New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Remnants of Cyre <Team One>

Templar

Templar's head turns to peer at Jacinth. It is my duty to assist any civilians who require aid. I must not forget this. Additionally, I should investigate the matter in case it concerns interests of the crown. I should be ashamed for just standing here doing nothing. After delivering this unasked for explanation, Templar strides heavily toward the stairs and climbs up them to find the ill man.
    Avatar by Dirtytabs - Much gratitude

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Jacinth

Jacinth is relieved at this, "Thanks, though it was funny I could have sworn there would be at least someone with healing powers around here." He considers this. "Yeah, I'd better see about getting some scrolls or potions in case I get hurt... actually, if I can find a healer to provide the healing spell, I could probably write up a scroll in about 36 minutes."

He considers this and decides to check on it later when he has the time. He didn't bring any healing items with him because he figured that he would be given supplies when sent out on assignment, but if there was a plague or vampires around he might have to see about making up a private set of healing items.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

The ornate warforged walks back downstairs, slowly. His eyes twinkle softly as he stares at the ground in front of his feet, speaking softly.
    I think it is too late for the injured man. I think he is dead.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

"Kyber's bones!" the barkeep curses. "Now I'll have to wash the sheets for nothing." He bends over the man, checking for a pulse.

Templar is easily able to find the room they are in by following the sound of voices.
    Last edited by Kyeudo; 2007-10-04 at 02:37 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

Kalinar nods at the warforged's words and then looks to Jacinth. "And now that the Jorasco is too late, there is little to be done, unless someone has some strange urge to contact the man's spirit. It would be best to advise the watch, to let them handle finding the man's kin."

Kalinar shrugs and sits back down at their table, back to the wall again, looking out over the room.
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

6. - Top - End - #66

Templar

Templar stares at the body for several moments. "I am sorry for any emotional distress you are experiencing," it says at last. It then begins looking through the body for any signs of identification.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

The barkeep straightens back up. "No pulse left. He's definately gone. I'll head back downstairs to wait for the healer. He can take the body to the morgue." with as sigh, he leaves the room.

Templar's search of the body turns up a few silver pieces, a set of keys, some odds and ends, and a set of identification papers that reads "Damion Belrial" and identifies him as a tailor. While searching the corpse, you could have sworn that it twitched.
    Last edited by Kyeudo; 2007-10-04 at 03:10 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68

Templar

Templar places the papers along with all of the other personal items on the table. Glancing at the body out of the corner of his eye, he frowns and departs the room.

Downstairs, the armor-shaped warforged approaches Jacinth. "Excuse me. Would you please run a diagnosis on my optical sensors? I believe there may be a problem with them, I just saw the deceased man move."

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Kalinar looks up from the table when he hears Templar's words. "The deceased moved? Interesting. Either he's not quite dead, or he's going to wake up and need to be put back down. I think I'll go check."

He then gets up and goes to the room where the dead man was laying.

Closing his eyes and then touching the side of his head, Kalinar's voice seems to draw shadows towards him for a moment. He opens his eyes, only for them to be completely covered in shadow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fundamental: Mystic Reflections used. As detect magic.

K: Arcana (1d20+6)[23]
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

Kalinar
    Spoiler
    Show

There is a strange aura of magic surrounding the man's corpse, though faint. Part of it is a necromantic aura that superficialy resembles that of an undead creature, though the naunces of control are missing as well as the usual strength of such magic. Swirled through the dark magic of necromancy is another magical force, one which you have never encountered before, similar to the more silvery magic of enchantment, but a half-shade off. Wound around both is a faint purple glow.

Fetch
    Spoiler
    Show

The bartender already left the room.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Kalinar curses as he quickly exits the room. "Forget the Jorasco healer, get a damned powerful mage in here. There's some half necromantic, half enchantment curse on him! He'll need the thing broken, quick and hard if he's going to survive." he shouts as he storms back into the main room.

After saying this, Kalinar looks around to everyone who touched the man, including himself, to see if the magical aura has hit them as well.
    Last edited by Lochar; 2007-10-04 at 04:36 PM.

Don't be stupid.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

Kalinar
    Spoiler
    Show

Luckily, no one else seems to be have the same aura of magic here inside the inn.

The half-orc was silent for a while as he gathered his thoughs. "My name is Rehsmar and my true story is a long one, so I will try to be brief. I was born in one of the orc tribes of the Marches, and hearing you speak so about my people reminded me of my childhood and their perverted rituals and warfare. As I said, my mother was a captive taken in a raid much like the one you discribe. She died in childbirth, so I never knew her." The man seems wistful for a moment before continuing. "I was raised a part their worship of a black worm from the Kyber. Their rituals always seemed wrong to me, until I finaly could not stand it further, and so left my tribe to wander the world. Since that time I have joined the Gatekeepers, and have worked to end the worship of the foul things spawned from the darkness. I see the scars left by the day you speak of have not fully healed. I had not meant to bring up such a tender subject, merely to find someone with which to speak of home."

13. - Top - End - #73

Templar

Templar's sword rings as he draws it. "That will be unnecessary," he says calmly. "It seems my optical receptors are functioning normally, and the twitch I saw was not merely a muscle spasm of the deceased. All citizens get to safety. I will defeat the enemy unit."

Templar clanks up the stairs, shield hefted and blade at the ready.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

I need to know where everyone thinks they are now. Are you upstairs with the dead man, or downstairs in the common room?

15. - Top - End - #75

Spoiler
    Show
    En route to the dead man.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Jacinth

[In the common room]

Hearing what Kalinar says he snaps to his feet. "Wait, we should see about tying him up. If he's an undead there's the chance he might remember what made him undead... or something." The artificer quickly looks around the room for some sturdy rope to tie the 'patient' down with. He turns to everyone in the common room. "Rope, we need rope to tie this guy down before he turns into an undead. If anybody here has some rope or manacles of some kind we need them!"

Sheesh... I really need to get myself stocked up on stuff... or learn to fabricate.

He waits a moment for anyone to respond on if they have one of the two items while he readies his crossbow.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Jacinth

"Or more specifically, see if we can tie him up before he rises as a murderous undead servant of evil. If we can't tie him up... then I guess we have to re-kill him."
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

Kalinar reaches over the table, grabbing his backpack. He pulls it open and reaches in."Looking for this, Jacinth?" He is holding a long length of silk rope.

Don't be stupid.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gronth listened to to the half-orc with half an ear, trying as hard as he could not to break into a murderous rage. This was fortunate, as it allowed him to control his actions and not kill anyone. Unfortunately, his patience lasted little more than 3 sentences.

"Orc," he growled, "I care little about your history. We are not related. We are nothing alike. And if you try to convince me otherwise, I'll have your tongue so that you trouble me no more!"

Ignoring the half-orc, Gronth turned to the commotion in the rest of the common room. Two men seemed to be conversing, and Gronth couldn't quite pick up what they were talking about. He assumed it had something to do with the man they had brought in - but Gronth didn't know, since he had been concentrating on ignoring the half-orc.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm in the common room of the inn, standing a short distance away from Reshmar.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current Chars:
    Cora Hilltopple, Rogue 5/Fighter 2 (Left area of gaming group)
    Ethelon, Sorcerer 4 (Campaign postponed indefinitely)
    Altair De'Von, Cleric 1
    Gronth Gaar, Barbarian 1

Avatar is of Cora Hilltopple, made by me!

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Unstrapping the spear on his back, the mithral-plated warforged listens to the others speak of impending danger. Inwardly, he feels increasingly ill at ease. He opens a pouch on his belt, and takes out a small object which he conceals in his palm.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

Templar reaches the door to the spare room just as the corpse lurches off the bed. The thing's limbs move stiffly, as if it was some sort of hideous puppet being controlled by invisible strings. It staggers towards the warforged like a drunken man, arms reaching out.

Everyone should probably roll inititive.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Jacinth

Jacinth gladly takes the rope. "Thank you." He then quickly heads into the room where the 'corpse' rests. He says to Templar "Wait, lets try tying him up first. Maybe there is a way to restore him or at least get some answers if we don't destroy him. Here, I'll tie him up and you see about keeping his head down so he doesn't bite me. Maybe stuff something in his mouth."

He moves towards the body as quickly as he can and tries binding the hands and feet together. A process that would take about a minute.

(1d20+13)[22] (1 from dex, 2 from it being silk rope, and 10 for it being easier to tie than to escape from being bound)
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

Init: (1d20+2)[3]

Kalinar follows up behind Jacinth. "Oh, that doesn't look good." He brings his hands up and his shadow seems to stretch for a moment, it's movements working differently than Kalinar's hands. "Quit moving, be you living or dead."

Spoiler
    Show
    Voice of Shadows: Will save on the person. If he's living, it's a command spell. If he's undead, it's a save versus being dazed for 1 round. DC: 13

Don't be stupid.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Jacinth

(Oh, snap! I'm too late...)

Okay, Jacinth is a few feet behind the warforged and 'wielding' the rope. Seeing that the body got up from the bed and walking like an automoton and that Templar is wielding a sword... he figures that tying it up is now a futile gesture. He drops the rope and pulls three stones out of his pocket, infusing them with power

Initiative: (1d20+1)[21]

Spoiler
    Show
    The infusion is magic stone, which makes each of the stones deal 1d6+1 damage or 2d6+2 damage to undead when thrown.
    Last edited by Randel; 2007-10-04 at 10:29 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Hearing commotion from the room, the ornate warforged holds his spear at the ready.
    Sitrep?

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll=Initiative]1d20+2[/roll]
    Considering Fetch has no idea what's going on, he will hold his ground. Assuming no opportunities to attack arise, he will spend this round taking a total defense action, bringing his AC to 22.
    Last edited by CockroachTeaParty; 2007-10-04 at 10:44 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+2)[5]

Since Gronth is still in the common room, he probably can't hear the raucous in the room with the body, so even though I have an init roll, Gronth's not going to do anything until he hears something or the action comes down to him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current Chars:
    Cora Hilltopple, Rogue 5/Fighter 2 (Left area of gaming group)
    Ethelon, Sorcerer 4 (Campaign postponed indefinitely)
    Altair De'Von, Cleric 1
    Gronth Gaar, Barbarian 1

Avatar is of Cora Hilltopple, made by me!

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

Might as well roll for the dearly departed Damion Belrial.

Inititive: (1d20-1)[2]

28. - Top - End - #88

Initiative - (1d20+2)[21]

Templar advances upon the walking corpse, boldly declaring, "I will send you back to your grave!" He then crouches, placing his shield before him and raising his sword for an overpowering strike, paying only nominal attention to his defense.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fighting challenge on the undead, which fails unless it has an int of 5, is able to speak a language, and has a CR of no more than 2 less than mine, which is either -1 or 1/3 depending on your interpretation.

Attack - (1d20+5)[22]
    Damage - (1d8+4)[5]
    -1 to both if fighting challenge didn't work
    Last edited by EvilRoeSlade; 2007-10-05 at 12:21 AM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

Here's a quick map of the rooms

To get everyone in inititive order, I took the liberty of summerizing everyone's actions.

Inititive 21: Upstairs, Templar makes a preemptive strike on the walking corpse. The thing seems unaffected by his challenge to battle. His sword cleaves into the thing's flesh and spilling its cold blood upon the floor. He is at B3.

Inititive 21: Jacinth, standing behind Templar, infuses three stones with power, readying them to use against the walking dead. He is at B4

Inititive 5: Gronth is sitting at the bar downstairs ignoring Rehsmar.

Inititive 4: Fetch is down in the common room, ready for any attack.

Inititive 3: Kalinar, standing next to Jacinth, attempts to command the zombie. He's at C4. Will Save: (1d20)[7]

Inititive 2: Kalinar's words seem to shake the shambling corpse, preventing it from acting.

Those who wish to react to Templars shout and join the fray upstairs will have to spend 2 rounds to hustle up the steep stairs and down the hallways to the room. (Its a pretty big inn.)

As for what's going on down in the common room, most of the patrons are starting to looks anxious. The talking has dropped to wispers, and the games of cards and dice have stopped. A few have started to leave the inn.

Everyone make a Listen check on their turn.
    Last edited by Kyeudo; 2007-10-05 at 12:52 AM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Jacinth

AC:14 HP:12/12

Jacinth holds two of the enchanted stones in his left hand and the other in his right. He slips in through the doorway to position A3 (since thats the only position where he can use a ranged attack without having to aim through a wall or a warforged) Since the zombie is taking no action he assumes he has a clear shot at it. "Take this!" He throws the pebble at the zombie from a distance of about 5 feet.

Ranged attack (that's really close up): (1d20+3)[15] (+1 base ranged attack, +1 dex, +1 enhancement bonus from the magic stone spell, not sure if there is a bonus or penalty for throwing at this distance)

Damage: (2d6+2)[14] for undead, if it hits anyone else (sorry Templar) it deals (1d6+1)[6]
    Spoiler
    Show