The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 312
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2018

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    "I agree, it's too quiet" Verezza answers Madison, lowering her shield once again as no attacks come. The small hallway ahead of them could present a difficulty for the large party. Perhaps two small teams would work better if there were many doors to check.

    "I think we should move in with two groups. First check the doors, second checks the hallway," she says, pointing to the corresponding areas. "I'll stay in the back and open the doors with Halcyon and Madison. My shield works as cover before opening it so the girls are safe," she explains her thoughts, more to put Tempest at ease from being 'separated'. "Iss, you go ahead and check on the hallway turns. Tempest and new guy will be on your back, ready to provide support. Both groups stay close and we won't be caught by surprise. Does that sound good?"
    Last edited by richmond; 2019-06-08 at 05:10 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Kvard51's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2016

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Issachar nods and takes off down the hall, his senses tuned to seek anything out of the ordinary that might pose a danger to his companions.

    Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Trapfinding Perception: (1d20+8)[17]
    “It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.”
    ― Kvothe, The Name of the Wind

    Map for RotRL

  3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Magnus frowns, but does as instructed, axe ready and eyes open.

  4. - Top - End - #214
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Issachar does not detect any traps, so as the group opens the first room on the right, they find it filled with finished glassware, ready for sale or shipment. Rounding the bend in the hallway, there are two more doors on the left as well as a door straight at the end of said hallway.

  5. - Top - End - #215
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    As the group searches the southern half of the building, they see things like store rooms, rooms with various files, an office, glass preparation rooms, and a loading room. Oddly, the dining room and pantry are torn up, and a dogslicer (goblin weapon) is found near a broken barrel.

    Other than that, most of the southern half seems rather standard, until they reach the Servant's Quarters. There are various bloodstains on the beds and the room is in disarray. You know in the northern half awaits the Glassworking Room with the furnace, most likely there will be trouble awaiting you there.

  6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Kvard51's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2016

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Issachar grimaces upon seeing the goblin weapon. He remembered all too well what that had done to the poor dog at the festival during the goblin attacks. "We need to be careful from here. Something very bad has happened here. Shalelu is right about the threat the goblins present, unified. I only hope we are in time to save Ameiko. And maybe even her stupid brother..."

    He draws a second dagger and moves forward, a grim look on his face.
    “It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.”
    ― Kvothe, The Name of the Wind

    Map for RotRL

  7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    "Lots of small rooms back here. If they were smarter, they could have ambushed us every step." Magnus observes as they ready to enter the glassworking room.

  8. - Top - End - #218
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    As the group starts towards the northern half of the building, they hear the sound of breaking glass along with several voices and maniacal laughter. As you approach the Glassworking room, you notice trails of blood leading there.

  9. - Top - End - #219
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Upon entering the Glassworking room, a furnace burns along the southern wall of the room. A palpable heat permeates the air as it makes a loud rumbling. Marble tables sir in the chamber, used to work raw glass into workable shapes, with nearby wooden tables cluttered with tools of the trade.

    This is quickly overshadowed by the gruesome scene on display as you enter. You see firsthand what goblins tend to do when bored. The bodies of 8 murdered staff members lie in various stages of dismemberment. The goblins have been burning arms and legs with glee and pouring molten glass on the other remains, in an attempt to mimic the "masterpiece" in the middle alcove. Encased in thick, runny sheets of hardened glass, Lonjiku Kaijitsu lies, propped up on a chair. Tsuto stands amidst the chaos, trying to reign the goblins in from their antics, but to no avail. He notices when the PC's enter, however, unlike the goblins.

    Spoiler: Combat
    Show
    Against the Goblins, you get a surprise round, though Tsuto is alert to your presence.

    Initiative Rolls
    Issachar (1d20+4)[10]
    Verezza (1d20+4)[24]
    Madison (1d20+2)[8]
    Halcyon/Tempest (1d20+2)[12]
    Magnus (1d20+1)[6]

    Tsuto (1d20+7)[23]
    Goblins(1d20+6)[17]

  10. - Top - End - #220
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Mar 2010

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Madison freezes as the group enters the room the noises were coming from. Peering cautiously around Verezza's shoulder gave her more information than she'd ever wanted. She steps away from the group and empties her stomach onto the floor, whimpering slightly. A few words slip her lips as she prays to the gods she remains in one piece.

  11. - Top - End - #221
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2018

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Verezza grew more and more concerned as the group explored the place. The goblin weapons and the blood stains were definite signs trouble was ahead, so the warrior had been preparing herself for a fight, always walking cautiously with her shield at ready. She was not prepared for the scene as they opened the door to the glassworking room, however.

    She didn't feel particularly icky for the amount of blood, as she had seen plenty of it in her lifetime, nor the fate of Lonjiku displeased her. He was a hurtful man and he likely had it coming. But the fact those other people, working people, had been hurt and dishonored this badly didn't sit well with her. Specially as the man in the center of the room, the one apparently trying to guide those repulsive creatures, looked her way. He knew who he was, and may the gods help him if he had allowed the same thing to pass to his sister.

    With a primal battlecry, she immediately thrusts her spear at the nearest goblin, aiming straight at its heart. The goblin manages to duck for something at the right time, but she only wanted to show Tsuto her intentions as she draws her spear back and points it at him. A goliath promise with no words. He was gonna be next.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Verezza attacks G7.
    Hit: (1d20+5)[10] (don't forget they should be flat-footed)
    Damage: (1d8+3)[7]
    Last edited by richmond; 2019-06-17 at 04:14 AM.

  12. - Top - End - #222
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Seeing the trespassers mean business, Tsuto uses the terrain to his advantage. He takes a small step back and to the left to make sure he does not hit the table behind him and looses an arrow from his bow. He targets Madison, taking advantage of her sickened reaction.

    Spoiler: Attack
    Show
    5 ft step back and to his left
    Tsuto makes a ranged attack against Madison (1d20+5)[6]
    Crit? (x3) (1d20+5)[16]
    Damage (1d6+1)[5]
    If Crit add (2d6+2)[8]


    The shot flies wide, as he can't focus with all the noise coming from the furnace and the goblins.
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2019-06-17 at 08:11 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #223
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Prince George, BC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    The two sisters have been quiet for the most part as they explored the building, Tempest focused on her task and Halcyon seemingly concentrating on... something. But upon entering the furnace room and beholding the horrible scene before them, Halcyon stands aghast for a few seconds. When Verezza takes action, that seems to jar the dancer out of her reverie.

    "What have you done?!" she shouts, souls flaring to visibility about her as her long white hair seems to float about her. Instead of their normal appearance, the soul orbs take on the vague forms of furious faces. "TSUTO! Where is Ameiko?!"

    "Hal, hold it together!" shouts Tempest. In comparison to her sister, she's calm and focused, as if this is far from the most horrible thing she's seen. She steps into the fray, positioning herself near Verezza and brandishing her polearm with the wicked forked tip. She stabs it at the goblin lurking in the corner nearby.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

    Halcyon spends a move action to maintain Tempest's summon.

    Tempest moves to O13 and makes an attack at G6.
    Attack (1d20+6)[9] crit? (1d20+6)[24]
    Damage (2d4+3)[7]
    Last edited by Illogictree; 2019-06-17 at 10:00 PM.
    My DeviantArt page
    My Twitch channel! Watch me draw while I ramble about semi-related topics, every Saturday at 4:00 PM PST.
    Missed a stream? Watch it on my YouTube channel!

  14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Seeing the goblins, Magnus pushes forward, charging his axe with mystic power as he swings at the nearest goblin.
    Spoiler
    Show
    seems he doesn't have extended range yet, so explosive orb is less helpful.

    move to P15, energy blade w/ base blast type on G7 (no AOO due to melee blaster feat)

    att (1d20+6)[10]
    damage (1d8+4)[7] + (1d6)[2] bludgeoning

    starts sequence on hit

    If attacked, will use active defense for +2 AC (21 total). Only 1 AOO available to activate it

  15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Kvard51's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2016

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Issachar takes the opportunity presented by Verezza and Halcyon's show to slip around the equipment in the middle of the room and stick a dagger in the goblin fighting Large and Lovely.

    Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Attack G7 (1d20+6)[18] for (1d4+1)[3] Piercing Damage.

    Crit Confirm (1d20+6)[10] for (1d4+1)[3] Piercing Damage.
    “It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.”
    ― Kvothe, The Name of the Wind

    Map for RotRL

  16. - Top - End - #226
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Mar 2010

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Recovering slightly from her shock, Madison pulls herself together long enough for a few scraps of song to escape her lips. Golden notes float through to air to the goblin closest to her who becomes trapped in golden bonds. She tries to stand up straight, and staggers against the wall, using it to hold herself upright as she tries to get a better look at whats going on, while also averting her eyes from what has become of the bodies.

    Spoiler: Action
    Show

    Minor Charm Paralyze Goblin 6 - DC 20 Will or Dazed 1 Round

    Perform Sing - (1d20+13)[29]-2 sicken, DC 17

    5ft step down.
    Last edited by BtanH; 2019-06-20 at 12:05 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #227
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Issachar lands a dagger deep into the unsuspecting goblin, feeling the blade slip under the ribcage and into its heart.

    As Madison sings, one of the goblins begins to become entranced and listless. Though the other goblins appear more alert and definitely take notice of the party.

    Spoiler: G6 Will Save
    Show
    Will save (1d20-1)[3]

  18. - Top - End - #228
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2018

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Verezza curses as she sees Tsuto slipping towards the back. Seeing as Madison has one of the goblins charmed and Issachar has already dispatched another, she decides the group can probably handle this bunch of minions while she goes after the boss. She grins.

    With confident steps she strides forward, taking the opportunity presented by Madison's spell to slip past the two goblins nearby and positioning herself in the middle of the enemies, Tsuto barely out of her reach. She adjusts her footing and holds the base of her spear, ready to strike at the slightest chance.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Verezza moves to L12 (P13 -> O12 -> N12 -> M11 -> L12), drawing AoO from G5.
    She then uses her standard action to set a Patrol, threatening up to 15'.
    And as a swift action she spends a reserve point to get 7 THP.

    She will take all AoO she can. She has a total of 5.
    If the enemy is adjacent, she has to use her tower shield bash (+5, 1d8+4 bludgeoning). If not, her longspear (+5, 1d8+4 piercing).
    Using her shield bash reduces her AC by 4, so she prefers to use her spear if possible. And if Tsuto attacks her, she will use an AoO to apply Active Defense, increasing her AC by 2.
    Last edited by richmond; 2019-06-20 at 04:16 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #229
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Tsuto drops his bow and rushes Verezza with a flying kick, using his superior agility in an attempt to slip past her defenses.

    Spoiler: Tsuto's Attack
    Show
    Moves to flank Verezza
    Acrobatics to avoid AoO (1d20+9)[26]

    Spoiler: Possible AoO
    Show
    Verezza spear attack vs Tsuto (1d20+5)[15]
    Damage (1d8+4)[9]
    Crit x3? (1d20+5)[24] damage (2d8+8)[18]
    (AoO 1/5)


    Tsuto's attack (both charge and flank bonuses) (1d20+9)[22]
    Damage (1d6+1)[2] plus (1d6)[6] sneak attack damage
    Crit x2? (1d20+9)[20] damage (1d6+1)[3]
    Active Defense (AoO 2/5)


    The goblins assault the party, a few using dogslicer weapons while others use hot tongs and hurled glassware.

    Spoiler: Goblin attacks
    Show
    Several of the goblins rush past Verezza, right into her patrol radius.

    Spoiler: AoO
    Show
    Verezza spear attack vs G2 (1d20+5)[18]
    Damage (1d8+4)[12]
    Crit x3? (1d20+5)[20] damage (2d8+8)[14]
    (AoO 3/5)

    Verezza shield attack vs G4 (1d20+5)[7]
    Damage (1d8+4)[10]
    Crit x3? (1d20+5)[6] damage (2d8+8)[18]
    (AoO 4/5)


    G6 takes 5 ft step and attacks Tempest with dogslicer (1d20+2)[8] (+2 if G2 survives)
    Damage (1d4)[4]
    Crit 19-20/x2 (1d20+2)[9] damage (1d4)[3]

    (If alive) G2 charges and attacks Tempest with dogslicer (1d20+6)[13]
    Damage (1d4)[3]
    Crit 19-20/x2 (1d20+6)[22] damage (1d4)[2]


    (If alive) G4 moves and attacks Verezza with hot tongs (1d20+2)[5] (Flanking)
    Damage (1d4)[1] fire (Touch AC)
    Crit x2 (1d20)[6] damage (1d4)[3]

    G5 attacks Verezza with dogslicer (1d20+4)[18] (Flanking)
    Damage (1d4)[1]
    Crit 19-20/x2 (1d20+4)[6] damage (1d4)[2]

    G3 attacks Verezza with dogslicer (1d20+4)[21] (Flanking)
    Damage (1d4)[1]
    Crit 19-20/x2 (1d20+4)[10] damage (1d4)[2]

    G1 hurls glassware Verezza (1d20-5)[4] (Firing into melee)
    Damage (1d4)[4]
    Crit x2 (1d20-5)[1] damage (1d4)[1]

    G8 throws glassware at Verezza (1d20-5)[-3] (Firing into melee)
    Damage (1d4)[3]
    Crit 19-20/x2 (1d20-5)[0] damage (1d4)[4]
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2019-06-20 at 07:42 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Magnus steps over the dead goblin, frowning at his failure to strike true. He looks at the remaining goblins hurling glassware and tools; conjuring a ball of crystal, he launches it toward them.
    Spoiler
    Show
    explosive orb 1 SP, crystal blast, CL1, centered on grid intersection I-J/13-14, 10 ft radius, hits G1, G8, G4 and TK, just misses Verraza

    damage (1d4)[2] piercing, reflex save DC 12 half
    Reflex 12 or be entangled and unable to move, area is difficult terrain
    If any creature takes damage, initiates sequence

    Spoiler: Crystal Blast
    Show
    Your destructive blast becomes an explosion of crystal, growing where it strikes. A crystal blast uses d4’s instead of d6’s as its damage die and deals piercing damage. The target of your crystal blast must pass a Reflex save or be entangled and unable to move. In addition, the target’s square (or the blast’s affected area) becomes overgrown with crystal and counts as difficult terrain. Breaking free of the entangled condition is a move action, requiring either a Strength check or an Escape Artist check against the crystal blast’s save DC. A target may also destroy the crystal on a square or creature by dealing 3 damage per caster level to the crystal. This removes the entangled condition from the creature and destroys the difficult terrain. Crystal disappears after 1 minute.


    Move to N14. Will spend AOO on active defense if attacked, +2 AC

  21. - Top - End - #231
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    The crystal orb Magnus forms explodes into a rain of shrapnel.

    Spoiler: Saves
    Show
    Goblins save (1d20+2)[15]
    Tsuto save (1d20+9)[14]


    Unfortunately, the magic is underwhelming, as the enemies dodge it quite readily. While a few of the goblins have minor cuts, Tsuto remains unscathed.
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2019-06-21 at 08:35 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #232
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Prince George, BC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Tempest gives a "tsk" as the goblins swing and miss her. She nods approvingly at Magnus' quick dispatch of the goblin, and turns to the one getting up in her face. Shortening her grip on the haft of her guisarme, she stabs at the writhing little beast at close range.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

    Using Polearm Mastery to attack G6 at -2.
    Attack: (1d20+4)[7] crit? (1d20+4)[10] damage (2d4+3)[7]


    The angry spirits whirling about Halcyon tear across the room with an eerie howl that somehow cuts above the sound of the furnaces. They stop, hovering above Tsuto where he's fighting with Verezza, seemingly waiting for the next move.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

    Standard action to maintain Tempest's summon.
    Move action to move all 7 souls to Tsuto's space.
    My DeviantArt page
    My Twitch channel! Watch me draw while I ramble about semi-related topics, every Saturday at 4:00 PM PST.
    Missed a stream? Watch it on my YouTube channel!

  23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Kvard51's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2016

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    As the goblins move to surround Verezza, Issachar runs to her aid. He slides to a stop behind the beast Tempest had just swung at, barely missing her slice himself. As he comes to a stop, he attempts to ram his dagger home ina filthy goblin spine.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Charge G5:(1d20+8)[27] for (1d4+1)[4] Piercing Damage + (1d6)[4] Sneak Attack damage

    Crit? (1d20+8)[12] for (1d4+1)[2] Piercing Damage + (1d6)[6] Sneak Attack damage
    “It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.”
    ― Kvothe, The Name of the Wind

    Map for RotRL

  24. - Top - End - #234
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Mar 2010

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Madison steps forward, using the tables for support, and another string of beautiful sounds leave her lips. This time, they float towards Tsuto, attempting to lock him in place.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Move to Q12 (i think it's 30ft from Tsuto which is my max range)

    Perform for cast
    (1d20+13)[20] -2
    1 SP to paralyze, DC 19 Will or stunned for 2 rounds
    The target is allowed a new Will save each round to end this effect early. This is a full-round action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity.

    If perform check fails by 2, Inspiration on self for +2, otherwise inspiration on self for 2d4
    Perform for any inspiration (1d20+13)[25] -2

    If someone attacks Tsuto and rolls something that looks like a near miss (I'm going to leave this to GM discretion, but if their swing looks good but slightly off) Madison will use inspiration on their attack.

  25. - Top - End - #235
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    While Tempest fails to land true, Issachar takes down another goblin.

    As Madison continues to sing, she focuses on Tsuto in an effort to disable him.

    Spoiler: Tsuto's save
    Show
    Will save (1d20+7)[20]
    Elves/half-elves get +2 to saves vs Enchantment effects, so I have applied this vs the Mind sphere instead


    Unlike the others Madison has targeted in the past, Tsuto shakes off the spell.
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2019-06-25 at 11:34 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #236
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2018

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Verezza sees the enemies moving and reacts. Tsuto is far too quick, his unpredictable move catching the goliath by surprise. She raises her shield in time, however, taking the brunt of his assault before she focuses on the goblins instead. Two quick thrusts in sequence, immediately downing one of the enemies as her spear pierces its abdomen.

    Her companions also act, with both Tempest and Issachar engaging in melee. The warrior is unable to hit true, but Issachar's swift moves down the goblin on Verezza's back. She grins and winks to the rogue as Magnus surprisingly throws some kind of magic sphere that explodes amidst the ones in the back, shrapnel flying wide. The goblins seem to dodge most of it though, hurling glass at her and, as she raises her shield to block the projectiles, another manages to burn her with one of the crafting tools, still hot from the furnaces. Halcyon cast her ghosts ahead while Madison sings an eerie tune, but both magic, whatever they should do, seem to not take hold on Tsuto.

    Taking the momentary chance given by Madison's spell, Verezza takes a step back, pulling her spear to get momentum before thrusting it in Tsuto's direction. She immediately recenters herself, once more ready to intercept the attacks of her enemies.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Verezza takes a 5' step (L12 -> M12) [free action]
    Verezza spends her martial focus to activate her Patrol [move action]
    Verezza attacks Tsuto [standard action]
    Spoiler: Attack
    Show

    Attack Tsuto: (1d20+5)[13] vs. AC for (1d8+3)[9] piercing damage
    Crit?: (1d20+5)[6] vs. AC for (2d8+6)[17] extra piercing damage.

    Verezza will use her AoO to defend herself with Active Defense if their attacks hit by 1 or less, then to attack enemies if they provoke, but only with her spear (+5, 1d8+4).
    She has 5 AoO.
    Last edited by richmond; 2019-06-26 at 12:19 AM.

  27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Frustrated by the minimal impact of his spell, Magnus steps up and swings at the nearest goblin, magically charged axe sweeping toward its torso.
    Spoiler
    Show
    energy blade, base blast, 5' step to M14, attack G4

    att (1d20+6)[26]
    damage (1d8+4)[10] + (1d6)[2] bludgeoning


    1 AOO for active defense +2 AC if needed

    Hopefully will be back on Discord by tomorrow

  28. - Top - End - #238
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    The goblins close ranks on Verezza to contain her as Tsuto continues his assault.

    Spoiler: Goblin Attacks
    Show
    G6 takes a 5 ft step towards Verezza, but attacks Issachar.
    Attack (1d20+2)[10]
    Crit x2? (1d20+2)[14]
    Damage (1d4)[4]
    If Crit, add (1d4)[3]

    G3 takes a 5 ft step to flank Verezza
    Attack (1d20+4)[23]
    Crit x2? (1d20+4)[16]
    Damage (1d4)[1]
    If Crit, add (1d4)[1]

    G4 uses his hot tongs on Verezza again
    Attack (1d20-1)[2] (vs Touch AC)(High Ground, which I forgot last time)
    Crit x2? (1d20-1)[13] (vs Touch AC)
    Damage (1d4)[2] fire damage
    If Crit, add (1d4)[2] fire damage

    Meanwhile G1 and G8 continue throwing glass objects at Verezza
    G1 Attack (1d20-1)[14]
    Crit x2? (1d20-1)[17]
    Damage (1d3)[1]
    If Crit, add (1d3)[1]

    G8 Attack (1d20-1)[10]
    Crit x2? (1d20-1)[5]
    Damage (1d3)[2]
    If Crit, add (1d3)[2]


    Tsuto advances and throws a left-right combo with his fists.


    Spoiler: Tsuto
    Show
    Takes a 5 ft step towards Verezza to flank
    Attacks (1d20+6)[16] and (1d20+6)[20]
    Crit x2? (1d20+6)[9] and (1d20+6)[18]
    Damage #1 (1d6+1)[4] bludgeoning and (1d6)[1] precision damage. If Crit, add (1d6+1)[7] bludgeoning
    Damage #2 (1d6+1)[2] bludgeoning and (1d6)[5] precision damage. If Crit, add (1d6+1)[5] bludgeoning

  29. - Top - End - #239
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Magnus obliterates the goblin carrying the hot tongs with his blade surrounded by elemental energy.

  30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Kvard51's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2016

    Default Re: [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

    Issachar drops to one knee and ducks the attack of the previously dazed goblin. As he stands back up, he takes a step to the side and places the brute between himself and Verezza. He drives his dagger towards the creature's unprotected kidney, hoping to take it out before it joins the others in attacking Large and Lovely.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    5' step to flank G6. Attack w/ Flanking (1d20+8)[28] for (1d4+1)[4] Piercing damage + (1d6)[2] SA damage.

    Crit? (1d20+8)[19] for (1d4+1)[4] Piercing damage.
    “It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.”
    ― Kvothe, The Name of the Wind

    Map for RotRL

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •