Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Celestia's Finest: So Long and Thanks for all the Love

Scomm, "Rose, is your Mage Sight spell still active? Midnight left her magical cloak in the cafeteria."

Everyone is uninjured. That's good news.

Love looks over the globe. Scomm, "Good job, Ace. An impressive feat."

Love rubs her mane. Her gaze shifts from the globe to Queen Chrysalis. Scomm, "That's a lot of wrath to hold." The idea of Chrysalis, Hiss, and Whisper absorbing Magpie's wrath seems like it'd be putting themselves in danger. She can't ask them to put themselves at risk like that. "Is there a way to use up the emotion?"

Thought will want his heart back. Magpie seems to be a good match for it.

The ScoutBot retrieves Midnight's spellbook.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elbeyon View Post
    Scomm, "Rose, is your Mage Sight spell still active? Midnight left her magical cloak in the cafeteria."
    'Yeah, I can keep it up for a while longer. Brazen and I will meet you there.' Rose is gonna firemare-carry Midnight unless Brazen offers.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

Chrysalis looks to Hiss and Whisper, who nod. "We will give it a try," she says, "Though I, of course, have no doubt we will succeed." She grins at Love. "All I need is a valid...target." She chuckles to herself.

While the three changelings begin siphoning off Wrath's power, Card Ace keeps making her prison thicker and thicker. A baleful eye, more energy than flesh, watches them with spite in its gaze.

Soon, the party is reunited. Vinyl and Question Mark, however, freeze when they lay eyes on Chrysalis. Question Mark's hoof lingers near his pistol and Vinyl outright lowers her horn in an aggressive posture. "So what's the scoop here?" she asks frostily.

"She's...helping," Octavia says.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Longshot breaks the seal of his suit and removes his face mask.

"Mrs. Scratch, I presume? QM." He nods at the spy. "Chrysalis and company are our allies. We're grateful for their assistance given how difficult we, and myself in particular, have made life for them recently. As you can see, right now they're draining Wrath of her power to help keep her contained."

Longshot turns to keep his eye on the draining process. For obvious reasons, he wants to see how this plays out.

"Good work taking out Midnight."
    Last edited by D.KnightSpider; 2019-02-11 at 03:23 PM.

5. - Top - End - #155

Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post
    "She's...helping," Octavia says.
    Rose chuckles. "Aye, justice makes strange bedfellows," she comments. Her cargo is gently put down on the ground and Rose waves for magic-inhibiting restraints.

"I gave Midnight a sedative to keep her quiet for a little while, but she's obviously not going to behave all day. Well, she might if I can get her to agree to such in exchange for protection of her book collection."

Quote Originally Posted by D.KnightSpider View Post
    "As you can see, right now they're draining Wrath of her power to help keep her contained."
    "Is that safe?" Rose asks. "I mean, Chipotle isn't fatal, but I try not to eat it if I can help it."
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2019-02-11 at 02:57 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

There is a tense air about Love as Chrysalis confirms her willingness to go through with the draining Magpie. Love is worried about Chrysalis. She nods in acceptance at her determination. "I've been on the end of one Magpie's rage induced conversations and survived." Love lobs a soft volunteer for being the target. Chrysalis may have different ideas, but Love wants her offer in the air. Chrysalis can do this! Love wants her to come through this unscathed. She keeps her eye on the trio.

There are too many people off the network, and Love didn't bring that many extra earbuds. She switches to talking until the current situation changes.

Love steps between Rose's party and the changelings as an insurance if anyone has an itchy hoof. She vigorously nods, "We're all working together", in confirmation with everyone else. "Hey, everyone. I'm glad to see everyone. All of you have really had us worried."

Midnight gets a look over by Love before she turns to face Chrysalis again. Midnight is in perfect health. "Amazing work. Rose. Brazen. S+ material." She has her BugBots bring Rose two magical cuffs, Suspend Magery & Stun, for her forelegs and backlegs. "When she wakes up, she might be able to tell us more about her roommate." Love points to the cape. "The cape is over there. We're in the thick of everything, but when things calm down I need medical assistance. I've been shot in the shoulder." Red stains her leg's coat underneath her transparent armor.

Rose's comment has Love watching Chrysalis intently. She searches for signs that draining needs to stop.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2019-02-11 at 04:08 PM.

7. - Top - End - #157

Rose will give the magical restraints to Question Mark so she can look at Love's injury. "Here, put these on Midnight."

"You wanna doff some of that armor so I can sew you back up?" she asks Love.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

Vinyl turns to him and rears on her hind hooves, a forehoof to her chest. "The one and only," she says proudly, "But I also answer to 'Bass Master', 'Rockin' Hottie', and a lotta others."

Octavia makes use of the one expression available to her and rolls her eyes. "Yes, you are very special."

"I super am!" Vinyl agrees. Even with Chrysalis in the room, being reunited makes it so neither of them can stay sad for long.

Chrysalis does not remember the background ponies, so she ignores them and continues at her task. The glow of Wrath's globe has dimmed a bit.

Question Mark nods to Longshot, takes the cuffs from Rose, and further trusses up Midnight.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

The timing could be worse. Chrysalis is handling herself well. They are surrounded by allies.

Love delays for a second. "You can have my back. Stop the bleeding. The rest will take too long." If Rose is going to use a bandage spray, Love opens the back of her armor. The articulated plates of metal-matrix composites with an inner layer of reflex armor fold away to reveal her shoulder and spine. Love elects to keep her helmet on as she continues looking elsewhere.

The wound betrays Love's pony nature. The shot is a solid hit by handgun standards, but the LoveBot seems minimally affected. Her coat and tissue gave more resistance than expected, slowing the bullet. If the bullet did reach her bone, it was stopped by her superpony bone strength. Love sits there on the cutting edge of pony-like robotics and SCIENCE! There is no way Rose could mistake Love for a normal flesh and blood pony.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Love doesn't want a 10 minute shock treatment.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    "Is that safe?" Rose asks. "I mean, Chipotle isn't fatal, but I try not to eat it if I can help it."
    "If they were trying to kill her, apparently. But since they're only trying to incapacitate her, I've been told it's safe. I trust them not to overdue it."

Longshot is still watching the procedure.

"I super am!" Vinyl agrees. Even with Chrysalis in the room, being reunited makes it so neither of them can stay sad for long.
    "And the original talk show host. Your reputation precedes you." Longshot pauses for a moment. "Now, if you'll pardon me being 'that guy', whose all business, what's the layout of this facility? What can we expect going forward and how far to either the security room or Hyper Thought's lab?"

11. - Top - End - #161

"You can have my back. Stop the bleeding. The rest will take too long."
    "You will be healed and you will like it," Rose counters in the tone a mother would use with a fidgeting child needing bandaging. She takes a full 601 seconds to administer field bandaging and application of magical healing. "Can't have you bleeding in that suit like a trash bag full of raw beef."

Spoiler: 601 seconds of TLC
    Show
    First Aid 10 minute treatment: (3d6)[11] vs. 21 (Heals +1 HP)
    Minor Healing Spell check: (3d6)[14] vs. 16 (3 FP for +3 HP)

(Part of the reason for needing to use up 10 minutes is that rose needs to recharge her EP)

"If they were trying to kill her, apparently. But since they're only trying to incapacitate her, I've been told it's safe. I trust them not to overdue it."
    "I just don't want our allies getting ill on Magpie's negative energy," Rose explains as she sews close the bullet hole in Love's back. "Concern as both a friend and medic."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

"Don't forget the magic cape needs analyzed before the spell fades."

"I wouldn't bleed out that fast. My blood isn't that thin. A light touch of magic should do it." Love will stop Rose when she readies to use her magic. Love will literally step out of her armor. Alright, now Rose can use her magic.

Love keeps watching Chrysalis. Longshot is right. They need to trust her.

The pain starts to disappear after any magic and a bandaging. Love takes some pain meds if Rose is alright with that. After the process, Love will start putting her armor back on.

13. - Top - End - #163

Once rose is satisfied that Love is patched up, she'll study the cloak.

Perception: (3d6)[9] vs 14?
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2019-02-11 at 07:52 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Call it off, then." Longshot replies to Rose.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Brazen unloads as many of Magpies weapons as he can, destroying them would possibly endanger the books and invalidate his promise. The LMG however gets carted along as unloaded or not it's to dangerous to leave behind. The ammo gets deposited in a separate room as they go along and they're back with the others. "Still, if it's gonna affect them ah don't know ah like the changelings gorging on anger. We need cooler heads for this."

He turns to Question Mark while Love gets patched up. "While we wait lets get ah few security issues out of the way. Hold still ah sec while ah scan ya for any surprises you might not know about." Brazen scans Question Mark, Midnight, then Magpie in detail.

Other Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #166

"Queen Chrysalis, are you and your guards going to be alright feeding off anger? You're not gonna like... go berserker mode on us, are you?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

Vinyl bobs her head up and down. "Yep. The Or-ig-in-alle! That's me." She tilts her head to the side, thinking. "Hmm. Ya got a map? I can work with a map."

Chrysalis' lips curl into a snarl for a moment and she doggedly digs deeper, pulling out more of the wrath. The heart's glow has dimmed to about half its original intensity. "That's enough!" she snaps, stepping back. The two other changelings glare, but sullenly retreat.

The cloak is almost perfectly ordinary, except that it has a few enchantments on it to regulate the air temperature around the wearer. They will always feel warm and toasty, never too hot or too cold.

"Of course," Question Mark stands at attention for the scan.

A little, filly version of Twilight pops up in the side of Brazen's visor. "Agent REDACTED, AKA Question Mark, of Celestia's Secret service. His wings are cybernetic, but he is otherwise a healthy, normal pegasus stallion. Normal being a relative term as he has over REDACTED successful missions to his name."

"This is..." The little Twilight pauses. Her face turns to a frown. "This is NOT Twilight Sparkle. All scans are reporting that this is Twilight Sparkle. She is a perfect genetic match for Twilight Sparkle. This mare is not an alicorn. Which is impossible, because Twilight would never lose her alicorn status! That would mean she's no longer the princess of friendship! That would mean something horrible has happened! That would mean...bad stuff!" The projection pauses before she hyperventilates.

"This is Magnum Pie, aka Magpie, aka Wrath. She is one of the six Anti-Elements, of which one other has been identified and captured. The others remain at large. She is considered dangerous at all times and unauthorized personnel are barred from interacting with her."

18. - Top - End - #168

Chrysalis' lips curl into a snarl for a moment and she doggedly digs deeper, pulling out more of the wrath. The heart's glow has dimmed to about half its original intensity. "That's enough!" she snaps, stepping back. The two other changelings glare, but sullenly retreat.
    "Sounds like a yes. Okay, well then, suppose we're done here." She levitates the cloak up into the air. "So, I can figure out an enchantment to keep you comfortably warm no matter the ambient temperature while wearing this. Can't see anything else on it. I guess the bunker gets cold at night."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Longshot shakes his head. "We don't have a map. I guess we'll have to take it as it comes."

At Rose's explanation, there's a prickle in the middle of Longshot's back. He suppresses a shiver and quietly adjusts the temperature controls of his suit.

"It looks like we're about ready to move out. Ace, how's your energy level?" He turns his head one more time. "Queen Chrysalis, would you mind if we talked as we walked?"

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Love says to Rose, "Thanks for the heal. Good to know the cape seems to be safe."

The map they do have is woefully under developed.

"How are your batteries, Ace? I have some extras in reserve." In case, his power drain supply is running low.

Love steps closer to Chrysalis as she stops absorbing Magpie's emotion. "Queen Chrysalis!? We need to dissipate that rage."

21. - Top - End - #171

Rose will wrap the cloak and hold onto it for Midnight.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Longshot mentally face-hoofs.

So this is how it feels to be Wildcat. He sends the Commander a silent apology.
    Last edited by D.KnightSpider; 2019-02-12 at 08:12 AM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well..." Vinyl points to the door the skeletons came from. "Through there is the elevator. Just keep going straight when you reach the intersection. I, huh, I think I've been down there once. Don't really remember anything about the layout."

"Neither do I," Octavia says grimly, "Though I know the lab is down there. It should only be one level."

"We know what's down there, we just don't know the layout," Vinyl adds.

Ace grins. "Aw shucks, you all worrying about me." He whips out a metal wand with a large crystal at one end, like a scepter. "I'm good. Used up pretty much all of my powergem here, but I've still got all my energy left." He clears his throat. "Besides, I...couldn't use a battery anyway."

Chrysalis nods, jaw tense. "Yes, let's walk and--" Chrysalis rounds on Love, a snarl on her face and mane filled with red fire. "I AM PERFECTLY FINE!" she roars.

24. - Top - End - #174

"Queen Chrysalis!? We need to dissipate that rage."
    "I AM PERFECTLY FINE!"
    Mission accomplished.

Rose quickly digs out a battery and siphons energy from it before the group moves too far ahead or feels she's slowing things down ((3d6)[11] vs. 15). She grips the charm around her neck and the battery, feeling that numbing metallic coconut flavor of electrons.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"At least we have a direction." Longshot tells Octavia and Vinyl. "That alone will save us some aimless wandering."

He nods to Ace. "Good work on the ice carving." He broadens his comments. "Let's move out. We'll let heavies take point. Any pony want to carry the unconscious Twilight clone?"

And Chrysalis' reaction was entirely expected. Longshot shakes his head. It was nice to know where he stood in relation to the squad members. They didn't trust him to work with Chrysalis or have a contingency for the Changelings post-Wrath consumption. Ah well. After all the mishaps at Down to the Wire, he couldn't blame them for their suspicions.

He'll let the others file forward and then fall in alongside Chrysalis. Once things get settled, he can say what he came here to say.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Love nods. "I understand." Love looks at Chrysalis, Longshot, then Chrysalis again. They seem confident. Love gives an encouraging smile and a hoof up.

Love has a few things she needs to do before they... do whatever they are doing next.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

Card Ace clears his throat. “With, ahem, all due respect, I should at least stay behind. Ice is only ice, after all. It would take one person with a flamethrower or blowtorch to cut through this thing.”

“And I’m not fond of the idea of dragging an unconscious mare, enemy or not, through a warzone,” Angel adds.

“I fail to see how those two are much more useful either,” Corby says, pointing to Vinyl and Octavia, “Unless you want them to stand in front and tank whatever bullets Hyper Thought throws our way.”

“I can be very loud,” Vinyl offers, “Very, very loud. And...distracting.”

“Point made,” Corby says, dead-pan.

“All of us going down at once is asking for trouble,” Green Pine mutters, “But if we split our forces, we could secure this level. Make sure nothing else pops out of the woodwork and catches us between a rock and a hard place.”

Chrysalis scowls at them. “Ah, I see what this is. You’re all cowards, afraid of facing Hyper Thought!”

28. - Top - End - #178

Rose lifts Midnight up and Firemare-carries her along. She'll end up at the back of the marching order since she'll be slower carrying a four-legged collection of carbon-copied pony.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Longshot holds up a hoof to quiet the others. One objection at a time, please.

"Let me confer and clarify a few things." He says. First and foremost, steps closer for a private-ish audience with the Queen. Longshot lowers his voice and the emotional walls that have been building the past several minutes. "Queen Chrysalis, you're right. Right about many things, actually. When the Pacification Protocol exploded and nearly killed me, it took my edge with it. I was rattled and lost the arrogant belief that I could walk into any situation and turn it to our advantage. I was rattled enough that I caused major harm to the mission and our relations."

He shakes his head. "Now that I've got my head on straighter, I can see that you were right about other things. Ponies have been hypocrites. I've been hypocritical. I've acted the same as Hyper Thought and Polaris trying to force change but thought that I was better because the motives were different. You knew it the entire time and it was masterfully revealed when I crashed your party several days ago.

"I used to think that the worst I would ever be was a mass murderer. Now I know the worst I'll ever be is a coward who draws a line and then retreats because I find myself standing alone. That was then, this is now. It's time to be better.

"And as a part of that, I admit that you win. This manipulative struggle that we have between us? I concede defeat. I won't try to outmaneuver you any more... although I won't let you walk all over me, either.

"I'm still afraid, but in a different way. Instead of being afraid that I'll be abandoned for not being good enough, I'm afraid that some pony will die if I'm not fast enough or a good enough shot.

"So there you have it. You were right. You win. I mean that."

He steps back and turns to the others. It was time to be better.

"Hornet Squad, use your discretion to secure Wrath and this floor. Watch our back. Our lives could depend on it. Octavia and Vinyl Scratch are with you until they can evacuate.

"Harrier, we're going to go shut Hyper Thought down hard. Heavies will take point. We'll follow you. Rose, are you planning on bringing Midnight with us?"
    Last edited by D.KnightSpider; 2019-02-12 at 09:47 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180

"Rose, are you planning on bringing Midnight with us?"
    Rose was two meters farther down the hall toward the elevator, which might not be much in the grand scheme of things, but when you're got the world and a clone on your shoulders...

"Yeah, I think her brains will be useful to us. We just have to convince her to make the logical leap to our side."
    Digo Dragon - Artist