New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order III - Protecc those Smiles

Quote Originally Posted by nightwyrm View Post
    A new friend slot opened up. Anybody don't have me yet? 938,030,873.

Let me know if you added me.
    Added you! I'm Keraunograf currently.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I have 2 hard quests left, one is Shiki, and the other is a repeat of the final dirty nun boss. What's the prize for beating her? Is this from me buying the KP free continue item?

3. - Top - End - #603
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I think the repeat is just for you to have fun to try and beat her with fewer KP items than you did. A self-imposed challenge you can freely take for no reward, basically.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Troll in the Playground

kiara repeat is just for trying out how few KP you can get away with or trying out different teams like BB.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

5. - Top - End - #605

I was really disappointed at what the last KP did. I was really hoping it did something cute and thematic and awesome, instead of just "You can use command seals to continue."

6. - Top - End - #606
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Manticoran View Post
    I was really disappointed at what the last KP did. I was really hoping it did something cute and thematic and awesome, instead of just "You can use command seals to continue."
    I was wondering about what the free continue item did. Definitely needed that one.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Ogre in the Playground

Yep, 6 Million download campaign is almost up.

This will feature a 10 part campaign that has a lot of content.
    Part 1 is daily login rewards, for a total of:
    Spoiler: Part 1
    Show
    >6,000,000 QP
    >60,000 FP
    >60 Mana Prisms
    >6x Bronze Fruit
    >6x Silver Fruit
    >6x Gold Fruit
    >6x Blaze of Wisdom ALL ★4
    >6x Hero Crystal: Sun Fou ALL ★3
    >6x Hero Crystal: Star Fou ALL ★3
    >6x Summon Tickets

Part 2 is 50 additional ★4 EXP for the Mana Prism shop.
    Part 3 is double chance of super and great success on leveling up Servants and CEs.
    Part 4 will change Void Dust for Fool's Chain for the daily login.
    Spoiler: Part 4
    Show

Part 5 will upgrade our Saint Quartz Fragment reward from dailies from 3 to 4!
    Spoiler: Part 5
    Show

Part 6 doubles FP adquired from friends.
    Part 7 features the third Hunting Grounds quests.
    Spoiler: Part 7
    Show

Part 8 is the Part Six Strengthening (Rank Up) quests batch!
    Part 9 halves AP for Rank Up quests during the period.
    Finally, Part 10 includes four new interludes for Jeanne D'Ard (Ruler), Helena Blavatsky, Vlad III (Berserker), and Brynhild
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Titan in the Playground

Having just got a smartphone and seeing plenty of fan related stuff to Grand Order, figured I'd download it and give it a whirl. Having a general level of fun with it thus far, not really being a huge fan of the IP from the get go. Any pointers for a fresh start would be helpful.

My friend code is 222,132,283.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Yes! Jeanne buff incoming! The Jeanne team becomes ever stronger!

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    Having just got a smartphone and seeing plenty of fan related stuff to Grand Order, figured I'd download it and give it a whirl. Having a general level of fun with it thus far, not really being a huge fan of the IP from the get go. Any pointers for a fresh start would be helpful.

My friend code is 222,132,283.
    My advice for a newcomer is to use the story supports as much as possible, the friend points they give are vital to get a healthy amount of low rarity servants.

Who was your free 4* when you got to make your first summon? If it's a good one, it's a good idea to build a team around them so you can have an easier time early on.
    Last edited by Resileaf; 2019-05-14 at 08:28 AM.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    Yes! Jeanne buff incoming! The Jeanne team becomes ever stronger!

My advice for a newcomer is to use the story supports as much as possible, the friend points they give are vital to get a healthy amount of low rarity servants.

Who was your free 4* when you got to make your first summon? If it's a good one, it's a good idea to build a team around them so you can have an easier time early on.
    I just closed the game but I got a few summons so far. Obviously the story ones, being Cu Caster and Mash. On top of that I got Alexander the Third, Steam..King or something along those lines, Marie Antoinette and I forget the other. I didn't get them in that order. I've been using Cu Caster, Mash and Marie Antoinette so far. I have a few other summons, mostly casters. I can post the fill list later today if you'd like.
    Last edited by Razade; 2019-05-14 at 09:22 AM.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I just closed the game but I got a few summons so far. Obviously the story ones, being Cu Caster and Mash. On top of that I got Alexander the Third, Steam..King or something along those lines, Marie Antoinette and I forget the other. I didn't get them in that order. I've been using Cu Caster, Mash and Marie Antoinette so far. I have a few other summons, mostly casters. I can post the fill list later today if you'd like.
    Marie Antoinette's an okay servant. She's fairly self-sufficient, so you can use her against most non-assassin enemies without problem. Plus her NP can heal your team and cleanse them of debuffs, so she can act as support as well. She's good to use. Not a vital cornerstone and not really someone you can build a team around, but a very potent support in the early game.

Since you're going into Orleans, level up and upgrade any assassin servant you might pull from the friend point gacha. There are a lot of dragons, and dragons are riders in this game, so assassins have a huge advantage against them.

Speaking of gachas, save your quartz for rate ups, don't use them on the story gacha.

12. - Top - End - #612

Marie Antoinette's an okay servant. She's fairly self-sufficient, so you can use her against most non-assassin enemies without problem. Plus her NP can heal your team and cleanse them of debuffs, so she can act as support as well. She's good to use. Not a vital cornerstone and not really someone you can build a team around, but a very potent support in the early game.

Since you're going into Orleans, level up and upgrade any assassin servant you might pull from the friend point gacha. There are a lot of dragons, and dragons are riders in this game, so assassins have a huge advantage against them.

Speaking of gachas, save your quartz for rate ups, don't use them on the story gacha.
    Likewise never use quartz for continues. Just wait a bit if it's too hard. You'll be glad you saved them later.

In other news, so excited to be able to Vlad/Tamamo/Tamamo/Jeanne/Mash/Herc for my perfect Arts team with my NP3 Vlad and NP2 Jeanne. You can really feel the lack of damage from the lack of +ATK modifier if you're not running Vlad/Tamamo/Waver right, but that not having 100% uptime on the defense buffs like Vlad/Tamamo/Tamamo does hurt. So Vlad getting +ATK on his Morph and then the fallback into "Doing more of the same" with Jeanne swapped in for a Tamamo, or for if Vlad dies just going into a Tamamo/Tamamo/Jeanne stall composition is going to be VERY strong.
    Last edited by Manticoran; 2019-05-14 at 10:06 AM.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yael View Post
    Part 8 is the Part Six Strengthening (Rank Up) quests batch!
    Part 9 halves AP for Rank Up quests during the period.
    Finally, Part 10 includes four new interludes for Jeanne D'Ard (Ruler), Helena Blavatsky, Vlad III (Berserker), and Brynhild
    Let's have a bit more detail for the folks in the back, shall we? First, Strengthening Quests. They're all NP upgrades. Here's what we're getting:
    • Billy: Increases damage and crit down chance.
    • Sanson: This is his second Strengthening. Increases damage and DEF down.
    • Medb: Increases damage and debuff resist down.
    • Astolfo: Increases damage and stars.
    • Sumanai: This is his second Strengthening. Increases damage, and adds +20% NP gen for 3 turns.
    • Serenity: Increases damage, and doubles Poison damage (from 1000 per turn to 2000).
    • Queen Boudica: This is her second Strengthening. Adds +ATK to her Overcharge effect.

With regard to the Interludes:
    • Vlad: Upgrades his second skill from Morph, which grants +DEF, to Legend of Dracula: The Succession of Blood, which aside from sounding thoroughly metal, grants +DEF even more, and also +ATK.
    • Jeanne: As mentioned, the long-awaited buff to her NP. Removes the stun effect and replaces it with a party debuff clear. This one is probably the biggest deal in this entire update. (Sorry Vlad.)
    • Brynhildr: This is also an NP buff. (Her skill buff Interlude will come later.) Increases damage and stargen boost.
    • Helena: Also an NP buff. Increases the damage, which now ignores DEF buffs. Which is actually super-useful.

I am severely stoked about... all of the Strengthenings, actually, as well as half of the Interludes. Seriously, this is the update for Arts teams.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2019-05-14 at 02:08 PM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

14. - Top - End - #614
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Sumanai: This is his second Strengthening. Increases damage, and adds +20% NP gen for 30 turns.
    I'm going to assume that it's a typo and it should read 3 turns.
    Because there's no way there's a buff that literally lasts 30 whole turns.

15. - Top - End - #615

I mean there are buffs that last forever, but I don't think they're in anything for NA yet, they get more crazy with what they're willing to do later.

So yes, 3 turns.

The Vlad one is particular to note is that it enables the period of the game in which Vlad is the best generalized Arts servant in the entire game in a lot of ways. If you have Vlad and Bride, or Vlad and Tamamo, you can run what is effectively an arts stall composition, except you're also pumping out 200k+ NPs every couple turns, and everyone has 30-60% defence up and a lot of healing at all times.

It's roughly comparable to Merlin/Merlin/Anyone, but for Arts. More generalized defense, but less burst defense. That said, also needs less burst defense, since they can actually do NP down at 100% chance every turn of the game as long as you can keep the Tamamo NP chains going for 2 every 3 turns, which is super reasonable.
    Last edited by Manticoran; 2019-05-14 at 01:12 PM.

16. - Top - End - #616

NecromancerGirl

As someone with a Vlad but no Bride or Tam, is it possible to slot in Waver or OG Nero in either of those spots? That lacking of Tam or Bride is the main reason I havent looked into Stall teams. I also have a Archuria if needed.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I mean there are buffs that last forever, but I don't think they're in anything for NA yet, they get more crazy with what they're willing to do later.

So yes, 3 turns.
    As strange as it may sound, it's easier for me to wrap my head around a buff that lasts forever. 30 turns is just a weirdly specific number. At this point, make it a permanent buff. XD

18. - Top - End - #618
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, it was a typo. 3, not 30. Fixed.

Although even if it lasted 30 turns, I'd probably still not use him. Because there are better Sabers, and there are better anti-Dragon (read: Assassin) Servants. And frankly, better Siegs.

As an aside, I think the longest-lasting buff currently in JP is Kingprotea's Huge Scale C, which lasts for 10 turns.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

19. - Top - End - #619

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    As someone with a Vlad but no Bride or Tam, is it possible to slot in Waver or OG Nero in either of those spots? That lacking of Tam or Bride is the main reason I havent looked into Stall teams. I also have a Archuria if needed.
    Waver can definitely help! OG Nero just doesn't do the same things as Bride, so don't consider them as replaceable. If you have Waver, you can go Vlad/Waver/Tamamo, which actually murders a bit harder, but isn't as consistent in the long battles as Vlad/Tam/Tam.

What other supports do you have? Mash is of course a great backup so that's one, but if possible you want 2 supports behind that for Vlad and then something like a Herc or Cu Alter to just solo-smash things at the end.

Blavatsky is actually quite decent alongside as a note, as Vlad benefits from all of her skills decently, and she does cause def-down.

Another one that's good and not thought about a lot is Mozart.
    Last edited by Manticoran; 2019-05-14 at 03:26 PM.

20. - Top - End - #620

NecromancerGirl

Waver can definitely help! OG Nero just doesn't do the same things as Bride, so don't consider them as replaceable. If you have Waver, you can go Vlad/Waver/Tamamo, which actually murders a bit harder, but isn't as consistent in the long battles as Vlad/Tam/Tam.

What other supports do you have? Mash is of course a great backup so that's one, but if possible you want 2 supports behind that for Vlad and then something like a Herc or Cu Alter to just solo-smash things at the end.

Blavatsky is actually quite decent alongside as a note, as Vlad benefits from all of her skills decently, and she does cause def-down.

Another one that's good and not thought about a lot is Mozart.
    I have a Bond 7 Herc, and Cu Alter, so that's the late team Smashmen on hand. In terms of supports, not sure who besides Mash and Helena I have of note. And Helena is only low 40s in levels. Currently leveling a NP 3 Medea Lily, sitting at late 60s. Also have a Irisviel maxed, as at the time of that event I had no gold casters besides a level 50 Liz as my phone was bad during the Halloween event, limiting grinding. I dont know if OG Liz or Medb count as supports with their Charisma skills being so good, but if the damage dealers are male Medb maybe? But that's a LOT of 5 stars on a team, restricting CEs heavily. I have a Marie Rider at NP 4 I could level, as well as a Martha.
    A lot of the servents I would need for a stall team need levels, which delays the team's use, but now is a solid time for embers, but I don't really want to burn apples on this.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks for the advice! I do have an assassin at current. My Summons are

Arash (Archer)
    Mash (Whateversheis)
    Marie Antoinette (Rider)
    David (Archeter)
    Alexander the Third (Rider)
    Charles Babbage (Caster)
    Madea (Caster)
    William Shakespeare (Caster)
    Fuuma "Evil Wind" Kotarou (Assassin)
    Darius the Third (Berserker)
    Lu Bu Fengxian (Berserker)

Also thanks for the friend requests to those who have sent them.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Titan in the Playground

[*]Vlad: Upgrades his second skill from Morph, which grants +DEF, to Legend of Dracula: The Succession of Blood, which aside from sounding thoroughly metal, grants +DEF even more, and also +ATK.
    MY BOY!! Finally! You have no idea how much I've been dying for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

23. - Top - End - #623
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    I dont know if OG Liz or Medb count as supports with their Charisma skills being so good, but if the damage dealers are male Medb maybe?
    Ehh... I'd say not exactly. Charisma alone doesn't make for a support role. Lancer!Liz is a bit more than Charisma alone, having both a +ATK buff and a Female +ATK buff, and a targeted -DEF debuff, but that's still not quite "support" in my mind. Medb, like Liz, has a sex-specific boost to her Charisma substitute. But again, it's not quite the same.

They're helpful, sure, but I wouldn't exactly call them support - or at least, that's not their primary role.

Arash (Archer)
    Mash (Whateversheis)
    Marie Antoinette (Rider)
    David (Archeter)
    Charles Babbage (Caster)
    Madea (Caster)

Well, here's a quick assessment of your Servants:
    • Arash: He's basically an NP in a box. Because of his stats, he's not good at most things, but his NP can basically clear the screen. If you need an Archer, pick someone else, but if you need to get rid of a bunch of enemies, that's what Arash is for.
    • Mash: Keep and level Mash. She's free and nobody gains type advantage over her. Also, her skills are great for keeping the entire team alive, and work exceptionally well with Berserkers.
    • Marie: Marie is a pretty straightforward Rider with a good survival kit - self-heal and Invincible buttons, plus a party debuff cleanse on her NP. She's durable and easy to use, but you'll probably get a more niche Servant after awhile.
    • David: David is a very useful support Archer. He has a Charisma skill, which is always useful, and one that heals the party and lets them all avoid one attack - perfect when you're expecting an AoE NP. He's pretty versatile for a 3-star support.
    • Kid Alex: Alex also has support functions, with a Charisma skill and a party Quick boost - useful in a Quick-oriented party. He also has a Charm skill that doesn't care about the target's sex, which is valuable. That said, he's not otherwise particularly niche, and specialization is something you look for in this game. You could replace him with Marie and not suffer for it.
    • Babbage: He's an offensive Caster. He's tanky, which is nice, but Casters aren't typically suited to damage-dealing, and apart from his NP use, he's not all that potent.
    • Medea: Medea, on the other hand, is a great Caster. Her NP - which she can spam thanks to her skillset - removes buffs. That will be significant in a lot of fights. And her third skill - available after quests - is really helpful for allies who don't generate NP gauge as well. And, of course, her Arts focus is helpful to an Arts-focused team.
    • Shakespeare: Shakespeare is also a valuable Support. His first and third skills can turn another Servant into an absolute terror, especially a Buster-oriented beast like a Berserker. And his second skill gives him solid survivability.
    • Fuuma: Fuuma is a force multiplier. He's not particularly valuable himself, but he can make his allies more effective with his skillset. His targeted Dodge skill can be a lifesaver. He's an option if you don't have other Assassins.
    • Darius: Darius is passable. He has an AoE NP, which is valuable on a Berserker. Golden Rule gives him better NP charge than your typical Berserker, and his other two skills give him decent survivability. But what you want on a Berserker is bigger numbers, and he lacks offensive skills to boost that.
    • Lu Bu: Lu Bu, on the other hand, delivers. He has solid single-target damage, a +ATK skill, and a third skill that does a lot - NP damage up, crit star absorption up. It's the perfect thing to launch an NPBB chain.

That said, you'd do well to farm the Friend Point summon, as suggested. There are some very useful Servants there until you can fill out your ranks, like Hans, Cursed Arm, and Sasaki (aka REGEND*OF*SAMURAI, aka SAVIOR OF FRANCE).

24. - Top - End - #624
    Troll in the Playground

Sent you a friend request, Razade! My line should be helpful in Orleans; I have some solid Assassin and Berserker support.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

25. - Top - End - #625
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    Sent you a friend request, Razade! My line should be helpful in Orleans; I have some solid Assassin and Berserker support.
    Let's be fair, anything high level will be useful in Orléans.
    I still suggest using story supports for the FP over friend supports to power through.

26. - Top - End - #626

NecromancerGirl

Also, as soon as you can, get into the Daily Ember Quests in the Chalda Gate menu.
    When I started I was mostly doing ok but was lacking heavily in the levels early on, as I had a phone with only 1GB of ram, meaning the game crashed every quest. Made grinding very hard, so I often ignored dailies and made do with the log in embers and the FP gacha embers. Once I upgraded my phone though, I found I could run those daily embers easy, and my levels and ability to power through quests just sky rocketed. I went from barely able to get through Event Stories to being able to Clear out events. My first 3 welfare servents were crippled for a year as I was only able to get a copy or 2 and maybe one or two ascension items. Then I got to grinding on the Embers and by the time the Fate Zero and Kyara no Kyokai events hit I was able to max the Welfare and get all the CEs.
    So yeah, as soon as you think you can, take some time and get in that Ember Grinding. Especially early on, as soon as you can handle that 40AP one, do it, as your Master Levels will shoot up very fast for a bit. Those are the best times to use Friend List Supports, especially survivable Berserkers.
    Also, take some time to do some of the 30AP Embers, and sell the Silver Embers, that will help build a stock of Mana Prisms, the Green Cubes. Use them for the 5 Tickets every month. It takes 100 for those, so each month, aim to have 100 saved up by the end. Those Tickets have served me well a ton of times, Lucky as Heck pulls got me several very useful 5 Stars with only those monthly tickets.
    And yeah, save them for the Big Rate Up banners. The chances of getting a certain Rarity are the same as the Story Banner, but the chances of getting a particular character are improved. The story banner is only really useful for the story locked characters, as they very rarely appear on the big Rate Up banners.

27. - Top - End - #627
    Ogre in the Playground

Arash (Archer)
    Mash (Whateversheis)
    Marie Antoinette (Rider)
    David (Archeter)
    Charles Babbage (Caster)
    Madea (Caster)

Very welcome to our wonderful world of salt simulator battles to save humanity!

Friend Point summons are good enough for early levels, you can also save up some Quartz and roll in rate up banners. Due to the Start Dash Campaign, you'll get plenty of those. Red Fel mentioned several useful FP servants, especially Hans Christian Andersen, Cursed Arm Hassan, and our favorite truck driver, I'll add Cu Chulain (Lancer) to the mix for an excelent option for pretty much any fight (he's awesome, believe me).

Later this year, we'll get a free 4★ summon of our choice, so look forward to that, and if you're stuck during the Singularities, do ask here, we'll help you through. Especially during certain britain/egyptian story...
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Titan in the Playground

Arash (Archer)
    Mash (Whateversheis)
    Marie Antoinette (Rider)
    David (Archeter)
    Charles Babbage (Caster)
    Madea (Caster)

Old Will Shakespeare there is amazing. Do some Friend Point summons and get your hands on Leonidas and then laugh endlessly as they buff a Buster based Servant. Lu Bu will do fine for this until you get a nastier Servant.

Also, another note on Mash. Partner her with an Arts based Servant with any sort of survival option (Nursery Rhyme is an excellent example here) and laugh endlessly as she stops them from dying for basically ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

29. - Top - End - #629
    Titan in the Playground

Lot to respond to, thanks to everyone whose taken the time to walk me through stuff. In Orleans already, no idea how far in. Went through the (probably first of several) fights with Dracul and Bathory. Having an assassin has helped a great deal so thanks for that advice.

Well, here's a quick assessment of your Servants:
    • Arash: He's basically an NP in a box. Because of his stats, he's not good at most things, but his NP can basically clear the screen. If you need an Archer, pick someone else, but if you need to get rid of a bunch of enemies, that's what Arash is for.
    • Mash: Keep and level Mash. She's free and nobody gains type advantage over her. Also, her skills are great for keeping the entire team alive, and work exceptionally well with Berserkers.
    • Marie: Marie is a pretty straightforward Rider with a good survival kit - self-heal and Invincible buttons, plus a party debuff cleanse on her NP. She's durable and easy to use, but you'll probably get a more niche Servant after awhile.
    • David: David is a very useful support Archer. He has a Charisma skill, which is always useful, and one that heals the party and lets them all avoid one attack - perfect when you're expecting an AoE NP. He's pretty versatile for a 3-star support.
    • Kid Alex: Alex also has support functions, with a Charisma skill and a party Quick boost - useful in a Quick-oriented party. He also has a Charm skill that doesn't care about the target's sex, which is valuable. That said, he's not otherwise particularly niche, and specialization is something you look for in this game. You could replace him with Marie and not suffer for it.
    • Babbage: He's an offensive Caster. He's tanky, which is nice, but Casters aren't typically suited to damage-dealing, and apart from his NP use, he's not all that potent.
    • Medea: Medea, on the other hand, is a great Caster. Her NP - which she can spam thanks to her skillset - removes buffs. That will be significant in a lot of fights. And her third skill - available after quests - is really helpful for allies who don't generate NP gauge as well. And, of course, her Arts focus is helpful to an Arts-focused team.
    • Shakespeare: Shakespeare is also a valuable Support. His first and third skills can turn another Servant into an absolute terror, especially a Buster-oriented beast like a Berserker. And his second skill gives him solid survivability.
    • Fuuma: Fuuma is a force multiplier. He's not particularly valuable himself, but he can make his allies more effective with his skillset. His targeted Dodge skill can be a lifesaver. He's an option if you don't have other Assassins.
    • Darius: Darius is passable. He has an AoE NP, which is valuable on a Berserker. Golden Rule gives him better NP charge than your typical Berserker, and his other two skills give him decent survivability. But what you want on a Berserker is bigger numbers, and he lacks offensive skills to boost that.
    • Lu Bu: Lu Bu, on the other hand, delivers. He has solid single-target damage, a +ATK skill, and a third skill that does a lot - NP damage up, crit star absorption up. It's the perfect thing to launch an NPBB chain.

That said, you'd do well to farm the Friend Point summon, as suggested. There are some very useful Servants there until you can fill out your ranks, like Hans, Cursed Arm, and Sasaki (aka REGEND*OF*SAMURAI, aka SAVIOR OF FRANCE).
    Thanks for taking the time to do this. A lot of it is still a bit over my head but I'll be looking back on it quite a bit as things go forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    Added you! Thanks again! Been using your and Leecros's Hassan a lot when not able to access the story Supports.

I still suggest using story supports for the FP over friend supports to power through.
    Certainly have been when the missions allow. Am I wrong in seeing that only the relevant story missions let you or am I just not looking in the right place?

Quote Originally Posted by Yael View Post

Friend Point summons are good enough for early levels, you can also save up some Quartz and roll in rate up banners. Due to the Start Dash Campaign, you'll get plenty of those. Red Fel mentioned several useful FP servants, especially Hans Christian Andersen, Cursed Arm Hassan, and our favorite truck driver, I'll add Cu Chulain (Lancer) to the mix for an excelent option for pretty much any fight (he's awesome, believe me).
    I actually got Hans last night, I think. Little blue haired boy with a lot of books? Your starting advice helped a lot so thanks again.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Certainly have been when the missions allow. Am I wrong in seeing that only the relevant story missions let you or am I just not looking in the right place?
    Story supports don't appear for every mission, no, but they do for most.