The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 356
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Mar 2010

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Madison continues staying crouched where she is. It seems to be working for her so far.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Same as last turn
    perform 1
    (1d20+10)[20] v DC16
    potential perform 2
    (1d20+10)[26] v DC16

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    The last remaining goblin attempts to stab Zadavyr in a futile attempt at retribution for his slain kin.

    Spoiler
    Show
    G1 attack (1d20+2)[10]
    Crit? (1d20+2)[16]
    Damage (1d20+2)[9]


    As he attacks, you begin to hear a somewhat gutteral chant nearby start to pick up, though it is too faint to hear what it is. However, it is slowly starting to crescendo.

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Spoiler: woops, wrong die
    Show
    *damage reroll (1d4)[4]
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2019-02-20 at 09:20 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Prince George, BC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    "Hm. Hal, I need a tactical reposition."

    Halcyon nods and goes through a few more dance moves, reaching out and tapping her sister on the shoulder.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

    Halcyon:
    Move action to maintain concentration on summon.
    Standard action to teleport Tempest to I16. Skill check: (1d20+10)[16]

    Tempest:
    If successfully teleports, full-round action to charge the goblin, moving to I14.
    To-hit: (1d20+7)[13]
    Crit confirm? (1d20+7)[25]
    Damage: (2d4+3)[8]

    AC for round: 14

    If teleport fails, move action to I13.
    Standard action: attack goblin.
    To-hit: (1d20+5)[16]
    Crit confirm? (1d20+5)[21]
    Damage: (2d4+3)[5]

    AC normal.
    My DeviantArt page
    My Twitch channel! Watch me draw while I ramble about semi-related topics, every Saturday at 4:00 PM PST.
    Missed a stream? Watch it on my YouTube channel!

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    The last goblin falls to Tempest's strike, but before anyone can rest, there is a small explosion to the south. A plume of fire erupts from a nearby cart, as several goblins seem to have found the fuel for the sunset bonfire. Several villagers run past while a few lie dead at the goblins' feet. Wielding torches and dogslicers, a group of the little green demons emerge with one of them uttering that chant that has been starting to crescendo.

    "Goblins chew and goblins bite.
    Goblins cut and goblins fight.
    Stab the dog and cut the horse,
    Goblins eat and take by force!

    Goblins race and goblins jump
    Goblins slash and goblins bump.
    Burn the skin and mash the head,
    Goblins here and you be dead!

    Chase the baby, catch the pup.
    Bonk the head to shut it up.
    Bones be cracked, flesh be stewed,
    We be goblins! You be food!"


    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    The initiative remains the same, so it would be Verezza next.

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2018

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Verezza is surprised to see the versatility of the humans in this battle. Issachar had been darting in and out, slicing enemies with the daggers while dodging most of the blows. The blue-haired one was the opposite: no grace, just power. He hit them hard and seemed impervious to their blades, a real brute in the battlefield. And the dancer was... well, dancing. But she had magical lights following her movements, and if Verezza had questions if she was really casting, she suddenly touched her sister - at least Verezza assumed , although she didn't notice her approaching - and the warrior vanished, only to appear closer to the battle. That was real magic, useful magic! And the sister fighting style was surprisingly similar to the goliath's. Verezza felt she should do better.

    She didn't have much time, though, as the warrior sister pierce through the remaining enemy. Verezza feels she should say something, but the eerie music that had been growing shows its source as a group of goblins cuts their way through the crowd. Verezza immediately moves, shifting her grasp on the spear to increase her reach and positions herself amidst them ready to prevent their advance.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Verezza takes a 5-foot step to S18.
    She then activates her Patrol, making the threatened area to be 15'.
    She will take all the AoO she can, moving as needed to hit with spear or shield.
    Last edited by richmond; 2019-02-22 at 02:37 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Kvard51's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2016

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Hearing the off-key singing coming from the southeast of the square, Iss turns in time to see Large and Lovely take a longer grip on her spear and ready herself to meet the goblins. He had no doubt she would break their formation easily, but he wanted in on the excitement also. Jumping off the stage, Iss sprints to a spot where he has them flanked and slings a dagger at the third goblin, drawing another as the first leaves his hand.

    Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Spring to P20 and throw dagger at GW. [roll]1d20+4-2[/roll] for (1d4+1)[5] piercing damage.

    Crit? [roll]1d20+4-2[/roll] for (1d4+1)[3] piercing damage.

    Last edited by Kvard51; 2019-02-21 at 08:48 PM.
    “It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.”
    ― Kvothe, The Name of the Wind

    Map for RotRL

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Mar 2010

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Madison is shocked by the sudden appearance of the new group of goblins, one of which is very close to her. She looks towards it, carefully ignoring the dead bodies nearby, and steeling herself to cast in a life or death situation for the first time. She hums a tune, opening her mouth to release a few lilting notes in an uncommon language as the goblin she's staring at begins to freeze in place.


    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

    Language is celestial, if anyone else knows it.

    Std. Action - lesser paralyze charm on G5 with a DC19 Will save or dazed for 1 round
    (1d20+10)[13] v DC 16
    if it fails, immediate action cast Inspiration
    if 14, lesser charm, if less than 14, greater charm
    (1d20+10)[30] v DC 16
    if greater charm, (2d4)[3]
    Move Action - move to K21

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    kjelfalconer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2016

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Tch, more of them? Couldn't they have been a bit closer?

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Charge the closest one.
    (1d20+7)[19] to hit
    (1d4+4)[5] damage


  10. - Top - End - #40
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    As the goblins approach, Issachar's dagger is easily dodged by his target. Zadavyr leaps into action landing a staggering blow upon the goblin nearest him. Meanwhile, another goblin suddenly appears lost in thought, unusual for their kind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    G7 attack on Zadavyr (1d20+3)[19]
    Crit? (1d20+3)[20]
    Damage (1d4+1)[2]

    Will save against paralyze (1d20-1)[7]


    The rest of the goblins begin leaping into action. The singing goblin stares at Verezza and begins gesturing.

    Spoiler: Save vs Powerful Calm
    Show
    AoO from G6 vs Verezza (for patrol movement) (1d20+5)[25]
    Crit? (1d20+5)[8]
    Damage (1d4+1)[3]

    AoO from G7 vs Verezza (1d20+5)[15]
    Crit? (1d20+5)[9]
    Damage (1d4+1)[3]

    AoO from Verezza against GW (1d20+4)[24]
    Crit? (1d20+4)[18]
    Damage (1d8+4)[7]

    Concentration (if needed) (1d20+2)[6]
    Will save (DC 12) (1d20+5)[24]


    The warchanter's song is cut short as he is stabbed in the heart by the Goliath.

    Meanwhile, the goblin Zadavyr struck, while near death, lashes out at him, another goblin strikes at Verezza, while the last non-dazed goblin maliciously stabs a nearby corpse with malicious glee.

    Spoiler: Goblin actions
    Show
    G6 attack vs Verezza (1d20+5)[14]
    Crit?(1d20+5)[15]
    (1d4+1)[3]

    G8 wastes it's turn
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2019-02-22 at 07:58 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Prince George, BC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Tempest tosses aside the goblin's corpse with a grunt. Not much challenge in these, really, they just have numbers on their side.

    As the goblins' song begins, she looks over to where the new ones are popping out of their hiding places. She looks to the blue-haired fighter she just aided, only to see him running off to join the new fight. "Huh, not even a 'Thank you'?" she mutters as she surveys the battlefield.

    Hm. She doesn't like Halcyon being so exposed there. She and the other girl need someone to cover them. She rushes to place herself nearby the two of them, putting herself between them and danger.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

    Double move to N21.


    Halcyon meanwhile is contemplating how she can help. Everyone is out of her reach, but...

    A few of the spirits flying around her bob and weave a bit.

    "...Are you sure?"

    Bob bob bob

    "...OK. You know I don't like you doing that sort of thing, but... go ahead. And be careful!"

    A trio of spirits fly off, moving toward where the fighting is fiercest. One settles near Issachar and Blue Hair, the other two hover over the two goblins.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

    Move action to maintain summon.

    Move action to move one bound soul to each of P19, R20, and T19.
    My DeviantArt page
    My Twitch channel! Watch me draw while I ramble about semi-related topics, every Saturday at 4:00 PM PST.
    Missed a stream? Watch it on my YouTube channel!

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2018

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Her position was optimal to stop the first wave of goblins, but this wasn't Verezza first fight. Her battle awareness is great, and as soon as the singing goblin starts gesturing she knows what it means from the stories. Dark magic, wild curses from the creatures' shamans. With a single step she advances unafraid of the sword-wielding ones, and both try to cut her path. She deflects the first attack and ignore the sharp pain caused by the second's blade, her focus solely on the spellcaster. Her spear pierces the air, unwavering as it penetrates the chest of the one casting its foul spell, smiling as its chant becomes a bloody gargle.

    She sees as the blond girl uses her own magic, a melodious word that seems to freeze one of the goblins, then the warrior girl takes position to defend their casters. Good teamwork, unspoken but understood. These were not complete rookies, Verezza was happy to see. The dancer then conjures her magical lights again, this time sending them so close to Verezza she feels tempted to reach and touch them. Whatever they actually did, Verezza instantly felt refocused. Her weapon was a bit long to be in so close quarters, but she could be a wall, at least. The boys seemed to be delivering great blows, but they were taking some as well. Time to mend that.

    With a powerful swing, she slams her enormous shield against the goblin between her and the others, trying to knock it down for good. That would leave no other way for the goblins to attack besides going through her.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Verezza attacks G7 with her shield.
    Hit: (1d20+4)[24]
    Crit?: (1d20+4)[12]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[10] bludgeoning.

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Kvard51's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2016

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Issachar sprints to engage the second wave of goblins, leaping over the creature flying through his path after being clubbed with large and lovely’s shield. Reaching the next goblin in line, he slides to a stop with a wicked underhand slice at the creatures gut.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move to R24.

    Dagger attack (1d20+4)[12] for (1d4+1)[4] slashing damage.

    Crit? (1d20+4)[14] for (1d4+1)[5] slashing damage.
    “It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.”
    ― Kvothe, The Name of the Wind

    Map for RotRL

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Mar 2010

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Madison catches herself after a small stumble and watches as her words paralyze the goblin. She smiles, pleased with her success. As the dancer's companion moves to take a defensive position, Madison moves forward, spurred on by her previous success. She gets into the middle of all the fighters, safely protected but close enough to let out a few more lilting notes, hopefully freezing another one of their opponents.


    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Move action - move to N19
    Standard action - minor paralyze on G6
    perform check dc 16
    (1d20+10)[30]
    same rules as last time in regards to my inspiration on myself
    (1d20+10)[27]

    Also if anyone barely misses and I didn't use inspiration on myself, I'll cast it on them to give them +2 to hit

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    kjelfalconer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2016

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    They were annoying him now. Lightning crackled between his teeth again - no one would be bothered if he breathed on them, just a bit, right? The blast left his maw, an arc of bright lightning that seemed to curve to strike the goblins in its way.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Move to R23
    Spend a spell point to improve mutable blast, to deal (2d6)[9] lightning damage to the two goblins at the bottom (ref 14 halves (17 on the off chance they have metal armour on))

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Finding inspiration from Madison's singing, Issachar's blade finds its mark, while the goblin near Verezza begins to look dazed.

    Spoiler
    Show
    G6 Will Save (1d20-1)[16]


    Meanwhile, Zadavyr lets forth a snaking torrent of electricity from his mouth, frying the two non-dazed goblins.

    Spoiler
    Show
    G5 and G8 reflex saves (1d20+2)[11]


    And they both fall to the ground, smoking and twitching as their nervous system is overloaded, causing muscle spasms, but they are dead nonetheless.
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2019-02-24 at 10:01 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Prince George, BC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    As the enemies fall to the other fighters, Tempest takes up a defensive stance in case something more happens.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

    Full-round action to set up a patrol


    The soul floating near the lone remaining goblin twists itself into the shape of a ghostly screaming face. A tendril of life energy is drawn from the little green monster toward the apparition. Upon swallowing a portion of it, the soul seems to pull in on itself and vanish.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

    Move action to maintain the summon.
    Standard action to use Siphon Health. (1d6)[2] HP damage (can't kill the target), DC 14 Fort save for half. Halcyon gains the damage to target as temp HP for 1 hour.
    My DeviantArt page
    My Twitch channel! Watch me draw while I ramble about semi-related topics, every Saturday at 4:00 PM PST.
    Missed a stream? Watch it on my YouTube channel!

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2018

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    What the hell were those guys? Verezza has to admit she's a bit freaked out by how common magic was for them. She could barely understand how singing girl had managed to once again confuse the goblins with nothing but humming, but then things start to escalate a bit too much. First the blue-haired boy apparently spits lightning, tendrils of electricity frying the goblins, while the resounding thunder makes Verezza jump in place for a second. She had no idea magic could be so clearly... destructive. And then one of the lights, the same that she'd been fascinated about, apparently turns into some kind of evil spirit, its screaming mouth draining the life out of the goblins. Shivers run down Verezza's back as she thinks just what else the humans were capable of with their magic.

    Even then, they were on her side for now, so better keep them in good graces. With a quick step back, she spins around using her shield as cover to deliver a piercing thrust into the remaining foe.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Verezza takes a 5 foot step to R19 and attacks G6.

    Hit: (1d20+4)[9]
    Crit: (1d20+4)[16]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[8] (+ (2d8+6)[17] crit)

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Mar 2010

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Madison steps back, it looks like the fight is mostly over. Surely the enormous woman could take care of the last goblin, it was like a quarter of her size. She stood her ground, surveying the once pristine fairgrounds for any other potential threats.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Standard - Ready an action to paralyze anything that gets close
    (1d20+10)[15] vs DC16
    If someone nearly misses I'll cast inspiration to give them +2 (including if my readied action nearly misses to DC). No priority, just whatever happens to nearly miss first.
    (1d20+10)[19] vs DC16

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Kvard51's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2016

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Seeing the last goblin dodge Large and Lovely's spear, Iss rushes to her aid, picking his way across the battlefield. As he approaches the creature, he ducks and rolls, coming up behind him and stabbing for his exposed kidneys.

    Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Move toU19, Acrobatics from U18-U19 to avoid an AoO (1d20+11)[30] to set up flanking.

    Sneak Attack the last goblin (1d20+6)[15] for (1d4+1)[2] piercing damage and (1d6)[1] SA damage.

    Crit? (1d20+6)[17] for (1d4+1)[3] piercing damage.
    “It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.”
    ― Kvothe, The Name of the Wind

    Map for RotRL

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Madison's singing again helps guide Issachar's blade, causing it to strike true. The goblin slumps over his dagger as Iss slides the green body off of his weapon.

    Meanwhile, the chaos begins to even as the city watch begins to get things under control. There are still pockets of goblins here and there, though most have been slain or routed.

    Father Zantus, who had been about to give the blessing earlier, approaches, after he has tended to those wounded still within his ability to heal. "Thank you all so much for your assistance. Are any of you wounded? I still have some energy left to heal you a bit if you wish. The goblins seem to have mostly been taken care of, but there are still a few stragglers."

    He scans you each imploringly to see if you have suffered any damage and offers to heal both Issachar and Verezza if they wish.
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2019-02-25 at 01:57 AM.

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2018

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Despite missing her attack, Verezza is happy to see Issachar is able to capitalize on the distraction to deal the killing blow on the remaining goblin. She scans around one last time to see the area is clear, and notices to clergyman from before tending to the wounded before approaching the little group. As he offers help in healing, she shakes her head calmly.

    "I have been through worse. Tend to Issachar, then save your energy to help others," she says, gesturing towards the rogue while her eyes look at the distance. "There might be more of them hiding."

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Kvard51's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2016

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Issachar grins, ”No need, Lovely. ‘Tis just a scratch. See, it’s already stopped bleeding.” He pulls his shirt up, exposing the wound.

    Turning to the priest, he asks, “Father, do we know why these rodents attacked?”
    “It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.”
    ― Kvothe, The Name of the Wind

    Map for RotRL

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Father Zantus raises his hands and places them upon Issachar, fully healing his wounds.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Don't need to roll, minimum result is a full heal for him


    As he finishes, he looks at the rest of the party, "Is there anything else I can do for y-"

    He is cut off by the sound of frantic barking to the north and the sounds of a man screaming for help.

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Prince George, BC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    The two sisters approached the group as the priest arrived, chatting a bit between the two of them.

    "...wasn't in any danger, the goblins never came anywhere near me."

    "They could have easily chased after that other girl straight to you, and she doesn't look like she can fight. Your little glowing friends can't do much to protect you, after all."

    The four remaining orbs floated back into place near Halcyon and faded from view.

    "Now look at that, Temps, you've hurt their feelings."

    Tempest was about to say something more when the priest began talking. The two of them confirmed neither were hurt in their battle and declined any healing.

    When the screaming and barking started, Tempest's hand immediately went for her guisarme again, looking for trouble. What she saw was Halcyon running toward the commotion.

    "...HAL! For crying out loud, at least wait for me!" she cried as she chased after her sister.
    My DeviantArt page
    My Twitch channel! Watch me draw while I ramble about semi-related topics, every Saturday at 4:00 PM PST.
    Missed a stream? Watch it on my YouTube channel!

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Kvard51's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2016

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Iss shivers as the old priest heals him anyway. He is about to thank the father when the barking starts. His head whips around to the sound.

    "Looks like more fun! You with me, Lovely?" He looks at the Goliath expectantly for a moment before turning to run towards the sound.
    “It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.”
    ― Kvothe, The Name of the Wind

    Map for RotRL

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    As the group runs towards the screams for help, they arrive just east of the White Deer Inn to a group of goblins slaying a dog with a horsechopper. Their leader is riding a ratty looking beast known as a goblin dog. The screams are coming from a man behind a group of barrels, hiding from the attack. As they revel in their fresh ki, the goblins begin to turn their attention towards this man, not yet noticing as the party comes to the rescue.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge (Local) or (Nobility) if you wish to identify the man.
    PC's gain a surprise round.
    Initiative rolls:

    Enemy (1d20+4)[9]
    Issachar (1d20+4)[12]
    Verezza (1d20+4)[11]
    Madison [roll]1d20+2[roll]
    Halcyon/Tempest (1d20+2)[4]
    Zadavyr (1d20-2)[15]

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2018

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Verezza watches as Father Zantus instantly heals Issachar, the wound closing on its own. If anyone was watching her, they would clearly see how fascinated she is by the concept, but the screams nearby quickly take her out of that state. In an instant, she wields her spear properly and runs towards the sound, a split second after Iss calls to her.

    After a few seconds, the group reaches the source of the pleas in time to see a goblin kill the dog, blood staining the dirt. Verezza's temper immediately worsen as she notices the animal was simply doing its best to protect its master, now trying his best to hide from the enemies, and that amount of loyalty is something Verezza deeply appreciates. They had killed the noble animal, and now Verezza would rain revenge on their heads.

    With a warcry, the goliath rushes to the closest enemy with her shield raised, a battering ram of muscle and steel aiming for the small creature.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Charge as a standard, moving to M20 and hitting G2 with her shield.

    Hit: (1d20+6)[15]
    Crit: (1d20+6)[12]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[7] (+ (1d8+3)[8])
    Last edited by richmond; 2019-02-26 at 12:19 AM.

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Mar 2010

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Just after being able to catch her breathe and start calming down a little a scream sends her heartbeat skyrocketing back up. She runs to the scene, taking in the horrible murder of the dog, and the screaming man cowering behind some barrels. Madison c0cks her head, does he seem familiar? She moves closer to get a closer to better survey the battlefield, staying well behind the bulkier members of the group. A hand covers her mouth as she gets a better look at the remains of the dog and tears well up in the corner of her eyes.


    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

    Knowledge Local
    (1d20+5)[21]
    Knowledge Nobility
    (1d20+5)[24]
    If I can't do both, then just the first roll counts I guess

    My action depends on if I can inspire Verezza, and if I can, if Verezza's attack has killed G2, so I'm going to wait rather than write out 3 different sets of actions


    Spoiler: Action
    Show

    Move to Q22
    Last edited by BtanH; 2019-02-26 at 07:39 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Kvard51's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2016

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Issachar rounds the corner and spots the goblins gleefully hacking at the poor dog. The sight sends a rush of anger thoughout his body. He runs silently, closing the distance to the nearest goblin. He stops and slams his dagger into the unsuspecting creature, aiming for the kidney.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move to O17, Sneak attack G3 (1d20+4)[7] for (1d4+1)[3] piercing damage and (1d6)[4] SA damage.

    Crit? (1d20+4)[9] for (1d4+1)[2] piercing damage.
    “It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.”
    ― Kvothe, The Name of the Wind

    Map for RotRL

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •