The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 356
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Prince George, BC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Halcyon rushes to Ameiko's side to check if she's OK, whispering a prayer to Shelyn and channeling some healing energy. She starts trying to untie Ameiko as well.

    Meanwhile Tempest spits a curse word and charges after Tsuto, wielding her guisarme. He's fast and it's probably an exercise in futility, but she's got to try anyway.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

    Halcyon expends a use of Channel Energy to heal everyone in 30' for (1d6)[3] HP.

    Tempest double-moves to try to catch up with Tsuto. She has about a minute and a half left before her summon expires.
    My DeviantArt page
    My Twitch channel! Watch me draw while I ramble about semi-related topics, every Saturday at 4:00 PM PST.
    Missed a stream? Watch it on my YouTube channel!

  2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Spoiler: Tsuto Chase Roll
    Show
    Stealth (1d20+3)[17]


    As Tempest weaves through the hallway, following the direction Tsuto ran off towards. She seems to keep pace, but as she rounds another corner, it seems the trail Tsuto was leaving seems to run cold.
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2019-08-05 at 11:55 PM.

    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

    He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

    Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

    Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

  3. - Top - End - #273
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Prince George, BC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    "...that bleeding son of a demodand," mutters Tempest as she tries to spot where her quarry went. She's running out of time and she knows it.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

    Perception check= (1d20)[1]
    My DeviantArt page
    My Twitch channel! Watch me draw while I ramble about semi-related topics, every Saturday at 4:00 PM PST.
    Missed a stream? Watch it on my YouTube channel!

  4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Slowed by his armor, Magnus quickly sees that pursuit will not go in his favor. He returns to see how the captive has fared. He lends his aid in freeing her."We should get her out of here, someplace safe. My want to come back and check out the rest of this place afterwards though."

  5. - Top - End - #275
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    It would seem that Tsuto has given the party the slip, at least for the time being.

    As Ameiko is untied, she says, "I fear there is no time, my brother brought me here for some sort of sacrifice. I only caught glimpses, but there is a passageway that leads below ground. Tsuto may acquire a new target if you wait too long. They were preparing for some sort of ritual down there. He also mentioned the name Nualia, his beloved. I can't be certain, but there were stories about her around town, she was believed to have died in the fire that burned down the church years ago."

    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

    He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

    Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

    Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

  6. - Top - End - #276
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2018

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Verezza watches as some of her companions try to follow Tsuto while others tend to Ameiko. The group was good, even though they haven't been together for long. With a little more time, they could be great together. It wasn't long before Tempest and Magnus return after failing to track Tsuto, but that perhaps was for the best. Ameiko seemed to be ok, but what she says is a bit worrying.

    "Very well. We must move forward then," she says, looking at the others. "I say we escort miss Ameiko out and then we look for this underground passage. We might also find more goblins."

  7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Magnus nods. "Whatever is down there, we should take care of it."

  8. - Top - End - #278
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Ameiko leads the party to a storeroom near the Glassworking room, and when they arrive, she shows them the passageway. Afterwards, she is escorted out of the glassworks by Verezza, to ensure she does not come across any who might do her harm. As she reaches the exit, she thanks Verezza and heads off to Sandpoint proper.

    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

    He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

    Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

    Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

  9. - Top - End - #279
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Mar 2010

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Madison follows the party, continuing to look sick. She tries to help Halcyon with any first aid she can, and when Ameiko is back on her feet, offers to escort her to town. She could use some fresh air after having seen the contents of that room, and she's not sure how much more violence and gore she can stomach for the time being. Maybe a walk and fresh air will help calm her down a bit. Ensuring Ameiko gets back to town safely, especially given Tsuto is still missing, seems like the right thing to do.

  10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Magnus nods toward the passage. "Shall we?"

  11. - Top - End - #281
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2018

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Verezza nods to Magnus. She props her spear against the wall and takes a torch from her bag, lighting it up. She then looks at the others and sets her eyes on Madison. "Would you mind?" she asks the girl, offering her the torch while gesturing towards her weapon. Verezza couldn't fight and hold the light at the same time, but Madison barely had a weapon and her magic seemed to come from her voice. Holding the torch shouldn't be a problem.

    With that set, she takes the lead and moves forward down the tunnel, her shield prepared for any surprises. At the first intersection, the large cave to the right looms threatening, so the group decides to explore it before following down the tunnel.

  12. - Top - End - #282
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Prince George, BC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    "Hold up a second," says Halcyon. She extends her hand and places it on Verezza's broad shoulder. She closes her eyes and recites, "Shelyn, goddess of art and love, let your blessing rest on this person. Guard her life I implore you."

    She moves to Magnus next, and repeats the brief ritual, then does the same for Issachar.

    "There. May the goddess bless you and keep you," she says. "Stay safe."

    That being done, she conducts another brief ritual, giving a brief dance.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

    Spend 3 uses of Channel Energy to place a Blessing on Verezza, Magnus, and Issachar. This gives a +1 Luck bonus to all saving throws for 24 hours.

    Perform check to re-summon Tempest. (1d20+11)[17] vs DC 17
    My DeviantArt page
    My Twitch channel! Watch me draw while I ramble about semi-related topics, every Saturday at 4:00 PM PST.
    Missed a stream? Watch it on my YouTube channel!

  13. - Top - End - #283
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    As the group moves into the outcropping cavern, two strange looking figures slowly come into view. These hairless humanoids lurch on back-bent, dog-like legs, their hideous mouths flanked by tiny arms with three-fingered hands.

    They notice the party approaching them and prepare to attack.

    Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    Enemy initiative (1d20+5)[14]

    Party Initiative
    Magnus (1d20+1)[17]
    Verezza (1d20+4)[10]
    Issachar (1d20+4)[23]
    Madison (1d20+2)[3]
    Halcyon (1d20+2)[3]

    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

    He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

    Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

    Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

  14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    "Ugly things. Let us dispatch them quickly."Magnus raises his axe and attacks, rushing forward.
    Spoiler
    Show
    att w/ energy blade (crystal blast) via energy blade shape, spell attack feat (no AOO from Melee blaster)
    (1d20+6)[14]
    damage (1d8+4)[12] slashing + [roll]1d4[roll] 1 (rolled on Discord)piercing
    Reflex save (1d20+2)[22] or entangled + immobile
    Last edited by stack; 2019-08-19 at 06:53 AM.

  15. - Top - End - #285
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Magnus lands a devastating attack against one of the peculiar creatures. While it is still standing, it is rooted to the ground and unable to move.
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2019-08-20 at 08:00 AM.

    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

    He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

    Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

    Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

  16. - Top - End - #286
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Issachar moves nimbly, moving to attack the rooted creature with his dagger.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Issachar moves adjacent to the enemy, who is still flat-footed and makes a sneak attack.
    Attack (1d20+6)[21]
    Crit? (19-20) (1d20+6)[8]
    Damage (1d4+1)[3] and (1d6)[3] precision damage
    If Crit add (1d4+1)[2] damage


    Issachar's dagger is coated in thick black fire as his target slumps down to the ground dead.
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2019-08-26 at 11:54 PM.

    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

    He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

    Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

    Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

  17. - Top - End - #287
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    The other strange creature charges Issachar and attempts to bite him with its razor sharp teeth.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Charge Attack vs Issachar (1d20+5)[12]
    Crit? (1d20+5)[23]
    Damage (1d6+1)[3]
    If Crit add (1d6+1)[6] damage
    If hit, attack vs Will (1d20+2)[21]
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2019-08-29 at 09:11 AM.

    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

    He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

    Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

    Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

  18. - Top - End - #288
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Prince George, BC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    A brief look of revulsion passes over Halcyon's face as she beholds the strange creatures. "What in the world are those?" she asks nobody in particular.

    Tempest growls as Issachar and Magnus make quick work of one, then the second moves to snap at the rogue. "They're ugly," she says, completely straight-faced. "Whatever they are, they can't take much of a hit."

    She strides toward the monster and stabs at it with her weapon.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

    Halcyon spends a Move action to maintain Tempest's summon.

    Tempest moves to M22 and attacks the monster with her Guisarme.
    Attack: (1d20+6)[11]
    Crit confirmation? (1d20+6)[24]
    Damage: (2d4+3)[8] S
    My DeviantArt page
    My Twitch channel! Watch me draw while I ramble about semi-related topics, every Saturday at 4:00 PM PST.
    Missed a stream? Watch it on my YouTube channel!

  19. - Top - End - #289
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2018

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Verezza ignores the siblings' discussion about the strange creature. It was a pressing matter and, even though one of them died pretty quickly to the combined assault of Magnus and Issachar, one still lived and was trying to retaliate the young boy. Verezza would have none of that.

    Stepping forward, she takes a wide path to the creature, arcing her spear around to get some speed before thrusting it into the monster's body.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move Action from L21 to M25.
    Attack with longspear:
    Spoiler: Longspear
    Show
    Hit: (1d20+5)[18]
    Crit?: (1d20+5)[11]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[11] (+(2d8+6)[14] on a crit)
    Last edited by richmond; 2019-08-30 at 05:38 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #290
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Mar 2010

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Madison tries to stay in the middle of the group as they explore the subterranean tunnels. She suppresses a shudder as they come across these ugly beasts, glad to see one of them swiftly put down. She turns to the other, a few notes directed towards it in an attempt to stop from attacking further.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Perform Roll for Minor Paralyze
    (1d20+13)[17] vs DC 17
    Will - (1d20+10)[24]


  21. - Top - End - #291
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    The creature ignores Madison's singing as it remains ready to fight.

    Spoiler: Unused rolls
    Show
    (1d20+3)[10] (1d20+3)[12] (1d20+3)[5] (1d20+3)[18] (1d4+1)[3] (1d4+1)[5] (1d4+1)[4] (1d20+3)[7] (1d20+3)[16] (1d6+1)[4] (1d6+1)[5] (1d20+2)[14] (1d6)[6]
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2019-08-31 at 10:58 PM.

    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

    He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

    Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

    Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

  22. - Top - End - #292
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Issachar moves slightly to better flank the creature. He aims to pierce it in a particularly vital spot to strike it down.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Issachar takes a 5 ft step to flank with Verezza.
    Attack (1d20+8)[12] (includes flanking bonus)
    Crit? (19-20) (1d20+8)[14]
    Damage (1d4+1)[4] and (1d6)[6] precision damage
    If Crit add (1d4+1)[3] damage
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2019-09-01 at 07:09 PM.

    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

    He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

    Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

    Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

  23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Magnus steps up, attacking the remaining foe with a high chop.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sequence is 1 from successful attack action
    Free: abandon focus, +1 sequence
    Move: move to M24
    Standard: spell attack vs SS2, base blast type

    attack roll (1d20+7)[18] (includes +1 from sequence)
    damage (1d8+5)[7] + (1d6)[4]

  24. - Top - End - #294
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    The second creature falls to Magnus' attack. Aside from the two . . . things, this room has little else of interest, just hewn into stone, dark, and uninteresting.

    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

    He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

    Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

    Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

  25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Magnus wipes his blade on the fallen foe, then nods his assent to continue.

  26. - Top - End - #296
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2018

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Verezza adjusts her grasp on the shield as she turns away from the monsters, watching the hallway to the north.

    "Do you know what these things are?" she asks to no one in particular, waiting until the others are ready before taking the lead once again when they move forward.
    Last edited by richmond; 2019-09-05 at 12:00 AM.

  27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Magnus prods one with his foot and shrugs. "Dead."

  28. - Top - End - #298
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    As the party continues their exploration, they return to the main path and take the next right into an old storeroom. The original purpose of this room is unclear, but as the party enters the room, they notice their path had originally been part of a wall that was torn down. There is a doorway leading north, but other than that, the room seems mundane and barren.

    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

    He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

    Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

    Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

  29. - Top - End - #299
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Mar 2010

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Madison follows the party, wondering aloud "What do you think those creatures were doing in that room? Didn't seem like there was much of note in there."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    I'm down to continue forward.

  30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Magnus shrugs, "I have no idea. Maybe we will find answers ahead."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •