The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 255
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground
     
    igordragonian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    Starislav nod.
    "I 'ave a beast of pure evil inside of me, barely confined in my skin. I can't trust my judgement, especialy when I feel urge for violence.' he say quitly.
    "I trust Rem's judgement.' he pause.
    'As Bogatyr, I am champion of the common folk. But fighting recklessly, might k'hurt the very people I fight for. I am just waiting for the right moment to release my wrath.'
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

    Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

  2. - Top - End - #212
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Theoboldi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    Suddenly, the monk that you've been talking to stomps his foot down, causing a loud crack to ring out. "Do not blaspheme!" he shouts, leaning forward threateningly and glaring at you. The other monk further back drops into a combat-ready stance, fists clenched and arms raised.

    Spoiler: Starislav
    Show
    As an experienced warrior, his stance seems somewhat odd to you. While he looks ready to attack, the way he positions his arms is leaving him completely open to retaliation. Given all that you've heard about their philosophy and abilities though, it seems intentional. It's like he's not afraid to throw himself onto your spear.


    "The Golden Lord has taught us to embrace our inner strength and shown us how to utilize it. Evidence is unnecessary. We all know the pain of the common people, and we all know those responsible for it." Enraged, he begins rattling off name, emphasizing each with sheer hatred.

    "Big Feet Zu!

    Magistrate Li!

    Real Man Xiao!

    They will face judgement at the hands of a righteous Lord!"


    With that, he slowly lowers himself into a combat-ready stance as well, as the men and women behind him grip what weapons that they have.

    "Leave now! Come back when you know what has to be done. If you will not fight the magistrate, then there is still one villain who is within your reach, is there not?" That last part seems to be directed as much as Starislav as it is at Rem. In any case, the monk seems serious about what he is saying. It's tough to tell how much more talk these people will accept before turning to violence.
    Last edited by Theoboldi; 2019-10-28 at 07:50 AM.
    Always look for white text. Always.
    That's how you do it! Have a cookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

    You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

  3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground
     
    igordragonian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    Starislav stand his grounds.
    "I am not going anywhere, until I talk to the golden reckless boy. Foolishness is not a value I respect much.'
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

    Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

  4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Merilan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Planeptune, Gamindustri
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    "I do not appreciate violence. I do not believe it is an effective means to an end. Hastiness and recklessness will only harm the common people," Rem firmly says. "Which villain do you speak of - Real Man Xiao?"

    Even as she speaks, however, her body begins to softly illuminate with an aura, as her wings spread to either side of her. She'd best be prepared if they try anything.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Rem's commiting effort to Body of Burning Light to gear up.

  5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Theoboldi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    Though violence is not what you're after, between Rem activating her powers and Starislav being openly defiant, the cultists decide that the time to act has come. A nervous twitch goes through the speaking monk's body Rem's wings unfold, barely perceptible but enough warning for your divinely accute senses. Before she is even done speaking, the man suddenly lunches forward, his fist extended to strike at you.

    "You will not drag us into hell, angel!" he shouts, clearly unwilling to listen further.

    As he does so, the other cultists follow suit. Unarmed or with whatever weapon they have at hand, they move forward to engage you alongside their leaders, clearly aiming to encircle you. Though their movements are clumsy, owing to the fact that they are obviously civilians and children with no combat experience, they seem to be determined enough to follow the example set to them.

    The other monk in their midst is swiftly making his way towards Starislav, looking to engage the bogatyr in personal combat. His face is grim, showing a warrior's focus.

    Your reflexes give you an edge, however. It's time to make your first move, and perhaps shape this battle before it even truly begins.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    And we're in combat! As usual, you automatically take the first turns, since there was no surprise on either side. Also, as last time, you will be able to take out opponents non-lethally with normal attacks and your Fray Die, but not with Smites. Other divine powers may or may not be non-lethal on a case by case basis.

    The cultists other than the two monks can be counted as a small mob, if you have any abilities that would be relevant to. Also, the monks themselves are too strong to be affected by your Fray Dice.
    Always look for white text. Always.
    That's how you do it! Have a cookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

    You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

  6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Merilan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Planeptune, Gamindustri
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    "I truly regret this outcome. Starislav, can I ask you to have mercy on them?" Rem asks as her senses allow her to detect when the monk's twitch reflexively brings him up to her; within a single burst, there is a warm, admonishing light similar to what she utilised against Big Foot Zu's men. Her aim is to drain them of their will to fight, rather than to hurt them directly.

    But the monk is much more the combatant than they are -- and perhaps, herself, given she never had any formal training. She soars into the air as she aims a soft burst of light towards the monk -- something more concentrated and concussive, but with much the same effect.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Let's see... I want to use my Fray Dice on the mob - (1d8)[2]
    And normally attack one of the Monks - (1d20)[17] (Check 5) and damage, if it hits: (1d10+3)[8]
    I'm also going to use Sapphire Wings to fly upwards, if that's possible to do in a single turn?

  7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground
     
    igordragonian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    "Those foolish bastards, are too durachi to be k'held responsible! I agree!" he roared to Rem.
    Clenching his fists, sending simple good old punch in the tradition of the homeland, with all the fancy sissy local jumpings around, like bunch of noisy crickets!
    Some black scales apear though on the back of his hand.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Fray die (1d8)[8](8)


    Attack (1d20)[8](8)+3

    Damage? (1d10)[3](3)


    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

    Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

  8. - Top - End - #218
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Theoboldi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    Rem weaves back from the monk's initial attack, her body moving almost on its own to get her out of harm's way. As she does, a group of cultists tries to jump her, clubs and wooden spears raised to strike, but with the tiniest of motions she unleashes a surge of light that washes over them and makes them fumble their attacks. One of them, a young boy barely old enough to even lift his weapon, falls to the ground and proceeds to quickly crawl away, whimpering with fear. He seems scared, but unharmed.

    Then, a jump takes her into the air, where she unfurls her wings and unleashes a blast of power at the monk who now is helplessly below her. His face is momentarily contorted by surprise before he is hit squarely in the chest, pushing him backwards as his feet bury into the soft, muddy ground to prevent him from falling over. "Angel!" he gasps, breathless from the attack. "The strive of the Torment Defied may not reach you where you are, but we will take end you after your champion!" With that, he turns around and flings himself towards Starislav, in a movement that utilizes the impact energy of the attack that just hit him.

    Meanwhile, the other cultists do what they can to wear you down. Rocks and sharpened sticks are flung up into the air at Rem from whatever cover they can find amidst their huts, one even opening fire with a makeshift bow that he has. Their attacks are uncoordinated, but one might still hit you.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    While the monk doesn't seem to have any decent ranged options for now, the cultist mob gets an attack against Rem. Your AC is already included in this attack, so it'll only hit on a total result of 20.

    [roll]1d20+1+3[roll] for a potential (1d6)[2] = damage.


    Meanwhile, Starislav's initial attack does not go quite so well. At the very last moment, the quiet monk recognizes the bogatyr's strike, and suddenly lets his upper body drop to the side, bending his back at an angel that looks like it should break his spine, but yet miraculously does not. From there, he simply rolls while Starislav himself lets his momentum carry him forward, out of reach of an immediate counterattack. Two cultists, a man and a woman approach the god at this point, throwing themselves at him in a practised, but clearly inexperienced show of unarmed combat. In return, he simply grabs one of them and throws her into the other, knocking the fight out of them in one move.

    Behind them, however, the two monks step up, charging him in preparation for an attack. Once within range, the two burst into a flurry of powerful strikes, their bodies moving and contorting to keep every punch at an unpredictable angle. If they experience any discomfort from this style of fighting, they do not let it show on their faces. What makes it worse is that as Starislav does his best to fend off the two warriors, he is beset by further cultists from every angle, making defending himself a difficult task at best.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Starislav faces attacks from the two monks and the mob of cultists. Your AC is already included in these attacks, so it'll only hit on a total result of 20.

    Talking Monk:
    [roll]1d20+7+2[roll] for a potential (1d8)[3] = damage.
    [roll]1d20+7+2[roll] for a potential (1d8)[3] = damage.

    Quiet Monk:
    [roll]1d20+7+2[roll] for a potential (1d8)[8] = damage.
    [roll]1d20+7+2[roll] for a potential (1d8)[4] = damage.

    Cultists:
    [roll]1d20+1+3[roll] for a potential (1d6)[1] = damage.

    Keep in mind that you do have Gifts that can defend you from damage that you would otherwise take. Should the amount of HP that you loose this round seem like too much to be sustainable, your gift Unbreakable could render you immune to it as a reaction.

    Edit: Well, this is kinda embarrassing. I redid the rolls in the OOC.
    Last edited by Theoboldi; 2019-10-13 at 10:43 AM.

  9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Merilan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Planeptune, Gamindustri
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Judging by the OOC rolls I took no damage and Starislav took 5?


    "We work as one," Rem responds. She's keeping an eye on the Bogatyr to make sure he's not overwhelmed; it'd be best to try to suppress the numbers as best as they can -- the sight of the young boy aches her heart for a moment. How could they order someone so young to fight?

    The rocks, the sticks and even the bow fly at her; they wither away with the light of her aura, but an attack doesn't need to necessarily strike to grieve her. "You would have even your children fight?!" she exclaims.

    Her hand raises once more as she tries to keep that light washed onto the crowd; they're not her enemies. She just wants them to stop.

    But those monks, with their contortioning punches... they will be more difficult as an opponent. And to that degree she sends another blast from the skies to aid Starislav.

    Spoiler
    Show
    As before, let's try another fray dice on the cultist mob (1d8)[3] and an attack on one of the monks (the more injured) (1d20)[9] - damage if it hits: (1d10+3)[5]

  10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground
     
    igordragonian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    Starislav wear his shield.
    "Very welll, fools. I guess you won't calm down, unless you miss some tooth!"


    ---
    Fray die
    (1d8)[2](2)
    Attack
    (1d20)[10](10)+3

    Damage (1d10)[3](3)
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

    Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

  11. - Top - End - #221
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Theoboldi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Yeah, Rem took no damage while Starislav took a total of 5. Which is half of his HP, I should add.


    As Rem's light shines down upon the cultists, and Starislav easily throws about the toughest among them with barely a motion, more and more of them are slowly taken out of the battle. Already, you've thinned their numbers quite severely, and only slightly more than half of them remain capable of fighting. Those who remain are looking nervous, and it probably is not much longer until their discipline will be truly tested.

    Meanwhile, the monks remain your true obstacle. The speaking one, who was already hurt by Rem's earlier attack, barely notices the sound of her charging beam behind him. All he can do is twist to the side as swiftly as he can, which turns an attack that may have otherwise knocked him down into a still painful glancing blow. He is momentarily sent reeling from the impact, which Starislav uses to his advantage by dealing his foe a loudly resounding uppercut strong enough to knock out any lesser man. As beads of his sweat go flying and a thin trickle of blood runs from his mouth, the monk reels back, barely adopting a fighting stance again. He wipes away the blood from his chin, his eyes darting around at the people around him, as if considering the situation. Then, he mutters "And you would fight them?" in response to Rem's accusation, before throwing himself into the fray once more. Even so, he looks battered. While pain is foreign to him, exhaustion clearly isn't, and his body still shows limits. It's unlikely he can take another hit like that.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    It was a bit close, but thanks to their relatively bad Armor Class both of your attacks on the monk hit. He is below half his maximum HP now, but made his first moral check.


    Together, they start their counterattack. The monks' odd, but trained movements confound what you thought you knew about martial arts, and it is becoming increasingly difficult for Starislav to turn away their danger. It's difficult to tell how much longer he can do this without dipping into his divine powers. Rem too continues to be pelted by the common cultists, though at least they present not nearly as much of a danger. Still, she notes that some among them are starting to smart up, trying to take cover behind what walls the camp offers and attacking from range, while only the most foolhardy continue to attempt and aid the monks' melee against Starislav.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Starislav faces attacks from the two monks and the mob of cultists. Your AC is already included in these attacks, so it'll only hit on a total result of 20.

    Talking Monk:
    (1d20+8)[16] for a potential (1d8)[4] = 1 damage.
    (1d20+8)[28] for a potential (1d8)[2] = 1 damage.

    Quiet Monk:
    (1d20+8)[10] for a potential (1d8)[8] = 2 damage.
    (1d20+8)[27] for a potential (1d8)[1] = 0 damage.

    Cultists:
    (1d20+2)[17] for a potential (1d6)[2] = 1 damage.


    Rem once more gets attacked by only the cultist mob.

    Cultists:
    (1d20+2)[12] for a potential (1d6)[6] = 2 damage.
    Last edited by Theoboldi; 2019-10-18 at 02:40 PM.
    Always look for white text. Always.
    That's how you do it! Have a cookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

    You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

  12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground
     
    igordragonian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    The last hit at Starislav meet with a heavy sound of "thock' as it hit a wall.
    "Your flashy ridiculose dancing starting to annoy me.' black scales more and more are exposed on his skin*
    He stop bothering to try and dodge nor block the monks. He send a powerful shield bash at his foe, and then a headbutt.
    "I fight for the common people. I won't let idiocy k'hurt them! Calm down, or I'll keep beat commin sense into your thick skulls!'

    ----
    *https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qim...3d76c595603ed2
    Something like that. I imagine Endurance is something like armnament haki from One Piece? In Piece it represent as dark slick energy thing, but for Starislav I imagine black scales.

    Fray Did (1d8)[7](7)

    Attck
    (1d20)[2](2)+3

    Damage[/rollv]1d10[/rollv]
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

    Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

  13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Merilan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Planeptune, Gamindustri
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    "If you would have children fight to goad your opponents into guilt, then I question your virtue!" Rem sounds rather incensed; she thinks back to the shapes she created during the battle at Big Foot Zu's mansion, and her beam launches in the shape of a phantasmal sword this time - just as non-lethal, but perhaps different enough to catch the monk off-guard. In the meantime, she's finding herself swerving to avoid the crowd's attacks; she looks towards them for a moment as she places a hand to her chest.

    "I would implore you to stand down if you do not have violence in your hearts...!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[7] to-hit and (1d10+3)[10] damage!
    (1d8)[5] Fray Dice

  14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Theoboldi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    As Starislav stops dodging, letting several of the monks' strikes impact on him with no effect, the two warriors actually hesitate for a moment. Momentarily their attacks stop, as their eyes size him up. Though they do not fall out of their stances, something about his actions has shaken them.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    The monks had to make morale checks here, but succeeded.


    "Show it to us, then. Your own Unfettered Will." one finally says as they step forward again, just in time to meet the bogatyr's advance. In an act of defiance that would be crazed coming from any other man, he does not attempt to dodge Starislav's shield bash, instead opting to slam his forehead directly into the hunk of metal and meeting the pain literally head-on. Amazingly, this does not seem to slow the monk down. From there, he twists around your own incoming headbutt, making it go wide.

    Quickly, the monks and several cultists move in to attack, each attacking you with all they have. In a rather frightful twist for them, many cultists end up simply breaking their weapons or hurting their hands on your steel-like skin, taking them out instead of you.

    Spoiler: Starislav
    Show
    These monks are tough. Really damn tough. Not nearly as tough as you are, but still considerably more so than you average human. You don't think they'd survive something like a breath of fire or being erased by your magic powers, but if you used some of your powers of Endurance to perform a focused, untiring flurry of blows, you may be able to wear them down more easily without killing them.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    An Endurance-based Divine Wrath smite could take out the monks non-lethally. Divine Wrath never misses and deals 2d8 damage to a single target at your current level, so it may be worth the Effort.


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Starislav faces attacks from the two monks and the mob of cultists. Your AC is already included in these attacks, so it'll only hit on a total result of 20.

    Talking Monk:
    (1d20+8)[21] for a potential (1d8)[2] = 1 damage.
    (1d20+8)[15] for a potential (1d8)[2] = 1 damage.

    Quiet Monk:
    (1d20+8)[19] for a potential (1d8)[6] = 2 damage.
    (1d20+8)[12] for a potential (1d8)[1] = 1 damage.

    Cultists:
    (1d20+2)[8] for a potential (1d6)[6] = 2 damage.


    Meanwhile, Rem's words just do not quite seem to hit the mark with these enraged cultists. In fact, in response to her words, one of the younger fighters, a boy of perhaps 13 years tosses an easily dodged rock in her direction.

    "Shut up, foreigner! I fight because I want to be free!"

    Several of the still standing believers give shouts of desperate confirmation, doubling down on their attacks despite the goddess' aura continuing to take out more and more of them by the second. Those of them who fail to resist it either drop to the ground in fear, or end up running away entirely, their courage failing them. Luckily, the hope infused within your magic should be enough to prevent any permanent damage, and by this point enough of the cultists have dropped out that only a third of them remain standing. Soon, they should all be cleared out.

    More annoyingly, the monks' renewed courage down on the ground leads them to meet Rem's sword attack in a rather unorthodox manner. One of them meets the blade with his bare hands, catching it in an effort that almost topples him over.

    Spoiler: Rem
    Show
    The resilience of these warriors is getting somewhat worrying at this point. Then again, it might be to your advantage. Your instincts as a healer tell you that if they can take blows like those from Starislav without flinching, it may be possible to hit them with a controlled blast of lightning or to drain their life force without killing them. This may be more effective than attempting to battle them normally.

    Even so, they physically still appear to be human. You would be wise not to chose an attack that would tear them apart.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    The monks look like they'd be able to survive certain forms of Divine Wrath smites. Divine Wrath never misses and deals 2d8 damage to a single target at your current level, so it may be worth the Effort.


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Rem faces only an attack from the cultist mob. Your AC is already included in these attacks, so it'll only hit on a total result of 20.

    (1d20+2)[6] for a potential (1d6)[4] = 1 damage.
    Last edited by Theoboldi; 2019-10-24 at 12:42 PM.
    Always look for white text. Always.
    That's how you do it! Have a cookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

    You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

  15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Merilan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Planeptune, Gamindustri
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    Rem regards the boy's words for a moment longer, struggling internally within herself.

    "... very well. I cannot deny your desire. I do not know the exact plight you suffer... but after the battle, I wish to hear from all of you."

    It has come sooner rather than later, perhaps; when people who she feel have the same thoughts and feelings of suffering at the hands of the corrupt and the wealthy wish for retributive justice. Justice without means of forebearance and restoration. Is she a fool? Is she naive? The thoughts have occupied her in the nights when she thought of Ming's suggestion and thought of a name for theig roup.

    She has to keep going, and to that end--

    "If you wish to witness my will made manifest, then...! Gather, my Divine Sword!"

    The angel raises her hand and conjures a focused version of her shining bolts -- this one in the shape of a glowing sword of light. She aims it towards the monk Starislav has been mostly engaged with, and hurls it down as she seeks to use its light to drain the energy out of the monk in a crashing blast.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll use Divine Wrath on the monk Starislav is fighting - I don't know if it uses an attack roll, but:

    (1d20+5)[21]
    And damage roll (2d8)[4] (not sure if I add anything to the damage?)

    Then, the fray dice for the mob: (1d8)[5]

  16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground
     
    igordragonian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    Starislav frowned.
    "By Ilya's neverending beard! I k'hope you will fight as gard your actual enemies!'
    He toss away the shield, draconic claws rip through his leather gloves.
    He take a deep breath.
    "I shall end the farce now, with my DIVINE WRATH!!" and send barrage of wild punches, that mock the concept of finnesse.
    It's an old Bogayrian view on battle- if you failed, you didn't tried hard enough.
    Attack stronger, attack more.
    More and more and more!

    Spoiler: rolls
    Show

    Sorry. I just afraid of messing up...
    I hope it is correct
    Divine Wrath(2d8)[1][2](3)

    Fray die
    (1d8)[3](3)
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

    Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

  17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Theoboldi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    The surge of lightning that Rem has fired seeks out the monk, easily outdoing his defensive maneuvers and striking him square in the chest. Lights flash as he twitches in place, the shock firing through his entire body. As this happens, the other monk turns his head in surprise, allowing Starislav to land several tireless blows on the warrior. Though he manages to recover and start deflecting strikes before too long, those that hit him still leave some rather nasty marks.

    Then, however, Rem's attack finally finishes passing through the talking monk. His entire body is shaking and slightly charred, and it is clear that he is about to collapse any second now. Still, he keeps standing, dodging away from Starislav for a moment to turn and address the lesser cultists.

    "Brothers and sisters, run! We will hold them here while you bring yourselves to safety!"

    The weaker cultists, who despite their outrage are dropping like flies, decide to listen to their leadership. Those most sensible among them pull back the more hotheaded ones, and those who are strong grab some of those who have been taken out, moving to run away. You could probably stop them if you wanted to, though. There's fewer of them than there were guards at Zu's manor.

    As they turn, however, the more talkative of the two monks finally collapses, dropping down on one knee in clear defeat. Though by all rights he should be unconscious now, his immense discipline and martial training is keeping him able to talk. "Very well." he says to you between hasty breaths. "You have proven your willpower, and that you have greater reserves yet. Let the people go and we will hear your demands."

    The other monk, meanwhile, maneuvers himself between you and the fleeing cultists. If it came down to it, he could probably hold you off long enough to allow them to escape unless you used your powers, but now that he's alone he has basically no chance of actually threatening you.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Since one of the monks is taken out and the mob is pretty much destroyed, there's no more realistic chance of these guys actually stopping you. The talking monk is at 0 HP, but able to stay conscious due to his lesser strive training.

    The combat is over for now, though if you wish you can have your characters try and round up the remaining cultists with a power, or just declare that you take the time to beat up the remaining monk. He poses too little of a threat, so there's no point in actually playing out another full combat with him.
    Always look for white text. Always.
    That's how you do it! Have a cookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

    You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

  18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Merilan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Planeptune, Gamindustri
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    Rem sighs very softly as she drops from the sky, her wings still outspread as her defences remain active. She looks to Starislav to check on how he's doing, and will mend him if the Bogatyr needs it.

    There is a frown, however, as she lets the lesser cultists go.

    "You still intend to treat us as villains, when we made no motion to seek harm to your charges," she grumbles. She lowers her head. "If that anger is truly the will of your people, then I cannot in good conscience coerce them otherwise."

    She lifts her head and remarks, urging the monk interposing himself between them and the mob, "Please let us speak to your Golden Lord regarding our common enemy, though our methods differ. I still do not believe we need to be fighting one another. I abhor violence, and I would rather not harm you."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Rem isn't going to pursue the lesser cultists, since that wasn't her plan in the first place; if the monk interposing them continues attacking she'll begrudingly fight, but that's about it. Also, if Starislav is badly wounded she'll use Merciful Gaze on him.
    Last edited by Merilan; 2019-11-02 at 02:05 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground
     
    igordragonian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    "I won't pursue pitiful commoners, as I said, I fight to defend them. Even if I grasp reality.'
    Starislav pant, turn away, covering his face.
    "Damn you, for forcing me of letting so much of the beast out. Your fancy girly dance, were annoying to deal with!"

    Inside his head three voices growl and demand of him to destory and kill
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

    Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

  20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Theoboldi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    Uninhibited by you, the cultists scatter into the woods, soon disappearing behind the foliage. It's not the most gracious retreat, but most of them just look happy to get away with their freedom and lives intact. Meanwhile, the two monks keep watching you, neither really relaxing even after their flock has gotten themselves to safety.

    Finally, the downed one takes a moment to gather his breath. His intakes come hastily and stuttering, signs of someone who has pushed his body to the very limits. Offering you his surrender earlier must have already taken much out of him. "....You brought that beast here.....and insisted on insulting our lord." he gasps, before closing his eyes and furrowing his brows for a moment as he gathers his willpower. When he opens them again, his words sound more focused.

    "We could not have trusted you. But you did go out of your way to spare all of us......" Staring up at you, he hesitates. Clearly, he is pondering whether he can believe you. Several seconds pass before he makes a decision. "Come here again tomorrow if you wish to meet the Golden Lord. I will not promise anything, but we will bring news of what you did and your demands to him. Your will clearly is strong, and we shall respect that."
    Always look for white text. Always.
    That's how you do it! Have a cookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

    You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

  21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Merilan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Planeptune, Gamindustri
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    "Starislav is not a beast. He struggles with an intense battle within him, and I have fervent faith that he will overcome it," Rem quietly expresses. "But I will bear your grievances. My apologies."

    She bows her head softly, before pausing towards the monk when he decides that they would be able to come again tomorrow. "I thank you for your consideration. My name is Rem, and I was in life a healer of the Merciful Hand. Please also relay to your people that if they are in need of healing and mending, that I shall do so." She looks towards Starislav and says, "If we move fast, we should still be able to do something about Magistrate Li's men and their looting."

    She's not certain if they would be on time - they took quite a lot of time and they might not be in shape to do more today, but hopefully with the aid of the Redeemers, they will be able to do something.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'd say we could try seeing if we can take care of Li's men next, since that's something possibly we could do on the way?

  22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground
     
    igordragonian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    Starislav nod, growl, looking away, trying to force his human skin on again.
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

    Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

  23. - Top - End - #233
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Theoboldi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    The two monks relax a little as you agree to their terms, still cautious but not entirely on edge anymore. Glancing at Starislav, the more talkative of the two says "He certainly has the will to keep his control. Let's see whether he has the strength to see it through, then." After pausing for a moment, he then adds "You'd best discuss anything further with our master tomorrow. We have got our own ways of healing, but we could always use more supplies. Food especially, but also weapons."

    The other monk moves to help him up onto his feet, which he manages with a faint grunt. "Anything you can do against the magistrate's men will reflect well on you. If the Golden Lord permits, we shall see you tomorrow." With that, they turn around to leave, one limping as the other guides him. Luckily, Perfected Woman Wen will arrive in town in two days, giving you ample time to scheme with this other godling. With any luck, he will be more amiable than his followers.

    Then again, considering the kind of teachings he has passed on to them.....

    As Starislav slowly but surely manages to return his skin to its normal tone, an act takes much of his focus, you too take your leave. You consider returning to Big Feet Zu's manor to stop his constables from taking the crime lord's treasures, but after a moment of pondering realize that after the time you spent coming to this clearing, fighting the cultists, and negotiating with them, they're likely to have finished by now.

    Two options come to your minds immediately, should you wish to look into it further. If you hurried now, perhaps by using your divine powers, you could ambush the constables en-route before they get back to town. Or, at the very least, confront them.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    For this, you could either use a miracle, or make a Constitution Ability Check to run fast enough.


    Alternatively, you could simply return to town and ask the redeemers what happened in your absence. Surely somebody will notice a haul as big as this one and keep an eye on what they are doing with it. If you had a means of communicating with them from afar, you could even arrange an ambush or some sort of subterfuge.

    Or perhaps other ideas will hit you after a moment of thinking? Right now, the choice is yours.
    Always look for white text. Always.
    That's how you do it! Have a cookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

    You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

  24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground
     
    igordragonian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    "I feel like smashing more k'heads today, k'how about you Sodarinia*"?' Starislav ask with a.more beastly grin then usual.



    ----
    *It's sort of "Mlady". In Three Muskeeters in russians this how noble women called in comversations. Thoigh, Rem might not understand
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

    Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

  25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Merilan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Planeptune, Gamindustri
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    "I admit I first thought of exposing them in town, but I think there is some virtue in taking the direct approach. I have a lot to learn of protecting myself from you, Starislav," Rem smiles.

    The battle with the Monks and the cultists did give her something to think about, after all. She is Godbound, but that doesn't mean she's an instant expert in everything. She has a lot to learn, still.

    "Now... I believe I can fly there in time, but what about you?"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Looks like we're going with getting there in time! Would using Sapphire Wings be enough, or would Rem have to have a Constitution check too? And would she be able to carry Starislav if he has no other methods?

  26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground
     
    igordragonian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    ...I k'have my steed. If i'll use my wings... no telling what I'll. I don't think you k'have what to learn from a old beast like me.'
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

    Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

  27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Theoboldi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    Though her wings will allow her to bypass most obstacles on her pass, Rem knows that catching up to the constables is still a matter of keeping a good enough pace. Still, unless something should go horribly awry, she is confident that her new godly stamina will allow her to cross the distance with no effort.

    Starislav, meanwhile, considers the situation and realizes that with his horse and his own powers of endurance, he should be able to make it with no problems whatsoever.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Rem's wings do not allow her to autosucceed, but since they allow her to take a much more direct route she gains a +4 bonus on the check. This means that she would succeed on any result of the die other than a 1. Which would be a major case of awful luck.

    I must admit I completely forgot about Starislav's horse. Mostly because we've barely brought it up so far. Does it even have a name? XD
    That said, between it and Starislav being bound to the word of Endurance, we can call this an auto success for him.

    Come to think of it, he could probably take Rem on horseback with him. >_>
    Last edited by Theoboldi; 2019-11-11 at 12:23 PM.
    Always look for white text. Always.
    That's how you do it! Have a cookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

    You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

  28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground
     
    igordragonian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    "Budyony can carry me, and you as well, if you wish, Soadrinia.'
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

    Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

  29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Merilan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Planeptune, Gamindustri
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    "Next time," Rem promises. "I do love horses, and I'd like to ride more, but I want to practice flying."

  30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground
     
    igordragonian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

    "A race then?' Starislav laugh with sharp teeth.
    "The old beast against the young fairy! Material of tales!" his attitude... is a bit diffrent.
    Without waiting he lead Budynoy to gallop
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

    Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •