New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Issues with mobile theme

To begin with, I suspect these are all known limitations of the forum software that are simply not worth fixing, but I ask nonetheless.

1: When I edit a post from mobile, it removes my signature from the post. The "Edit post" page does not have a "Display signature" checkbox. Is there a workaround other than going to the desktop theme every time?

2: Users' custom avatars do not display in the mobile theme; instead it displays a Stick Figure avatar. I'm guessing this is intentional for the sake of those with limited data plans. Is there a way for me to change this behavior?

3: How can I tell if there is a new post in one of my subscribed threads? I don't see any notification in the mobile control panel.
    This signature was written by me, Aveline, to indicate that this message was written by me, Aveline.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Issues with mobile theme

Quote Originally Posted by SusanDBlythe View Post
    You can change the firmware of the phone or write to technical support
    These issues regard the server's generated HTML, not my user agent.
    This signature was written by me, Aveline, to indicate that this message was written by me, Aveline.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    To begin with, I suspect these are all known limitations of the forum software that are simply not worth fixing, but I ask nonetheless.

1: When I edit a post from mobile, it removes my signature from the post. The "Edit post" page does not have a "Display signature" checkbox. Is there a workaround other than going to the desktop theme every time?

2: Users' custom avatars do not display in the mobile theme; instead it displays a Stick Figure avatar. I'm guessing this is intentional for the sake of those with limited data plans. Is there a way for me to change this behavior?

3: How can I tell if there is a new post in one of my subscribed threads? I don't see any notification in the mobile control panel.
    As far as I know, these are all known limitations of the mobile theme; you can search for them individually in this subforum for more details, but the general answer, IIRC, is "that doesn't wok in mobile view, switch to main", I'm afraid.

Yours,

Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

4. - Top - End - #4
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

The mobile theme is very limited, but has its uses. If your usage requirements falls on the wrong side of these limitations, you will need to switch to the full site, I'm afraid. The full site can be accessed on mobile by tapping "Full Site". To get back, look for the drop down menu at the bottom of the page which says "Playground Sand" and change it to "Playground Sand Mobile".

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak