New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order III - Protecc those Smiles

Oh hey I have two tickets...let's see...meh a non-event CE...oh hey...gold sparkles...aw it's an archer. Oh it's another EMIYA. I guess he's NP2 now?
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    Oh hey I have two tickets...let's see...meh a non-event CE...oh hey...gold sparkles...aw it's an archer. Oh it's another EMIYA. I guess he's NP2 now?
    To be fair, NP2-ing a Servant is almost universally a good thing, as it enables Overcharge. EMIYA in particular, because NP2ing him immediately increases the damage bonus on his NP from 400% to 500%, and that's a DEF-ignoring NP. (Additional NP levels are less valuable, as they increase the damage by 50%, 25%, and 25%.)

I also burned a ticket, and got Poster Girl. Which is super useful for this event, and tactical otherwise.

I will say this event is annoyingly super-grindy. Some events are less grindy; some are grindy but still reasonably fun; this one is neither. It's an annoyingly bad look, and the dearth of event drop CEs (and I say that as somebody with GUDA-Os and Fate GUDAGUDA Orders from the prior run, plus my newly-acquired Poster Girl) doesn't help either.

It's a shame, because flavor-wise, it's probably one of my favorite events, but grind-wise it's easily one of my absolute least favorites.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Yeah, I really don't like the grind either. There are a lot of mats I'd like to buy, but it's so grindy that I don't even know if I'll have time to buy anything but the ascencion mats for Nobu when the best farming nodes come out.
    Not helped with the bonus servants being silver, so bad for farming.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah the lack of +Drop CEs is really galling. I'll certainly do the event nodes rather than farming embers for now, but I'm pretty sure the grind is why I didn't get the last Golden skull the first time around.

Factotum Variants!

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Fact is, the grind does accelerate as the event approaches an end. New zones open up offering better drops, and the daily one-off gives more points.

But that's, frankly, still slow and frustrating. The fact that I can't plow my way to the higher difficulty, better-drop zones now, and instead have to wait to farm it until the event is partway over, basically actively discourages me from playing the event. There is no reason to spend more than your base stamina on these zones - don't even bother with Apples until the better zones open up. An event that discourages people from playing is objectively bad. It's frustrating and bad event design.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

6. - Top - End - #276
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I'm starting to see Emiya's show up in everyone's support line up, and your unleveled skills make me sad. *Cough*neophoenix*cough*. There's some monster on my friends list that still has magecraft instead of projection. He's not on this forum or else I'd poke him.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Orc in the Playground

It's really salt in the wounds that i have to constantly refresh my friend list for the mlb ce's. I did it for like 5 minutes straight yesterday till i eventually gave up and just went with a non mlb one.

If i just go at farm like i just want the event ce's to drop the grind becomes a lot more reasonable. Heck if i can get 4 to drop, i won't even need to buy the ones in the shop. (must. look. at. bright. side. ) lol

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Invincible View Post
    I'm starting to see Emiya's show up in everyone's support line up, and your unleveled skills make me sad. *Cough*neophoenix*cough*. There's some monster on my friends list that still has magecraft instead of projection. He's not on this forum or else I'd poke him.
    I proudly have mines at lvl 52 with no ce (at least no event ce) on my support list. I kind of did it to show that i wasn't activley ignoring the event and that i really have nothing to give.
    Last edited by ellenate; 2019-03-14 at 10:14 AM.

Ellenate <--- Click for Ellenate webcomic, season 3!
    Ellenate Twitter <--- Click for pretty pictures.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Im really bad about leveling skills. Would vastly prefer to grind Embers then Gems. I can barely make the effort to get to Skill Level 6 on the ones I use a lot. Only about 4-5 of my major use ones have I gotten over that. I mostly check the skill enhancement page every so often and if I see an Available on a character I like, I usually do that, but I rarely go out of my way unless I really like the character.

However I'm in the middle of a grind in prep for SE.RA.PH. for Kiara where I want to get all her skills to 6 and a grind for Dead Heat Summer Race where I want to get two of Nero's skills to 10. The issue here is they both use Caster Gems. With those skill levels aimed for I believe I only need 49 gold gems and given how I have 34 right now I think its maybe actually possible. Of course, the temptation for leveling the multitude of other casters is an issue. Especially now that I invested in a Hans and a Nursery Rhyme and should maybe increase their skills too, especially given Hans is only good with leveled skills. Waiver being ok with only level 2 skills makes me lucky for that GSSR banner I got him in. 90% of Waiver's use is baked into his skills and doesnt require levels. Sure, more damage or defense is nice, but you really just want his NP Gain which is auto set.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ellenate View Post
    I proudly have mines at lvl 52 with no ce (at least no event ce) on my support list. I kind of did it to show that i wasn't activley ignoring the event and that i really have nothing to give.
    my emiya is fully leveled, i just have much higher priorities when it comes to skills so they are level 1. and unless i get a second emiya my go to AoE archer will still be nobu cause nobu just seems to do more damage than an NP1 emiya.

i suppose it doesn't help that i spend most of the down time in this game leveling servants for their strengthening quest's saint quartz these days instead of skill ups. thankfully most of the ones left are low star servents now.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2019-03-14 at 05:11 PM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

So I dumped a whole metric crapload of Saint Quarts (Like, 300 I think) on trying to get Okita. Got a whole lot of random crap.

Another Fion (hes at NP 5 now)
    More After Party's and Gouda Girls than I care to count
    Kiritsugu (so NP 5)
    A handful of decent 4 star CEs
    A bunch of terrible stuff

So no Okita. Much Sads.

However, today I went and looked at the summons to see how much quartz I needed to get a pull and I realized that I had 53 Quartz, cuz I apparently didn't use all of them, so I pulled.

Spoiler: I just clicked it
    Show

It happened, she's home!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Congratulations on your Okita! She is a cutie and deserves a good home.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

Congratulations on not giving up! She'll be at a good place, I'm sure. I used around 200 last year during the first GudaGuda, and no signs of Okita-san Daishori~!
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    Congratulations on your Okita! She is a cutie and deserves a good home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yael View Post
    Congratulations on not giving up! She'll be at a good place, I'm sure. I used around 200 last year during the first GudaGuda, and no signs of Okita-san Daishori~!
    Thanks. I went hard for her last year and I spent mroe money than I'm willing to admit to not get her. Just glad I got her now, and she's already level 70 and I got her an hour ago. I may actually have to do the bloody Guda event just to get more embers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground

Impatiently waiting for next farming node...​ Next node is finally a halfway decent kettle node.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

15. - Top - End - #285

NecromancerGirl

I totally ignored the Assassin Grind today, instead favoring to continue grinding the saber node, as I had a solid archer team that could do the last wave in one turn, assuming my level 46ish Nobu didnt die to the dragon. Mostly cause I was only using my team of event servents. However, I messed up bad right at the start, and used the wrong team on the Daily Points grind, basically wasting that quest. Not looking forward to the Rider Node as I only have 3 assassins of note, but one of them being Jack I guess makes up for the other two being Shiki and Scathach. Really should try leveling Koujiro or Fuuma some time. Them or Serenity. I got a high level Mata Hari, but shes only good for her skills, which I neglected.

16. - Top - End - #286

RedWizardGuy

Why didn't you withdraw? The AP cost is minimal.

I'm confused by the game, I got the second nobunaga to drop but it's not letting me np2. I can't even find the second nobunaga. This is weird.

17. - Top - End - #287

NecromancerGirl

Had a brain fart and thought it went away when selected not when completed. So in my head I thought "too late now I picked it and if I back out its gone, so might as well get what little there is."

