New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order III - Protecc those Smiles

I don't get why people like emiya. Even with all his interludes, he's still very unwieldy to use. Like you have to give him arts and buster buffs and boost his crit as well or you'll never get anywhere. And then that golden turn ends, and you hope the crits can finish it before your crit buff goes away. Just doesn't work unless everything goes right.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

Nobu, sadly, suffers from being a solid archer in a class of largely exceptional servants. Also Kingprotea is not daughteru....she is waifu. Giant, cute waifu.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Invincible View Post
    I don't get why people like emiya. Even with all his interludes, he's still very unwieldy to use. Like you have to give him arts and buster buffs and boost his crit as well or you'll never get anywhere. And then that golden turn ends, and you hope the crits can finish it before your crit buff goes away. Just doesn't work unless everything goes right.
    Not quite. A 100% buff on crit damage is something you don't see often, plus he has natural high star weight due to being an Archer, and his UBW can set up a Rider on your team, as he will get 50~ stars on a nicely-placed Hawkeye+UBW combo. Furthermore, his NP ignores defensive buffs, so he's handy to have (he wa's real MVP on Siegfried CQ on Nerofest, for example.)

His damage is hurt due to not having a triple Buster deck, which is true, but his 40% increase on all card types because of its Projection skill makes up for it. Hawkeye lasts for 3 turns, so critting hard and consistently is easy, given a set up for him. He's not top class, but he IS useful and strong by himself (1 turn evade, crit damage and gen up, and attack down by 10~30%), thus seconding Red Fel's statement about his versatility, which he has.

Plus, he is actually Satan, so he's cool and all that.

Nobunaga is also pretty strong against her niche. Especially against these servants. Due to stacking Riding + Divine trait. Other than that, she supports well her team on NP Gain (except herself), and has a strong crit-buff on a 50% (and heavy star weight on 600%).
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Also Kingprotea is not daughteru....she is waifu. Giant, cute waifu.
    Let's compromise. She is kaiju daughteru.

Well...

Quote Originally Posted by Yael View Post
    Not quite. A 100% buff on crit damage is something you don't see often, plus he has natural high star weight due to being an Archer, and his UBW can set up a Rider on your team, as he will get 50~ stars on a nicely-placed Hawkeye+UBW combo. Furthermore, his NP ignores defensive buffs, so he's handy to have (he wa's real MVP on Siegfried CQ on Nerofest, for example.)

His damage is hurt due to not having a triple Buster deck, which is true, but his 40% increase on all card types because of its Projection skill makes up for it. Hawkeye lasts for 3 turns, so critting hard and consistently is easy, given a set up for him. He's not top class, but he IS useful and strong by himself (1 turn evade, crit damage and gen up, and attack down by 10~30%), thus seconding Red Fel's statement about his versatility, which he has.

Plus, he is actually Satan, so he's cool and all that.
    The "actually" is important.

Yes, all this. But moreover, the key takeaway is this: His versatility means he can do anything, not everything. You build a team and select CEs based on how you want him to operate.

Building a Buster team? His NP deals DEF-ignoring damage and reduces enemy ATK. Gearing for crits? As Yael notes, +100% stargen is pretty uncommon, and coupling it with 100% crit damage is extra potent, and putting that on a three-turn buff is incredibly powerful. Arts team? He contributes significantly to Arts chains, thanks to having three Arts cards. He fits any role, but not all of them at once - once you select what you want him to do, however, he excels.

It's also really worth noting just how good Projection is. That's a +40% buff to all card types. There are a lot of active skills that buff one card type for 40% or 50%. There are some that do so for three turns. There are a few that buff multiple types for one turn. But buffing all three for 40% means that EMIYA has the tools, once again, to satisfy any role. If you're Quick chaining for your crit team and you need extra juice, Projection. Arts chain, Projection. Dropping all of your Buster NPs at once, Projection. Don't look at it as a "line up EMIYA's chain" button, but as an "EMIYA is always helpful" button.

Also, best chef.

Nobunaga is also pretty strong against her niche. Especially against these servants. Due to stacking Riding + Divine trait. Other than that, she supports well her team on NP Gain (except herself), and has a strong crit-buff on a 50% (and heavy star weight on 600%).
    Her damage against the Riding trait is certainly decent - combined with her Archer type advantage, that gives her extra bonus against most Knights of the Round Table (because they're primarily Sabers with Riding). Frankly, it makes her a better anti-Arturia weapon than MHX. And her bonus against Divine is decent, although it only lasts the one turn. And, yes, her Strategy skill is a useful and uncommon ability.

That said, one active skill does not a support unit make, and other than Strategy, she is an entirely selfish Servant. And that's not an inherently bad thing, as long as her kit is coherent. Which is her problem - she has all of these neat tricks (bonus versus Riding! bonus versus Divine! critsplosions!) but not one whole picture.

Some of the best units have abilities that synergize well. Heracles' kit is built entirely around dealing damage and surviving hits. Rider Kintoki is basically about using his NP as quickly and effectively as possible. Saberlot and Chloe are all about critsplosions. Their kits paint a picture of how to use them. NOBU! doesn't have that. She has a smattering of neat tricks - useful in corner cases - that don't really come together.

You list five Servants against whom NOBU! is super-effective. But against any of them, what I want is a strong ST Servant, like Chloe. I won't be fighting them all at once, which is where an AoE NP shines. And that's the point.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Her damage against the Riding trait is certainly decent - combined with her Archer type advantage, that gives her extra bonus against most Knights of the Round Table (because they're primarily Sabers with Riding). Frankly, it makes her a better anti-Arturia weapon than MHX. And her bonus against Divine is decent, although it only lasts the one turn. And, yes, her Strategy skill is a useful and uncommon ability.

That said, one active skill does not a support unit make, and other than Strategy, she is an entirely selfish Servant. And that's not an inherently bad thing, as long as her kit is coherent. Which is her problem - she has all of these neat tricks (bonus versus Riding! bonus versus Divine! critsplosions!) but not one whole picture.

Some of the best units have abilities that synergize well. Heracles' kit is built entirely around dealing damage and surviving hits. Rider Kintoki is basically about using his NP as quickly and effectively as possible. Saberlot and Chloe are all about critsplosions. Their kits paint a picture of how to use them. NOBU! doesn't have that. She has a smattering of neat tricks - useful in corner cases - that don't really come together.

You list five Servants against whom NOBU! is super-effective. But against any of them, what I want is a strong ST Servant, like Chloe. I won't be fighting them all at once, which is where an AoE NP shines. And that's the point.
    But does your ST-Servant has Kugimiya Rie-sensei as the VA?! I believe it doesn't! And there, there is where you fail!

Well, yes. We gotta say that she is an early servant and suffers from the lack of creativity problem (which a lot of early servants didn't have, but then again, there's SEIBAAAAA there). That aside, you are correct. I hope she had a strengthening on her second skill for a more consistent buff, or her Strategy to do something more.

By the way, I loved playing through the first GUDAGUDA! Honnouji event, it was hilarious and not that difficult. For those who haven't listened to the GUDAGUDA CD Drama, I recommend it, it's pretty funny and worth the watch. It can be found in youtube.
    Spoiler: GUDAGUDA CD Drama
    Show

Also, NOBU~

"**** if I know."

6. - Top - End - #246

RedWizardGuy

Hmm, I'll give him another shot when I have more materials. Emiya is only at 5/5/7, so that's why he feels weak compared to Salter or Lily Jeanne Santa.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

But does your ST-Servant has Kugimiya Rie-sensei as the VA?! I believe it doesn't! And there, there is where you fail!
    I know, right? She's the best. Kagura is one of the best parts of Gintama, and that's a series with so many best parts. Also, the GUDAGUDA Drama CD is a work of Da Vinci-esque genius.

So many chichiues!

Hmm, I'll give him another shot when I have more materials. Emiya is only at 5/5/7, so that's why he feels weak compared to Salter or Lily Jeanne Santa.
    Well, let's be clear, they're different niches. Salter is one of the best 4-stars period, combining a Saber's strong stats, a destructive set of abilities, a stronger-than-average multi-hit AoE NP, and a 4-star's greater availability. And Spam Lily came from a time after the devs decided welfare Servants didn't have to be free crap (sorry Saber Lily), offering a Lancer's offensive stats and a great opener to a Buster NP chain.

Unlike them, EMIYA depends in part on team composition. On his own, you're right, he's strong but not overwhelming - he's no Heracles, for example. But when you take care in slotting him into a team that can use his talents specifically, he really shines. And unlike overspecialized Archers like Atalanta, that team composition is whatever you want it to be, just about. (Heck, you might even use him in a stall team, as those tend to be Arts-oriented and his NP comes with an ATK debuff.)
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

8. - Top - End - #248

RedWizardGuy

Did a10 roll for waiver, got 2x of the outrage taunt 4*CE instead. Ugh, it's nice but at least gimme a servant with that luck. Should I use up my free CE currency to get a third? Or just go for Conversation on the Hot Sands?
    Last edited by HMS Invincible; 2019-03-10 at 09:35 PM.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

GudaGuda starts tomorrow morning. Maintenance will be extended by about 3 hours, so we'll get 6 apologems/apples. News page is up.

"**** if I know."

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

The great Nobu brings us gifts of double SQ!

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

Okay so, now I'm at the real final battle of Shinjuku and...how do you beat this aside from 'Wait 3 days and hope that a Command Seal revive is enough to deal with a boss with three health bars that can erase a character every three turns, while dealing with another boss of a different class that can erase your NP?'

Really, I'm just at a loss.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Try to get rid of Archer with your strongest lancers, and have casters in your back line to handle the other boss. Have plenty of evades and invincibilities to no sell his NP.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

Also note that the health bars on these guys get smaller, they are a 300k and 500k boss with breaks or rather ​brakes.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

14. - Top - End - #254

Without the NP drain guy, who is nasty but only has 300k HP total, the Archer is just a normal servant. I think the best tactic is to burn down Enigma fast. Support Cu Alter was great here - they have so many fancy abilities when both are standing they don't necessarily attack that much. Once it's gone, you get a ton of NP from the field effect and Archer's multi-hit attacks. I left my Lancer Vlad in the back row so he came out at around this point and finished him off.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    Try to get rid of Archer with your strongest lancers, and have casters in your back line to handle the other boss. Have plenty of evades and invincibilities to no sell his NP.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Also note that the health bars on these guys get smaller, they are a 300k and 500k boss with breaks or rather ​brakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by spectralphoenix View Post
    Without the NP drain guy, who is nasty but only has 300k HP total, the Archer is just a normal servant. I think the best tactic is to burn down Enigma fast. Support Cu Alter was great here - they have so many fancy abilities when both are standing they don't necessarily attack that much. Once it's gone, you get a ton of NP from the field effect and Archer's multi-hit attacks. I left my Lancer Vlad in the back row so he came out at around this point and finished him off.
    I don't think I even have that many lancers with evade/invincible..and certainly none on a cooldown short enough for it to make a difference. Archer can just outright erase someone every three turns. Nothing has a cooldown that fast and I can't put out damage that fast no matter who I bring. And it's not like I can predict who he's going to hit and just use Evade/Invincble on them. Not to mention he has an ignore invincible skill he can spam. Heck, I think my first attempt had someone dead before Archer even got an NP off. I just don't get how people can actually do these legitimately.

Looking at my servants...
    Spoiler: Lancers
    Show

In order of ATK power
    Lancer Alter- No mitigation
    Lancer Kiyohime- No mitigation
    Li Shuwen- Evasion on an 8 turn cooldown
    Elisabeth- Guts on an 8 turn cooldown
    Alter Santa Lily - No Mitigation
    Minidusa- Invincible and Guts on a 9 turn cooldown
    Cu Chulainn- Guts on 8 turn cooldown, 3x Evade on 7 turn cooldown. But Significantly less damage

Spoiler: Casters
    Show

Xuanzang- No Mitigation
    Tamamo-n-mae- No Mitigation
    Nitocris- No Mitigation
    Casterbeth- Guts on 8 turn cooldown
    Medea Lily- No Mitigation
    Medea- No Mitigation

Yeah, I don't see any winning combinations there. Especially since to bring most of them, I have to fill a spot with Mash, who don't get me wrong has great Mitigation, but you can only stall for so long with the damage archer does. And sorry if I sound whiny, it's just very frustrating, because there's not really any amount of grinding that can change my team composition and it's very frustrating.

Or not. I tried it again...and while i was only able to pull it off because of support Merlin (Which feels like cheating), I was able to pull it off with Zuanzang, Nitocris, Li Shuwen, Minidusa and Mash, though I ended up not needing Mash. Still, feels like cheating.
    Last edited by Hunter Noventa; 2019-03-11 at 09:29 PM.

Factotum Variants!

16. - Top - End - #256

RedWizardGuy

Couple notes, mash isn't cheating, she's your best servant. 2nd, the pierce invuln almost never occurs on the same turn as the NP. So santa lilly is your best bet. Kill the enigma, and then race the archer with your lancers/berserkers.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    I don't think I even have that many lancers with evade/invincible..and certainly none on a cooldown short enough for it to make a difference. Archer can just outright erase someone every three turns. Nothing has a cooldown that fast and I can't put out damage that fast no matter who I bring. And it's not like I can predict who he's going to hit and just use Evade/Invincble on them. Not to mention he has an ignore invincible skill he can spam. Heck, I think my first attempt had someone dead before Archer even got an NP off. I just don't get how people can actually do these legitimately.

Looking at my servants...
    Spoiler: Lancers
    Show

In order of ATK power
    Lancer Alter- No mitigation
    Lancer Kiyohime- No mitigation
    Li Shuwen- Evasion on an 8 turn cooldown
    Elisabeth- Guts on an 8 turn cooldown
    Alter Santa Lily - No Mitigation
    Minidusa- Invincible and Guts on a 9 turn cooldown
    Cu Chulainn- Guts on 8 turn cooldown, 3x Evade on 7 turn cooldown. But Significantly less damage

Spoiler: Casters
    Show

Xuanzang- No Mitigation
    Tamamo-n-mae- No Mitigation
    Nitocris- No Mitigation
    Casterbeth- Guts on 8 turn cooldown
    Medea Lily- No Mitigation
    Medea- No Mitigation

Yeah, I don't see any winning combinations there. Especially since to bring most of them, I have to fill a spot with Mash, who don't get me wrong has great Mitigation, but you can only stall for so long with the damage archer does. And sorry if I sound whiny, it's just very frustrating, because there's not really any amount of grinding that can change my team composition and it's very frustrating.

Or not. I tried it again...and while i was only able to pull it off because of support Merlin (Which feels like cheating), I was able to pull it off with Zuanzang, Nitocris, Li Shuwen, Minidusa and Mash, though I ended up not needing Mash. Still, feels like cheating.
    Small correction, Jeanne alter Santa Lily's third skill is also an invulnerable button

Current avatar by me

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Maintenance begins.
    GUDAGUDA incoming.

19. - Top - End - #259

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    Maintenance begins.
    GUDAGUDA incoming.
    Bah, I mistimed it.i thought maintenance was tomorrow, so I had half AP bar wasted.
    Anyway, is there anything good to roll for?

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Bah, I mistimed it.i thought maintenance was tomorrow, so I had half AP bar wasted.
    Anyway, is there anything good to roll for?
    Okita is one of the strongest Quick ST-Sabers, considering her over the top NP Gain and Star drops on her quick-based deck. She charges her NP like a beast and unleashes her NP for a fair amount massive damage. Her first skill is pretty big, and she has an evade. Her second skill can be dropped, though. You gotta care for her, not give her more blood-coughs.

Other than that, the CEs will ease cleaning the event shop (if you are interested). After Party Order is good on Buster/Quick servants, GUDAGUDA Poster Girl is okay, not great.
    Last edited by Yael; 2019-03-12 at 04:36 AM.

"**** if I know."

21. - Top - End - #261
    Troll in the Playground

Couple notes, mash isn't cheating, she's your best servant. 2nd, the pierce invuln almost never occurs on the same turn as the NP. So santa lilly is your best bet. Kill the enigma, and then race the archer with your lancers/berserkers.
    I didn't mean to say Mash was cheating, i meant that Merlin was cheating. And I did miss the invuln on Santa Lily. Still beat it in time to fully focus on GudaGuda at least.

Factotum Variants!

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

Okita is one of the strongest Quick ST-Sabers, considering her over the top NP Gain and Star drops on her quick-based deck. She charges her NP like a beast and unleashes her NP for a fair amount massive damage. Her first skill is pretty big, and she has an evade. Her second skill can be dropped, though. You gotta care for her, not give her more blood-coughs.

Other than that, the CEs will ease cleaning the event shop (if you are interested). After Party Order is good on Buster/Quick servants, GUDAGUDA Poster Girl is okay, not great.
    I'll jump in here.

At the time this event ran originally, Ogitamon was considered one of the best ST Sabers. The majority of high-rarity Sabers at the time had AoE NPs, so an ST NP - and a Quick NP at that - was uncommon. Since then, however, her utility has decreased. There are other ST Sabers, such as Saberlot. There are other powerful Quick users, such as Jack. And Okita's kit is not particularly niche or novel - it's Quick/crit oriented, full stop. That's not to say she's bad - she's a delightful Samurai Saberface, and deserves headpats, but she's not as powerful as she was once viewed. At least, not until we get Skadi.

Aside from her, the banner features OG EMIYA and some disappointing 3-star Servants. So, basically just Ogitamon.

As for the banner CEs, Fate GUDAGUDA Order is kind of meh - does everything, but none of it particularly well. After-Party Order, as Yael says, is decent on Buster/Quick Servants, but that's a bit of a niche and you might have something better for them.

But Poster Girl? That's an entirely different animal. There are relatively few CEs with a built-in Taunt. I can recall Outrage (Taunt 1 turn, +15/20% NP gen), Grand New Year (Taunt 1 turn, Invincibility 1 turn, debuff resist +10/20%), and Halloween Arrangement (Taunt 1 turn, DEF +60/80% 1 turn). And Poster Girl. Unlike those others, Poster Girl is the only one that offers not one, but three turns of Taunt. Admittedly, it doesn't offer the Invincibility of Grand New Year or the DEF boost of Halloween Arrangement. But three turns of Taunt means three turns of sacrifice. When facing an ST boss, swapping out a vulnerable but effective Servant (e.g. a Berserker) for a sacrificial lamb with strong DEF and this Taunt CE (e.g. a Ruler or similarly resistant Servant) means three turns, maybe even an NP soak, of the rest of your party taking no damage. Used tactically and with the Plugsuit, this is an extremely potent stalling tactic.

That's not to say it's worth pulling on the banner for this CE; it probably isn't unless you're super into Shinsengumi jidaigeki. But let's not dismiss Poster Girl altogether.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

According to the summon simulator in Gamepress, it would take me 200 quartz to pull her. The summon simulator is obviously flawless science, so I won't push my luck.

I will use my tickets though. If only to get the event CEs.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground

I did a ten-pull, just for giggles...three CEs, only one of which was from the event, and a pile of Mana Prisms Three star servants. Meh.

Factotum Variants!

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    At least, not until we get Skadi.
    For some reason, I was thinking with Skadi in mind. But yeah, currently Buster is the dominant meta, and Okita suffers a lack of a good Quick support. Poor, poor Sakura Saber.

"**** if I know."

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

How dare you tempt me like that.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Orc in the Playground

since christmas these fp event ce's have REFUSED to drop. (maybe as far back as halloween)

also, apparently there's a maintenance... ok

Ellenate <--- Click for Ellenate webcomic, season 3!
    Ellenate Twitter <--- Click for pretty pictures.

28. - Top - End - #268

Quote Originally Posted by ellenate View Post
    since christmas these fp event ce's have REFUSED to drop. (maybe as far back as halloween)

also, apparently there's a maintenance... ok
    I'm wondering if those might be related - I did 30 or so free pulls and got a half dozen chaldea boys CEs, but 0 for the current event. The only one I have is from a quartz draw.
    Last edited by spectralphoenix; 2019-03-13 at 11:37 PM.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by spectralphoenix View Post
    I'm wondering if those might be related - I did 30 or so free pulls and got a half dozen chaldea boys CEs, but 0 for the current event. The only one I have is from a quartz draw.

depends. i always figured that the 3star ce's were all weighed the same but i suppose the event/featured ce's could have higher rates.

I really hate farming without event ce's, it's like quadruple the work. (granted i always feel this way. after a week, i've usually cleared everything i wanted from the shop, and end up logging in just for dailies during the second week stretch of the event.)

Ellenate <--- Click for Ellenate webcomic, season 3!
    Ellenate Twitter <--- Click for pretty pictures.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Troll in the Playground

All hail the great Nobu! Who has heralded not double maintenance quartz but 8 and now we will be getting a ninth quartz!

As much as I like okita and as much as I would like to grind the shop faster I cannot pull on this banner. I spent my one event ticket everything else is going to the suzuka gozen pile for now.

Current avatar by me