Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Zeitgeist: Island at the Axis of the World OOC

ZEITGEIST (Chapter 1): ISLAND AT THE AXIS OF THE WORLD

Steam and soot darken the skies above the city of Flint, and winds sweeping across its majestic harbour blow the choking products of industrial forges into the fey rainforests that dot its knife-toothed mountains. Since the earliest ages when the people of Risur founded this city, they feared the capricious beings that hid in those fog-shrouded peaks, but now as the march of progress and the demands of national defence turn Flint into a garden for artifice and technology, the old faiths and rituals that kept the lurkers of the woods at bay are being abandoned.

The Unseen Court, the Great Hunt, and the many spirits of the land long ago conquered by Risur’s kings no longer receive tribute, but they cannot enter these new cities of steam and steel to demand their tithe. The impoverished workers who huddle in factory slums fear monsters of a different breed, shadowy children of this new urban labyrinth. Even their modern religions have no defences against these fiends.

Times are turning. The skyseers – Risurs folk prophets since their homeland’s birth – witness omens in the starry wheels of heaven, and they warn that a new age is nigh. But what they cannot foresee, hidden beyond the steam and soot of the night sky, is the face of this coming era, the spirit of the age. The zeitgeist.

Spoiler: The Big 16
    Show
    1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?

Pathfinder 1.0

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?

"Island at the Axis of the World", the first adventure in the "Zeitgeist" campaign setting and 1-20 adventure path by EN Publishing.

The ~70 page Players Guide is available to download for free here.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?

~5

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?

Here - GitP forums.

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?

Level 1 (0 XP)

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?

Average per class as per SRD.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?

See the brief class notes on page 4 of the Player’s Guide.

All first party Paizo is approved. I reserve the right to veto the odd thing.
    Unchained classes are approved (although I’m not familiar with them yet, so go easy on me).
    No homebrew. Third party stuff by request (must be on PFSRD).

Themes are a major new thing (see pg 6 of the Player’s Guide). So as well as Race, Class & potentially Archetype(s) you will also have a Theme. There is a big difference between a Half-Elf Rogue Technologist and a Half-Elf Rogue Skyseer (& a Half-Elf Wizard Technologist for that matter).

Religion is covered in brief on pg 43 of the Player’s Guide. Essentially for cleric characters you can choose your own domains etc as you see fit and can use either one of the four given religions or a custom deity/ purpose of your own creation.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?

Core races & tieflings are approved, as are the special Zeitgeist races Deva and Eladrin. Other races by request.
    No homebrew. Third party stuff by request (must be on d20PFSRD).

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?

Choose your own Point Buy & note it down on your sheet. We’ll normalise this once a party is selected by adjusting everyone to the average or choosing the most common.

Max hp for 1st level. Half max + 0.5 (rounded up) thereafter.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?

Standard alignment rules, but you have to be broadly capable of working together. Non-evil preferred.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?

Standard rules.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?

All die rolls on the GitPs forums - either in the OOC forum or in spoilers in the IC forum please. I will roll initiative, saves and certain skill checks for you. Basically anything reactive I will roll in order to speed play up. You can do all of the proactive rolls for your character.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

Everyone gets Bludgeoner as a Bonus feat.

Firearms are ‘commonplace’ (as per Zeitgeist Player’s Guide). They count as Martial weapons (you effectively get free Martial Weapon Proficiency (Firearms) if you have Martial WP). Costs are 25% of that listed in SRD. Advanced firearms are unavailable.

The Elephant in the Room Feat Tax Fixes are in effect.

1 character Theme required (including bonus Theme Feat, as per Zeitgeist Player’s Guide).

Up to 2 starting Traits
    Drawbacks (& corresponding extra Traits) allowed. Take as many as you like but we might aim to normalise this once a party is selected. Maximum one Trait per Trait Type as per normal rules.
    I reserve the right to veto any wackiness. Third party Traits & Drawbacks by request.

Major Drawbacks are approved (maximum 1). Ask if you want to use one & I will review that specific request.

Wealth will generally be by way of periodic salary/ requisition rather than loot (with a few exceptions). Crafting skills/ feats will simply affect this overall wealth allocation (positively).
    Experience & levelling will be applied at set milestones.

Background skills are in effect.

Spheres of Power/ Might is tentatively allowed.

Path of War is tentatively allowed.

Other optional rules considered on request.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?

A basic background is required. Nothing too extensive.

But I will want to get a feel for your character and how you intend to play. A bunch of stats and automatons will not be fun.

The Zeitgeist adventure path assumes the PCs will begin as agents of the Royal Homeland Constabulary based in Flint. RHC constables are law enforcement officers tasked with protecting Risur from serious threats, usually in the form of foreign plots, magically equipped criminals, and various supernatural foes everyday police are not capable of handling.

The directorate in Flint generally keeps busy thwarting arms smuggling, industrial espionage, and the sorts of magical and monstrous threats once handled by plucky self-motivated “adventurers.”

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?

• Investigation & RP.
    • Political intrigue, criminal masterminds, spies, complex motivations & conflicting ideologies.
    • Combat does occur but tends to come in intense bursts of activity.
    • Looking through the various adventure chapters there’s serious nods to the likes of James Bond, Sherlock Holmes & Indiana Jones/ Lara Croft etc.
    • Naval combat will be a thing periodically (I’m not sure yet if we’ll use the Seas of Zeitgeist rules contained in the Player’s Guide. I’ve read mixed reviews.)

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?

SRD + Zeitgeist Player’s Guide.

What to expect:

• My posting rate will be relatively slow for this game (say once or maybe twice a week). I have a number of games on which wax and wane, and I intend to give priority to my longer-running games. If you need daily posting this is not the game for you.
    • Given how life & workloads change I am committing to run this game for at least 12 months, after which I'll see how I feel about continuing.

Party roster

Player Character Race Class Theme
    Starbin Jakros the Shifting Blade Tiefling Harbinger Martial Scientist
    Eldest Deidre "Indigo" Quinn Halfling Investigator (Battered Detective) Docker
    rs2excelsior Arina Lambault Human Hedgewitch (Martial Hedgewitch) Spirit Medium
    PeacefulOak Roland the Wanderer Deva Unchained Summoner Gunsmith
    Chromascope3D Dr Viktor Emil Half-Elf Alchemist (Hemetic Philosopher)/ VMC Cleric Vekeshi Mystic

Spoiler: The Lost
    Show
    Player Character Race Class Theme
    Rokku Sally Clock Human Technician Technologist
    hannahbbug3 Irastiel Half-Elf Fey Adept Skyseer
    Denomar Ruprecht Dalsen Human Investigator (Majordomo) Eschatologist
    Last edited by Ghostfoot; 2019-06-25 at 04:53 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Zeitgeist: Island at the Axis of the World

Dramatis Personae

Assistant Chief Inspector Stover Delft: Your immediate superior. Aged early-40s he has a limp and walks with a cane.

Spoiler: Assistant Chief Inspector Stover Delft
    Show

King Aodhan Lesterman: King of Risur. Now widowed in his 70s he was crowned king due to his heroic actions in the Third Yerasol War against Danor. Pro-industry, he also established the Constabulary few decades ago.

Spoiler: King Aodhan Lesterman
    Show

Coulton, Mercliffe, Iscalio, Dafton: A group of disgruntled Flint dockers

Thames Grimsley: Aged in early 50s, evidently some sort of leader or man of influence among the Flint dockers

Spoiler: Thames Grimsley
    Show

Principal Minister Harkover Lee: King Aodhan's bodyguard & chief of staff. Aged mid-60s he speaks with a slight Berran accent.

Spoiler: Principal Minister Harkover Lee
    Show

Duchess Ethelyn of Shale: King Aodhan of Risur's sister, and also a veteran of the Third Yerasol War. She is old-fashioned and rumoured to possess many forms of powerful magic.

Spoiler: Duchess Ethelyn of Shale
    Show

Geoff Massarde: An airy-voiced 40-something tiefling turncoat from Danor. He is an accomplished engineer and helped design the R.N.S. Coaltongue.

Spoiler: Geoff Massarde
    Show

Captain Rutger Smith: Captain of the R.N.S. Impossible, one of the Constabulary’s vessels. Aged mid-late 30s.

Spoiler: Captain Rutger Smith
    Show

Flint City Governor Roland Stanfield: A deva who is centuries old, Stanfield has reincarnated many times. He has served as Governor of Flint for most of the past few centuries.

Spoiler: Flint City Governor Roland Stanfield
    Show

Handmaiden Sokana Rel: Elven handmaiden to Duchess Ethelyn of Shale

Spoiler: Handmaiden Sokana Rel
    Show

Elian Aughtbrook: A chatty petty officer onboard R.N.S. Coaltongue

Divianne Athel: A guard onboard R.N.S. Coaltongue

Fitzcairn Luckshore: A bashful young technician onboard R.N.S. Coaltongue

The sea nymph: Spotted helping Duchess Ethelyn escape the R.N.S. Coaltongue

Spoiler: The sea nymph
    Show
    Last edited by Ghostfoot; 2019-06-30 at 05:10 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Zeitgeist: Island at the Axis of the World OOC

Reserved (again) for lore/ loot/ dramatis personae & rules

Prestige Ratings:

Flint. The citizens of Flint. 2
    Risur. The RHC, the police, and the greater Risuri government
    and military.
    The Unseen Court. The lords of the fey who rule in the Dreaming 2
    Criminal. A criminal group, the identity of which is currently unknown. 1
    Philosophical. An ideological group, the identity of which is currently unknown. 1
    Last edited by Ghostfoot; 2019-06-30 at 05:14 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Hello all, I'm excited to get this started! If we're claiming colors, I think Arina will speak in green, please.
    DMing:
    The Darkest Dungeon: IC / OOC / DOC

A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Awesome, glad to be here! Ira will speak in navy, if that's all right.
    S C R E A M I N G is always a free action.

If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

-Guy, "How to be a Great Game Master"

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Medium Blue for Sally, I think.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah, right, colors are a thing. I suppose I'll call dibs on this for Indigo.

Edit: On looking through the sheets to get a feel for the other members, I like the spread we have right now, everyone is going to feel different in play, since the two investigators (the closest we have to mechanical overlap) have different skill focuses entirely! Like, seriously, we have Know Local, Preform and Perception as shared skills. Plus, combat wise, we've got a crossbow/trap Spheres technician, a dex investigator focused on melee Spheres combat, a strength investigator with extracts, a haunted hedgewitch focused on fencing and necromancy, a Spheres dedicated illusionist, and a Harbinger. I think everyone's gonna feel really different, so kudos to everyone (including the GM for picking out the group!)

Also, mechanical notes! Rs2excelsior, since the first level of Finesse Fighting is basically given for free from the elephant in the room feat tax fix, the GM said that we got the second rank instead if we got it. Second, to the GM, if we are using traits as well I need to grab those, because I blanked on it apparently? And finally, also to the GM, I for some reason completely forgot that Spheres had a dual-wielding sphere: mind if I swap my first level feat from Two Weapon Fighting to grabbing the baseline of that? It's going to effectively be the same thing as a minor upgrade now but less incentive to full attack for more attacks later on at higher BAB.
    Last edited by Eldest; 2019-01-28 at 01:25 PM.
    LGBTA+itP

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

I'm looking forward to it too!

Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    On looking through the sheets to get a feel for the other members, I like the spread we have right now, everyone is going to feel different in play, since the two investigators (the closest we have to mechanical overlap) have different skill focuses entirely! Like, seriously, we have Know Local, Preform and Perception as shared skills. Plus, combat wise, we've got a crossbow/trap Spheres technician, a dex investigator focused on melee Spheres combat, a strength investigator with extracts, a haunted hedgewitch focused on fencing and necromancy, a Spheres dedicated illusionist, and a Harbinger. I think everyone's gonna feel really different, so kudos to everyone (including the GM for picking out the group!)
    Yeah I thought it looked a fun mix too, and that even the very similar investigator chassis' look like they'll play very differently.

Also, mechanical notes! Rs2excelsior, since the first level of Finesse Fighting is basically given for free from the elephant in the room feat tax fix, the GM said that we got the second rank instead if we got it. Second, to the GM, if we are using traits as well I need to grab those, because I blanked on it apparently? And finally, also to the GM, I for some reason completely forgot that Spheres had a dual-wielding sphere: mind if I swap my first level feat from Two Weapon Fighting to grabbing the baseline of that? It's going to effectively be the same thing as a minor upgrade now but less incentive to full attack for more attacks later on at higher BAB.
    Traits & dual-wielding - yes & yes, that's fine. Now's a good time for any finessing or tinkering you may wish to seek approval for.

A comment on speech colours - I know on this site everyone always picks identifying colours for their speech (as do I, in all of the other games I've been involved in). As an alternative we could map colour to language, so for example Common = Green, Primordial = Blue, etc. I don't have strong feelings but it's an idea I once saw that I thought might make sense. Let me know if you agree/ object.

While we're on languages, did everyone catch that little clarification in the recruitment thread? Primordial is the local language of Risur. If I've understood your characters correctly your base languages should be something like:
    Jakros: Common & Abyssal (or Infernal) (+4 for Int, +1 Linguistics)
    Irastiel: Primordial & Elven (+1 for Linguistics)
    Indigo: Primordial & Halfling (+3 for Int)
    Arina: Primordial (+1 for Int)
    Ruprecht: Primordial (+4 for Int, +1 Linguistics)
    Sally: Primordial (+4 for Int, +1 Linguistics)

Point Buy: Did everyone go 25-point buy?

Prestige Classes: A leading question, but what were everyone's thoughts towards the Prestige Classes in the Player's Guide (more specifically the particular PrC that maps to your Theme)?

Variant Rules: Anything else that you guys want to throw out there for consideration?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostfoot View Post
    A comment on speech colours - I know on this site everyone always picks identifying colours for their speech (as do I, in all of the other games I've been involved in). As an alternative we could map colour to language, so for example Common = Green, Primordial = Blue, etc. I don't have strong feelings but it's an idea I once saw that I thought might make sense. Let me know if you agree/ object.

Prestige Classes: A leading question, but what were everyone's thoughts towards the Prestige Classes in the Player's Guide (more specifically the particular PrC that maps to your Theme)?
    Personally, I don't know that I'd remember color coded languages. I usually just put anything other than common - or the equivalent to common, here - in italics and specify what my character is speaking IC.

I did 25 point buy.

I'll have to look at the prestige classes again. I'll let you know!

If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Here, and thanks!

So for traits, we’re getting those AND themes? I thought it was one or the other.

Colors - doesn’t matter to me, but if their personal, I’ll take this.

Languages - Primordial is a free language, right? If not, I need to drop one.

I did a 20pt buy.

PrC - I’ve glanced at it ... just not sure I’d want to miss out on the Capstone for Harbinger. But on the off chance we don’t hit 20, flavor can be fun!

No other variant rules I can think of.
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Plus, combat wise, we've got a crossbow/trap Spheres technician, a dex investigator focused on melee Spheres combat, a strength investigator with extracts, a haunted hedgewitch focused on fencing and necromancy, a Spheres dedicated illusionist, and a Harbinger. I think everyone's gonna feel really different, so kudos to everyone (including the GM for picking out the group!)
    Just a side note, Arina isn't really a necromancer in the classic sense. She can't raise the dead, just talk to them. I could technically buy off the drawback and get the ability, but it's not really the kind of thing the character would do. Most of the rest of her abilities are necromancy-themed, though, just don't expect a bunch of zombies wandering about

Also, mechanical notes! Rs2excelsior, since the first level of Finesse Fighting is basically given for free from the elephant in the room feat tax fix, the GM said that we got the second rank instead if we got it.
    Hmm, I'd missed that. Nice!

Either works fine for me. I kinda like the colors to keep track of who's speaking at a glance, but it shouldn't be difficult to follow if we go the other route.

And regarding languages, I wasn't sure if humans got Common plus their regional language for free. If it's Primordial plus whatever bonus languages based on INT, then yes, I need to drop one.

Yep!

I've looked at the Spirit Medium's prestige class, and it's kinda neat. Some of the things I can get just from Sphere stuff, but there is a little in there that would be cool. Overall I haven't fully decided if I'll take it later or not.
    Last edited by rs2excelsior; 2019-01-28 at 07:57 PM.
    DMing:

12. - Top - End - #12
    Barbarian in the Playground

I honestly would prefer to use quotation marks for speech. Since I'm in too many games right now and I'll probably forget which color I said I'd use.

