New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Battle Royale LXXVII (11)

Battle Royale LXXVII (11)

Greetings one and all to this game, first invented by Calamity, then adopted by Zar Peter and graverobbed by me, Xihirli. It's a game of pure luck (and also pure deception, pure stabbing, pure backstabbing and pure charisma).

Here are the rules:

1)
    Every player has to choose a class before the game and starts with 40HP ("Life Points"). If a player doesn't choose a class I will distribute it randomly for them before the beginning of the game.

2)
    I will roll a d20 (100-sided die) for initiative for everyone at the start of each round. If the initiative is equal for two or more player there will be an additional dice roll to determine who comes first (d20).

3)
    Every player will have a normal attack that deals 1d10 (one twelve-sided die) damage.

4)
    There are 14 classes (if you have suggestions for others I am willing to hear them!).

5)
    The classes each have their own special abilities, which will be listed below. Each ability can only be used once every 3 rounds! (So if you use it in round #1 you can't use it until round #4.) The Monk ability Pray, Barbarian ability Rage, Cleric ability Blessing and Mage ability Ice Patch are exceptions and can only be used every 5 rounds.

6)
    You choose your action each round, whether you're just gonna attack with your normal attack or use one of your special abilities or go into defensive stance (see rule 7). You send me these actions in PM's.

7)
    If a player gets hit in one round they can choose to defend themself in the next round. Defending gives the hurt player a damage reduction on every attack against them equal to half the HP they lost in the last round (rounded in a direction). Defending players cannot attack. Defensive stance also needs to be announced in PM.

8)
    You can be healed past 40HP, to a maximum of 60 Life Points.

9)
    If you don't act during a round, the inactivity demon will come in and deal Xd6 (X four-sided dice) of damage to you. The "X" variable is equal to the numbered name of the round we are on.

10)
    You will have roughly 48 hours to pm your actions. The day is over when I announce in-thread that the day is over. If I mistake the time and end the day before 48 hours have passed since the last round ended you have the right to point out my mistake and humiliate me openly as long as you apologize afterwards. Alternatively, you can declare your action to me in PM. Note that you cannot do both.

11)
    Disregard rules 1-10.

12) Disregard rule 11.

Here are the classes and the special abilities:

Swordsperson:
    Swordspersonship: Do 1d20+8 damage to any target
    Counterattack: Do 1d20 damage to anyone who attacks the Swordsperson. You still take full damage from the attack.

Wizard:
    Barrier: Deal 1d10 damage to anyone who attacks the casting Wizard. Halve all damage this round.
    Dispel: No special ability can affect the Wizard this turn.

Rogue:
    Hide: Cannot be targeted until the next round, by harm or boon.
    Sneak Attack: Deal 1d20+10 damage to target if the target used a special ability this turn.

Archer:
    Rapid Shot: Deal 1d12+5 damage to two targets.
    Aim: Choose a target. Next turn at Initiative 102, deal 1d20+5 damage to chosen target while forfeiting your action. This ability cannot be affected by other abilities such as Pray.

Monk:
    Pray: Starting at Initiative Count 99, damage done to the praying monk is halved, but damage dealt by the praying monk is also halved (rounded in a direction). This lasts for 3 rounds.
    Throw: Make one player collide with another, both taking 1d10 damage. The targets also have a 40% chance of losing their next action (There are ellipses here).

Cleric:
    Heal: 1d10 hp is granted to target.
    Blessing: Make the target gain +5 damage to all attacks for 3 rounds.

Ninja:
    First Strike: This is the same as a regular attack except that it will always go first (Initiative 100).
    Last Strike: This is the same as a regular attack except that it will always go last (Initiative -1). This strike can target people based not on name but on any clearly-described criteria, such as remaining Life Points.

Sorcerer/Sorceress:
    Fireball: Select an initiative value. Everyone within 2 initiative of that value will take 1d10 damage.
    Energy Bolt: Deal 2d8 (one sixteen-sided die) damage and cause your target to take their next action at Initiative 0

Barbarian:
    Rage: An enraged attack that deals 1d20 damage. For the next three rounds the barbarian gets +1 damage to all attacks for every time the barbarian is attacked or takes damage
    Taunt: Targeted player cannot use special abilities for their next 2 actions.

Mage:
    Freeze Ray: Deal 1d12 to the target and freeze them, making them lose their next action.
    Ice Patch: Select a initiative value. For 3 rounds, everyone who acts within 2 initiative of that value has their initiative lowered by 5 during the rounds they act within this range. You are not affected by this effect.

Psychic:
    Premonition: Acts at Initiative 101: Choose a target of your choice, any attack or ability that they use on you this round has no effect, Cannot avoid Aim.
    Confuse: The target of the target player's next action is chosen at random. It cannot be you.

Druid:
    Entangle: Select an initiative value. Everyone within 1 initiative of that value loses their next action.
    Animal Companion: You may either deal 1d20+5 damage to a target, or have your Animal companion absorb all damage that would be dealt to you this round. If the damage exceeds 20, lose the ability to use your animal companion.

Mime:
    Quick Mimic: You copy the action of the person who acts right before you in initiative (if it's a tie, you can choose out of those who have tied for that initiative). You can choose your target with this type of mimicry.
    Mimic: You copy the action and target of any other player.

Scimitar-Chucker
    Scimitar Spin: Target your own initiative value. Everyone within 4 initiative of that value (including yourself) will take 1d10 damage.
    I can't feel pain anymore: Halve all damage done to you. You can make two attacks, or attack and scimitar spin, next round.

If you have questions or suggestions feel free to shoot me a PM.

Sign ups should be open for a good amount of time, I intend for the game to start on Wednesday, 13th February 2019.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2022-02-08 at 01:07 PM.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Battle Royale LXXVII (11)

Woo! I'll finally get to try one of these out. Let's try a nice, safe Cleric.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

This games sounds like a riot! I shall be playing as a Psychic, more because I like the theme rather than its power. I do have some questions regarding the rules though.

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    3)Every player will have a normal attack that deals 1d10 (one twelve-sided die) damage.

9) If you don't act during a round, the inactivity demon will come in and deal Xd6 (X four-sided dice) of damage to you. The "X" variable is equal to the numbered name of the round we are on.
    Do you see the problem with the bolded sections above? I am not quite sure which die to roll in either of these cases.

And a further question: If my character uses a special action on their turn, then can they still make their normal attack? My first reaction would be no, but in rule 7 it mentions how "Defending players cannot attack", implying that if they didn't take the Defend action the attack would have automatically happened, and in rule 5 it has no such clause of barring attacks when a power is used. Perhaps this is just a typo, but I find it weird that you would bring up how Defending players couldn't attack if they couldn't ever due so in the first place due to the fact that only one action can be taken per turn.
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

My D&D 5e Homebrew Content

The Necronomicon. An >30 Page Cthulhu Mythos Supplement

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

Check here for my extended homebrew signature!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Ignore my parentheses they are incorrect except for the title one.

No, you cannot. The "defending characters cannot attack" is a change that I have made from the older games which is why it is called out specifically.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I am interested in joining. I shall play the mime class for shenanigans.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

What happened to a bunch of the other classes that got play-tested?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

I'm still kinda on training wheels so I'm keeping it a bit simpler.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

I'll be honest I am down for playing with only three people seems interesting actually. Are the three people who've signed up for the game also good with that?
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

Oh, I'll join.

- - - Updated - - -

Give me a random class, please.

- - - Updated - - -

1d10 (one twelve-sided die) damage.
    Uh................. Oh, I see someone already pointed that out.
    Last edited by Tris; 2019-02-12 at 02:47 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

I'll be honest I am down for playing with only three people seems interesting actually. Are the three people who've signed up for the game also good with that?
    Logic, Flatfooted, Aerdoth, Argon and me, Requilac, in a battle royale sounds like something that shall be great, at least at first sight*. Even mind* blowing you could say. You shouldn’t need to wrack your brain* to see how excellent this will be. The fact that you are starting this game is quite a sight for sore eyes*. Our enthusiasm shall make a self-fulfilling prophecy*. I can foresee* only the best of things happening from this.

*get it, because I am playing as a Psychic.
    Last edited by Requilac; 2019-02-12 at 09:12 PM.
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Logic didn't sign up, I don't think.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12

I'm in for however many people we get.
    Show
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Well then let us begin!

- - - Updated - - -

Battle Royale 11: Start of the Game

Welcome one and all to Battle Royale ANEJWAVNEAF, the least sensical of all Battle Royales yet.

And our contestants are standing in their places waiting for the games to begin. And as I, the Narrator, assign initiatives, I need to know what your nefarious schemes are!

Initiative Name Hitpoints Class Action state
    17 Requilac 40 Psychic
    12 LordArgon 40 Mime
    6 flat_footed 40 Cleric
    5 Tanar Aerdoth 40 Ninja

I need your actions in the next 48 hours.
    Now... let's put the LAUGHTER in SLAUGHTER!
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2019-02-14 at 04:52 PM.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Round One

The buzzer sounds, and bloodlust takes the air by storm.
    Beginning the round, the psychic Requilac, wielding a mastery of mind, spiked into Tanar Aerdoth's mind, dealing 1 damage to her and giving her a nosebleed.

Lord Argon, the only mime with a noble title, watches Requilac's actions and copies them, dealing 4 damage to flat_footed and giving him a bigger, way crazier nosebleed.

Despite this, flat_footed, cleric of ________, is not in search of enemies. He speaks a holy word, and fills himself with righteous vigor. His health improves by 8, and he is ready to fight.

Tanar Aerdoth chooses her target carefully. She lurks in the shadows and sees that flat_footed has the most vigor, and so targets him with the Last Strike, digging a dagger into her side, dealing 3 damage to him, near negating the increased fighting spirit of the cleric.

17 Requilac 40 Psychic Normal Attack: Tanar Aerdoth
    12 LordArgon 40 Mime Mimic flat_footed
    6 flat_footed 40 Cleric Heal (Self)
    5 Tanar Aerdoth 40 Ninja Last Strike: most health

Round Two

18 Tanar Aerdoth 39 Ninja Can't use Last Strike until round 4.
    14 Requilac 40 Psychic
    7 LordArgon 40 Mime Can't use Quick Mimic until round 4.
    5 flat_footed 41 Cleric Can't use Heal until round 4.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2019-02-16 at 09:13 PM.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15

Well, not much changed. Balance has been maintained.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Wow, we are surprisingly horrible at rolling for initiative. What is the possibility that after rolling eight d100s, the high result you get is an 18? The rules of probability tend to warp when dice are present, don't they?
    Last edited by Requilac; 2019-02-18 at 04:22 PM.
    -

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, my d20 (one hundred sided die) is pretty wacky I guess.
    I'm gonna go ahead and start the next turn. Anyone who hasn't sent their action has until I'm done to send it.

- - - Updated - - -

Round Two

Once more, the sharks smell blood in the water.
    "Wait, we have sharks?"
    We tried to hire an inactivity demon, but they raised their rates. So we got the next best thing. Sharks.

The sharks are thrown into the arena and thrash about, drowning threateningly at you.

Tanar Aerdoth looks at the sharks briefly before throwing a shurikan at Requilac, dealing 8 damage to the psychic.

Enraged, Requilac points at Tanar and thinks hella hard at her. Tanar begins thinking hella soft and cannot concentrate on her next move.

Lord Argon had been watching that, pulling a mime chain downward while the others were fighting. Tanar, confused, glances at him.
    "What are you..."
    Lord Argon released the mime chain, dropping the mime anvil atop the Ninja and deals 5 damage.

Flat_footed stares in indecision about the combat, wondering what to do. Suddenly, he feels a sharp pain in the back of his thigh, as he is attacked by the stealthiest of the sharks, taking 6 damage from the discount inactivity demon.

"The sharks are dead. What do we do now?"
    I'll think of something.

18 Tanar Aerdoth 39 Ninja Normal Attack Requilac Can't use Last Strike until round 4.
    14 Requilac 40 Psychic Confuse Tanar
    7 LordArgon 40 Mime Normal Attack Tanar Can't use Quick Mimic until round 4.
    5 flat_footed 41 Cleric Get Attacked by Sharks Can't use Heal until round 4.

Round Three

19 Requilac 32 Psychic Can't use Confusion until Round 5.
    18 Tanar Aerdoth 34 Ninja Can't use Last Strike until round 4; Confused
    5 flat_footed 35 Cleric Can't use Heal until round 4.
    1 LordArgon 40 Mime Can't use Quick Mimic until round 4.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2019-02-18 at 09:15 PM.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18

Ok, well. I toss a dagger in the air to see were it will land.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

I have everyone's actions so we'll end the round early.

Round Three

While the sharks have drowned, they successfully made their point and all fighters are on full alert.

Requilac opens up the fight with a mind blast at LordArgon, who is gripped with the fear that he forgot to pay his taxes. This dread deals 7 damage.

Tanar Aerdoth throws a dagger into the air, reeling from the dual efforts of a psychic and a comical mime anvil landing blows on her head. She manages to cut into LordArgon for 1 damage to his Life Points.

Flat_footed runs up to Requilac and lays a hand on his shoulder. "You can do it! Don't give up! Believe in your truth!" Requilac's heart is warmed.

LordArgon spits up mime blood - which is like regular blood except imaginary - and looks right at the cleric helping the psychic who had just mind blasted the mime. Enraged, he pulls out his invisible gun and shoots flat_footed, dealing 5 damage.

19 Requilac 32 Psychic Normal Attack LordArgon Can't use Confusion until Round 5.
    18 Tanar Aerdoth 34 Ninja Normal Attack ??? Can't use Last Strike until round 4; Confused
    5 flat_footed 35 Cleric Bless Requilac Can't use Heal until round 4.
    1 LordArgon 40 Mime Normal Attack flat_footed Can't use Quick Mimic until round 4.

Round Four

16 Requilac 32 Psychic Can't use Confusion until Round 5; Blessed until Round 6
    14 LordArgon 32 Mime
    13 Tanar Aerdoth 34 Ninja
    6 flat_footed 30 Cleric Can't use Bless until Round Eight.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2019-02-20 at 10:20 PM.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

I am sure this should go without asking, but I am not sure so I will anyway: Flatfooted used his Bless ability on me, correct?
    -

21. - Top - End - #21

Yep!

#Blessed
    Show
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry for the late one. Crazy day.

Round Four

While none of the fighters bear any ill will toward one another, they do want each other dead.
    In that spirit, Requilac opens the combat by striking at the ninja Tanar Aerdoth with a vial of psychically-powered holy water, using the blessing of _________ to deal 10 damage to her.

LordArgon carefully watches Requilac's technique and nearly perfectly replicates the attack with imaginary holy water and no blessing, dealing 9 damage to Requilac.

Tanar Aerdoth, despite the attack on her, waits patiently, and when she sees the cleric who empowered her enemy healing himself to stay in the game (for 10 by the way) she leaps right past Requilac and strikes the cleric for 7 damage.

16 Requilac 23 Psychic Normal Attack Tanar Aerdoth Can't use Confusion until Round 5; Blessed until Round 6
    14 LordArgon 32 Mime Quick Mimic: Normal Attack Requilac
    13 Tanar Aerdoth 24 Ninja Last Strike: Most Health
    6 flat_footed 33 Cleric Heal (Self) Can't use Bless until Round Eight.

Lotta high damage rolls this round.

Round Five

18 LordArgon 32 Mime Can't use Quick Mimic until Round 7
    16 flat_footed 33 Cleric Can't use Bless until Round 8; Can't use Heal until Round 7
    13 Requilac 23 Psychic Blessed until Round 6
    4 Tanar Aerdoth 24 Ninja Can't use Last Strike until Round 7
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2019-02-24 at 12:23 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Round Five

Lines are being drawn, alliances being formed as mime and ninja, the most famous pairing of all time, join against Psychic and Cleric, the 17th most famous pairing of all time.

LordArgon immediately attacks Flat_footed, throwing an invisible ball of yarn at the cleric that does 1 damage.

Flat_footed shrugged off the yarn and slammed his head into Tanar Aerdoth, breaking her ninja nose for 10 damage.

Requilac looked at the battle between the cleric who had blessed him and the mime and chose to help his new friend. He jumped in front of the mime and held up an invisible wall that the mime ran into, filling LordArgon with doubt that he was the most powerful mime in the world. With _________'s blessing, Requilac deals 6 damage.

Tanar Aerdoth's retribution for her broken nose is immediate as she brings up her blade and cuts across flat_footed's gut, wearing away at the cleric's holy protections for 6 damage.

Round Five

18 LordArgon 32 Mime Normal Attack Flat_Footed Can't use Quick Mimic until Round 7
    16 flat_footed 33 Cleric Normal Attack Tanar Can't use Bless until Round 8; Can't use Heal until Round 7
    13 Requilac 23 Psychic Normal Attack LordArgon Blessed until Round 6
    4 Tanar Aerdoth 24 Ninja Normal Attack Flat_Footed Can't use Last Strike until Round 7

Round Six

19 Tanar Aerdoth 14 Ninja Can't use Last Strike until Round 7
    16 Requilac 23 Psychic Blessed for only this round now
    6 flat_footed 26 Cleric Can't use Bless until Round 8; Can't use Heal until Round 7
    3 LordArgon 26 Mime Can't use Quick Mimic until Round 7
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Xihirli, have you been including the damage I got from bless to the attacks? The amount of damage I am dealing seems to be too low for the +5 bonus it gets.
    -

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

I have been.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

It seems we were both part of the rolled a 1 club.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Together you are...

The Natural Oneders
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28

Meanwhile I've rolled an 8 and two 10s.

Abandon yourself to a higher power!
    Show
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Together you are...

The Natural Oneders
    Ehh, that is not the worst title I could have gotten. I shall accept it.
    -

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Round Six

Cruelty dawns on the contestants' eyes as half of the fighters turn toward the mime.

Tanar Aerdoth lands a well-placed shuriken in LordArgon's gut, causing the mime to double over in pain. If he had to put a number on that pain, it would be 6.

Requilac aims one last divinely-powered psychic blast at LordArgon, dealing another 6 damage as LordArgon begins to question: Am I a mime? What is a mime? Perhaps I was never really a mime, after all.

Flat_footed is not interested in dogpiling on the poor mime, often the butt of jokes and considered subhuman for the purposes of a cheap laugh. He sees this as a disservice to many members of a fun and harmless hobby only seeking to bring joy to those around them.
    He does hate ninjas, though, so he uses his holy punch to deal 1 damage to Tanar Aerdoth.

LordArgon breathes in deeply.
    A mime is unheard, unspeaking, unloud. With infectious cheer, in an invisible box. A mime is amusing, and lives to astound. Now say this together: I AM WITHOUT SOUND. My hands are both dancing, my fingers are flitting. I will not speak, not one line! I'm a mime! I'm a mime! I AM A MIME!
    And with a silent battle cry, LordArgon aims his mime rocket launcher at Requilac, dealing 8 damage to the psychic who tried to make him forget who he was.

Round Six

19 Tanar Aerdoth 14 Ninja Attack LordArgon Can't use Last Strike until Round 7
    16 Requilac 23 Psychic Attack LordArgon Blessed for only this round
    6 flat_footed 26 Cleric Attack Tanar Can't use Bless until Round 8; Can't use Heal until Round 7
    3 LordArgon 26 Mime Attack Requilac Can't use Quick Mimic until Round 7

Round Seven

17 LordArgon 14 Mime
    13 Tanar Aerdoth 13 Ninja
    10 Requilac 15 Psychic
    3 flat_footed 26 Cleric Can't use Bless until Round 8
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2019-02-27 at 03:44 PM.
    Show