New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order III - Protecc those Smiles

EYE made Angry Shinsengumi Guy a breeze, all the damage CEs just melted him.
    Steam ID
    Chained Cambion Avatar by Elder Tsofu.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ettin in the Playground

I cannot wait to take my Hijikata in against enemy high stakes Hijikata..
    Cause the normal story one just melted before I could enjoy it properly.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

High stakes Hijikata was fun. Despite the three bars, he's a fairly short boss, being berserker.

Of course, you are a short boss for him too. Whoever wins, this will be a very short battle.

His main tactic is to buff himself twice, then attack once. If he crits, you die. If he uses his buster attack, you die. Every break bar increases his crit chance while giving you a bunch of crit stars.

Your best bet is to crit him right back. :D
    Last edited by Resileaf; 2019-04-04 at 10:51 AM.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I made a major tactical misplay that lost me the Hijikata Challenge Fight before turn one even happened. I merged my Wolves of Mibu. I was more interested in farming then doing the challenge quest, so I MLB my Wolves so I could jump right on farming. Now I have made the challenge fight basically impossible.

On the farming front its good though, as I'm swimming in drops. Just need 2 more Lanugo and then its just the Lore for item goals from this event. After that, I guess I'm back to farming Saber and Caster Gold Gems. Need 4 more Saber to be ready for Kiara, then 9 Caster more to be fully restocked for Nero Summer.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    I made a major tactical misplay that lost me the Hijikata Challenge Fight before turn one even happened. I merged my Wolves of Mibu. I was more interested in farming then doing the challenge quest, so I MLB my Wolves so I could jump right on farming. Now I have made the challenge fight basically impossible.
    You can probably pull it off as long as you have a Support who's also got an MLB'd Wolves, and I'm seeing a lot of Merlins with Wolves popping up in my support listings lately. For a start, you should have six Wolves of Mibu, not five, so you've still got 150% damage boost off that. Add the support, and you're at 250% boost instead of 350%, which isn't terrible. It's lower than you'd get from a Wolves in every slot, but you can stick some good crit-booster CEs on your front line now, and then go to town.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Orc in the Playground

even with a mlb friend's wolves with your own?

you could always get another as a drop.

Ellenate <--- Click for Ellenate webcomic, season 3!
    Ellenate Twitter <--- Click for pretty pictures.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    Your best bet is to crit him right back. :D
    *Bricked him with Double Merlin+ Musashi*

Yeah, that's one way to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    teleporting Hyper Nixon solves problems with Patriotism.

8. - Top - End - #368

NecromancerGirl

Well, after getting a Wolves drop and picking up the 6th from the points, I gave the challenge quest a try. Team was Ozy(Joint Recital), Waver(2030), Support Waver(MLB Wolves), Medea(Wolves), Cu(MLB Wolves), Mash(Wolves). Had the Royal Brand MC yet only used one of the skills.

Cut it a little close, Ozy and Wavers cleared the first two bars no problem, but Ozy died cause I was too greedy for saving my NP for a bigger bar, only to have him double targeted and die when he was at 200% NP and never having NPed. Medea cleared off the third bar with her instant charge NP, then died next turn, leaving Mash and Cu to handle the last 1 Million HP bar. Mash took 0 damage the first turn, Cu had his evade up nearly the whole time, and he polished off Hijikata no issue. Finished with Cu having taken only a single hit and mash at half health having negated an NP and tanked like the champion she is. I could have finished a turn earlier if I had remembered to use the Quick Up skill Royal Brand has the turn Cu used his NP, but I forgot it was a thing. The only thing the Royal Brand did was make sure Ozy had 100% crit one of the turns.

I maybe could have played better, but all things said, it went well.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Yeah, it's not a particularly hard challenge fight, but it's extremely brutal. Congrats on succeeding at it :D

10. - Top - End - #370

NecromancerGirl

Yeah, it's not a particularly hard challenge fight, but it's extremely brutal. Congrats on succeeding at it :D
    I then procced to wipe and use command seals on the dual points quest. Strange thats the one I struggle with. Team was MHXA, Emiya, Chacha Support, Nobbu, Cu, and Mash. I focus down MHX, but Babbage is such a tank and his AOE is trouble.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

To be fair, it does have a whole bunch of servants you might not be quite expecting to fight because you've been used to fighting Nobbus the whole time. I didn't wipe it, but I was left with Mash alone against Babbage, and I almost lost that because Babbage used his NP charge skill, so Mash ate his NP (good thing she had her damage cut skill active).