I used a 25 point buy.

Uh...I have no issues with the prestige classes, though I wasn't planning on using it. My version of the players guide doesn't have them anyway.
    All Hail Fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    No... no... its... its supposed to be 'then'... NO. DENOMAR OUT. YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING.
    New Sexy Mordrent Avatar via Tiffany Lirle! I bow down to her sense of fun.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    So for traits, we’re getting those AND themes? I thought it was one or the other.
    That was the original plan, but everyone got an upgrade due to popular demand.

So you get Theme PLUS 2 Traits PLUS as many Drawbacks as you like if you want additional Traits (Maximum one Trait per Trait Type as per normal rules).

Languages - Primordial is a free language, right? If not, I need to drop one.
    Quote Originally Posted by rs2excelsior View Post
    I wasn't sure if humans got Common plus their regional language for free. If it's Primordial plus whatever bonus languages based on INT, then yes, I need to drop one.
    I decided that everyone should get their home region free, rather than Primordial + Common. Since Jakros is foreign he'll get Common for free and have to buy Primordial to speak the local lingo. So yup, net result for both is drop one.

Just a side note, Arina isn't really a necromancer in the classic sense. She can't raise the dead, just talk to them. I could technically buy off the drawback and get the ability, but it's not really the kind of thing the character would do. Most of the rest of her abilities are necromancy-themed, though, just don't expect a bunch of zombies wandering about
    That's good. Animating dead bodies is the job of evil NPC's, IMHO, not heroic PC's.

PrC - I’ve glanced at it ... just not sure I’d want to miss out on the Capstone ....
    This is what I thought most people's view would be. But I do really want to see this content in play (eventually).

Proposed solution: A characters Theme Feat expands to unlock the class abilities (only) of the related PrC over three levels following that in which the character meets the prerequisites of said PrC. The PrC can no longer be taken as a class in it's own right.

So for example Ruprecht the Eschatologist acquires 7 ranks in Diplomacy and 7 ranks in Knowledge History (these, together with the Theme Feat, being the normal prerequisites for taking the Logos PrC next level). When he next levels up he unlocks the level 1 Logos abilities "Make It So" & "Pathos of the Inanimate". Next level he gets the level 2 Logos abilities "Ethos of the Unwilling" & "Inexplicable Narration" and the following level he gets the capstone level 3 Logos ability "Revoke Agency".

So basically some "free" flavour-powers at mid levels (~8-10) but nothing game-breaking.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

This is what I thought most people's view would be. But I do really want to see this content in play (eventually).

Proposed solution: A characters Theme Feat expands to unlock the class abilities (only) of the related PrC over three levels following that in which the character meets the prerequisites of said PrC. The PrC can no longer be taken as a class in it's own right.

So for example Ruprecht the Eschatologist acquires 7 ranks in Diplomacy and 7 ranks in Knowledge History (these, together with the Theme Feat, being the normal prerequisites for taking the Logos PrC next level). When he next levels up he unlocks the level 1 Logos abilities "Make It So" & "Pathos of the Inanimate". Next level he gets the level 2 Logos abilities "Ethos of the Unwilling" & "Inexplicable Narration" and the following level he gets the capstone level 3 Logos ability "Revoke Agency".

So basically some "free" flavour-powers at mid levels (~8-10) but nothing game-breaking.
    You're making me look up how to do performance combat is what you're doing. Sadly, as always, it seems to be a really bad idea to do. Best way I can figure involves either yet another 3rd party system, which doesn't fit with Indigo's flavor, or her focusing on being terrifying at the cost of many, many feats, which also doesn't. Honestly, I'd have to work with you to make even the Docker's prestige class work out. It's half about having a group of wimps follow you around for minor combat bonuses, and they get replaced easily when they croak. Not how I'm picturing Indigo. Which is a pity, because the other half is about showing off to a crowd, which I do love and fits her well.
    LGBTA+itP

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I wouldn't be opposed to getting the class abilities of your prestige class free; I don't think it'd be particularly game breaking. Like I said, I can get the things I'm particularly interested in from Spheres anyway, although a couple of the other things would be kind of nice. I'd be happy either way.

Speaking of languages, in-setting, what would be a good second language for the daughter of a minor noble family in Slate? I picked Elven but I wasn't sure if another one would make more sense for someone in that position.
    DMing:

16. - Top - End - #16

probably depends what the family does.

Maybe say they have a lot of trade in Ber and take something like Goblin. y'never know?

Edit. I also still don't know what or where these prestige classes are. My version of the players guide doesn't have it. Is it in the one on the paizo site?
    Last edited by Denomar; 2019-01-30 at 10:37 PM.
    All Hail Fun!
    No... no... its... its supposed to be 'then'... NO. DENOMAR OUT. YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Speaking of languages, in-setting, what would be a good second language for the daughter of a minor noble family in Slate? I picked Elven but I wasn't sure if another one would make more sense for someone in that position.
    Common and Elven are probably the 2nd tier biggies locally, although plenty of justification for others if you wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Denomar View Post
    I also still don't know what or where these prestige classes are. My version of the players guide doesn't have it. Is it in the one on the paizo site?
    Link to the free, most up-to date, download is here.

18. - Top - End - #18

Ok, I've read the logos and it is both an underwhelming class as well as completely ridiculous with the ability to rewrite reality.

Ruprecht would never take the class, but, if you as a dm just want us to have access to their abilities its totally your prerogative. Is everything else buffed in difficulty in response to the players all essentially getting free stuff?
    All Hail Fun!

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Denomar View Post
    Ok, I've read the logos and it is both an underwhelming class as well as completely ridiculous with the ability to rewrite reality.
    Yeah I don't think any of the PrC's are compelling enough to take in their own right under normal rules.

Tell you what, this feels like a bit of a distraction so let's park the whole idea and we can revisit later on once we've seen how the game has been going. We'll make it work somehow, if we want to.

I'll get on with starting the actual game in the next few days, if everyone's more-or-less ready (I was out of town last week).

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

I like this idea.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

IC link is up here. Sorry it took a while, first post is always the hardest.

Any questions, just ask.

22. - Top - End - #22

oopsies. its my knowledge nobility that is at +11, history is only +10 so reduce that result to a 15.
    All Hail Fun!

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

(1d20)[14]

rerolling local, as I messed it up on the other thread. oops!

24. - Top - End - #24

Second addendum. I forgot I’m an investigator and can add inspiration to knowledge checks I am trained in for free.

Since I am trained in all of them There is No Reason I wouldn’t do so. Sooooo

Add (1d6)[5] to my previous result.

Whoopsie schmoodles.
    All Hail Fun!

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

Snow happened. Power is still uncertain but is on at the moment. Posting now while I can.

Edit: just realized that I'm going to be the only small sized person in the group. Maybe the tiefling and Indigo are going to have more in common than expected!
    Last edited by Eldest; 2019-02-13 at 04:11 AM.
    LGBTA+itP

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

All good on the knowledge checks (or Profession (Soldier), not that anyone had it). DC was 13 so as a group you make it easy.

Going to use my Viewing talent from the Divination sphere to move my point of view above the crowd. I have already spent the spell point and taken the one nonlethal damage from using a sphere ability. It would have taken 10 minutes to set up, but I assume we had that amount of time before things opened. Concentration on a Divination effect requires full-round actions, so Arina isn't doing anything else without dropping the divination.
    Cool, this is fine. It will be particularly relevant in the very next bit.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

forgot something

Wild Magic - (1d10)[2]

If that's a 1... (1d100)[30]

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I don't think I have anything to add IC past what I've already said in my first post, so I'll just say here I am going with the option to scan the crowd.

Perception: (1d20+4)[11]
    DMing:

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, same as rs2excelsior, I already had Indigo scanning the crowd. Perception: (1d20+5)[22]
    LGBTA+itP

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Since it didn’t sound like anyone had a message spell or other way for us to chat, I’m making a presumption that we had some rudimentary signals to alert each other (flashing metal, hand signals or something)
    Last edited by Starbin; 2019-02-17 at 03:15 PM.
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y