New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order III - Protecc those Smiles

Quote Originally Posted by Nerocite View Post
    The servant gift CEs do give bonuses for future Valentine's events, so it might make sense to hang to some.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    this is pretty much the only thing i use my second archive for. it doesn't even interfere with ember hoarding cause they use different second archives.
    This. Second Archive (CE) is something I only recently started to use, but it's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    And Red Fel, I for one made sure to update my support setup with more chocolate boosters.
    You're a gentleman and a scholar.

So, on a whim, I decided on another ticket pull this morning. It was a silver Caster.

And then it sparked.

And then Nitocris came home.

I'm very, very happy. Also, way overloaded with Casters now.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by nightwyrm View Post
    Getting them unlocks the gift giving scene for that servant.
    Also this. In your My Room, under Material > Event Quest Log > Chocolate Lady's Commotion - Valentine's 2018 -, you can view all chocolates given (to the ladies) and gifts received (from the gents), both for last year and this year. That means that (1) once you've unlocked the clip, there's no reason to hold onto the chocolate/gift unless you're prepping for next year, and (2) there's no reason to give the same chocolate/gift twice (except to your waifu, obviously) because you've already got the clip. This should also make giving every chocolate/gift unnecessary, so you can limit yourself to the ones you missed last time.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2019-02-08 at 08:57 AM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Well, in a few years it's going to be important to re-give and get re-gifted because the event will be voiced.
    Just about every single servant will have a voiced chocolate-giving scene. It's amazing.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    Well, in a few years it's going to be important to re-give and get re-gifted because the event will be voiced.
    Just about every single servant will have a voiced chocolate-giving scene. It's amazing.
    Yeah another thread I follow has people who play the JP version and they say the voices are great.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Yeah another thread I follow has people who play the JP version and they say the voices are great.
    Someone's been posting the scenes on the TVtropes forums, and yes, I can confirm that they are.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Barbarian in the Playground

I hear this, but also I'm sure there will be vids for all of it, so I'm personally not bothering. As long as I get to hear them all, I'll be happy with it, don't need to see them in my version of the game.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

I am confused, why does Orion take extra damage from Summer Tamamo's anti male NP, but is Immune to skills from female characters that say [Opposite Gender]?

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I am confused, why does Orion take extra damage from Summer Tamamo's anti male NP, but is Immune to skills from female characters that say [Opposite Gender]?
    Probably some weird programming stuff.
    But lore-wise, since most opposite gender stuff is charm, I bet it's because Artemis gives him a death glare to prevent charms. XD

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

wait, no effect pops up when you fail a chance based skill and when it can't do anything doesn't it.

i've gotten used to seeing gaurd on failed skills since getting my main servants max skills for chance based things.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

No effect pops when the skill used cannot affect the targeted enemy. If your skill only affects servants, using it on a non-servant will bring no effect.
    Miss happens when your skill fails to connect because its hit chance isn't 100% but can affect them.
    Guard, I assume, happens when the enemy has a skill that prevents the skill from affecting them.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

No effect pops when the skill used cannot affect the targeted enemy. If your skill only affects servants, using it on a non-servant will bring no effect.
    Miss happens when your skill fails to connect because its hit chance isn't 100% but can affect them.
    Guard, I assume, happens when the enemy has a skill that prevents the skill from affecting them.
    So I used minidusa's charm. It didn't miss and it didn't gaurd (which can happen due to things like magic resistance and debuff resistance skills.) No effect popped up against Orion without any buff being active. So I am just super confused cause Orion definitely counts as Male so some code has to have messed up for it to pop up no effect. Not that it really matters. It's just a charm on someone who doesn't fit in an arts team super well.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2019-02-08 at 04:39 PM.

Current avatar by me

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Either the code messed up or the event in particular had an unknown buff being given to her.

But I'm going to headcanon it as Artemis glaring the charm off Orion.

12. - Top - End - #72

BlackDragon

Coz Orion is a male. The bimbo goddess is Artemis but she's using Orion's servant container so she's still classified as male.

As for why she resisted a charm, Medusa's charm % is not that great and Orion has a buff skill that gives her 50% debuff resist for 3 turns and a natural 12.5% resist. So charms failing on her is not uncommon.
    Last edited by nightwyrm; 2019-02-08 at 05:02 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nightwyrm View Post
    Coz Orion is a male. The bimbo goddess is Artemis but she's using Orion's servant container so she's still classified as male.

As for why she resisted a charm, Medusa's charm % is not that great and Orion has a buff skill that gives her 50% debuff resist for 3 turns and a natural 12.5% resist. So charms failing on her is not uncommon.
    The charm didn't fail, it would have said miss, and it wasn't resisted, it would have said gaued. It said no effect.

Current avatar by me

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I went on and checked on the Orion vs Charm case, and came with the following.

Spoiler: Your average results
    Show
    First off, went to check on Orion's traits, because most charm effects work on depending on [Gender], and as seen, Orion (the heroic spirit we summon and the focus of effects) the playboy Stuffed bear is a man.
    Quote Originally Posted by F/GO Wiki - Orion
    Traits: Servant, Humanoid, Weak to Enuma Elish, Greek Mythology Males, Western, European, Greek, FGO Newcomer, Male, Chaotic Balanced
    He is Male, as we know Artemis was summoned along with him, so in theory she's a pet and he's the servant, except it's the reverse.

Next, I went to check her skills, maybe she had some up and resisted the effect? (resulting in a MISS).

Well, yes. It is possible to boost her resistance, as Debuff resist pretty much works only against Charm and Confuse. But still, a MISS would appear.

Next I went and experimented on it, using the Archer molds and getting around 200+ choco pieces (sass) a run.

First, I tried a [Humanoid Charm], she does have that trait.

It works, next I went with a [Male] target charm, and obviously because I tried with Medulily at Siren Song Lv1, it didn't work, but it was a MISS, so she IS vulnerable to a [Male] Charm skill.

Next time I tried it, this time with Euryale's Lv6 Siren Song, it hit and charmed Archer.

Spoiler: Conclusion
    Show
    This proves my theory, Orion is actually being used as a shield by Artemis, ala Peach!

Her April Fool's Saint Graph proves it!
    Last edited by Yael; 2019-02-09 at 09:53 PM.
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

i wonder if what i saw then... considering one of those pics is of the same servent i used (mini medusa) and they were able to charm Orion in the pic, yet one of the times i did it, it came up as No Effect as opposed to Miss or Charm. i can only assume there is some rare chance that it hits an invalid result when it tries or my particular download of the game had some sort of display error.

Current avatar by me

16. - Top - End - #76
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Orion is definitely male and is for sure the teddy bear mascot, not the big boob lady.

For farming, how much bonus have you guys managed to get? Plus 19-20 coins is all I can manage.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Invincible View Post
    Orion is definitely male and is for sure the teddy bear mascot, not the big boob lady.
    Hereafter refered as Princess Peach and Toad.

For farming, how much bonus have you guys managed to get? Plus 19-20 coins is all I can manage.
    I'm at 19-21 if I can get a support with a 5* gacha ce. I remembered that farming this event is pretty easy, even more with molds. I've done only the Archer node by getting 1-2 extra molds as drop every 1-2 fights.

"**** if I know."

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

well i can get 27-28 on the one class i am focusing on. so far this year my luck seems to have shifted from the too many SRs not enough CEs to all the CEs and almost no servants. my tickets managed to get me 3 of the 5 star CE on the ladies banner.

Current avatar by me

19. - Top - End - #79

BlackDragon

With support, +30 or 31. I have a full set of the 5* CE coz MHXA didnt come for the longest time.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Orc in the Playground

decided to just get a chocolate for each of my ssr's. Orion's scenes where hilarious, thought i was going to get killed at one point...

I don't know what's more horrifying, qp hell, or orion's mad face.

Ellenate <--- Click for Ellenate webcomic, season 3!
    Ellenate Twitter <--- Click for pretty pictures.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

To be fair, Heracles' scene is already voiced.

I mean, it's Heracles' voice - that is to say, inarticulate roaring - but still, it counts. Maybe. Sort of.

I think basically everyone is going to want Shuten once they make the change, though. Because ASMR vocals.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2019-02-10 at 01:19 PM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

22. - Top - End - #82

NecromancerGirl

I can get +22 Berserker Coins, assuming Nightwyrm has been online recently. Otherwise around +20 or +21. But yeah, Nightwyrm's suffering in the gacha has been key to my farming im sorry to say. The assassin grind was bad, im sticking to Berserker/Saber grinds for now. Got all the gifts I really wanted, now for the shop. Getting about 240 Berserker coins, then about 15 All coins in one run is my go to grind. Havent touched the sweet yet, sticking with the bitter. Assuming I can get Cu Alt, LArtoria, and MHXA(Support) all to NP before the Final Battle, I can clear that in one turn.

23. - Top - End - #83

BlackDragon

Well, I guess I'm glad ppl are benefiting from my gacha pain. I feel like a certain Hero of Justice.

24. - Top - End - #84

NecromancerGirl

New Master Missions are up, all they are saying is "Keep Grinding, but try different classes". Meanwhile I already cleared out the Medals and used them to get LArtoria's first skill to 6, now to grind Fangs and Lancer Gems. Also cleared out the Cursed Gall Stones and got the Lore. Which means I can get Stage 4 Gorgan. Now to clear out the scales, lanugo, gears and fangs. Followed by the Embers and Fous. If I still have a will to live after those maybe the Grease and a few of the Monuments and Pieces.

As a reminder, whats the next big event after Valentines? As in, anything to tempt me while waiting for SE.RA.PH.? I know some story things, but I dont recall if theres any major servent release I would be tempted by.

For me my list right now is Kiara and Nero Summer. After that I am not sure. Theres a few others I would like, but those are my top two I want. I would need to give the upcoming events another once over to remember if theres any others I really want, but if I cant recall of the top of my head they are likely just a "would be nice" rather then a "must roll for them".

25. - Top - End - #85

BlackDragon

The next story chapter, Shinjuku, is next. Afterwards, we get GudaGuda rerun, Chaldea boys (just a banner), and GudaGuda2.

26. - Top - End - #86

NecromancerGirl

Started leveling MHXA, and I once again am finding the Gacha a blessing and a curse. "Here's a very cute 5 Star. Also you will need 20 Medals, hope you weren't wanting those for someone else" Was so hyped at being able to cut my grind for LArtoria's skills in half, just for the gacha to hand me a servent that needs them too. Well, once I finish emptying the item shop for the event, its back to Camalot's Castle and to murder armies of Knights.

The Gacha Giveth, and does something rude while doing so.

EDIT a Day in the Future: All I got left to gather is the Mana Prisms. Which will take like 9380 coins for me to clean it out. This will be the antithesis of fun. Might just move on to Medals after doing a day or two more grinding of coins.
    Last edited by Saambell; 2019-02-12 at 12:39 AM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

We are getting a new event featuring our best Kouhai's VR experience. It is coming tomorrow and will give us 10 SQ, an exclusive CE, and a Mash CE exclusive banner (no rate ups.) So along with the Nintendo Direct tomorrow, February 13 will be a good day~

"**** if I know."

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

I just need to say that Cleopatra's gift giving scene is hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    I just need to say that Cleopatra's gift giving scene is hilarious.
    Now imagine it with Takahashi Rie's wonderful tsundere voice.

"**** if I know."

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yael View Post

We are getting a new event featuring our best Kouhai's VR experience. It is coming tomorrow and will give us 10 SQ, an exclusive CE, and a Mash CE exclusive banner (no rate ups.) So along with the Nintendo Direct tomorrow, February 13 will be a good day~
    gotta say, that Mash CE banner is horrifyingly tempting, but i must stay strong. any tickets i get atm go to MHXA and SQ goes into the waifu vault.

Current avatar by me