New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Crusader Kings II Thread V: Umayyad Bro?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    The other one was that it was full of pop-ups, which opened automatically and halted the game. Once your realm and court were large enough, you effectively couldn't play any longer, because of how many pop-ups you got.
    I'll be honest, even CKII has that problem once you become an Emperor with 300+ holdings under your belt.

I don't know why the game decides that you want to decide on the education for children in your dungeon...
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    teleporting Hyper Nixon solves problems with Patriotism.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    I suppose it's something of a failure of the game design considering they're trying to get you to roleplay the feudal experience, but.. the most effective army in CK2 is still mostly your own demesne troops + retinue. I'll usually try to get direct ownership of a second castle in my capital county; then the stacking effect of your character's Martial score bonus, the capital county recruitment bonus, your tech level (often multiple levels higher in your capital than anywhere else because the AI characters have just no idea how to farm tech points), and probably having your Marshal do the recruitment task there, multiplied over two castles means demesne recruitment, for me, is often the majority percent of everything my realm can raise. For a Martial-focused character it can be a big enough percentage that I just don't bother calling the realm levies - my vassals aren't going to give enough men for it to matter, and raising them just annoys them.
    My favourite tactic is to select a capital with 5 or 6 extra holding slots, fill em up with castles beyond the obligatory city and temple, and enjoy a 5x bonus result from marshall training troops and steward collecting taxes. The end result is that I've got 50-60k troops and enough gold tthat I don't have to care at all about who I put on my council and can focus only on stats and traits.

Speaking of the council though. One thing I don't like is how in CK2, when I'm a feeble count ruling over a small county in the middle of the scandinavian tundra, I can have my one marshall train troops in my one county.

Also, when I'm the Emperor of all human kind whose borders stretch across all of europe... I still only have one marshall training troops in one county. It'd be really nnice if you could invest money or other things into hiring more workers for council tasks. I want to be able to run a serious inquisition to try and weed out all the devil worshippers.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Colossus in the Playground

Got back into the game yesterday after finding out about the new ruler experience or whatever thing to unlock funny hats in CK3. There was 0 indication of what to do (turns out: objectives are under the Esc menu) so I loaded up the Breton king and just started playing him.

The game went wild. I've slowly taken over Brittany until I only have one "powerful vassal" (a 2-county duke who is always mad at me), and I'm raking in big bucks. My hospital is nearly maxed out, and my latest ruler got 10K points from doing cool Hermeticist stuff (including completing the stargazing and laboratory quests with all the top options).

But why the heck does everyone die so young now? They all keep getting their faces cut off and biting the dust at 30. The highly prestigious and wealthy Queen was hated by literally everybody because of her disfigurement modifiers stacking.

Also somehow the English king was a Rurikid and Hungary got Rus and Sweden.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

4. - Top - End - #214
    Firbolg in the Playground

Something which I would like to see reworked are defensive pacts. Last time I played them, I inherited Byzantium while being a Western ruler, and this made my menace rating skyrocket. But then menace degrades, in spite of me not giving up any lands.

I think that, when you become menacingly strong compared to a neighbour, it makes sense for him to either look for a non-aggression pact with you, or a defensive pact with other powers as a way to balance you out (sometimes with a single larger power like France, sometimes with many smaller powers, like the Spanish realms). You could then have diplomacy options to get a realm you want to prey on kicked out of the defensive pact. Favours, bribery, ambitions, little events, having their relatives at your court...

The more overwhelming a menace you become to a certain realm, the more its ruler should scramble to look for a defence pact. So if you have a vassal claimant to a realm, its ruler could be OK with creating a pact with Muslims. And Muslims would be more ready to create such pacts against realms that can holy war them. The ruler of a decently sized realm who has the Invasion casus belli would be a more urgent worry for its only slighter smaller neighbour, than a one-county independent ruler.

But these alliances should depend on your size, and your menace should never get lower, unless you lose casus belli or military power.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

Threat isn't just about your size. It is also about how expansionist you are. It decays when you aren't out conquering because people stop expecting you to go out conquering some more.

6. - Top - End - #216

Quote Originally Posted by Gnoman View Post
    Threat isn't just about your size. It is also about how expansionist you are. It decays when you aren't out conquering because people stop expecting you to go out conquering some more.
    I just don't think that this part makes sense. There is only one country like that I can think of, and that's the Old Swiss Confederacy after 1515. Otherwise, everyone was constantly worried by their neighbours, unless they were part of the same alliance (and even then...).

And the game raises your menace even if you inherit, so the problem isn't conquest, the problem is simply expansion.

The thing is, even if we ignore realism, I still find it a bad mechanic. Instead of always giving you engaging and balanced fights, it punishes you for getting larger, and rewards you for doing nothing and getting bored. After having made a whole play-through with it, I just leave it turned off.
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

I just don't think that this part makes sense. There is only one country like that I can think of, and that's the Old Swiss Confederacy after 1515. Otherwise, everyone was constantly worried by their neighbours, unless they were part of the same alliance (and even then...).

And the game raises your menace even if you inherit, so the problem isn't conquest, the problem is simply expansion.

The thing is, even if we ignore realism, I still find it a bad mechanic. Instead of always giving you engaging and balanced fights, it punishes you for getting larger, and rewards you for doing nothing and getting bored. After having made a whole play-through with it, I just leave it turned off.
    It's a mechanic imported wholesale from EU, and its only purpose is to delay world conquests. I agree with every criticism you have, I hate it as well. It's a terrible band-aid solution for a real problem that we be better solved by other means. I don't understand why Paradox seems to like it so much.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

8. - Top - End - #218
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Narkis View Post
    It's a mechanic imported wholesale from EU, and its only purpose is to delay world conquests. I agree with every criticism you have, I hate it as well. It's a terrible band-aid solution for a real problem that we be better solved by other means. I don't understand why Paradox seems to like it so much.
    I really like the way the systems in Vic 2 and HoI4 work. They make sense for their time periods.

In Victoria, everything revolves around great power politics, so the eight great powers (and regional powers within their spheres of influence) are always making coalitions against one another. Coalitions against you can be dismantled through politicking, and the crisis system makes it easy enough to hastily assemble a coalition of your own when things get heated.

In Hearts of Iron, offensive actions cause World Tension to rise, which unleashes the nations of the world to guarantee the independence of your victims, or simply justify war goals against you for being a big bully. Since everything is meant to snowball into a World War, de-escalation is unnecessary (though it does happen, if the Allies win and the USSR doesn't take too much land).

In a weird way, CK2 is a lot like HoI4. A lot of mechanics are based around exactly one big conflict. Crusades, adventurers and planned invasions, kingdom ambitions, giant pile-ups where everyone is pushing their claim on England. But these mechanics just don't work as part of a 700 year long game because it's not that difficult to spam them over and over again and blob very quickly. Paradox tried to fix this through centralization mechanics, but the real limit on medieval realm size didn't really work that way. You can't really compartmentalize a Europe-wide empire into various kings, dukes, and counts because corruption at the edges will immediately lead to realms splitting away (and it might be months until you find out it happened at all).

I hope this is something CK3 addresses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ettin in the Playground

New dev diary. Some nice news about the map, and also BARONIES WILL ALWAYS STAY WITH THE COUNTY. FINALLY. I've had so many times when a barony in Persia somehow randomly ends up under Umayyads in Iberia. And you can only declare holdings wars for one barony at a time! I'm so thrilled they'll stay put now.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

On one hand, I like the more detailed map and baronies being visible. On the other, I really dislike baronies being glued to their county. It was a problem in CK2 because they were hidden and you had to go clicking on counties to find those that belonged to someone else. But in CK3 they'll be right there on the map. You can't miss them. Marrying them to the county doesn't really serve a purpose anymore.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

11. - Top - End - #221
    Barbarian in the Playground

It does in making the coding easier. They want to make barons super simplified, even from ck2, is my understanding.

Also it would feel kind of odd to me, just because you don't really ever want to go to war for single baronies. Why bother? The only times I see it happen generally are because of issues with war goals, where someone else has some baronies conquered but you win the war that claims them, so you don't get them but you do get the counties, and it just always feels bad.

12. - Top - End - #222

The biggest problem I see with it is that it makes it harder for any future merchant republics to take coastal land. On the other hand, not having to spend 2 wars to take a county off Byzantium would make life easier. Maybe there will be more to trade posts than 3 buildings that you can easily max out all of. At the same time, I want to actually interact with my trade empire as Venice or Pisa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

13. - Top - End - #223

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    The biggest problem I see with it is that it makes it harder for any future merchant republics to take coastal land. On the other hand, not having to spend 2 wars to take a county off Byzantium would make life easier. Maybe there will be more to trade posts than 3 buildings that you can easily max out all of. At the same time, I want to actually interact with my trade empire as Venice or Pisa.
    They're completely redesigning how republics work, and won't be in the base release, so they might not even have trade posts in the same way.

14. - Top - End - #224

Quote Originally Posted by Manticoran View Post
    They're completely redesigning how republics work, and won't be in the base release, so they might not even have trade posts in the same way.
    I think that this is part of why trade posts and republics are being cut for the initial release.
    Rockphed said it well.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

All righty. I finished the Llywelyn The Great Monarch Journey!

In many ways, this challenge was easier than King Konan's. Love Spoon's for the ruler-specific challenge is way easier than Gloves Come Off! as it does not rely on the luck of getting 6 sons. None of the other challenges for Llywelyn's dynasty were as specific as Konan's "Pre-Emptive Self-Defense" and most of them can be gotten through just playing the game normally.

With that said....England is ridiculously huge during this time period. 1200's England during this bookmark is pretty much at the height of their power in Crusader Kings II and they have a massive initial army that if they choose they can use to subjugate you with. My solution? To lick the English Boots until I became strong enough to handle them from the inside.

The remaining two challenges largely involve you expanding. Dragon's Fire requires you to take over the entirety of the De Jure region of the Kingdom of Wales. This is largely Cornwall and a couple of provinces that England holds at the start. It's pretty easy. Especially considering you have 250 years to do it(until the end of the game). This challenge pretty much resolved itself after I inherited England proper about three generations in.

Then we get to the big one...Princes of Wales. For this challenge, you need to be an Independent King of Wales(or at least hold the title) and have Nine(!) Dukes of your dynasty. With catholic on catholic wars, taking the duchies required peacemeal is extremely slow and deposing non-dynasty Dukes through marriage, claims, war, or assassination also takes times.

I managed to get extremely lucky with something that I thought was actually going to doom my attempt...I left Sunset Invasion on...Normally I don't mind the DLC, I know many do, but I normally like the shakeup that it does to Western Europe much like The Mongols do with the Eastern part of the map. However, normally I have 500 years to prepare for it. so when The Aztecs landed in Scotland. I thought I was absolutely doomed. However, they burned up their event troops way too quickly and I took advantage of this weakness and used Holy Wars to take most of Ireland back for some free family Dukes.

My suggestion for those who don't have sunset Invasion, or don't get nearly as lucky is to jump ship to Iberia or The Middle East and wage Holy Wars for those duchies. Dealing with the catholic dukes just takes way too much time...

I kind of hope that the next Monarch Challenge is not Christian...Although i'm sure due to DLC constraints, all of them will be unless they make some sort of special exception and I don't see that happening without it being incredibly buggy for those who do not have the DLC's.

16. - Top - End - #226

Quote Originally Posted by Leecros View Post
    All righty. I finished the Llywelyn The Great Monarch Journey!

In many ways, this challenge was easier than King Konan's. Love Spoon's for the ruler-specific challenge is way easier than Gloves Come Off! as it does not rely on the luck of getting 6 sons. None of the other challenges for Llywelyn's dynasty were as specific as Konan's "Pre-Emptive Self-Defense" and most of them can be gotten through just playing the game normally.

With that said....England is ridiculously huge during this time period. 1200's England during this bookmark is pretty much at the height of their power in Crusader Kings II and they have a massive initial army that if they choose they can use to subjugate you with. My solution? To lick the English Boots until I became strong enough to handle them from the inside.

The remaining two challenges largely involve you expanding. Dragon's Fire requires you to take over the entirety of the De Jure region of the Kingdom of Wales. This is largely Cornwall and a couple of provinces that England holds at the start. It's pretty easy. Especially considering you have 250 years to do it(until the end of the game). This challenge pretty much resolved itself after I inherited England proper about three generations in.

Then we get to the big one...Princes of Wales. For this challenge, you need to be an Independent King of Wales(or at least hold the title) and have Nine(!) Dukes of your dynasty. With catholic on catholic wars, taking the duchies required peacemeal is extremely slow and deposing non-dynasty Dukes through marriage, claims, war, or assassination also takes times.

I managed to get extremely lucky with something that I thought was actually going to doom my attempt...I left Sunset Invasion on...Normally I don't mind the DLC, I know many do, but I normally like the shakeup that it does to Western Europe much like The Mongols do with the Eastern part of the map. However, normally I have 500 years to prepare for it. so when The Aztecs landed in Scotland. I thought I was absolutely doomed. However, they burned up their event troops way too quickly and I took advantage of this weakness and used Holy Wars to take most of Ireland back for some free family Dukes.

My suggestion for those who don't have sunset Invasion, or don't get nearly as lucky is to jump ship to Iberia or The Middle East and wage Holy Wars for those duchies. Dealing with the catholic dukes just takes way too much time...

I kind of hope that the next Monarch Challenge is not Christian...Although i'm sure due to DLC constraints, all of them will be unless they make some sort of special exception and I don't see that happening without it being incredibly buggy for those who do not have the DLC's.
    I got really lucky, and England went for Free Investiture, which immediately got them excommunicated. This resulted in them becoming MUCH weaker, getting involved in Excommunication Wars with a bunch of people... And letting the Pope give me a claim on England! I managed to successfully take control of England, and then over time finish up getting the rest of it, press a claim for Normandy(Because I didn't have claim on any of the stuff on the mainland), and so on.

The hardest part for me was having to find people who were English culture who had territory to marry people off to! Since it was pretty quick on the murdering them off to get my Welsh Dukes on thrones.

17. - Top - End - #227

I did well in the first crusade and used the piety to get an invasion CB against England. I used 6K gold from the crusade to hire 20K mercenaries to conquer everything from Wales across to London, but I got England. I just need to stay alive long enough to get both England and Wales on Tanistry. Then I can destroy England (a smarter me would have gotten England on Tanistry before creating Wales).
    Rockphed said it well.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm still in the process of doing this second Monarch's Journey, but right after the Crusade, I asked the pope for a Claim on the Duchy of Brittany. This gave me a whole lot of extra land. I also keep a keen eye on nearby counties, and as soon as there's a woman on the throne, I use the Pope's misogyny to get claims without having to do anything about it.

Honestly, asking the Pope for claims is really bork against women (and also children).

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I have to say. I am beginning to fall in love with religious societies. I used to think that they weren't that amazing. A lot of the powers that they get are kind of lackluster, you get a nasty hit to fertility, and they're always asking you to build temples.

However, even just being the first level of the society and getting the ability to improve the attribute points of the people that you're educating is powerful. Especially if your character has really good stats because that does improve the chances of getting a better result.

20. - Top - End - #230

Quote Originally Posted by Leecros View Post
    I have to say. I am beginning to fall in love with religious societies. I used to think that they weren't that amazing. A lot of the powers that they get are kind of lackluster, you get a nasty hit to fertility, and they're always asking you to build temples.

However, even just being the first level of the society and getting the ability to improve the attribute points of the people that you're educating is powerful. Especially if your character has really good stats because that does improve the chances of getting a better result.
    It is nice when you can boost your heir's stats, but less so when shortly after finishing their education they tell you that in their attempts to become more virtuous they've gotten rid of the Ambitious trait you gave them.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

Crusader Kings 2 is free (the base game) as you should well know by now. But this weekend Sword of Islam is also free to keep. Get it while it's hot, people!
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

22. - Top - End - #232

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Crusader Kings 2 is free (the base game) as you should well know by now. But this weekend Sword of Islam is also free to keep. Get it while it's hot, people!
    Of all the expansions, I think sword of islam is the weakest. The Republic has similar problems (it doesn't really add anything to the game unless you want to play as what it unlocks), but republics are at least different and fun. Muslim rulers, on the other hand, play a lot like feudal christians with the caveat that you have to keep your decadence as low as possible.
    Rockphed said it well.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Of all the expansions, I think sword of islam is the weakest. The Republic has similar problems (it doesn't really add anything to the game unless you want to play as what it unlocks), but republics are at least different and fun. Muslim rulers, on the other hand, play a lot like feudal christians with the caveat that you have to keep your decadence as low as possible.
    I've always found Muslim rulers to be inredibly boring and easy to play. It's fairly easy to keep your decadence down and most of them have fairly easy avenues of expansion via holy war's. I play them, become emperor, conquer a large swath of land, then get bored and move onto something else...

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Yeah, I always heard that Muslim leaders can use all three holdings no problem and as a result can get huge amounts of income along with troops. Then the AI is terrible at undertaking invasions/crusades/any war involving water. So, they really can't counter any muslim expansion, that it can't either properly model a few points, so Iberia/spain goes full muslim with further expansion without the AI simply being able to stuff the hurt.

Plus, the crusade/jihad mechanics are still borked, in that there are no personality clashes that happen in them, once sign ups happen there is loyalty to them all (Different in real life) and the AI will have some characters start wars or conflicts that the AI then can't continue to make happen because it can't figure out how to get troops to the place.

I have not played again recently due to being busy, but I always found the muslim starts not interesting in any way. They are all pretty much about just conquering everything, which they seem to get a free CB and free no penalties for, and the AI rarely has decadence problems because the game doesn't make many mistakes of giving out stuff to make higher decadence.

That may be more of what I experience compared to others though. Is it more common for the muslims to crush everything? or is more common to see other things?

I really like and prefer the alternate starts of shattered world and a different history start because you can get different setups as game start going. Running the same area with the same history with the same bunch of muslims in the area always jihading gets old.
    Blog Read and Comment! I use green for joking and Blue for sarcasm.
    Published two Kindle Books on Amazon, both are 99 cents. Ask Me about them!

My First Let's Play -- Temporary Haitus (I plan to get back to it eventually)
    (Yes, I happen to despise Game of Thrones, and the Book Series it is based on. I am Team Wight/Other. Kill all those humans!)

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Quote Originally Posted by russdm View Post
    Yeah, I always heard that Muslim leaders can use all three holdings no problem and as a result can get huge amounts of income along with troops. Then the AI is terrible at undertaking invasions/crusades/any war involving water. So, they really can't counter any muslim expansion, that it can't either properly model a few points, so Iberia/spain goes full muslim with further expansion without the AI simply being able to stuff the hurt.

Plus, the crusade/jihad mechanics are still borked, in that there are no personality clashes that happen in them, once sign ups happen there is loyalty to them all (Different in real life) and the AI will have some characters start wars or conflicts that the AI then can't continue to make happen because it can't figure out how to get troops to the place.

I have not played again recently due to being busy, but I always found the muslim starts not interesting in any way. They are all pretty much about just conquering everything, which they seem to get a free CB and free no penalties for, and the AI rarely has decadence problems because the game doesn't make many mistakes of giving out stuff to make higher decadence.

That may be more of what I experience compared to others though. Is it more common for the muslims to crush everything? or is more common to see other things?

I really like and prefer the alternate starts of shattered world and a different history start because you can get different setups as game start going. Running the same area with the same history with the same bunch of muslims in the area always jihading gets old.
    I must suck at this game big time.

I played a bit as the Khaganate of Delhi, I didn't exactly find it super easy. But yea am not good a this game at all. While I was doing ok in India, naturally the Near East compatriots were losing big time against crusaders. I'll give you the more cash thouigh, I felt richer, but then again India is wealthier than most parts I've been.
    I don't seem to recall there was much benefit in being able to hold other types of holdings. It still made most sense to hold castles to have any troops when inevitably everyone gets mad at you. And having a lot of title claimant brothers usually spelled trouble at some point.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by snowblizz View Post
    I don't seem to recall there was much benefit in being able to hold other types of holdings. It still made most sense to hold castles to have any troops when inevitably everyone gets mad at you. And having a lot of title claimant brothers usually spelled trouble at some point.
    The biggest impact of it is at the start of the game, when you can revoke/murder your capital county's temple holder and have the property revert to you. Instantly doubles your personal holdings, personal raisable troops, and personal tax base, and means you now have two holdings to apply your personal stat bonuses and council job benefits to (2 holdings getting Tax Collected, 2 holdings have extra levies trained, etc.) You do mostly prefer holding castles, when you're powerful enough for that to be an actual choice, but temples are a pretty good holding type in their own right.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

One thing that does immediately come to mind is Iqta(? actually that's not the name is it, it's just their version of feudal) tax, so as a muslim ruler you get a bunch more cash off non-muslim populaitons, places like India that makes quite the difference.
    Last edited by snowblizz; 2019-11-22 at 07:01 AM.

28. - Top - End - #238

Quote Originally Posted by snowblizz View Post
    One thing that does immediately come to mind is Iqta(? actually that's not the name is it, it's just their version of feudal) tax, so as a muslim ruler you get a bunch more cash off non-muslim populaitons, places like India that makes quite the difference.
    Jizya, maybe?

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Jizya, maybe?
    Yep, that's the name. I'm playing in a Shattered World game, starting as the Emir of Baghdad, the Jizya tax helps a good bit with income. (The Silk Road trade post doesn't hurt either )
    ithilanor on Steam.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    your tech level (often multiple levels higher in your capital than anywhere else because the AI characters have just no idea how to farm tech points),
    Can you explain about this, how to implement it? I would like to improve my stuff for more money, soldiers, technology so i can get more stuff/done. in my games, i will put the chaplain, spymaster, steward, marshal in places to research technology of what they can. Is there a better way to do that?

Currently have the following games going/planning to go:
    1) A House of Anjou/Baldwin IV Kingdom of Jerusalem due to the LPArchive Jerusalem Megagame, also having Edessa still maybe, surviving defeating those bloodly muslims
    2) Danubia, based on Habsburg family, and the book written by a guy, starting as Habsburg count
    3) Germania, based on a book written by the same guy as he wrote Danubia second, and featuring the Hohenzollerns, start as count Hohenzollern, turn them making germany, or at least make Prussia stuff
    4) Brittania, a game trying to follow the history using William the Conqueror and trying to console switch maybe to the different dynasties, or alternatively starting with earliest Wessex place or Alfred the Great and running through forming England; then however, creating the United Kingdom of England/Scotland/Wales with London as Capital, then include Ireland
    5) Wales, making Wales into a Kingdom
    6) Alba, or something good; running Scotland, or Forming Scotland with all of its parts that are in its modern form
    ) My Edmund Blackadder game, which i may need to restart since i had him married with possible kids, and the game gave me the wife and kids of the guy that edmund replaced

Then i hope to move each of these to the next game, EUIV/EUIII, then to Vic 2, then Hearts of Iron 2/3. Then maybe even to Stellaris.

I am probably going to try to get stuff together to run a let's play of my Edmund Blackadder game. Or would there be interest of forum goers?
    Last edited by russdm; 2019-12-08 at 02:04 AM.
    Blog Read and Comment! I use green for joking and Blue for sarcasm.
    Published two Kindle Books on Amazon, both are 99 cents. Ask Me about them!

My First Let's Play -- Temporary Haitus (I plan to get back to it eventually)
    (Yes, I happen to despise Game of Thrones, and the Book Series it is based on. I am Team Wight/Other. Kill all those humans!)