New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default 3.5 RWBY GRIMM (Need Help for Monster Stats)

Im dming for the first time and i got everything set except the creatures of Grimm. Ive tried making them but it just makes my head spin. Can i get some help for the stats?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Default Re: 3.5 RWBY GRIMM (Need Help for Monster Stats)

I need some links (not terribly familiar with source material). Any specific level for this?

Grimm are probably best statted up as creturers from the Plane of Shadow. They would have the Extraplanar subtype.

I would guess that creatures like beowolves could be magical beasts. Take a wolf add +2 natural armor (for the fone armor), increase its intelligence, add a howl and frightful presences and you're pretty much done.

I'm not familiar enough with other creatures.
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2019-02-21 at 01:27 PM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Here is the best link for each specific creature.
    Site wont let me share links yet. Go to the fandom wiki for rwby and look for Grimm. In the meantime ill do the minimun post count so i can share links.

My players are starting at lvl 5 and im hoping for this game to last for a long time. Like up to lvl 20

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Oh and i forgot the most important part. My campaign is a no magic campaign. Psonics are allowed.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Personally, I'd go with Dire versions of animals for most with every Grimm having the Dark Creature, Ravenous Creature, and Shadow Creature template along with 120 ft. Blindsense that only triggers with emotions of despair, rage, fear, and hatred.

Stronger Grimm I'd also give at least one of the following templates to:
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarian Rex View Post
    Sometimes you need more than well crafted crunch. Sometimes you need well crafted crunch that is playable in the game.
    Steam: Papa Palpy Palpatine
    Pesterchum: mysticUmbra
    YouTube: Noctus Does Things

Black(Blue and Green) or Sultai is my khanate, and my colour alignment.

The Rest of my Signature
    My Hombrew