The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

mad Re: The Dragon Empire: Savage Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by H. Von Studley View Post
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?????

I wasn't expecting that. That flesh question seems even more foreboding now. Cool twist.
    Sorry I missed the flesh question. But I am very happy with being a ghost.
    Last edited by brandnewb; 2019-06-21 at 05:39 AM.

2. - Top - End - #152

Default Re: The Dragon Empire: Savage Worlds

I will convert Andrew when I get the chance.

I never got to use his Cavalier steed. Any chance that opportunity might come up?
    Spoiler: Playing as...
    Show
    River in The Dragon Empire

Sir Andrew Christof in The Dragon Empire

Spoiler: GM of...
    Show

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I also vote yes for zombie horse.

4. - Top - End - #154

DwarfFighterGuy

Are we evil now? Are moral inhibitions gone? Specifically when can zombie start eating brains.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Asking for a friend.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewb View Post
    Sorry I missed the flesh question. But I am very happy with being a ghost.
    It's cool, I was originally going to flip a coin for Zombie or Skeleton, but then thought I'd be cheeky.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeryk View Post
    I will convert Andrew when I get the chance.

I never got to use his Cavalier steed. Any chance that opportunity might come up?
    I got their gear (what's left) converted, and converted some stuff for them in Edges and Abilities.

He can indeed use his steed. I included some stuff in the Familiar's section for it. His horse would have Quadruped, Large, Hooves, and Riding naturally.

If he doesn't take Familiar or Improved Familiar, she'll just remain a normal horse for now. She wasn't around when he was slain, so she's still alive somewhere probably in the Order's stables.

Well that is sweet. Does Robert have any clue that he is a ghost?

Edit: would he know he can't cross salt? Or be afraid of it?

Also I will need to think on it for the maneuver. Maybe if I can get the lore wardens bonus to combat manouvers in some form.
    He would feel an innate revulsion to the salt. He can see himself, she he could clearly see something's wrong.

I can convert some Lore Warden stuff for you tomorrow, sure.

Are we evil now? Are moral inhibitions gone? Specifically when can zombie start eating brains.
    There's no Alignment shift, so how you react to your new abilities is up to you.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Added Scholastic and Maneuver Mastery as Edges; the latter I made a bit like Marksman for melee weapons (or pistols used in melee).
    Added Know Thy Enemy and Hair's Breadth as Abilities.

8. - Top - End - #158

Asking for a friend.
    LOL!

I'm really digging this zombie thing, can't wait to play it out :D
    Show

Show

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Yeah same, it's really cool. It makes complete sense now, but it being Sarah took me by surprise. To think we almost didn't rescue her.

What is a success on a soak roll? 4? Does that mean if you roll an 8 you soak 2 and if you roll 12 you soak all 3 wounds?

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

So Azrin should roll for his powers I suppose:
    (1d12)[1] or (1d6)[3] for the Energize Hexcraft check.
    (1d12)[7] or (1d6)[4] for the Aggressive Thundercloud Hexcraft check. Cultist 3 makes a Vigor check or is shaken, and takes 2d4 Electric Magic damage if he ends his turn there.

Azrin had moved to kinda behind Ed, or sorta behind and between Ed and River.

I'll work on converting Asma over to SW this weekend - fun!
    "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right." - Salvor Hardin

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

LOL!

Glad to see you're enjoying the deadside so far.

Yeah same, it's really cool. It makes complete sense now, but it being Sarah took me by surprise. To think we almost didn't rescue her.

What is a success on a soak roll? 4? Does that mean if you roll an 8 you soak 2 and if you roll 12 you soak all 3 wounds?
    Correct. Every 4 is a success.

Quote Originally Posted by Archemist View Post
    So Azrin should roll for his powers I suppose:
    [roll0] or [roll1] for the Energize Hexcraft check.
    [roll2] or [roll3] for the Aggressive Thundercloud Hexcraft check. Cultist 3 makes a Vigor check or is shaken, and takes 2d4 Electric Magic damage if he ends his turn there.

Azrin had moved to kinda behind Ed, or sorta behind and between Ed and River.

I'll work on converting Asma over to SW this weekend - fun!
    The good news is Asma was pretty much a blank slate, so you have free reign there.

And unfortunately, buff-type actions like Energize can't be paired with other spells/powers, just normal actions. You can choose to do either the Energize or the Thundercloud, either would succeed with the Joker bonus.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Oh, I see - might actually stick with the cloud, then, and since the type for the other action has to change, I think maybe just shooting after all. Shooting (1d8)[3] or (1d6)[6] minus whatever cover penalty the other crew provide. The musket does (2d8)[11] piercing damage.
    "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right." - Salvor Hardin

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Wooo wild die explosion, haha. [roll0]. Edited to add: Sigh, that roll didn't work. Forum giving an error - I'll try again in a bit.
    Last edited by Archemist; 2019-06-23 at 01:26 AM.

14. - Top - End - #164

DwarfFighterGuy

Ok so I have not really taken the time to learn this system.

I don't know what Bennies are or how I know how many I have. but I will take 1 or 2 to try and save Olivin from dying. Can you take more than one for vigor checks?

vigor (1d8+1)[2] + one for that thing the turtle? gave
    wild (1d6)[6]

Also it is martial talent that I have a free thing for. Can I take the maneuver master for that?

15. - Top - End - #165

DwarfFighterGuy

How does one use dodge? Can Olivin roll dodge to attempt to avoid these?

Edit: Also what are the guidelines for building our undead characters. Robert basically can't be a gunslinger any more. He can only actually carry his pistol for a Power Points number of rounds. Unless someone carriers if for him he is stuck wherever it is. I guess the zombie can carry it.

Can he take a level in something completely different? Like Sorcerer?

Is he a human? Or a Ghost or a human Ghost? Do I still get to give him the human traits?
    Last edited by brandnewb; 2019-06-25 at 02:30 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166

Sir Andrew Christof is under development for the new system. I've also linked him in my signature block. I will be doing his steed, Isabelle, as well when I get the time.
    Last edited by Aeryk; 2019-06-25 at 02:12 PM.
    Show

Show

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Ok so I have not really taken the time to learn this system.

I don't know what Bennies are or how I know how many I have. but I will take 1 or 2 to try and save Olivin from dying. Can you take more than one for vigor checks?

vigor (1d6)[3] + one for that thing the turtle? gave
    wild [roll1]

Also it is martial talent that I have a free thing for. Can I take the maneuver master for that?
    Bennies are used for rerolls. Characters have 3 per day, unless they have Bad Luck/Luck/Great Luck.

Soaking costs 1, and you can reroll the Soak roll for 1 as you could any other roll. Your d6 aced there, which means it rolled its max value and gets to roll again. I'll roll it here:

(1d6)[3]

Edit: That would be 6 and 3 for a total of 9 to Soak. That would Soak 2 of the Wounds. He would be left Shaken with 1 Wound, and need to make a Spirit check to recover from Shaken on his turn (or spend another Benny to clear it automatically). He can still act while Shaken even if he fails to recover, but suffers a -2 penalty to his checks from it and can't cast spells.
    Clearing Shaken with 7 or less also suffers a -2 penalty for just that turn; getting 8+ is a perfect clear.

He could alternatively attempt to reroll his Soak check, and hope to clear all Wounds with that. He wouldn't lose the 9 he already got, since it takes the better result. Bennies work a lot like Hero Tokens.

It is a Martial Talent he gets at Level 7, yes. Maneuver Mastery is an Edge, so he wouldn't be able to take that in place of a Talent. Anything at Seasoned or below in the Abilities section that has a Talent version is fair game.

How does one use dodge? Can Olivin roll dodge to attempt to avoid these?

Edit: Also what are the guidelines for building our undead characters. Robert basically can't be a gunslinger any more. He can only actually carry his pistol for a Power Points number of rounds. Unless someone carriers if for him he is stuck wherever it is. I guess the zombie can carry it.

Can he take a level in something completely different? Like Sorcerer?

Is he a human? Or a Ghost or a human Ghost? Do I still get to give him the human traits?
    He doesn't really need to be bound by classes. If you'd like to give him more ghostly powers as 'spells' he could take Arcane Background (Bloodline) and take necromancy/ghost themed spells.

I'm also planning on having his pistol be a bit special, since like his uniform it was something he poured a lot of his identity into, and it's in effect the item that Sarah bound his spirit to. He'll be able to possess his specific pistol at no PP cost, but if it is ever completely destroyed beyond repair he will 'die'.

He is a Human with the Ghost template. So you can build him as a human, and apply the ghost traits on top of it.

Sir Andrew Christof is under development for the new system. I've also linked him in my signature block. I will be doing his steed, Isabelle, as well when I get the time.
    Isabelle will get the Quadruped, Large, Hooves, Bite, and Riding Familiar traits for free. You can build her like an Animal Companion, though she'll lack Evolutions beyond what she gets naturally, and won't have the 2 Benny pool other companions get (unless Andrew takes the Beast Master Edge).
    Last edited by RandomWombat; 2019-06-25 at 04:05 PM.

18. - Top - End - #168

DwarfFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by RandomWombat View Post
    I'm also planning on having his pistol be a bit special, since like his uniform it was something he poured a lot of his identity into, and it's in effect the item that Sarah bound his spirit to. He'll be able to possess his specific pistol at no PP cost, but if it is ever completely destroyed beyond repair he will 'die'.
    Nice. That is really cool. I feel like if a ghost recognized that a item was his bound object he would not carry it around but would put it somewhere safe.

I will look to making him more like a ghost and focus his magic on 'ghost' themed stuff.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Just a heads up to y'all, I'm working two jobs now and both of them are probably going to be busy next week. So if I ghost (no pun intended) for a bit that's why.

20. - Top - End - #170

I'd like to have a medium shield for Andrew if that's alright. I was using the longsword 2 handed to get the extra damage in PF, but I don't think anything like that exists in SW. Also, I've taken the Phalanx Lancer and Improved Phalanx Lancer, which require a shield.

Edit: Also, why is the lance statted differently in your doc than in the rulebook? And why can it only be used mounted?
    Last edited by Aeryk; 2019-06-26 at 10:14 PM.
    Show

Show

21. - Top - End - #171

DwarfFighterGuy

Would being an undead ghost count as a quirk hindrance? ;-)

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Been working on Asma, and I realized that right now the elemental barbarian thing she had going is gonna end up a lot like River with half the levels, if she goes with Ki as a Rage substitute. I'm working on making her seem less derivative though.

23. - Top - End - #173

Been working on Asma, and I realized that right now the elemental barbarian thing she had going is gonna end up a lot like River with half the levels, if she goes with Ki as a Rage substitute. I'm working on making her seem less derivative though.
    No worries :)

Also, kinda nerding out right now, but I made this new code to put into the SW character spreadsheet if anyone is interested. It keeps from having to look up the level to rank conversion (ie, what levels equate to veteran, novice, etc). If you stick this text into the Rank box, which is currently just a drop down, it will instead reference what level you are and automatically populate the rank box with the correct rank.

Spoiler: Code
    Show
    =IFS(AND(E2>=1,E2<=3),"Novice",AND(E2>=4,E2<=6),"S easoned",AND(E2>=7,E2<=10),"Veteran",AND(E2>=11,E2 <=15),"Heroic",AND(E2>=16,E2<=20),"Legendary")

P.S. If you want to get rid of the drop-down arrow (which is now pointless with the new code), you can just right click the rank box, go to 'Data Validation' and then disable the data validation. If not, it will still work fine. Just a knit-picky formatting thing for me.
    Show

Show

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I'd like to have a medium shield for Andrew if that's alright. I was using the longsword 2 handed to get the extra damage in PF, but I don't think anything like that exists in SW. Also, I've taken the Phalanx Lancer and Improved Phalanx Lancer, which require a shield.

Edit: Also, why is the lance statted differently in your doc than in the rulebook? And why can it only be used mounted?
    Sure, added a Medium Shield.

Lances as a weapon are actually designed to be used by cavalry, rather than on foot. Using one on foot would probably be possible, but it would be quite cumbersome - the circular grip/guard isn't made for two-handing by infantry, so you'd be holding it like a greatsword with only a point and no blade.
    Granted, at that point it's effectively a greatclub, since you can still cobber people with it.

As far as the stats, I was converting using the Deluxe Edition as a reference. It gives them the same damage as a longsword, adds the mounted qualifier, and buffs its AP, but limits the AP to charges.

For a more versatile infantry weapon he could have a spear or halberd as well, and keep the lance on Isabelle for use when he's fighting as cavalry?

Would being an undead ghost count as a quirk hindrance? ;-)
    Not quite. It would probably fit as an Outsider Hindrance. Quirk is more like a thief with a signature calling card, or a snooty noble who refuses to speak directly to peasasnts.

Sounds interesting. Just let me know if you need anything converted.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Are we continuing in initiative?

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I'll try and get a post up tomorrow after work. Just been tired.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Oh no, all good, no hurry. I just wanted to make sure we weren't waiting on me. Real life comes first.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Oh. Yes, we're still in Init. So it's Ed and Oli's turns.

29. - Top - End - #179

DwarfFighterGuy

So what did Olivin take two wounds?

And he would not be shaken? Taking -2?

Feel like he had better pull back.
    Last edited by brandnewb; 2019-06-30 at 07:07 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

(1d6)[5] - this is Azrin's explodey dice on the musket attack finally.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing - this is Asma's sheet, let me know what you think.