New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order III - Protecc those Smiles

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    if you want to you can wait till after valentine's, the quests will still be there for a few more days after, you just won't have as much time to recover command seals.
    Yeah, I checked how long the challenges would be there for. It's why I'm just slightly miffed, because of the lost time and opportunities for CS cheesing.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

The memorial quests pretty much vary in difficulty based on your Servant assortment. With the right collection - heck, with a single team - certain fights are just easy. At least, that was the challenge I gave myself: To beat as many of them as I could using the same team. Here's the team I used: Mash, Heracles, Saberlot, Medb, ROAD ROLLA DA. With the exception of Herc (who was using Snowy Castle), none of them were using any noteworthy CEs; this was my default team, so they all had Bond Up or QP up. Most importantly: I did no reading ahead for this.

So, how'd it go?

Spoiler: First Singularity
    Show
    I brought a second Herc (Snowy Castle) as a Guest. It was pretty straightforward. Kill the Dragon Witch ASAP, since you don't need her buffing the Dragons. Remember she's a Ruler here, so Berserker is basically the only way to maintain advantage. I could have made it easier on myself by keeping Assassins on the back row, but dual Hercs are hard to kill.

Spoiler: Second Singularity
    Show
    I brought a guest Archuria. No sweat. When Herc went down, Saberlot stepped up, and while he didn't have class advantage, that meant my entire team was Arts-focused - which basically turbo-charged Archuria into a ST NP murder machine. Done and done.

Spoiler: Third Singularity
    Show
    I did not beat this. Not with that team. The AoEs and debuffs hit hard. Getting rid of Medea Lily is the easy part, but I need to figure out how to get the advantage on that Pillar. So this one goes on the "to do" pile.

Spoiler: Fourth Singularity
    Show
    Tough, but manageable. I wasn't able to get the guest ST Saber I wanted, so I settled on Mordred for... ironic reasons. The best reasons. Clearly Lalter agreed, because she punished her son. And then, after Mordred went down, Saberlot stepped up, and actually wound up winning the fight. Again, ironic reasons.

Spoiler: Fifth Singularity
    Show
    This was actually the easiest for me, because guest Shishou. Seriously, a guest Shishou with Halloween Princess basically breaks this fight like an egg. I just waited until her NP was charged and I had a brave chain lined up, and let her do her thing, and she murdered him utterly. Which is exactly what you'd expect in a battle between Shishou and the doggo.

Spoiler: Sixth Singularity
    Show
    No. No. No. No. No.

No.

... I did not beat this one.

Spoiler: Seventh Singularity
    Show
    Surprisingly easy. Brought a guest Herc again, not that it matters - no type advantage to exploit. Still, the pair of them, plus Mash in an NP chain, meant lots of attack-up ST NP damage. Charging was easy, healing was free, it felt almost like a vacation compared to that blond gorilla I still have to go back and murder.

So, yeah. Your selection of Servants really does make basically all the difference. Now if you excuse me, I have to make a certain species of sunbathing ape extremely endangered.

EDIT:

Spoiler: Third Singularity, Redux
    Show
    So, yeah, I did a dumb thing my first time in. I should not have targeted Medea; she's a distraction. Went back and tried it again, same team, but with guest Quetz, focusing fire on the Pillar. Not even a challenge. Not even a little bit. And with him gone, there was nobody to prevent what I did to the world's worst (best?) pancake baker.

Amusingly, after Pillar died, Lily managed to take down Quetz. It didn't save her.

So, yeah. Score another for the default team.

That means the only fight my default team couldn't handle was the Sixth. Calling that a pretty solid win, overall.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2019-02-19 at 08:40 PM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Spoiler: Sixth Singularity
    Show
    No. No. No. No. No.

No.

... I did not beat this one.
    Yes, basically this.
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

Question Re: Fate/Grand Order III - Protecc those Smiles

I see, they need to shut down the server to update the text in thier summon info... At this point I am starting to become curious to see the spaghetti code they duck taped together when they made this game. I know they made it as a bit of a throw away game at first so it isn't entirely fare. But still.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

I've managed a couple so far thanks to Merlin support, I doubt I'll be able to do all of them though.

And ditto on them not waiting til V-Day was over to bring this out, if only because most people's support lists still have v-day CEs on them.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

6. - Top - End - #126
    Barbarian in the Playground

Managed all of them with my team of:

NP3 Vlad, NP1 Tamamo, Np4-5 Wavers(Friend support, not mine!), Mash, Blavatsky, Herc

...Except for Singularity F. I got her down to less than a million HP on the last bar, but I died, and since I didn't realize this was coming, and I'd been using my seals to make farming easier on the V-day stuff every once in a while, I gotta wait until tomorrow until I do it with all 3 seals ready for a reset.

Considering swapping out Blavatsky for an archer of some kind, by the time she was getting pulled in it felt like I needed more damage rather than further support, but that might have just been because I got relatively unlucky and Vlad died somewhat early. Also considering swapping her out for Jeanne, and just running a less good CE on Mash or Tamamo.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Bugbear in the Playground

Managed the first seven handily enough, though Gawain took several tries. I could handle the double NP, but that surprise self-charge made things hard.

The eighth was tough though. Used my command spells when she was 15k above the last break bar, then went down again at 200k and decided to blow an SQ. I probably should have waited a few days for a second try, but I was done with the fight at that point. The break bars themselves weren't the problem, that stacking defense debuff was the problem. I had Mash, Tamamo, and Support Cu Alter in front, under the theory that Shrine Fox could tank and Cu could murder unmolested. Which worked brilliantly at first, but she simply melted under the weight of all those debuffs. It also didn't help that my archer options are Emiya, Euryale, and Hood. Which did me no favors for the Gawain fight either.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Orc in the Playground

Did bonus quest, only took one sq!

team:

orion mash merlin tamamo b&r (archer) musashi

The spamming wasn't really as strong as i though it was going to be. I wanted to lolz curbstomp.

Got nothing from any of the tickets, but wanted to get pulling out of my system.

Horde mode unti like september once valentine event is over!

Ellenate <--- Click for Ellenate webcomic, season 3!
    Ellenate Twitter <--- Click for pretty pictures.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Went back for a certain sunbathing gorilla. Brought an Archer team. Still wound up using command seals. Probably should have brought Euryale.

Tried Singularity F. Got the first break bar down. Got crushed. Probably won't do that again.

With that, I'm pooped.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

10. - Top - End - #130

RedWizardGuy

desperately trying to farm 1000 Mana prisms, but life keeps getting in the way. Not going to make it with an hour left

11. - Top - End - #131

BlackDragon

Finally got around to doing the last challenge quest. Went in with Archuria/Merlin/Tamamo with Atlas MC and took 24 turns. No one died and didn't have to use a CS but it was touch and go a few times even with the Merlin-Tamamo engine running.

Tried to roll for Artoria and her Alter on the singularity banner with my Memorial tickets and got nothing. Anyone got anything good?
    Last edited by nightwyrm; 2019-02-20 at 11:50 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132

NecromancerGirl

I have gotten into saving mode as I gear up for April/May with Kiara's banner. Spent a few tickets trying on one of the Valentines banner, but now I'm sticking to stockpiling for Kiara.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Apparently, Shinjuku releases the 24th, due to some leaks in the news page. Welp, gotta be ready for those Break Bars~

"**** if I know."

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I managed to get Salter to 200K in her final phase before having to use my command seals.

I think I did fairly well.

Also I tried to pull Mordred in the rate up.

I got NP2 Tesla and Lancer Alter.

I know I should be happy about that, but I really wanted Moedred.
    Last edited by Resileaf; 2019-02-21 at 11:06 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135

Chloe+Double Merlin took down the final challenge, took a couple tries after some bad crits. Rest of them weren't that exciting.
    Steam ID
    Chained Cambion Avatar by Elder Tsofu.

16. - Top - End - #136

NecromancerGirl

Mistakes were made last night. Huge mistakes. I saw the Mordred rate up and lost control. Spent 120SQ on that banner. Got Fragment, a Fran shaped Rare Prism, and a Kids Book. So all in all, kind of wasted. Really wanted the Moe Knight or the Ox King, but will have to settle for a solid CE and yet another 4 star caster. Already had a Fran, dont really use her and her NP isnt great, which is what lead to the burning. Now I'm back to square one and hoping I can somehow pull enough SQ together by the end of April.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

That reminds me, I did get a second Stheno too.
    So I burned her and now I'm going to be farming green cubes to buy the Da Vinci CE.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ettin in the Playground

For people still fighting the last challenge quest and having unexpected difficulty, the boss does explicitly target Casters with a hateful vengeance. If you're having trouble with the boss singling out your Tamamo, Merlin, or Waver, that's why, she's specifically targeting the people buffing up your team above other targets.

That said, I used command seals on Gawain but otherwise didn't have a ton of problems with him and the final boss...well...She cost me two quartz to get one summoning ticket so I consider it worthwhile. Double Gilgameshes didn't do the lolawesome damage I thought it would either time I tried it but Tristan and David were worth their weights in gold.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

19. - Top - End - #139

RedWizardGuy

Salter is rough, I had a guest level 100archertoria with level 100ce arts 30%, and I still had to use command seals. Line up was mash/iron will, tamamo/maid Halloween, support, Chloe/supper, Merlin/before Awakening, Helena/original legion.
    Maid in Halloween and Helena is a mistake. Next time I'll do Orion, and bring another def CE.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

I got a grim reminder of my inability to save tickets, as I used them all in the special banners. It's a bittersweet feeling, as I got Enkidu while aiming for Gorgon, in the Babylon gacha, though I regret this a lot, as if I had used them, and hit the same chance, in the Camelot one, I would've gotten Ozymandias or the Lion King, which hurts a lot as I do really want those two and really dislike clay boi.

Heh, well, a 5* is a 5* in the end, I'll pile him up along TamaLancer that I haven't raised due to having a 10|3 LAlter.

"**** if I know."

21. - Top - End - #141

RedWizardGuy

Tama lancer>lancer alter. Though I'm so desperate for Lancers, I'd take any of them. The altria overload in fgo leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Invincible View Post
    Tama lancer>lancer alter. Though I'm so desperate for Lancers, I'd take any of them. The altria overload in fgo leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
    Two different animals. Literally in Tama's case.

Tama Lancer is a ST anti-male beast. She has excellent NP gen, a powerful ST Buster NP, and good stargen. Her passives (+Quick, +Arts, +damage) are exceptional. Her Beach Flower is a decent party buff. However, her Midsummer Curse and Goddess Morph abilities come with strong drawbacks (enemy NP charge and self-stun, respectively). Really, though, that's her only downside - she's otherwise a pretty solid Lancer with consistent damage output and a moderately-spammable NP. She fits comfortably into any team layout as her own thing.

Ox-King is not that and was never meant to be that. She is neither about strong ST damage nor consistent damage. Ox-King is about AoEs and damage spikes. Her Mana Burst is one of the best in the game, on raw numbers. Protection of World's End is objectively one of the best buffs of its type, and again illustrates her propensity for spike damage. And her NP is a Buster AoE with DEF-ignoring damage, NP Lock and Curse. That's basically how Ox-King is intended to be used - build a team around charging, buffing, and launching her AoE.

In other news, finally decided to take another crack at Singularity F and Salter 2: Death to All Casters. I did not plan strategically - my team was Mash plus every Archer I could grab (EMIYA, guest Archuria, Chloe, NOBU!, and Atanyanta). So I had no real debuff methods, and only half of my team had an "ignore incoming NP" button. (Could have brought David for that role. Did not.)

I got her partway into her second health bar before I had to blow my command seals. I got her down to 650k remaining on her final health bar before I had to blow an SQ. But I beat her. Punchline, doing so actually increased NOBU!'s bond from 5 to 6, which got me a 2 SQ bonus - so this battle was actually a net gain of 1 SQ. Plus a summon ticket and bragging rights. Score!

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Epic of Remnant is officially out! We got new servats, more story, lots of quartz, and our first sub-singularity for more content~!

New Servants
    Last edited by Yael; 2019-02-25 at 12:24 AM.

"**** if I know."

24. - Top - End - #144

RedWizardGuy

At first glance, Not a fan of the new servants, but is the mustache english archer dude any good?

But on the bright side, finally a good source of materials has arrived.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

i just realized, we have 10 more master levels we can gain!

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

Ah good, I can save my quartz because I don't want any of those servants.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Invincible View Post
    At first glance, Not a fan of the new servants, but is the mustache english archer dude any good?
    Well, let's go down the list.

Spoiler: New Servants!
    Show
    • Archer of Shinjuku: Note that this is a Limited Servant - unlike the rest of these, he doesn't pop up on normal banners. So if he's your husbando, get him here. This guy is an Archer with an Arts focus (QAAAB) and ST Buster NP. His passives are fairly standard, debuff resist and crit strength. For actives, he has an Invulnerability Ignore with crit star absorption boost, which can be handy; a useful NP steroid/charge that costs crit stars (and therefore basically requires you to put him on a crit team), and a so-so Charisma skill that works best with an Evil Servant team. So, he can be a crit damage dealer thanks to his Archer role, or he can spam NPs thanks to his three Arts cards and NP charge button. But he's not particularly good at either. Really, the main reason to whale for him, if at all, is that he's a way better dad than Lancelot.
    • Assassin of Shinjuku: He's a very crit-focused Assassin; both of his passives and all of his actives involve crits and crit stars. Note also that his second active will see an upgrade next year, turning into a Green Button. However, he has low native stargen and low NP gen. And while he has high base HP, he has no survival skills. Lastly, his NP is a straightforward damaging ST Quick, its only added effect being a crit reduction. Bottom line, you probably have a better Assassin.
    • Avenger of Shinjuku: The fluffiest Avenger! He's a crit-oriented literal beast. In terms of passives, he gets a boost to NP when taking damage (at the cost of party debuff resist), boosted crit strength, and an automatic NP charge over time. His actives include one skill that massively increases crit absorption and also boosts defense (which seems unnecessary in a class weak only to Berserkers at present), one that boosts ATK, and an ST debuff button that reduces Death resist. That's useful, because his NP is an ST Quick with chance to Death. That said, his HP is lower than Jalter or Dantes, his ATK is lower than any other Avenger except Angry, and his utility is basically limited to when his skills are online. He's fine as a general damage dealer, but he doesn't shine the way that Jalter or Dantes do.

In short, this banner is only worth pulling if you have particular affection for one of these Servants.

Additionally, while not on the banner, EMIYA Alter is unlocked when you complete this Singularity. He has a mixed kit (QQAAB) and an ST Arts NP that ignores Def and has a chance to reduce enemy NP charge. He's compared to a 4-star version of Archuria, and for good reason, although his abilities are more selfish. Like EMIYA, he has Projection to boost all card types. But instead of an Evade button, he has one that boosts DEF and grants Damage Cut. He also has a neat ATK buff that lasts for five turns or three attacks, and is pretty strong. Only problem is, because he's added to the Story Summon, your chances of getting him are pretty low.

So, short version? No, no he is not.

28. - Top - End - #148

BlackDragon

For those who wants Emiya Alter, he'll be in the second Shinjuku banner along with SAlter.

29. - Top - End - #149

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by nightwyrm View Post
    For those who wants Emiya Alter, he'll be in the second Shinjuku banner along with SAlter.
    He will also be on Rate Up in SE.RA.PH. along with Liz and Robin Hood on Kiara's banner. So, if you want both him and Kiara, its far better to save for that banner and get them together.

30. - Top - End - #150

The old man came home! Unfortunately he needs 216 spine tinglers, so the grind is on.
    Steam ID
    Chained Cambion Avatar by Elder Tsofu.