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ettin in the Playground

To be fair, it does have a whole bunch of servants you might not be quite expecting to fight because you've been used to fighting Nobbus the whole time. I didn't wipe it, but I was left with Mash alone against Babbage, and I almost lost that because Babbage used his NP charge skill, so Mash ate his NP (good thing she had her damage cut skill active).
    When in doubt, bring Gilgamesh...even if its a friendly Gilgamesh for most people.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

13. - Top - End - #373

NecromancerGirl

I had already beat it twice, but that third run rng went wrong for me, and the fourth was a total wipe again, but no command seals to salvage it. So i just went back to the other top rated quests. Have since maxed the Okita points, and am now nearly done the Oda points. Soon the event will be over for me and its off to Skill Gem Grinding and Ember Gathering in prep for two or so weeks from now. Unless I want a few more of the dropped items I guess, but thats mostly just Medals.

Plus side is the quest right after that total failed run, my Nobbu bond ranked up to 6 so if I had used a SQ, I would have gotten 2 back for a net gain of 1, but I feel its better that it happened without spending one. Lost me a Gallstone, but eh.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Troll in the Playground

tbh, for the points grinding i use one MLB wolves ce which seems to make the grind much less RNG dependant.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

15. - Top - End - #375

NecromancerGirl

Back to the daily ember grinds. Need to stockpile enough embers to get kiara up to a useful level when I get her. But im stuck wishing i had a character who was useful for saber days. Currently relying on LArtoria with Halloween Princess, Waver, and a support raikou with scope, and TamCat with MLB imaginary element. But due to LArtoria i cant clear saber enemies with reliability. And with no scope of my own Arash is useless. So 90% of 3 turn teams are blocked to me until the gacha spits a scope out at me. At least one of the saber days is on the same day as caster gems which i also need so thats fine. And i need more qp so the other saber day becomes qp grinding. So i guess it works out.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Troll in the Playground

i just got 4 event CEs to drop in a row from the double points quest... why can't i get this kind of luck on events that i need it. 3 wolves and 1 fortress.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm still farming in the event nodes, both for Bond and for gold drops for the QP or the gold statues. After the event ends, I'm going back to ember farm to ascend Chacha~
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Troll in the Playground

Back to the daily ember grinds. Need to stockpile enough embers to get kiara up to a useful level when I get her. But im stuck wishing i had a character who was useful for saber days. Currently relying on LArtoria with Halloween Princess, Waver, and a support raikou with scope, and TamCat with MLB imaginary element. But due to LArtoria i cant clear saber enemies with reliability. And with no scope of my own Arash is useless. So 90% of 3 turn teams are blocked to me until the gacha spits a scope out at me. At least one of the saber days is on the same day as caster gems which i also need so thats fine. And i need more qp so the other saber day becomes qp grinding. So i guess it works out.
    Point of order - if you have Waver, Arash will do fine. His native NP boost is worth 30%, and if you stick Halloween Princess on that you get to 80%. You can use either Waver or the Mage's Association Uniform to push Arash the rest of the way, and he does enough damage to clear any enemy type other than Sabers (and often even them!)

(I also haven't MLB'd my Imaginary Element so that I can have farm teams with multiple people starting at 60%, but that bridge has been crossed for you.)
    Last edited by Friv; 2019-04-07 at 12:08 PM.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

19. - Top - End - #379

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    Point of order - if you have Waver, Arash will do fine. His native NP boost is worth 30%, and if you stick Halloween Princess on that you get to 80%. You can use either Waver or the Mage's Association Uniform to push Arash the rest of the way, and he does enough damage to clear any enemy type other than Sabers (and often even them!)

(I also haven't MLB'd my Imaginary Element so that I can have farm teams with multiple people starting at 60%, but that bridge has been crossed for you.)
    I have a spare Element in my second archive as i was starting to save them up for a second MLB one. And arash has a +30 NP at base? Or only when you dump PILES of resources into a skill? I struggle to get skills past 6.

20. - Top - End - #380

BlackDragon

I have a spare Element in my second archive as i was starting to save them up for a second MLB one. And arash has a +30 NP at base? Or only when you dump PILES of resources into a skill? I struggle to get skills past 6.
    Arash has plus 20 at base and 25 at lv6. So he can work with a MLB Imaginary Element by himself.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Troll in the Playground

Got everything I'll need to max out Chacha, so now I'm farming currency instead of points. Shame I didn't get any drop-boosting CEs other than one for the lowest currency.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

22. - Top - End - #382
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nightwyrm View Post
    Arash has plus 20 at base and 25 at lv6. So he can work with a MLB Imaginary Element by himself.
    This, and also as a 1* character, Arash's skills are a lot easier to raise up than the rarer folks. That said, getting his Bow and Arrow Creation does require doing his Strengthening Quest. In total, getting Bow & Arrow Creation to level 6 needs:
    6 Archer Gems, 6 Magic Archer Gems, 2 Secret Archer Gems, 15 Hero Proofs, and 2 Seeds. You also need 370,000 QP.

Getting it from 6 to 10 costs:
    4 Secret Gems, 4 Seeds, 8 Homunculus Babies, 16 Void Dust, and a Crystallized Lore. You also need 2.35 million QP, so still way easier than what you'd need for high-level heroes.

23. - Top - End - #383

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    This, and also as a 1* character, Arash's skills are a lot easier to raise up than the rarer folks. That said, getting his Bow and Arrow Creation does require doing his Strengthening Quest. In total, getting Bow & Arrow Creation to level 6 needs:
    6 Archer Gems, 6 Magic Archer Gems, 2 Secret Archer Gems, 15 Hero Proofs, and 2 Seeds. You also need 370,000 QP.

Getting it from 6 to 10 costs:
    4 Secret Gems, 4 Seeds, 8 Homunculus Babies, 16 Void Dust, and a Crystallized Lore. You also need 2.35 million QP, so still way easier than what you'd need for high-level heroes.
    Well, lucky for me today was archer training. Took me a few hours and a couple of apples, but Arash now has level 6 Arrow Creation. Need one more Secret Gem then I should be able to rush to level 10.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

The SE.RA.PH event has been announced. It's a pretty big collaboration where B.B. is the welfare servant and it's pretty hard to obtain (or so I'm told by the tears of my friends who just played it on JP.)

I'm not really interested in any of the new servants (3 alter ego, 1 moon cancer, 1 saber), but if any of you roll for them, good luck and may the gacha be with you!
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Troll in the Playground

I will be rolling for the new saber. And i see each copy of BB is locked behind challenge quests and her ascension mats require you to basically clear everything. though i do that every mission event anyway but i don't think we've had a mission event with a challenge quest outside that one battle against darius III in the zero collab. I'm kinda looking forward to this actually.

Current avatar by me

26. - Top - End - #386
    Troll in the Playground

BB is worth getting just for being a Moon Cancer class and therefore strong against Avengers. But if it's locked behind stuff like challenge quests I forsee a few quartz being spent on revives for myself.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ettin in the Playground

So...this is an important note for CCC, even if you don't particularly have interest in BB, you should make a solid attempt to get her. She is one of the best welfare servants in the game for a variety of reasons and the rerun for her has only just happened now. So if you miss out on the chance to get her right now, you won't get a second chance for a very long time.

At the very least, try to at least get her in general, even if you can't finish her out. Also, I cannot wait to roll for alter egos and super buff BB! This is the most hype event for me that's not related to singularities or main story progression, hopefully it is kind to me..

28. - Top - End - #388
    Bugbear in the Playground

This event is legendarily hard. It's also got a storyline on par with a full singularity. And it has my 3rd or 4th most anticipated banner of this year.

I've been looking forward to this for a long time, and am really excited. I do have a bit of a conundrum though. This event is apparently a really hard farm and a full team of bonus servants is a good idea to make that easier. I have a level 1 Tamacat and Lu Bu that I could level, which would make things easier having Beserker class servants that grant bonus drops. The problem is that if I spend all my embers leveling them, I won't have any for BB and any new servants I might roll. Decisions decisions...
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

29. - Top - End - #389
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post
    I've been looking forward to this for a long time, and am really excited. I do have a bit of a conundrum though. This event is apparently a really hard farm and a full team of bonus servants is a good idea to make that easier. I have a level 1 Tamacat and Lu Bu that I could level, which would make things easier having Beserker class servants that grant bonus drops. The problem is that if I spend all my embers leveling them, I won't have any for BB and any new servants I might roll. Decisions decisions...
    Ooh, right, bonus Servants! Let's see who I have...

... so, Casko, EMIYA, and Lancer!Liz, plus the low-rarity quartet. Huh.

Well, better pack Ruler!Martha to go, then.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

30. - Top - End - #390
    Troll in the Playground

welp 4 star nero is a bonus servant so i really don't think i will many problems at all. i also have emiya, li shuwen, casko, drake, cat... why isn't summer tamamo on the list? she even makes an appearance in the event. also no assassins is a little annoying.

also stockpile of 200 golden apples...
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2019-04-09 at 02:47 PM.

Current avatar by me