New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: D&D 5e Base Class Contest VI Chat Thread

Just a couple days left to vote and only Void and me have done so.
    Currently operating the 5e Subclass Contest and the 5e Base Class Contest. Check them out if even just to vote or give feedback, we love that in there.

Spoiler
    Show

My DMsGuild content. Most of it was written with feedback from right here on the forums.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by MoleMage View Post
    Just a couple days left to vote and only Void and me have done so.
    That does appear to be the case. A quaint little competition such as this isn't always a bad thing. Some themes are just more attractive than others, and it seems like people didn't find this one all that interesting. Perhaps the next competition will engage others a bit more.

I must unfortunately inform you all that I will not be hosting the class competitions in the future. Time quickly caught up to me, and I no longer have the time to dedicate to these what I used to. If you all want future competitions, someone else is going to need to be holding them. If anybody wishes to know anything about the competitions or receive any resources from me, I will be glad to provide them. Any new people want to volunteer as referee to replace me?
    Last edited by Requilac; 2019-05-02 at 05:20 PM.
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

My D&D 5e Homebrew Content

The Necronomicon. An >30 Page Cthulhu Mythos Supplement

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

Check here for my extended homebrew signature!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I did my duty as a good citizen of Giantitp-land and voted. I am always amazed by the amount of time and work people put into their homebrew classes. Good job!

For any future contests, adding a link to the submissions in the voting thread might help lazier people to get their votes in. I'm not sure if it helps, but it could be worth a try?
    Last edited by Fnissalot; 2019-05-03 at 03:23 AM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

The result of this specific contest was actually quite a surprise, with a three way tie forming over The Elemental Scion, Lycanthrope, and Golem , each of which earned five points. If we are to contemplate how to award a winner though, then it should be stated that the Elemental Scion reached that amount of points before the other two. But since that was not explicitly stated as what would break the tie, I will not officially say that any of the three won 1st place before the others. Thank you all for participating!

The theme for the next competition which earned the most votes was Remix Mastery: creating alternate versions of the current classes with new features and themes. I have decided to surrender my role as competition host though and shall be making no more, so someone else must take on the mantle of that position. If you all want a next contest, someone else should probably step up and create it, because I am afraid that I cannot. Goodbye everybody, and I wish you all the best in your future projects!
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

I could easily be completely mistaken about this, but it seems like most people don't include the rules for multi-classing into/out of their classes. It might not have made much sense for this most recent contest, but I thought I would point it out. Might be a way to "go the extra mile".

Yes, this is my first post in this thread and I have never even considered entering any of these contests.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd be willing to host the next contest if there are no other volunteers. I'm sorry to see you step back, Requilac, I enjoyed your brews in previous contests, but sometimes the time isn't there.
    Currently operating the 5e Subclass Contest and the 5e Base Class Contest. Check them out if even just to vote or give feedback, we love that in there.

Spoiler
    Show

My DMsGuild content. Most of it was written with feedback from right here on the forums.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by MoleMage View Post
    I'd be willing to host the next contest if there are no other volunteers. I'm sorry to see you step back, Requilac, I enjoyed your brews in previous contests, but sometimes the time isn't there.
    I very much enjoyed creating entries for the competitions as well, it I just that they took a great deal of time to make. More time than I had to give, unfortunately. I didn’t necessarily want to do this, but I can’t really afford to overextend myself. I wish you the best of luck in your future hosting, and I hope that you can dedicate more time and effort into the contests than I can.
    -

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks again to Requilac for getting us started on this journey of homebrew. If you ever find yourself with an open schedule again, the contest is yours.

In the meanwhile, the next iteration is up and ready for submissions.

Chat Thread
    Contest VII: Remix Mastery

Spoiler
    Show