New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Transfer data between iPhones without iTunes

My previous iPhone just broke. The screen is beyond usable. I just got a new(ish) iPhone from a family member, and have set it up completely and switched over the SIM cards. I want to transfer over a few photo albums, my contacts and the information from a few apps, but cannot install anything on my old phone and do not have a functioning iTunes application (I use windows for my computers). Is there any way for me to accomplish this?

I like to create builds and see them as optimized as powerful. I also have an annoying habit of having gratuitous character ideas and used to regularly ask to switch them out, or ask for small, against-the-rules, caveats to see a character come to completion without being hopelessly useless.
    While I have kicked a few of these habits, or at least slowed them, I try to keep all of my builds/ideas across as few, as official, and as popular rulebooks as possible as to avoid annoying everyone else.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Transfer data between iPhones without iTunes

Is there a reason why you can't/won't install itunes on your windows computer? I have it on mine. They have a windows version. Same holds true for icloud, which can store backups.

Edit: And to clarify, I have both an iphone and an ipad, as does my wife. We've never had any issues running itunes on our Windows computers.
    Last edited by tomandtish; 2019-02-10 at 01:07 PM.
    "That's a horrible idea! What time?"

T-Shirt given to me by a good friend.. "in fairness, I was unsupervised at the time".

3. - Top - End - #3

Quote Originally Posted by tomandtish View Post
    Is there a reason why you can't/won't install itunes on your windows computer? I have it on mine. They have a windows version. Same holds true for icloud, which can store backups.

Edit: And to clarify, I have both an iphone and an ipad, as does my wife. We've never had any issues running itunes on our Windows computers.
    oh. didn't know that.

I tend to dislike apple, It's just that my entire family uses iDevices and getting old phones from them is easier, cheaper and less taxing on my conscience so I try to avoid actively seeking out their programs or buying their latest device

I like to create builds and see them as optimized as powerful. I also have an annoying habit of having gratuitous character ideas and used to regularly ask to switch them out, or ask for small, against-the-rules, caveats to see a character come to completion without being hopelessly useless.
    While I have kicked a few of these habits, or at least slowed them, I try to keep all of my builds/ideas across as few, as official, and as popular rulebooks as possible as to avoid annoying everyone else.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'm not familiar with apple devices, but I know that with my android phone and my old windows pda I could just directly explore the device's content with file explorer (except system files and program files on the android, which occasionally causes problems if a poorly designed program saves files to one of the inaccessable folders). Can you not do that with an iPhone?
    Last edited by Bohandas; 2019-03-15 at 03:09 PM.
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by Bohandas View Post
    I'm not familiar with apple devices, but I know that with my android phone and my old windows pda I could just directly explore the device's contents with file explorer. Can you not do that with an iPhone?
    You can to an extent, but my previous one was on an iOS that had no such luxury