stand side by side, smiles perfectly matching, waving at you as you pile onto the dropship. Then the doors close and you're into the air.

    The interior is actually pretty roomy. Separate prisoner compartment with an isolation field, comfortable chairs, sleeping tubes, fruit bowl. Corporate welcoming. It's space-capable so the fittings are nice enough that a team of people can make a long haul Luna or Martian trip without going crazy.
    Look, Aegis is a megacorp. They care only for what they can get out of any given situation. The only difference between Blacksun and Aegis is Aegis has better PR. If they know Victor's compromised, and if they think they can get away with it, it's a matter of if and not when they come.

    Victor's fingers clench and unclench like he's massaging an invisible stress ball as he sits down next to Ferra. "Okay. So... New look. Are you alright? Did you know you could do this?"
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

  18. - Top - End - #138
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Eldest's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Someplace Nice
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Masks IC] Resurrection Roundabout: Drawing Individuals

    Ferra looks up, refocuses from her thousand yard stare. "My telemetry reports that I am perfectly functional. And I was not aware of this capability, no."
    LGBTA+itP

  19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PhoeKun's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Up in the mountains
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Masks IC] Resurrection Roundabout: Drawing Individuals

    Part of being a good commander is knowing when to keep your mouth shut. There's a delay before she sits down at the controls. Errant stands there looking over her shoulder and waiting for something. A quiet nod, a frustrated grunt, a middle finger, some kind of taunt. There's nothing. Even Comstar's gone mouse quiet. Errant closes her eyes, takes a deep breath, and sits down.

    Of course, she's got a reason to be flustered apart from a lack of validation: was this really ok? The G-458 Urban Stealth Assault Transport is an impossibly sophisticated piece of equipment that costs so much money to build that even @Sarahphim would flinch. It has 337 separate VR training scenarios pilots are required to complete at an A Ranking or higher before they're allowed control of one in non-combat missions. Errant has satisfactorily completed 330 of them. She's asked to fly one before, begged even. The closest to positive response she'd ever gotten was JuneBird laughing in her face. So how much extra trouble was this going to get her in? She didn't cite regulations to the cleanup crew because... let's face it, you don't do that to them. Even The Shogun just flew away rather than arguing. Which was another --

    Well, whatever. Another part of being a good commander is taking things as they come. One thing at a time, then. And step one was flying this thing back to the Athena building without crashing it. She takes another deep breath and sits down. In a groundcraft she'd be tempted to put on music, but studies indicated the boost to road awareness didn't apply to the extra planes of awareness you needed when you flew. So she flies in silence. But keeps her ears open so as not to miss a single detail that passes along the rest of her team.

  20. - Top - End - #140
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Balmas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Middle-o'-Nowhere, Idaho
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Masks IC] Resurrection Roundabout: Drawing Individuals

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    Ferra looks up, refocuses from her thousand yard stare. "My telemetry reports that I am perfectly functional. And I was not aware of this capability, no."
    "Whoof. Okay. So, that's unexpected, and new. And sometimes scary. Do you know what it involves?" No, no, don't jump straight to investigation even if the thought is just tearing at him. "Are you holding up alright? How do you feel about the new... equipment?"
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

  21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Eldest's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Someplace Nice
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Masks IC] Resurrection Roundabout: Drawing Individuals

    Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    "Whoof. Okay. So, that's unexpected, and new. And sometimes scary. Do you know what it involves?" No, no, don't jump straight to investigation even if the thought is just tearing at him. "Are you holding up alright? How do you feel about the new... equipment?"
    She ignores, for once, the obvious question, looking over her body instead of focusing on the sonic emitters. "It is an interesting change. My body has been modified to be, well, personable instead of efficient. It is interesting and... pretty." She pauses. "I enjoy being pretty. I was not designed to care about being pretty. I am not sure how it helps my task."
    LGBTA+itP

  22. - Top - End - #142
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Thanqol's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009

    Default Re: [Masks IC] Resurrection Roundabout: Drawing Individuals

    Angel-IKA: So that's it? Stream's over?
    Dominus: If you're only watching it for the action maybe.
    Angel-IKA: AAAA! You found your shift key :P
    Dominus: I WILL CRUSH YOU.
    Bode: She raises a good question. Why the allcaps, Dominus?
    Dominus: I use a speech recognition program to do most of my typing because I'm on the move. It's a piece of crap and can't do case shifts, so I had to choose all uppercase or all lowercase - and Locker's already got the lowercase setting.
    Locker: yo
    Angel-IKA: Why on earth would you use something that ancient?
    Locker: its the only text to speech softare on the market that dosnt run your voice through aegiss database
    Angel-IKA: Then, uh, why so many spelling errors in your speech?
    Dominus: He doesn't actually use it, he is just a maggot who can't type properly.
    Locker: nyou-n.
    Dominus: Anyway, the gunfight is over but that's only news for the casuals.
    Locker: and ppl who don't crush on sarahfim
    Dominus: Shut up
    Locker: make me
    Bode: Speaking of, while the stream is spiking down right now, Locker was right about @Sarahphim co-opting Comstar's viewercount. New record viewership, by a lot.
    Dominus: Imagine what a garbage fire the general chat is going to be.
    Angel-IKA: Oh no! General is going to get invaded by villain fans! We need to save them!
    Locker: whut
    Angel-IKA: It's happened a few times, there's this big flood of people named MegaDeathKill and SSJ2Rick and garbage who show up to invade @Sarahphim's chat after she takes down a popular villain! It's terrible!
    Locker: so
    Angel-IKA: And - and we should stop them
    Angel-IKA: Ok this is dumb I'm dumb
    Angel-IKA: sorry
    Dominus: You wanted us to log into general so we could counterflame chat trolls?
    Angel-IKA: >< Maybe Ferraphim could have done something.
    Locker: ferraphim would just be freakign out at ferra beimg rtf
    Dominus: Speaking of, why aren't we freaking out?
    Locker: um because its the year 2094 and society accepts that kind of thing dominus
    Dominus: Shut up
    Locker: make me
    Dominus: I meant about the full on dimensional incident that Ferra just caused.
    Locker: why bther the only one who knows how that works is bode and he's being mysterious
    Bode: It isn't so mysterious.
    Locker: what special forces waa sit where they taught you how tsd reckognize the specifics of what happens when an ai regenerates using dimensional magic
    Bode: I was simply able to draw data from the first incident and compare it to the second.
    Angel-IKA: Wait what?
    Locker: haha gotcha
    Angel-IKA: Two incidents?
    Dominus: Don't bother asking. He always clams up whenever Locker tricks something out of him.
    Angel-IKA: What? Two incidents? How'd he know that?
    Dominus: He's clairvoyant or an AI or something. He knows everything that's going on and awkwardly has to pretend he only knows what everyone else knows.
    Locker: she slips up a lot when she tries to explain her reasoning. shes not very smart.
    Dominus: Anyway, we've got the pet supergenius on the case so we should tune in. Maybe we'll learn something.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2019-04-03 at 11:03 PM.
    Some stories are to tell. Some stories are to keep.

  23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PhoeKun's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Up in the mountains
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Masks IC] Resurrection Roundabout: Drawing Individuals

    Errant watches the towering megastructures of Neo Halcyon pass under and around her on her monitors. This is how the whole city looks from above: towers stand in all manner of shapes wrap themselves in colorful glass and AR displays, and cast their massive shadows over the stately and downright ancient remains of the old city. Here and there would be some pop-up stand or something catering to the less legal or the less wealthy, but Errant and team were flying much too high for those to show up right now. There really wasn't any sense of inertia, or much of anything to separate the experience from running a VR session. Even the sound of the rain was fully filtered out. But somehow it still felt so much more... real. That'd be an interesting question to pose to Ferra sometime. Especially this new look-model that talks about feeling pretty. Who isn't wrong about it, either. Ahem. How long was this flight again?

    ==ErrantOfficial has joined the chat==

    ErrantOfficial: There is surprisingly little for me to do up here. But my brain needs something to keep it occupied.
    ErrantOfficial: So against my better judgment, I am commandeering this chat to run a 10 minute AMA.
    ErrantOfficial: Sorry Sara.
    ErrantOfficial: I will not, of course, be releasing any classified information. So it's not really. But you know what I mean.

  24. - Top - End - #144
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Thanqol's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009

    Default Re: [Masks IC] Resurrection Roundabout: Drawing Individuals

    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ==ErrantOfficial has joined the chat==

    ErrantOfficial: There is surprisingly little for me to do up here. But my brain needs something to keep it occupied.
    ErrantOfficial: So against my better judgment, I am commandeering this chat to run a 10 minute AMA.
    ErrantOfficial: Sorry Sara.
    ErrantOfficial: I will not, of course, be releasing any classified information. So it's not really. But you know what I mean.
    Angel-IKA: OMG erally ive got a list
    Locker: sup errant
    Bode: Hello. I would firstly like to thank you for your service to the city today. Please know that even if the situation as presented is emotionally taxing your loyal fans stand behind you all the way. I believe I speak for all of us when I say that you are our hero. Now, my question: What was your assessment of BlackSun Agent Maria's combat style? Do you believe that elements of it can be adapted to your own fighting style?
    Angel-IKA: was your nickname really Eunacorn?
    Dominus: jfc
    Locker: how big a meltdown ar yuo havign about not being technically qualified to fly this ship? scale of 1 to 10
    Dominus: You people are parodies of yourselves.
    Angel-IKA: No we're not! ><;;;
    Locker: i kinda am
    Dominus: Shut up. Firstly, Ferra told us to move your ID pass. Secondly, what are you hoping is different about Comstar2 from Comstar1 when you inevitably cross paths?
    Angel-IKA: did you really quote Duelist in the Rose Garden back there?
    Some stories are to tell. Some stories are to keep.

  25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Raz_Fox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Imladris
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Masks IC] Resurrection Roundabout: Drawing Individuals

    That rattling sound is the tub of watermelon-flavored breath mints Sara's bouncing from hand to hand, one already crunching between her teeth. She flops down next to Victor with artful, practiced nonchalance, and drapes one arm around him while popping open the tub and proffering them with the other. "Hey, nerd. Check it. You want one." Statement, not question. Intentional, that.

    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ==ErrantOfficial has joined the chat==

    ErrantOfficial: There is surprisingly little for me to do up here. But my brain needs something to keep it occupied.
    ErrantOfficial: So against my better judgment, I am commandeering this chat to run a 10 minute AMA.
    ErrantOfficial: Sorry Sara.
    ErrantOfficial: I will not, of course, be releasing any classified information. So it's not really. But you know what I mean.
    Oh, fun fact, ErrantOfficial automatically gains mod powers when she joins the chat. Just a little perk of being friends with the coolest superhero around, don't let it go to your head.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Angel-IKA: was your nickname really Eunacorn?
    Dominus: jfc
    Locker: how big a meltdown ar yuo havign about not being technically qualified to fly this ship? scale of 1 to 10
    Dominus: You people are parodies of yourselves.
    Angel-IKA: No we're not! ><;;;
    Locker: i kinda am
    Dominus: Shut up. Firstly, Ferra told us to move your ID pass. Secondly, what are you hoping is different about Comstar2 from Comstar1 when you inevitably cross paths?
    Angel-IKA: did you really quote Duelist in the Rose Garden back there?
    Sara switches the tin from one hand to the other so she can chime in with the chat.

    @SARAHPHIM: She's our pretty, pretty Eunacorn!
    @SARAHPHIM: Someone remind me again how you're supposed to catch unicorns...??
    @SARAHPHIM: ;)
    freedom in the flame

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

  26. - Top - End - #146
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Thanqol's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009

    Default Re: [Masks IC] Resurrection Roundabout: Drawing Individuals

    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Sara switches the tin from one hand to the other so she can chime in with the chat.

    @SARAHPHIM: She's our pretty, pretty Eunacorn!
    @SARAHPHIM: Someone remind me again how you're supposed to catch unicorns...??
    @SARAHPHIM: ;)
    Locker: with virginity?
    Angel-IKA: oh my god she asked me a question
    Angel-IKA: and oh my god Locker ruined it
    Locker: what
    Angel-IKA: It's with a pure heart!!!
    Locker: what kind of fairy tales u been reading
    Some stories are to tell. Some stories are to keep.

  27. - Top - End - #147
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PhoeKun's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Up in the mountains
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Masks IC] Resurrection Roundabout: Drawing Individuals

    Errant is too well trained to let this kind of behavior affect her flying. Even while she chokes and sputters on the chocolate milk she'd thought it was finally safe to drink, the ship doesn't so much as wobble. She runs a hand through her hair and tries her best not to let her face show on any of Sarahphim's cameras.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Angel-IKA: OMG erally ive got a list
    Locker: sup errant
    Bode: Hello. I would firstly like to thank you for your service to the city today. Please know that even if the situation as presented is emotionally taxing your loyal fans stand behind you all the way. I believe I speak for all of us when I say that you are our hero. Now, my question: What was your assessment of BlackSun Agent Maria's combat style? Do you believe that elements of it can be adapted to your own fighting style?
    Angel-IKA: was your nickname really Eunacorn?
    Dominus: jfc
    Locker: how big a meltdown ar yuo havign about not being technically qualified to fly this ship? scale of 1 to 10
    Dominus: You people are parodies of yourselves.
    Angel-IKA: No we're not! ><;;;
    Locker: i kinda am
    Dominus: Shut up. Firstly, Ferra told us to move your ID pass. Secondly, what are you hoping is different about Comstar2 from Comstar1 when you inevitably cross paths?
    Angel-IKA: did you really quote Duelist in the Rose Garden back there?
    ErrantOfficial: You're laughing now Sara, but I'm in charge of your workout routines. I hope you enjoy wind sprints.
    ErrantOfficial: Just going to go down the line through these. Thanks for the tip about my ID, although I don't really understand why Ferra would say something like that. I assume she didn't clarify?
    ErrantOfficial: That BlackSun Op was named Maria? I must have missed that; I was focused on other issues at the time. I think you could best categorize her combat style as 'Living Tank'. Nearest to Sambo if it's anything remotely codified. As I'm sure you're aware, being a good fighter means maximizing your strengths and avoiding your weaknesses. She had a much larger frame than I do, and it would be difficult and irresponsible for me to apply her lifts and back breakers to my tiny Asian body. With that said I do admire her headbutts and might look in that direction to break future grapples.
    ErrantOfficial: Hey Angel-IKA, where did you hear that name? That was my parents' nickname for me, but I haven't told anybody about it in years. Though I'm probably going to be hearing it a lot from now on, so thanks for that. Also yes, I was quoting Duelist during the fight. My professional assessment of Comstar is that she's obsessed with storylines and would walk into my fist if I sold it hard enough. My ad-lib skills are lacking, but I have the script to the film version memorized! So I just ran with it.
    ErrantOfficial: Locker - AEGIS regulations only allow for one meltdown in a 24-hour period, so I'm sitting at a 0 right now. To be honest I'm more concerned about the fact that I'm flying this while technically off duty. I'll be requesting a demerit during debriefing, if I'm not handed one outright.
    ErrantOfficial: Comstar β fled the scene instead of letting herself be captured for the sake of her cameras. If I'm hoping for anything from her, I'd want that practical streak to extend a little farther and make her easier to speak with. I can't help either one of them get better if I can't figure out a way to reach them. Thanks for not using your supervillain voice to ask that question, by the way. :)

  28. - Top - End - #148
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Balmas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Middle-o'-Nowhere, Idaho
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Masks IC] Resurrection Roundabout: Drawing Individuals

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    She ignores, for once, the obvious question, looking over her body instead of focusing on the sonic emitters. "It is an interesting change. My body has been modified to be, well, personable instead of efficient. It is interesting and... pretty." She pauses. "I enjoy being pretty. I was not designed to care about being pretty. I am not sure how it helps my task."
    Victor blinks. "Pretty."

    That hadn't been in the notes he'd read. Self determination, yes. Evaluation of priorities in fulfilling a set goal, certainly. But pretty?

    "I'm... certain that if you have been made pretty, then there must be a purpose behind it? To do otherwise would consume resources that could be otherwise utilized." Thoughtfully, he begins moulding a palm against an armrest. "And you are. Pretty, I mean. I would say to enjoy it, as being pretty and enjoying being pretty means your goals and ends align nicely.

    "But, I'm afraid I have some pressing concerns. Does your new form include any form of antivirus? I have reason to belive that you have have been contaminated by one of the agents we encountered."
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

  29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Eldest's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Someplace Nice
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Masks IC] Resurrection Roundabout: Drawing Individuals

    "I... see." She sounds somewhat let down, almost. Like she'd been hoping for a different response, but expected that one.

    Lesson learned: Never use resources for non-task functions.
    Refocusing. She could deal with the empty feeling she couldn't pin down later. "I do have some antivirus features. What makes you think that? I don't believe I was compromised."
    LGBTA+itP

  30. - Top - End - #150
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Thanqol's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009

    Default Re: [Masks IC] Resurrection Roundabout: Drawing Individuals

    Locker: holy wall of text batman
    Bode: Ferraphim1tp extracted your file from the Girl Scouts in order to prove a point.
    Angel-IKA: And how did you know Maria's name? >:D
    Bode: It was printed on her armour.
    Locker: yeh she's not wrong
    Angel-IKA: Darn!
    Locker: better luck next time
    Dominus: Haha. I promise you, my supervillain voice is much scarier.
    Angel-IKA: I'm just really giddy that you memorized Duelists. It's my favourite movie of all time <3 <3 <3
    Locker: so does this mean eunacom is the canon ship now? i mena i san t predicting youd wind up in a threesome but i guess surprises like that are why we watch this show
    Dominus: Stop trying to get her to crash Locker.
    Locker: no
    Angel-IKA: Oh hey since @Sarahphim is also here, um, how are you doing? Are you okay? What was that all like for you?
    Locker: how mad are you that brian jis toyatlly just blanking you to stare at the robot despite the fact that you are literally wrapping yourself around him
    Dominus: That's my question too actually.
    Locker: are you jealous of the robot
    Some stories are to tell. Some stories are to keep.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •