New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Lightbulb Knights of the Chalice 2 Kickstarter Thread

Greetings, all!

KotC2 has a Kickstarter! As of this writing (Feb 12, 2019) it isn't yet live, but it'll be soon enough!

The game's author kindly explained what Knights of the Chalice 2 is(n't).

The Knights of the Chalice series is a turn-based adaptation of the Open Gaming License (OGL) rules for D&D 3.5. The first KotC stuck fairly close the the rules as written, but KotC2 seems more interested in adapting and expanding them for the sake of a better game.

I've already offered the author extensive feedback regarding many aspects of the game, some of which is slated to be in the final release.

As an aside, Knights of the Chalice is soon scheduled to arrive on Steam, GOG, and possibly other PC gaming platforms!

Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by GPuzzle View Post
    And I do agree that the right answer to the magic/mundane problem is to make everyone badass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    If you're of a philosophical bent, the powergamer is a great example of Heidegger's modern technological man, who treats a game's mechanics as a standing reserve of undifferentiated resources that are to be used for his goals.
    My Complete Tome of Battle Maneuver/Stance/Class Overhaul

Arseplomancy = Fanatic Tarrasque!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Knights of the Chalice 2 Kickstarter Thread

Nice, I enjoyed the little I played of the first - especially since it was true TTRPG turn-based (like Divinity OS2) as opposed to real-time-with-pause (like Pillars, NWN, and Kingmaker.) So I'm looking forward to this title. I'll check out the backer rewards.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

What happened to the game? I can't find any update on the internet.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Still in development. More news TBA.
    Quote Originally Posted by GPuzzle View Post
    And I do agree that the right answer to the magic/mundane problem is to make everyone badass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    If you're of a philosophical bent, the powergamer is a great example of Heidegger's modern technological man, who treats a game's mechanics as a standing reserve of undifferentiated resources that are to be used for his goals.
    My Complete Tome of Battle Maneuver/Stance/Class Overhaul

Arseplomancy = Fanatic Tarrasque!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Endarire View Post
    The Knights of the Chalice series is a turn-based adaptation of the Open Gaming License (OGL) rules for D&D 3.5. The first KotC stuck fairly close the the rules as written, but KotC2 seems more interested in adapting and expanding them for the sake of a better game.
    {Scrubbed}

Since then we've had Pathfinder OGL. And now Knights of the Chalice 2, so my question about whether CPRGs based on the OGL are possible or not has been answered. I hope this leads to a golden age of OGL CRPGs. I'd love to see something similar to NWN2, updated with new technology and closer to PnP.
    Last edited by jdizzlean; 2019-12-31 at 05:51 AM. Reason: clean up

6. - Top - End - #6
    Nerdomancer in the Playground Moderator

DruidGuy

The Mod Life Crisis: So far, Kickstarter has been unable to raise the necessary funds to successfully combat necromancy.
    Spoiler: Medals & Current Characters
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    More sources, more choices, more power. Welcome to D&D.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I mean, I have been assuming Jdizzlean looks like Nathan Fillion this whole time to start with...
    The Mod Life Crisis If you need me to address a thread as a Moderator, please include a link