New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Shadows around Ossington IC

"Not even ghost slime left, and there is more of them? Well ghosts are dead people, and dead people are buried somewhere, maybe if we take the stuff they're buried with, they won't be able to use it?" The greedy goat gato murmurs. "Or perhaps this town of yours would be interested in some of my wares? I'm the glorious merchant, Aldric Godsglory, perhaps you've heard of me before?"
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

I am called Vozrial. These are my horsemen.
    Vozrial affectionately pets the 4 muscled wolves that follow him.

Perhaps we should get back to your town and continue the conversation there? We have been traveling for a long while.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by NiveanDauphin View Post
    I'm from Ossington. The ghost started attacking us not too long ago. I was sent to get help. Ossington was founded by druids long ago, and the ghost hates everyone there. I don't know why.
    "What a fascinating mystery!" Gottard exclaims. "Do you wish to continue on, and find more aid? Or are we enough for you?"

4. - Top - End - #34

Kobold

I must go on and try to reach the outside. You are welcome to come to Ossington and the town will surely be glad to hear of what you have done.

Unless you stop him, the surviving villager leaves shortly thereafter. Hopefully he is more lucky with the ghost behind him

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

Bjarki shrugs, wipes off the dust from his weapon, and gestures in the vague direction of the villager "Onwards then?"
    ARRRRGH, I'm a pirate, ninjas are no match for me, Yargh!
    Also this awesome avatar was done by KillItWithFire

6. - Top - End - #36

Jackson shrugs slightly. It would appear he's fairly set on going for help. Perhaps we should go to his village and see if there is something we can do until he returns...

Jackson smirked as he finished speaking. Saying a quiet phrase as his armor and weapons disappear back into his ring. He felt a slight need to do some vigilante work and this seemed like the perfect excuse.

They may even have a working forge for me to make a few coins as we wait! he laughed aloud at the thought.

7. - Top - End - #37

WolfInSheepsClothing

I hope you find the Aid you are seeking, then! Says Gottard. As for us, we must continue our journey.

He turns to his companions. "On to Ossington, then? I never could resist a good mystery, and this sounds like a fascinating one."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

Agreed, I think it best we get to this town. We are in need of explanations, I think.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

"Of course, we're certainly not going to improve our finances standing around here."

10. - Top - End - #40

Kobold

You travel a ways further down the silent forest and reach the town of Ossington. Many of the buildings are boarded up and the people still there seem to Mill about aimlessly. Then, later than you might expect, one of them notices you already near the center of the town and begin to shout excitedly.

They cheer and ask for news of the outside.

11. - Top - End - #41

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

You mind giving us a bit more of a description for the town? How big is it? What are it's roads like, that kind of thing?

12. - Top - End - #42

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritus View Post
    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

You mind giving us a bit more of a description for the town? How big is it? What are it's roads like, that kind of thing?
    This is a fair sized town, especially given how isolated it is. The buildings seem established and fairly large. They are mostly stone and thatch, which is frankly a little weird for a village in the woods. You would think they would be wood. The town seems like it should have even more people and be even bigger, but it is pretty centralized into this well developed but small district, and the population seems too small, like a lot of people died recently.
    The roads are well packed dirt and some cobble, which again, is unexpected.

13. - Top - End - #43

Such a curious village... Jackson ran his hand over his head as he looked about.

So, what exactly is going on here? A ghost?

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

"Probably took to the plague. A plague of those ghost things running them down and a rash of stabbins until death. Likely not enough money here at all for anything of importance but on the other hand, I bet the land sells for a steal now. Could set up an economic base here.. Just need a river."