The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 75 of 75
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NZ

    Default Re: Zeitgeist: Island at the Axis of the World IC

    Arina steps forward, stabbing about feebly as she feels her energy fading, her blade not finding it's mark.

    On the deck below the eladrin woman snarls "It's too late, you'll not stop us. Risur must stand independent - there can be no peace with the gods-cursed Danorans!". She leaps down the ladder but Jakros catches her a glancing blow to the side of the head as she does. Sokana falls the last few feet into the engine room, crumpling to the ground the large red jewel rolling from her hand flickering with light as it lies on the floor.

    Jakros shimmies down the ladder to the engine room below, the heat of the furnace intense - alarmingly so. Sokana lies at his feet unconscious. Gouts of steam shoot from the boiler nearby causing the lower deck to resemble some infernal hellscape. A shrill keening comes from the overloaded machinery.

    Grim with intent two men are at work on the engine boiler. They finish closing a number of valves before smashing and warping the instruments with several swift blows from a wrench. Job done they turn their eyes on Jakros, stepping over the bloodied bodies of young Fitzcairn and the other engineers as they raise their wrenches ready to fight.

    Jakros lashes out as the saboteurs approach, striking one for 10 damage in a flash of light. Even as he strikes, a faintly glowing eagle swoops down above him to fend off the other assailant, claws and teeth scratching at the man for 3 & 3 damage.

    Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    Jessica & Varruth appear at ~AB18. Welcome to the party!

    Saboteurs:
    Move action: complete sabotage
    Move action: close with Jakros

    Engineer saboteur Will DC13 vs Jakros breaking glass (1d20+3)[17]

    Jakros & eagle are in same square (eagle 5ft above).

    Ilton the halfling
    Action: unknown?

    Spoiler: Map 1
    Show

    Spoiler: Map 2
    Show

    Spoiler: Map 3
    Show


    Anyone within 1 square of furnace takes 1d6 fire damage


    => Party (incl. Jessica & Varruth)
    Last edited by Ghostfoot; 2019-08-16 at 05:26 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zeitgeist: Island at the Axis of the World IC

    Jakros, the Shifting Blade

    Jakros glanced from the saboteurs to the engines. He shouted upstairs, We got a problem here! Evacuate the VIPs - they’ve rigged the engines!” Turning to the two saboteurs, he smiled evilly. ”I hope you boys aren’t afraid of the dark.”

    Stepping back, he tapped into his fiendish nature and summoned darkness to surround the battle, trying to slip into the shadows.

    5’ step (free), claim one of the humans, SLA to cast darkness )standard), Stealth - (1d20+10)[14]
    Spoiler: Status
    Show
    AC: 18 / CMB/D: +3 or +6/14 / HPs: 10
    F +4 R +5 W +3 / Init +4; Move 40'
    Weapons/Armor: Claws (+6/1d4+4 x2); Rapier (+6/1d6+4); light mace (+6/1d6+4) / Studded leather
    Acrobatics: +7; Stealth +10; Perception +5; KS Local/Martial +8; Intimidate +8
    Stance: Aura of Misfortune
    Maneuvers: Spilled salt (C); <s>Breaking glass (S)</s>; Disturbing blow (s)
    Effects: Stance (Foes w/in25’ get -2 saves); Darkvision 60’
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Dixie
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zeitgeist: Island at the Axis of the World IC

    Arina curses quietly as her blade catches only air. stepping back from the cannons, she takes off her cloak and begins wrapping it tightly against the bleeding wound in her side. There's some magic she can try, but she isn't sure if she has enough strength left to manage it.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Move action: to AD19
    Standard action: Heal check to stop the bleeding: (1d20+7)[15]

    HP: 4/11 (2 nonlethal damage)
    SP: 1/4

    I have something I can do to help with seeing an invisible creature, but it'll take me two standard actions... and cost me another point of nonlethal damage. Which means if I manage to stop the bleeding any more damage will knock her unconscious. Like I said, if anyone has some healing I could use some
    DMing:
    The Darkest Dungeon: IC / OOC / DOC

    A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2018

    Default Re: Zeitgeist: Island at the Axis of the World IC

    Varruth was dreading the whole party experience on the main deck. He had recently finished his last sweep on the attendees and was sipping a mug of gingerberry juice when he heard the commotion downstairs. Smiling to guests nearby in a calming manner, he hauls his longhammer onto his shoulders and heads to the stairs, tapping Jessica's arm on his way.

    Once he gets to the lower floor, he sees Indigo and Arina wielding their weapons with an exasperated look, the latter bandaging a large gash on her side. "What in the gods' name are you doing?", he asks, worried the two have started some kind of brawling. As soon as they explain it's an invisible assailant, however, his tone changes. He shifts his grip on the longhammer, stepping forward to get a wider reach for his swings, "Standing Father, aid my sister in arms to remain in battle by my side," he whispers a prayer, before taking a stance among his teammates and adding in a higher voice: "Hold your ground!"

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Swift Action to enter Silver Crane Waltz stance (already in his stats).
    Move Action 5-foot step to AA18.
    Standard Action to Ready an Action. If the halfling appears, he'll use Enduring Crane Strike and heal Arina. He can attack in 10' with the longhammer, but in 5' with his Armament Shield only.
    Spoiler: Enduring Crane Strike
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+4)[6] (Crit: (1d20+4)[16])
    Damage: (2d6+3)[11] bludgeoning (longhammer) / (1d6+1)[6] bludgeoning (shield bash)


    Remember that allies withing 10' of Barruth get a +1 morale bonus to AC and Will
    Last edited by richmond; 2019-08-20 at 09:59 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Dixie
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zeitgeist: Island at the Axis of the World IC

    Arina takes a half-step closer, grateful for the extra help. "The Duchess of Shale was in on it, too, and her handmaiden. The Duchess escaped through a window, Jakros chased the other one down belowdecks. He may need help too." The halfling was probably making good his escape, especially with more help approaching.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    No more actions, just filling in the newcomers IC.
    DMing:
    The Darkest Dungeon: IC / OOC / DOC

    A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    May 2016

    Default Re: Zeitgeist: Island at the Axis of the World IC

    Jessica had been looking for an excuse to leave the party, but she hadn't hoped it would be so... violent. Following after Varruth, she takes the stairs two at a time, first down below decks, then hustling down the ladder and jumping off at the last few rungs. Taking a step away from the blistering heat of the furnace, she whips out her pistol and levels it at the man in front of her in one smooth motion.

    "Freeze! Drop your weapon, hands on your head!" She pulls back the barrel of her weapon with her thumb, ready to fire if he tries anything.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Double move down to BC21, and drawing a weapon as part of that.

    3 Animus points
    Granted Maneuvers:
    Spark Strike
    Clockwatch
    and (1d3)[2]
    1. Curving Ray Shot
    2. Eye of the Needle
    3. Dimensional Strike
    Last edited by El'the Ellie; 2019-08-20 at 09:58 PM.
    Spoiler: Small Grammatical Library: use as desired. Please return links to front desk after checking them out.
    Show

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NZ

    Default Re: Zeitgeist: Island at the Axis of the World IC

    Jakros steps back towards the furnace, drawing shadows about him to cloak the area in a confusing gloomy swirl that is difficult to see through.

    Arina stumbles to the steps, wrapping her cloak about her injury as she does. Two newcomers join the action, welcome faces from the RHC Headquarters. Varruth the dwarf wanders down curiously from the cacophony above, hammer in hands he switches to an alert stance as he notices the injured Arina and alert Indigo. The deva Jessica accompanies him, dashing forward hearing Jakros' shouts she bolts to the lower deck past Roland and draws her pistol confronting the duplicitous saboteurs and supporting the tiefling even as shadows coalesce around him.

    Spoiler: info
    Show
    Dim light within 20ft of Jakros. 20% miss chance.

    @EltheEllie can we have a picture for Jessica please ?

    => Indigo & Roland

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Eldest's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Someplace Nice
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Zeitgeist: Island at the Axis of the World IC

    Indigo chases down the stairs after the group: no time to go down them in a tidy fashion, she jumps from the top to the bottom, trusting her skill at rooftop running to keep her safe.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Acrobatics: (1d20+10)[19] to go from AA19 to AB19 and avoid fall damage. 20 foot movement rate /sucks/.


    Landing safely, she rushes down the stairs, jumping again down the ladderway and landing in a crouch next to the enemies. She shifts her hold on her staff, ready to smack them a new one if they move.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Double move to end up at BC21. She's got her quarterstaff in a reach configuration, so that gentleman at BC19 can trigger AoO right now.
    Last edited by Eldest; 2019-09-04 at 01:53 AM.
    LGBTA+itP

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PeacefulOak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zeitgeist: Island at the Axis of the World IC

    Roland

    Roland's hands dart to their hips and pull free the two ornate pistols that hang there with a flourish, the twin barrels ending pointing directly down the ladder at the saboteurs below. Two fingers squeeze and two roars of sound, even as the glowing eagle lashes out once more with claws and beak at its opponent.

    Spoiler: Rollin' rollin' rollin'!
    Show

    (1d20+1)[11] touch attack to hit for (1d8)[1] damage (Pistol 1)
    (1d20+1)[13] touch attack to hit for (1d8)[1] damage (Pistol 2)

    Eagle:
    Talon (1d20+3)[23] to hit for (1d4+1)[4] damage
    Talon (1d20+3)[19] to hit for (1d4+1)[2] damage
    Bite (1d20+3)[4] to hit for (1d4+1)[5] damage

    ((Sorry, I had trouble figuring out who was where so I delayed posting. If I'm messing up, please let me know!))

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NZ

    Default Re: Zeitgeist: Island at the Axis of the World IC

    Indigo hurtles down the stairs to the scene below, leaping down with great agility she comes to a halt in the murky shadow of the lower deck next to Jakros and Jessica, staff in hand. In front of her the two saboteurs face off, while behind the furnace blazes with heat.

    There is a bark of gunfire as Roland fires down from above, bullets ricocheting around the enemy assailants. The mystical eagle flies about one of the men's heads, battering with it's wings as it scratches at his face with its talons for 4 & 2 damage. The man screams clutching his bloodied face. Outnumbered facing four constables and the eagle, with more constables shouting from above, the two men stumble back. First one then the other dart back into the depths of the ship, seeking to evade you in the massive machinery of the Coaltongue's engine room.

    Spoiler: Info and actions
    Show
    I think you still get a penalty or shooting into melee with guns without the Precise Shot feat, so a -4 adjustment makes those shots a miss

    Both assailants retreat using withdraw action.

    Spoiler: Map
    Show


    Dim light within 20ft of Jakros. 20% miss chance.

    Roland is one floor up from the combat scene, shooting down the ladder.
    Arina & Varruth are two floors up.


    => Party

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zeitgeist: Island at the Axis of the World IC

    Jakros, the Shifting Blade

    Jakros looked to those helping, and nodded his thanks. I appreciate the help, but we still need to everyone off now! The engines have been rigged ... I think they’re going to blow! One of you with me ... the rest go start the evacuation. And somebody grab that woman - she knows about their plans! ”

    Then Jakros moved after the hurt man , his mace lashing out swiftly. He didn’t give this one any mercy, going for the kill.

    Charge! Advance up to 80’ and attack. Swift to claim the guy before death! Attack - (1d20+8)[13], Damage - (1d6+4)[8]
    Spoiler: Status
    Show
    AC: 18 (16) CMB/D: +3 or +6/14 / HPs: 10
    F +4 R +5 W +3 / Init +4; Move 40'
    Weapons/Armor: Claws (+6/1d4+4 x2); Rapier (+6/1d6+4); light mace (+6/1d6+4) / Studded leather
    Acrobatics: +7; Stealth +10; Perception +5; KS Local/Martial +8; Intimidate +8
    Stance: Aura of Misfortune
    Maneuvers: Spilled salt (C); Breaking glass (S); Disturbing blow (s)
    Effects: Stance (Foes w/in25’ get -2 saves); Darkvision 60’
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Eldest's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Someplace Nice
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Zeitgeist: Island at the Axis of the World IC

    Indigo glares daggers at the fleeing men, then jogs after them. Damn longlegs.

    I cannot believe I am using the run action. But I am. *sob*

    Running to BG9. Assuming I can make the jump onto the metal whatsit.
    So! Assuming it's 5 feet, DC 20 jump check, using the quarterstaff as a pole and dropping it to vault. (1d20+8)[18]
    If I get a 16-19, reflex save to grab the top. (1d20+7)[9]
    She jumps, misses the top, and falls down in an undignified pile.
    Last edited by Eldest; 2019-09-15 at 11:34 PM.
    LGBTA+itP

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PeacefulOak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zeitgeist: Island at the Axis of the World IC

    Roland

    The gleaming eagle flaps after the enemy it had been harrying, lashing out with its beak to savage the saboteur.

    Roland hears their companion's instructions and moves up the stairs, eyes peeled for this woman who had slipped past before. As they move, their hands go through practiced motions to reload first one, then the other of their pistols, settling each back into their holster.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Eagle BITE! (1d20+3)[9] to hit for (1d4+1)[5] damage
    Move up the stairs as far as I can, reloading and holstering both pistols.

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Dixie
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zeitgeist: Island at the Axis of the World IC

    As the others pursue the saboteurs down into the ship, Arina glances upwards. "Go on ahead. I'll head above and let the Inspector know--and the ship's captain, too. Sheathing her blade, she makes her way back up the stairs, searching around for Inspector Delft or one of the ship's officers.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    It seems like the heal check was successful, let me know if it wasn't--and if I need to make any rolls to find these folks.

    If I can't locate them, I can use a divination, but that will burn my last spell point for the day, so I'm going to try searching normally first.
    DMing:
    The Darkest Dungeon: IC / OOC / DOC

    A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2018

    Default Re: Zeitgeist: Island at the Axis of the World IC

    Varruth nods as Arina says she's going to warn the captain. "Very well," he answers, making his way to the stairs. "Find the engineers as well. They might be able to help."

    With that, he relaxes the graps on his hammer and starts running downstairs, ready to lend his assistance to the others.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Varruth will use all his actions to move down to the lower floor. I don't know how many actions that will take, so..
    Last edited by richmond; Today at 03:40 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •