New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Quote Based Worldbuilding 4: One More Time

"Cowards die many times in their life. But the death taste of death but once."- Avaunt leIsyitch III, ganger resistance leader.

"A mage of the Green Order could not hope to best me- those sniveling fools waste latent arcane power on talking to plants."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

"A mage of the Green Order could not hope to best me- those sniveling fools waste latent arcane power on talking to plants." Proclaimed by the mad lad red cap pyromancer, Eric Archer before challenging the entire Green Order for ownership of the iron wood forest.

"Beware the Master of Masters, Levistus king of the 7 seas. Please I beg you to let him remain in his icy prison, sure he MAY be able to destroy the 7 towers but at what cost !"
    Beautiful Avatar thanks to Gengy

Hangs out on the World building forums

Giantitp projects: Caligoven the toxic seas, Baalbek Empire!3, Coatl Empire!4, Short and sweet world building
    Personal stuff: World of Tieg, Nexus: City of the Multiverse, Forgotten Planet Lost Between 2 stars, World of the 9 gates
    Spoiler: The gift that keeps on giving
    Show
    Spoiler: and giving
    Show
    Spoiler: and giving some more
    Show
    Spoiler: Metric tons of giving
    Show
    Spoiler: Keep going
    Show
    Spoiler: Suprise
    Show

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

"Beware the Master of Masters, Levistus king of the 7 seas. Please I beg you to let him remain in his icy prison, sure he MAY be able to destroy the 7 towers but at what cost !"
    Falsified letter written by Levistus itself for convincing an arch wizard that he is still trapped.
    "Drop your weapons now or face death"

4. - Top - End - #34
    Halfling in the Playground

Flumph

"Drop your weapons now, or face death" The Last Captain, to Archmage Heinreich Grimstone II, just before the Rise of the Serpent Star and the creation of the first Scalestone.

"There is no limit to the power found within the stars. Let me show you..."

5. - Top - End - #35

Flumph

"No! Stay! For heaven's sake don't flee, you yellow-bellied cowards!" - Captain Anderi, at the Batte of Falling Stones.

"Remember our mission. Remember the Light, and remeber the Flame. They are yours now..."

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

"Remember our mission. Remember the Light, and remeber the Flame. They are yours now..."
    Raelyese leIsyitch in his book dedicated to other pyromaniacs wanting to burn wizards.

"We are nearly at the top. I hope we can escape from there"
    Last edited by noob; 2019-02-14 at 02:58 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37

"We are nearly at the top. I hope we can escape from there" Said by Sir Salazar Escoban in an uneasy alliance with the pyromaniac Kara Xander in an attempt to escape the tower of Levistus via summoned demons birds.

"Its calls, can't you hear it, the seven seas call to me. Everyday, every night, it calls to me. I wish i could just rip my ears off so I won't have to hear it anymore!"

Giantitp projects: Caligoven the toxic seas, Baalbek Empire!3, Coatl Empire!4, Short and sweet world building
    Personal stuff: World of Tieg, Nexus: City of the Multiverse, Forgotten Planet Lost Between 2 stars, World of the 9 gates
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

"Its calls, can't you hear it, the seven seas call to me. Everyday, every night, it calls to me. I wish i could just rip my ears off so I won't have to hear it anymore!"- Vedalia Sola DeClaire, merblooded witch-priest

"Ezde, I summon thee! Ezde, lady of a thousand spells, founder of the Violet Order, I invoke thee!"

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ezde, I summon thee! Ezde, lady of a thousand spells, founder of the Violet Order, I invoke thee!" - Eljbric the Pale, realizing that his own power was insufficient to release the Beast, and, despite it going against everything he stood for, calling on a Tower Archmage.

"Yes, we call Levistus a beast. Any... man able to hold that much power with no Tower richly deserves that epithet."
    Last edited by D20ragon; 2019-02-17 at 09:50 AM.
    Washed up Gm in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenChord View Post
    This seems like a level of crazy-talk only you could accomplish.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Mick View Post
    ... I've played a few games with D20ragon as GM in the past, and I have to vouch for his skill - he's an excellent writer, his world-building is top-notch ... and his games are, while sometimes too ambitious, some of the most fun to be had on these boards.
    avatar by the marvelous asdflove

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by D20ragon View Post

"Yes, we call Levistus a beast. Any... man able to hold that much power with no Tower richly deserves that epithet."
    Mariana desNainos, low-tier Scribe to of the Rose-tower, defending the official archmages dogma to her rebellious doppelganger friend, Flit.

"Yes, I remember your world of spires and fire. But we have traded that cramped conflict for the freedom of vast emptyness. The future of mankind- mortalkind, lies out here, not there.
    LGBTA+itP
    I'm dyslectic and English is not my first language, so I'll probably make a few spelling errors.
    the Third god of Ghysa, the Rainbow Prince(ss) (RIP), and None, Master of Shadows, and currently Nature's Sculptor, Nathall

11. - Top - End - #41

"Yes, I remember your world of spires and fire. But we have traded that cramped conflict for the freedom of vast emptyness. The future of mankind- mortalkind, lies out here, not there." General Eri Magnus, Queen of the Witches trying to convince the order of the pyromaniacs to join her in setting up a new tower in the sky.

I'm not sure what scares me more, facing you here, or fighting off the Beast whose blood spawns hydra's.

Show
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Barbarian in the Playground

"I'm not sure what scares me more, facing you here, or fighting off the Beast whose blood spawns hydra's." Mercenary Sildar Hallwinter, discovering that his employee had actually been his evil lich father, and had lured him into the cave of the dreaded Αiua-Yopa

S'blood, do you think I am easier to be played upon than a pipe! Although you can fret me, you cannot play me!"

13. - Top - End - #43

SwashbucklerGuy

"S'blood, do you think I am easier to be played upon than a pipe! Although you can fret me, you cannot play me!" - Aashal, renowned bard, seventeen seconds before being murdered by her husband

"Look around you, men! This is the land we've sworn to protect! And I'll be damned if we don't lay down our lives to protect it!"
    "Urgh... That bedamned clapperclaw blocks the path!"

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

"Look around you, men! This is the land we've sworn to protect! And I'll be damned if we don't lay down our lives to protect it!"- Woshyre LeIsyitch, Torchbearer leader

"Wash your tentacles before you eat."

15. - Top - End - #45
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

"Wash your tentacles before you eat" Qhessk Zarsrurm Lord of the Illithlid Hordes declared before opening a portal to an Otherealm and unleashing the God Kings of Raggs upon the world.

"They are unstoppable - not even the might of the towers will hold against their onslaught"

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

"They are unstoppable - not even the might of the towers will hold against their onslaught"
    Words spread within the towers by the minister of propaganda under the command of Levistus.

"Pietrov Dimir when will you give up trying to stop me? No amount of your so called right will make you succeed."

17. - Top - End - #47
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

"Pietrov Dimir when will you give up trying to stop me? No amount of your so called right will make you succeed." God King Tito von Raggs addresses Kalashimir, strongest of the archmages, lord of the 7th Tower.

"They are like a plague, there is no escape from their clutches"

18. - Top - End - #48

"They are like a plague, there is no escape from their clutches" Vice mage Nadir describing the illithid hoards when weighing his options.

"Please...please, just end it here, perhaps Levistus will show us mercy if we just tell him the truth."

Show
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

"Please...please, just end it here, perhaps Levistus will show us mercy if we just tell him the truth."- Vice Mage Nadir, caught between an illithid horde and the legions of Levistus.

"And you. YOU! You have stained my honor and sullied my family name. Wh- Stay here, you coward!"
    Last edited by Sizzlefoot; 2019-03-04 at 11:39 PM.