18. - Top - End - #288

I'm confused by the game, I got the second nobunaga to drop but it's not letting me np2. I can't even find the second nobunaga. This is weird.
    The Nobunaga you get in the story is temporary. The one you get at 100k is the first real one. The others come at 250k, 450k, 700k, and 1M
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    I totally ignored the Assassin Grind today, instead favoring to continue grinding the saber node, as I had a solid archer team that could do the last wave in one turn, assuming my level 46ish Nobu didnt die to the dragon. Mostly cause I was only using my team of event servents. However, I messed up bad right at the start, and used the wrong team on the Daily Points grind, basically wasting that quest. Not looking forward to the Rider Node as I only have 3 assassins of note, but one of them being Jack I guess makes up for the other two being Shiki and Scathach. Really should try leveling Koujiro or Fuuma some time. Them or Serenity. I got a high level Mata Hari, but shes only good for her skills, which I neglected.
    i've been grinnding berzerkers cause it seems to have a higher average for kettles, and the 10ap and the berzerker nodes are best for gourds atm, and the 20 is still the best for the cups. the upcoming rider node should be better for kettles than berzerker.

also don't be to sad about missing an early quest since they will be getting much more points later. this last one had 6k base i think and they should climb up to over 20k base points

Current avatar by me

20. - Top - End - #290
    Orc in the Playground

8000 away from max bonding ozy, so i took that as a sign that i needed to try and np2 him.

I really wasn't expecting anything... got vlad.

like i want to save but my yolo's keep paying off. (he needs pages though... so i guess ozy's skills are going to have to wait a bit more)

Does anyone else not max skills to keep a servants cooldowns all the same? I plan on having ozy's skills 9/9/10 so his two skills sync with "protection of the sun god". It makes perfect sense to me but i never see anyone else doing it.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

Does anyone else not max skills to keep a servants cooldowns all the same? I plan on having ozy's skills 9/9/10 so his two skills sync with "protection of the sun god". It makes perfect sense to me but i never see anyone else doing it.
    Skills are mostly maxed because of the percentage bonus. I guess it is fine for keeping cooldown timing, Charisma and Imperial Privilege are at low cooldown anyway.

"**** if I know."

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

you should probably up that second skill and just wait a turn to activate it cause the bonus on going from 9-10 on that skill is massive.

Current avatar by me

23. - Top - End - #293
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    you should probably up that second skill and just wait a turn to activate it cause the bonus on going from 9-10 on that skill is massive.

eh, it's just +4% on atk./def., and minus 1 turn on the cooldown (which i'm not even going to factor in; using the skill without protection of the sun god, is just setting yourself up for disappointment)

if i was rolling in QP it wouldn't be that big of a deal but even still he works better in teams with everything in sync.

Skills are mostly maxed because of the percentage bonus. I guess it is fine for keeping cooldown timing, Charisma and Imperial Privilege are at low cooldown anyway.
    gameplay isn't really affected either way, so i guess it's just up to personal preference.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

4% attack or defense alone is a huge amount, this is both with another 400 hp on the heal which is a big increase for a heal.

Current avatar by me

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm back from watching Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel - Lost Butterfly, and I must say that the movie is pretty good, sasuga, Ufotable-sama!

I'm not going into spoilers, but I feel like saying how good is the development on this movie, and acts as a great set up for the third movie, Spring Song, which will be aired in Japan by Spring 2020! (so soon! )

Anyway, back on topic. I'm kinda slow on the farm department. I'm waiting for the Maharurava (Lancer node; bronze drop), Tapana (Caster node; silver drop), and Avici (last node, excelent for Guda points and gold drops), for which I'll go full on apple-mode.

"**** if I know."

26. - Top - End - #296

I'm back from watching Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel - Lost Butterfly, and I must say that the movie is pretty good, sasuga, Ufotable-sama!

I'm not going into spoilers, but I feel like saying how good is the development on this movie, and acts as a great set up for the third movie, Spring Song, which will be aired in Japan by Spring 2020! (so soon! )\
    Oh god it was so good. I had so many feels so many times. The entire theatre was reacting to the movie aloud, it was fantastic.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

Oh man, this event was grindy enough, but they tied the weekly master missions to it too?

Factotum Variants!

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

They generally tie one week of master missions to the current event. Which is good, it prevents you from having to do random nodes outside of the grind.

29. - Top - End - #299

RedWizardGuy

Finally, the first good grind for guda guda event drops. Farm your bronze tickets guys.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

It's nice that it also gives a fair amount of gold currency too.