New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Persona Q2 NA/EU Release Announced

So, two months after its release in Japan, we finally have confirmation that the rest of the world will get this game. The first Persona 3-5 crossover is coming June 4th for both North America and Europe simultaneously.

On the downside, it will be Japanese voice acting only with subtitles. Have to say, I'm pretty disappointed in and confused by that - Atlus has not done that for the Persona series in the past, and after P5 I'd think its current popularity really should warrant continuing to properly dub it. Kind of crappy to hear they're doing this.

But oh well, definitely looking forward to it despite that. Especially ever since the reveal that Minako (the P3P female protagonist) is in there as well somehow, I'll be very curious how that goes.

(Also, the thought of a Koromaru plushie almost tempts me to buy the collector's edition... almost.)
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Persona Q2 NA/EU Release Announced

Just saw this a couple of days ago and am quite excited for it. Anything using Etrian Odyssey's engine is a go for me, and PQ1 was all around fantastic. Seems I need to finish my NG+ playthrough sooner rather than later now (and get around to playing P5 that I've had since Christmas 2017... ). It'll be interesting to see what they do with the plot for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Dwarf Fortress would like to have a word with you. The word is decorated with bands of microcline and meanaces with spikes of rose gold. On the word is an image of the word in cinnabar.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    This is an image of Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses engraved in sandstone. Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses is leaving Trotknives. Trotknives is on fire and full of goblins. This image refers to the destruction of Trotknives in late winter of 109 by Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

I never got around to finishing PQ1, I guess that Etrian Odessey style gameplay isn't for me, I just couldn't tough it out when it got tedious, so I wasn't exactly looking forward to PQ2.

But now for some reason the idea of a Persona SRPG comes to mind and that could be amazing...
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wookieetank View Post
    Just saw this a couple of days ago and am quite excited for it. Anything using Etrian Odyssey's engine is a go for me, and PQ1 was all around fantastic. Seems I need to finish my NG+ playthrough sooner rather than later now (and get around to playing P5 that I've had since Christmas 2017... ). It'll be interesting to see what they do with the plot for this.
    I'd definitely recommend getting on P5 if you haven't done that one yet, since the P5 cast is in this one - and of course P5's a long game. And I mean, half of the fun of Persona Q is the characters from the different casts interacting.

Speaking of, I should re-play Persona 5 sometime in the near-ish future. Have the game fresh in my mind for Persona Q's inevitable references. Plus Joker getting announced for Smash already made me considering re-playing it just for fun not too long ago too...

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    I never got around to finishing PQ1, I guess that Etrian Odessey style gameplay isn't for me, I just couldn't tough it out when it got tedious, so I wasn't exactly looking forward to PQ2.

But now for some reason the idea of a Persona SRPG comes to mind and that could be amazing...
    So, like a Persona version of Devil Survivor? Or more like a Persona version of Fire Emblem? Eh, either way, I'd play that. Granted, I'd probably play any Persona spin-off if it was in a genre I at all enjoyed, but still.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2019-02-06 at 07:25 PM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    So, like a Persona version of Devil Survivor?
    Yes please. Or Devil Survivor 3, I'm not picky
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Dwarf Fortress would like to have a word with you. The word is decorated with bands of microcline and meanaces with spikes of rose gold. On the word is an image of the word in cinnabar.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    This is an image of Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses engraved in sandstone. Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses is leaving Trotknives. Trotknives is on fire and full of goblins. This image refers to the destruction of Trotknives in late winter of 109 by Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    So, like a Persona version of Devil Survivor? Or more like a Persona version of Fire Emblem? Eh, either way, I'd play that. Granted, I'd probably play any Persona spin-off if it was in a genre I at all enjoyed, but still.
    Fire Emblem or Disgaea. The latter seems better for how over the top Persona can get sometimes.

Also acceptable would be Persona Musou.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!