New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order III - Protecc those Smiles

Man they weren't kidding about gudaguda being a real grind. I still have 1000 Mana prisms to farm and only a day to left.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Invincible View Post
    Man they weren't kidding about gudaguda being a real grind. I still have 1000 Mana prisms to farm and only a day to left.
    Yep, I'm not even trying that. I'll be happy to finish off the gold embers.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I've farmed everything I wanted, so I'll be spending the rest of the event getting gold mats for the mana prisms. If I have time left after that, I'll get some of those gold currency mats, but I have 70ish of them, so they're not strictly necessary at this moment.

4. - Top - End - #334

RedWizardGuy

Welp, that sucked. I fell asleep so I missed out on 800 mana prisms. Good thing I didn't need any of the materials right away. =(
    Is the next event, after maintenance going to be any less of a grind? I can't spare any more quartz or tickets (not a fan of most japanese servants). Not having any MLB CEs really sucked.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

New Servants

GUDAGUDA Meiji Isshin is up!

Good luck with those Nobbus and more Nobbus~!

What side will you be sticking with during the first three phases? I'll go with the Oda Shogunate myself.

Also, I rolled once with the 3SQ from the maintenance and got the 5* Demon King of the Sixth Heaven CE, which is what I mostly wanted from this gacha, so I'm happy now (the art is amazing, even if it's surpassed by the Brave Elly CE).
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Troll in the Playground

i was fighting okitas and traitorous nobus when one of the soul eaters in the new event dropped the hair from the lion thing... the heck. i mean i'll take it since i needed one more for caster gil's last ascension but these gudaguda particles do weird things.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

7. - Top - End - #337
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yael View Post
    What side will you be sticking with during the first three phases? I'll go with the Oda Shogunate myself.

Generally I'd pick Nobu, but TBH Shinsengumi has better drops by my count, with pages and claws I really need.

8. - Top - End - #338

NecromancerGirl

To me I look at the Damage Up servents then look at the enemy tendancy. Theres a strong leaning to archers in the event list while the one lancer is only at a 50% boost. The mechanics of the event lean highly to siding with Oda. Would need to see what drops might tempt me into fighting the Oda faction but until then the grind is just so much easier fighting the Okita faction.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    To me I look at the Damage Up servents then look at the enemy tendancy. Theres a strong leaning to archers in the event list while the one lancer is only at a 50% boost. The mechanics of the event lean highly to siding with Oda. Would need to see what drops might tempt me into fighting the Oda faction but until then the grind is just so much easier fighting the Okita faction.
    Yeah, the Oda faction is pretty heavily favored by enemy type. My frontline - which consists of EMIYA, Edison, and guest NOBBU! - has dominated every fight on that side so far. Also, that combo makes it super easy to charge NP, which means even the harder fights are pretty easy.

This also allowed me to see a 500% Overcharge for the first time, by the way. NP Chain plus Edison's Overcharge +2 skill means NOBBU!'s NP becomes the thing of glorious destruction it was always meant to be.

But yeah. I'm siding with Oda at first. In part because of the drops, in part because of class advantage, but frankly, I'm guessing (I haven't spoiled it for myself) that the interactions on the Oda side are funnier. Because, you know, NOBBU!

Also, keep in mind that Oda points are how you get Chacha Ascensions. Shinsengumi points are how you get Chacha NP. And frankly, I find the former to be more important to accumulate sooner. Or something.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I'll be siding with whoever gives me the most hearts.

I almost have a 10/10/10 Jeanne.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Also, keep in mind that Oda points are how you get Chacha Ascensions. Shinsengumi points are how you get Chacha NP. And frankly, I find the former to be more important to accumulate sooner. Or something.
    Chacha has a big damage boost, so raising her level first makes sense.

I felt bad for making Okita cry after choosing the Oda Bakufu, but being fair, she didn't come to my Chaldea after my 200~ SQ last year, so Equivalent Exchange I guess.

"**** if I know."

12. - Top - End - #342
    Orc in the Playground

played all the way up until the end yesterday and still got no ce drop. no mlb for me, off to the second archive with the guda-o!

got a ce drop the first day for this event... i should just accept that my ce luck is garbage.

Ellenate <--- Click for Ellenate webcomic, season 3!
    Ellenate Twitter <--- Click for pretty pictures.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I felt bad for making Okita cry after choosing the Oda Bakufu, but being fair, she didn't come to my Chaldea after my 200~ SQ last year, so Equivalent Exchange I guess.
    M-make Okita cry?

I... I don't think I can go through with this. I've done many things in Fate GO. Many terrible things, all for the sake of humanity. But this? How could I live with myself after that?

14. - Top - End - #344
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah for those who want to side with Okita it might be a good idea to grab full ascension Chacha first from Nobu's side so they have a good servant with a huge damage boost that isn't Cu.

I would never betray Nobu though.

On a side note i always find it really strange that Sengoku era history stuff lists people's names family name first when it wasn't until a bit after the last unification war that they started using that naming system.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

15. - Top - End - #345

My loyalty can be bought. Specifically, it can be bought with gears and pages. I figure my plan is to side with the Shinsengumi and hope Nobu wins overall to balance out my points. Chacha is cool and all, but I'm wondering if I'd be better off pushing Nobu higher (at L60 now from the last event's golds) than trying to level her during the event.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

16. - Top - End - #346

So apparently, joining this event late causes you to miss out on things. I wish I had known this a few days ago, I could have made time for it. Instead now I'm having to play catch-up after missing the first two battles.
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post
    So apparently, joining this event late causes you to miss out on things. I wish I had known this a few days ago, I could have made time for it. Instead now I'm having to play catch-up after missing the first two battles.
    About 150k from winning factions, but because there's still time to farm the event, there's no need to rush it.

"**** if I know."

18. - Top - End - #348
    Troll in the Playground

And the actual farming nodes don't show up until after the story mode anyway.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

19. - Top - End - #349

NecromancerGirl

These random enemy rates for missions is super annoying. Neither the wiki or Lord Ashura's guide seem to admit that Saber Enemies are really rare. Drop Rates are useless if the foes that drop them dont spawn. "3 Saber Nobus in the Oda 80req giving a 41% chance for Medals" my butt. I am lucky to see one, and one foe isnt enough. Got a Scarab and a Page on the one run I actually saw a Saber Nobu. I once had a run of that mission I saw 6 Rider Nobus, the Sphinx and Helena. I know people will be quick to say "it gets better in the Epilogue" and supposedly it does, given the mission I want does list only Saber Nobus, and they havent designed a Caster Nobu, so maybe I will be lucky. But its disheartening for both guides to claim "theres this many foes" and then the event to do the total reverse.

20. - Top - End - #350

Did a single ticket pull in hopes of getting a farming CE and pulled Hijikata. Which is a little awkward, since I just burned all my Berserker gems on Nightingale. I'm kind of torn between being happy to get any 5* and trying my best to avoid thinking about the Gambler's Fallacy.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

21. - Top - End - #351

NecromancerGirl

For some strange reason, today's special art failed to load for me. Anyone else notice it was missing or did it actually load for you?

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

For some strange reason, today's special art failed to load for me. Anyone else notice it was missing or did it actually load for you?
    We didn't get special art today. However, we did get this: a combination memory game and photo generator. Take your photos, drop some April Fools-style Servants in them, shenanigan.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

23. - Top - End - #353
    Troll in the Playground

they must have decided that the hassle of doing the arts wasn't worth it.

Current avatar by me

24. - Top - End - #354
    Orc in the Playground

These random enemy rates for missions is super annoying. Neither the wiki or Lord Ashura's guide seem to admit that Saber Enemies are really rare. Drop Rates are useless if the foes that drop them dont spawn. "3 Saber Nobus in the Oda 80req giving a 41% chance for Medals" my butt. I am lucky to see one, and one foe isnt enough. Got a Scarab and a Page on the one run I actually saw a Saber Nobu. I once had a run of that mission I saw 6 Rider Nobus, the Sphinx and Helena. I know people will be quick to say "it gets better in the Epilogue" and supposedly it does, given the mission I want does list only Saber Nobus, and they havent designed a Caster Nobu, so maybe I will be lucky. But its disheartening for both guides to claim "theres this many foes" and then the event to do the total reverse.

Noticed that with the casters for pages, instantly lost all interest in farming mats.

Man the ce implementation for this event is horrible. The farming ce's seem very pointless considering how much you have to farm points. (unless you are trying to clear everything you're just wasting a spot for a points multiplier)

...that said

They all look so freaking cool, specifically the non gacha ones. Though i feel bad for anyone that put grails into oda, because she needs "Demon King of the Sixth Heaven". (nothing to do with gameplay, she just looks really cool with it. If i invested in her, she'd personally feel incomplete without one... and then i'd want it mlb )

The free ones also have better effects.
    Last edited by ellenate; 2019-04-02 at 07:51 AM.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

The good farming nodes haven't been released yet, so you don't have to worry about point or resource collections. Just play the missions how you like. I'm at 200K on both factions atm, just alternating between the two.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    The good farming nodes haven't been released yet, so you don't have to worry about point or resource collections. Just play the missions how you like. I'm at 200K on both factions atm, just alternating between the two.

It was just so deflating, recently i've been blasting through them with my buff squad

ozy
    s. a&b
    waver (friend)

s. a&b did near 200k on a single buster card, their np does 350k. I may not be getting as many points but it sure is fun.

27. - Top - End - #357

NecromancerGirl

I've been farming the second 40ap oda quest. Using MHXA, Emiya, and support Drake or Medusa. Been getting a ton of pages, a couple of scarabs and a few medals. If XChan doesnt die a trio of NPs clears that final wave easy. The sphinx is the trouble one as if it decides to double tap XChan thats my big single target np gone. But overall it goes well with 2 wolves and 3 Fortresses. I aim for a MLB Fortress if I can, hence my use of Drake rather then a Medusa.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Troll in the Playground

Man, super duper Mr. Hijikata seems to really hate swimsuit saber. he just kept attacking her until his crits were far too much for the defense and healing i was doing. Euryale was a very capable backup batter though and didn't attract the scorn of ultimate crits and while not as spamable her NP with the 6 wolves of mibu CEs and 2/3rd of my available buffs almost one shot his 4th HP bar and did one shot his 3rd.

Current avatar by me

29. - Top - End - #359

NecromancerGirl

Settling in to farm Medals and its already going well. In two runs I got four medals. Better stock up now so camalot doesnt have to suffer the rath of their summer king. Need a boatload for MHXAs skills. Not even mentioning maybe boosting Liz Braves skills. But for now they are the only two that need medals that I both have and feel like leveling their skills. After the even I'm back to grinding gold gems. Need 4 more saber gems for kiara to have all her skills at level 6. Then its caster gem spam time and stocking up as much QP as I can as well as embers.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

The Challenge Quest was fairly easy. I managed to finish it in 4 turns.
    The setup was Mash (WoM), Zhuge Liang (WoM), and Hijikata Support (MLB WoM); the back row was anything with a Wolves of Mibu each.
    The damage bonus Shinsengumi got was immense, and managed to deplete each HP gauge a turn, except for the first bar, where I didn't get any cards from the man too angry to die.

As expected, tickets got me nothing. A bunch of 3* CEs (not even event ones). I'm set up for saving up to Ereshkigal (I'm not rolling for anything except tickets in summer event), so using these tickets was my last attempt to get something before abstinence. My last try will be on sathurday, when I'll get the weekly ticket, wish me luck.

"**** if I know."