New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default New Sith Wars IC

Republic Intelligence Safe House 09264, Coruscant
    0800 hours

Six beings sit clustered around an active holoprojector in a dimly-lit, soundproofed, windowless room deep beneath the shining surface of the Galactic Republic's capital world. On one side are a rather motley assortment of beings, consisting of two Humans, a Zygerrian, and a Sluissi. On the other are two more humans, a older, bearded man in armored brown robes and a bitter-looking younger man with a shaved head, a long scar all but bisecting his face, and a cybernetic right eye. The latter, Colonel Augustine of Republic Intelligence, is speaking.

"As you can see there isn't a lot to go on," he says in a subdued tone. "From what we can tell, their ship was custom-made. It never registered with any traffic authority, and we have no records of its arrival. It could have been sitting down here in the underworld for months before they made their move, we just don't know."

As he speaks, the holoprojector goes through images of captives being forcibly herded by five black-cloaked figures and two machines onto a skyscraper's exterior landing pad, and into a sleek-looking ship of unknown make. One attempts to refuse, and is summarily punched in the face hard enough to send him flying, and then his limp body is dragged on board regardless. Just as the last of the captives are being shoved roughly up the landing ramp, airspeeders begin moving into view. The two droids open fire with blaster pistols, four of the black cloaks retreat into the ship, and the final one draws a lightsaber. Blaster bolts fly in all directions, some exploding in showers of sparks against the machines' armor, some deflected by the energy blade. As an armored airspeeder draws near the platform, the Sith makes a fist and then telekinetically slams the whole thing into the skyscraper, crushing its engine and leaving the crew to plummet to a hideous demise hundreds of stories below. The old man winces slightly, Colonel Augustine seems unmoved.

The hooded Sith and droids retreat towards the ship's ramp as more airspeeders disgorge Republic soldiers and judicials onto the landing platform, deflecting fire back at them as he does. He soon vanishes from the holocamera's viewpoint, and the ship begins to rise mere seconds later. One droid braces, them leaps nimbly onto the rapidly-closing landing ramp. The second attempts to do likewise, but a blaster bolt catches it right in the upper leg joint and blows the whole limb clean off. The ship rises quickly and vanishes from the frame, abandoning the machine without a moment's hesitation. The Republic soldiers fire what meager heavy weapons they have after it, to no apparent avail.

"The droid self-destructed rather than be captured," the old man, Jedi Master Alour, informs the small group as the image changes. "But we recovered enough pieces to positively identify it as one of this line."

The holoprojector now shows a rather disturbing machine up close. It's humanoid, though its legs are angled backwards starting at the knee like some lizard creature's and end in clawed feet reminiscent of an avian raptor's. Even its grey armored torso is thinner than your average humanoid's, its limbs are almost skeletal. Its metal face is devoid of features save for an almost insectile hexagon of photorecptors. This one is bearing a rather plain looking single-edged sword in one hand and a blaster pistol in the other, though the one on the video only seemed to be using a blaster rifle.

"The JS-series of assassin droids is an abomination even by Sith standards," Master Alour pronounces with a genuine look of disgust. "The whole line appears to be some sort of fusion between Sith alchemy and the latest robotics, a blend of magic and machine. They only exist to spread terror and death through the galaxy, and above all else to kill Jedi."

"They didn't come here to hear you moralize," Colonel Augustine's lips curl. "They came for actionable intelligence." He turns back to the four other beings. "What you'll want to know is that JS droids only come from one known source, Darth Ferrus and his factories on the planet Fornax."

The holo image shifts again, this time to a humanoid in a dark cloak with a surprisingly plain metal mask covering his face. Obviously powered gauntlets cover up his forearms, while the toes of heavy boots emerge from the bottom of his robe.

"He's a Sith Lord with no great deeds to his name, no battles won or enemies terminated. We don't have any records of him ever participating directly in the war at all." Augustine continues. "He wouldn't be notable at all if it weren't for the damnable gear he makes a habit of selling to every two-bit Sith warlord who'll pay him. Guns, armor, droids, cybernetic implants, custom starships, he's more like some corporate bigwig than a real Sith."

"Don't be fooled, everything he creates is tainted with alchemical processes and draws power from the dark side," Master Alour retorts briefly. "But it's habit of selling the droids that raises doubts about his culpability here. He might want whatever cybernetic advances Doctor Bophro and his team were working on, but so might any number of other Sith. It would be unusually bold of him to attack Coruscant, and it could just as easily have been one of his 'customers'."

"Whoever the kidnappers were," Colonel Augustine takes up the conversation, "Republic Intelligence calculates that based on the size of their ship and the number of passengers they would soon need to stop off for fuel and supplies if they were attempting to escape Republic space as quickly as possible. The most logical escape route would take them through Denon."

The holoprojector shifts yet again, this time displaying an image of the Inner Rim ecumenopolis world often dubbed "Little Coruscant". Located at the extremely strategic crossroads of the Hydian Way and Corellian Run, it fell to a surprise attack from the Sith some months ago.

"The Hydian Way would take them swiftly and efficiently towards Fornax, or most of the other worlds of the Sith Empire. Stopping over at Denon would allow them to quickly refuel and take one any supplies they needed before heading further out towards the Rim. From our profile of Darth Chordis' fleet there, it's very unlikely they could have done so without being noticed and paying tribute."

Darth Chordis is well-known in the Republic as an especially aggressive Sith warlord. Some months ago he captured Denon, bringing Sith dominion to the very edge of the Colonies region. Infamously, he beheaded the acting Chancellor of the Denon's ruling body on the steps of the planet's Palace of Democracy before vowing to do the same to the Supreme Chancellor on the steps of the Galactic Senate. The act was transmitted widely across the holonet by Sith slicers.

"It might even have been Chordis who ordered the kidnapping, a bold strike like that would certainly be more of his preferred modus operandi." Colonel Augustine observes.

"He isn't known for be sentimental about his soldiers, though," Master Alour frowns. "So what would he need medical cybernetics for?"

"To keep them out of our hands, obviously," Augustine retorts. "Whatever the case, intelligence indicates he leaves day to day issues of the planet in the hands of Lady Sacrisa so he can focus on the war."

This time the projector shows a red-skinned female in lavish purple robes threaded with golden sigils and trimmed with black. Her jet-black hair is wound elaborately into a rather anachronistic jeweled headdress, and several strange fetishes of metal and bone dangle from her neck and belt. Small boney spines protrude from the middle of her jawline before curving to terminate under her chin. She would be rather good looking were it not for the intensely sour expression on her face.

"Yes, Sith Purebloods are supposed to be extinct," Augustine preempts the obvious question. "And no, we don't know where Chordis dug up this one. What's important is her administration is the most likely to have information on who these kidnappers were, and where they went. The first part of your mission is to get it from her minions, or find it any other way that you can. From the way they acted, Intelligence believes that at least some of the black cloaks who abducted our men weren't Sith. It's very possible some of them were mercenaries picked up or left off on Denon, so it's also possible that you might be able to locate one of them there."

"The cover story that we're planning to use is the Czerka Corporation is interested in buying the schematics for anything that Doctor Bophro's team has been working on," Master Alour nods briefly at the Zygerrian. "And with their reputation acts of subterfuge and skulduggery in pursuit of that goal won't be seen as out of the ordinary. We know their office on Denon has wasted little time getting friendly with the new Sith regime, that may be another route you can use."

"But I think the two of us spoken for long enough," Augustine says. "Do you all have anything to ask?"

"Or to add?" Alour looks at the other four beings.
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: New Sith Wars IC

Onyx smirks the entire time the story is being recounted and information is being given. When it's finally complete, he looks at the people next to him, before turning back to the two across the table.
    "Now I know why you care about this but why should I care about this? And what exactly are you wanting done? Is this an Intel mission or are we suppose to be a rescue party?"
    Last edited by GSisco; 2019-02-09 at 02:49 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Dax

“Why us, out of all the intelligence operatives and veteran special forces soldiers in the republic?” Dax asked.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

4. - Top - End - #4
    Colossus in the Playground

Boone has attended the meeting in the kind of garb she usually dons for forays into Republic space, her meetings with Jedi and the Republic. Her long black hair has been tightly tucked into a bun, her makeup styled to soften her prominent facial features and exaggerate her subtle ones, and her fine clothes exchanged for the leathers of a spacer.

She's heard parts of the briefing before - it was how she learned about being picked for the mission, after all - and sits through most of it with a curious tilt of her head. The thing that stands out most to her is the Droids - made to kill a Jedi means made to kill Sith, unless they're been programmed to not attack anyone wearing black and red. It was stupid to let a factory pour the things out, things that could just as easily be turned against them as their enemies, but she supposed none of them saw that. The benefit of having a Jedi-killer made the threat of a Sith-killer negligible, to idiots.

"I'm ready to go whenever these chaps are convinced." Boone says, with a light air as she adjusts her jacket. "Although a handful of Ion Grenades wouldn't go amiss, should we run into these JS Droids. I can deal with my angry brethren any day, but I'd like to err on the safe side with those nasty little things."

<ostly, she hopes her colleagues are up to the task. The boy is a Jedi - it's written plain on his face - and certainly built like a fighter. The Sliussi and Zygerrian...well, she knows that much from having spent most of her life near the Outer Rim, but picking up much beyond that is a little more difficult from a glance. The prejudice of her fellows in the Sith would tell her the Zygerrian is a smooth-talking bureaucrat and the Sliussi spends most of his time buried in gears and wires. But what are the chances of that?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Ten

The Sluissi's tongue flicks out, tasting the air. He can feel the old excitement coming over him again—that strange mix of fear and eagerness that sets him apart from his kin."You have me, sirs, but you knew that when you picked me for this. he straightens to full, military attention "Chief Warrant Officer Ten Dorne reporting for duty!"

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Master Alour frowns visibly at Onyx's question, though his companion appears stoic and unphased by it.

"If the prospect of potentially saving millions of lives and helping to avert a future where those not sensitive to the Force are enslave or killed on a whim isn't enough for you," the Jedi replies, "then perhaps I should point out the Republic can pay very well for the return of its personnel. And if you're seeking something more than money, please be aware we do have other contacts besides yourself in Czerka Corp. The Republic could always... pull some strings to see that your career advances to where you'd like to see yourself." He seems visibly uncomfortable with the notion. "And of course this mission was authorized by the Supreme Chancellor herself, if you complete it successfully I believe she could be convinced to owe you a favor."

"As to your other question," Colonel Augustine picks up for him, "What we want is for you to rescue Dr. Bophro and his team if at all possible, or at the very least a report on their fate if you locate them too late." He takes a slight breath. "Addressing yours, young Jedi, you don't appear to understand just how stretched our forces are. There are a thousand and more battlefields across the galaxy, and Republic Intelligence is active on almost all of them and many more worlds besides. We simply don't have the luxury of elite strike teams sitting on Coruscant doing nothing just in case something happens. They're almost all already engaged on the field or fermenting guerilla resistance movements on Sith-occupied worlds. If you had read the intelligence reports that I have, you would know the Sith provide more than enough doomsday plots to keep our best agents quite occupied. For example," he taps his artificial eye and runs his hands down his facial scar, "I got this from some crazy Sith witch trying to stir up a zombie plague on Kuat. Lightsabers across the face burn like hell." For the first time, the corner of Augustine's mouth twitches upwards. "But a frag grenade exploding behind you hurts a lot more."

"The Jedi are in a similar situation, in afraid." Master Alour sighs. "Besides those too young, too old," he smiles in a slightly self-deprecating manner "or too injured to fight, there aren't many left in the Temple here. The Republic can't afford it." He shakes his head. "On a more positive note, some of seers guided our choice of agents."

"Ion Grenades can be arranged easily enough," Augustine says to Boone, "Our armories are full, if nothing else."

Master Alour smiles at Ten's enthusiasm, the first genuine one he's had. Colonel Augustine gives a nod, then gives the Sluissi a quick salute.

"Your heroism won't be forgotten," the Colonel says. "What say the rest of you?"
    -Me

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Onyx rolled his eyes at the outburst of his mechanic. Then with a sigh leaned forward and expressed his concerns. "Between the Jedi and the Chief Officer here, we aren't exactly what I would call inconspicuois. Can a Jedi really go that deep into Sith territory unnoticed?"

8. - Top - End - #8

Boone gives a little wave to Onyx. "The Sith know me as one of them, and that provides a reaction...better than they'd give most others. If you let me talk, I'll be able to cover for us. " She flashes a smile. "As long as you don't mind pretending to be my servants."
    Last edited by Hazuki; 2019-02-09 at 08:11 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Leaning back in his seat Onyx lets out a broad smile. "If that's the case then you don't really need me. If the Sith let just any member of their ranks come in and dig into high profile top secret kidnappings then you don't need my afore mentioned cover story. Way better than a technology and weapons dealer being interested in the droids they have been making with a Sith appointed bodyguard."

10. - Top - End - #10

"Which Sith do you presume I'd be appointed by? One hopefully without access to the holonet. I think there's a Darth Ronan hiding somewhere on Dagobah who might not, although I hear he's quite mad by now." Boone says. "More likely that Czerka contacted me in the position of an adviser, hoping for my expertise when it comes to negotiation and ranks and so on. I might even be able to get some information from them by pretending to wring credits out of you." She tilts her head as she ponders. "And I'll be able to hide Jax as a potential apprentice. Any Sith can sense a force-user, and see his saber - serving me solves both problems, for him."
    Last edited by Hazuki; 2019-02-09 at 09:24 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Onyx chuckles. This was not the person he expected to have to negotiate with. It shouldn't surprise him though. This is how the Sith were after all. He would need to keep an eye on this one.
    "I am happy to pretend Jax is serving you and to treat you as an esteemed advisor. Try to truly wring credits out of me however and things will not be so cordial."
    Last edited by GSisco; 2019-02-10 at 12:11 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12

WolfInSheepsClothing

"It's a good plan" Ten breaks in. "It's not the first time I've had to be someone's underling for a mission." He grins toothily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry the 57th View Post
    "As to your other question," Colonel Augustine picks up for him, "What we want is for you to rescue Dr. Bophro and his team if at all possible, or at the very least a report on their fate if you locate them too late." He takes a slight breath. "Addressing yours, young Jedi, you don't appear to understand just how stretched our forces are. There are a thousand and more battlefields across the galaxy, and Republic Intelligence is active on almost all of them and many more worlds besides. We simply don't have the luxury of elite strike teams sitting on Coruscant doing nothing just in case something happens. They're almost all already engaged on the field or fermenting guerilla resistance movements on Sith-occupied worlds. If you had read the intelligence reports that I have, you would know the Sith provide more than enough doomsday plots to keep our best agents quite occupied. For example," he taps his artificial eye and runs his hands down his facial scar, "I got this from some crazy Sith witch trying to stir up a zombie plague on Kuat. Lightsabers across the face burn like hell." For the first time, the corner of Augustine's mouth twitches upwards. "But a frag grenade exploding behind you hurts a lot more."

"The Jedi are in a similar situation, in afraid." Master Alour sighs. "Besides those too young, too old," he smiles in a slightly self-deprecating manner "or too injured to fight, there aren't many left in the Temple here. The Republic can't afford it." He shakes his head. "On a more positive note, some of seers guided our choice of agents."
    "I understand you don't have any active assets there, Colonel, but is there anyone just passively gathering intelligence there we could contact when we arrive? Having some additional background information about the planet could be invaluable."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Dax

“Ehrm, I’m fine with that,” Dax said.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

14. - Top - End - #14

Boone laughs softly at Onyx's comment. "Don't you worry. If I cared a whit for credits, I'd be working with the slugs." She's happy that Dax is content, at least. They might even be able to spar on the trip to Denon.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

"Unfortunately," Master Alour sighs grimly at the brief argument that is exchanged between Onyx and Boone, "instances of a seemingly-promising Jedi defecting to the Sith cause have become far too common. With the power of the dark side swelling as hatred and fear mount, not a few of our warriors find they enjoy the war far too much. Some don't even bother to change out the crystals on their lightsabers. It isn't implausible at all for a Sith to have taken a fallen Jedi under her wing."

"To answer your question, Chief Warrent Officer, most of our agents on Denon have gone dark since the Sith invasion. They've locked down all public holonet transceivers and have been carefully monitoring all signals traffic in and out, so it's been difficult for us to keep track of who's still alive." Augustine explains to you. "But the last we've heard, Major Vul Corrin had descended into the depths of the planetary city to raise resistance against the occupiers." The holoprojector shows a middle-aged, weather-beaten, but otherwise plain-looking human male with a blaster rifle and a stoic expression. "While Lieutenant Nyl Tijo had been intending to keep as close to the Sith power structure as possible, to see what intelligence could be ferreted out." This time the image is of a pretty young Twi'lek female, dressed in the rather ostentatious robes of a high-ranking bureaucrat. "The only asset we're reasonably sure is still alive is Captain Roarch Sloane, aka. the CFO of Czerka Corp's Denon branch. We last received a transmition with his authorization code a few days ago." This time the image shows a rather chubby-looking older human with a prominent white mustache and fairly obviously implanted white hair. "He had nothing much he could tell us about the Sith's plans apart from their reconstruction contracts through Czerka, though it's under his auspices that we initially plan your insertion."
    -Me

16. - Top - End - #16

WolfInSheepsClothing

Ten

The Sluissi's nods his thanks."Good. That should get our foot in the door. But speaking of the insertion, are going to be using Onyx's ship for this? Or will we be provided one?"
    Last edited by Spiritus; 2019-02-10 at 05:53 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17

Boone says nothing, but nods at the further explanations, and watches curiously for the answer to Ten's question.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

"We intend to provide you four with a ship," Augustine answers. "A modified yacht gifted by our... friends in Czerka. You'll find it considerable faster and better armed than most of its kind, with room for hiding things. Or people."
    -Me

19. - Top - End - #19

WolfInSheepsClothing

Ten Dorne

"Good! That's good." the Sluissi says. "Is there anything else you think we should know about the mission?"
    Last edited by Spiritus; 2019-02-11 at 01:11 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20

"And have republic engineers examined the yacht?" Boone asks. It seems like a perfectly healthy precaution, especially with corporate types.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

"There isn't anything else immediately relevant, save of course your identification codes for Sith space, and Republic Intelligence. They'll be on your ship for you."

"And of course we've had the ship examined," Augustine sounds almost offended by the idea that they hadn't. "We aren't fools, and you'll find that there are no issues with it besides the smell." He looks out over the group. "Do any of you have any other questions before you go? Time is short."
    -Me

22. - Top - End - #22

"I've none." Boone shrugs.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

“When do we leave?” Dax asked.
    TC for short

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Onyx nods. "The Chief Warrant Officer and I will need to return to our ship retrieve some things."

25. - Top - End - #25

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Yes." Ten agrees. "There are some parts I need to grab. Might as well use time in hyperspace for something useful, after all."
    Last edited by Spiritus; 2019-02-11 at 10:47 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

"You leave without delay," Augustine answers in a rather firm tone almost the moment the question has left Dax's mouth. "The longer it takes us to rescue the Doctor or at least confirm his fate, the more time the Sith have to extract whatever secrets they're after and dispose of him. His psychological profile doesn't suggest a weak willed man, but everyone has their limits."

"By all means, retrieve whatever you need from your personal ship, and be certain that it will be in good hands while you're away," the Colonel continues when Onyx and Ten ask for a moment. "But don't delay. I don't have time for hesitation, there's a galaxy-wide war going on and there is always more work for me to be doing. Hurry along, the two of you, and grab your things." He points simply at the door with the air of a man who is used to and expects immediate obedience.

While the two aliens depart to retrieve their belongings from the Zygerrian's ship, Master Alour motions to the two humans to follow him. With the Jedi in the lead and the Colonel remaining behind to await the other pair's return, the trio are lead to a rather innocuous door further down in the safehouse. Alour waves his hand idly at it and both Jedi and former Sith sense a slight pulse of Force energy, an a section of wall opens up to reveal a keypad, into which he rapidly types a sequence of seemingly random Aurebesh digits. The door slides noiselessly open a few moments later to reveal a transparisteel turbolift.

The descent goes smoothly down a good few dozen meters, with the view quickly transitioning from a dark lift shaft to that of a broad underground hanger. An elegant-looking starship painted in maroon with yellow stripes and a sleek silver underside sits there with nothing but a few small droids capering about it, seeing to its fuel levels and last-minute maintenance checks. Looking at it, the Jedi Master's brow visibly furrows.

"It's called the Fun and Profit," he explains as the turbolift doors open into the hanger bay. "It's not the fastest or sturdiest ship in the galaxy even with our upgrades, but it's exactly the sort of thing you'd expect a corrupt corporate executive looking to buy stolen secrets from the Sith to show up in," the distaste in his voice is obvious. "We've upgraded the weapons and shields, and added a HoloNet Transciever. Colonel Augustine wanted me to remind you that if you're going to use it from Sith space be careful, they're known to monitor signal traffic. But if the worst happens and you have to get a message out, use it."

While they await their fellows' arrival Jedi gives the two humans a brief tour of the luxuriously, even decadently appointed interior of the ship. The walls feature a fine Corellian redwood paneling interspersed with gold trim and the Czerka Corporation's logo displayed prominently in the ship's main lounge. The smooth creamy floor is draped with soft fur rugs, the seats are a soft crimson leather accompanied by plush violet pillows of Onderon silk. The sleeping quarters offer two to a room with their own bed each and option to combine both together into one larger bed, and each is equipped with its own refresher including what looks to be a fully-functional spa bath. Master Alour's visible distaste grows stronger and stronger with each fresh luxury afforded this ship in a galaxy at war. Crime - at least for Czerka - obviously pays.

Finally, the cockpit itself is a surprisingly simple affair, with a single pilot's chair behind quite basic-looking controls, which are of course elegant gold and bronze set in redwood. There is a captain's chair behind that, though it more closely resembles a throne. The skull of some slain creature - possibly a juvenile terentetek from the looks of it - is mounted proudly above the viewport.

Spoiler: Fun and Profit
    Show

A beautiful and custom ship ordered from some unknown but doubtlessly talented builder, the Fun and Profit is treated as a Baudo-class Star Yacht for gameplay purposes, with the following exceptions:

Light Laser Canon is replaced by Heavy Laser Canon (5d10x2 damage)
    Shield Rating is increased to 35
    It benefits from the Combat Thrusters and HoloNet Transciever upgrades.

Elsewhere, Onyx and Ten have little difficulty in returning to the former's ship, now in the care of droids from Republic Intelligence. With the able assistance of the Zygerrian's pilot droid, GD16, it is only a little time before they have unloaded their gear into an airspeeder. The trip back is equally as smooth, save for the rather impatient-looking Colonel pointedly checking a chrono upon their return. Still, the officer quickly guides the duo down to the Fun and Profit in time for a quick tour and reunion with their compatriots.

Soon enough, the engines on the Star Yacht are beginning their warm up sequence.
    -Me

27. - Top - End - #27

WolfInSheepsClothing

Ten sets down his caf machine and quickly connects it to the ship's power before heading to the cockpit. He slides into the pilot's chair with practiced ease, and adjusts the straps and buckles to his frame. Flicking on the intercom, he says "Onyx, you mind plotting us a course? I'm starting preflight checks." He pauses for a second. "And nobody try to make caf with my caf machine!" he finishes, flipping off the intercom.
    Last edited by Spiritus; 2019-02-12 at 12:58 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler: Ten
    Show
    Once in his own ship, before properly getting to work on moving over his supplies, Onyx turns to his mechanic. "Remember you work with me and the company. I don't trust that Sith or the apprentice she has taken. I intend to keep a close eye on them. Also while we will do what we can for the doctor, that is not our main goal. Our mission is information. Remember That.

On the new ship, Onyx shakes his head at the enthusiasm. "G, goes stand next to your chair until Ten decides to hand it over." Onyx then takes his seat in the captain's chair.

29. - Top - End - #29

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by GSisco View Post
    Show
    Once in his own ship, before properly getting to work on moving over his supplies, Onyx turns to his mechanic. "Remember you work with me and the company. I don't trust that Sith or the apprentice she has taken. I intend to keep a close eye on them. Also while we will do what we can for the doctor, that is not our main goal. Our mission is information. Remember That.

On the new ship, Onyx shakes his head at the enthusiasm. "G, goes stand next to your chair until Ten decides to hand it over." Onyx then takes his seat in the captain's chair.
    Spoiler
    Show

"I work with you because it's fun and it helps the Republic. Right now, finding the doctor looks to be a lot of both." He rolls his eyes sarcastically. "And of course I don't trust the former Sith. What do you take me for? She may be on our side now, but old habits die very hard, particularly when you go back into the situation that caused them in the first place."

His eyes narrow. "Look, Onyx, I like you. And hell, you saved my life when Zolgen V went tits-up, so I owe you. But I'm a soldier first and always, and I have my orders. I'll help you if it doesn't compromise our mission, but unless you can show how your information is bigger than the Doctor's tech, I can't endanger that for you."

"You should know by now that I can do the pre faster than G can—no offense." He says. "And we don't have much time to be wasting right now"
    Last edited by Spiritus; 2019-02-12 at 03:05 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Show
    Onyx clapped Ten on the back. You are always so serious old friend. Even as you agree with me. My intel isn't more important than the doctor's tech. It IS the tech. The tech of the doctor and the Sith droids.Neither of which we have been ordered to obtain. We were told to rescue the doctor or report his death. That's it. Smart money is either way they take out that droid factory once they know. We were never told to retrieve the data. If he is dead, it means the Sith have it. That's all the Jedi care about. They're war is with eachother. The rest of us are just soldiers or casualties. My goal is to get his data and the data on the assassin droids. Czerka will be able to make weapons to help destroy them. That's the intel I am after. Our mission is just intel on the doctor's life. I want the information we can use to save many more lives. Now hurry up and pack.
    Onyx then started toward his quarters.