The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: What Are You Playing Right Now, Part 2: Daggerfall

The DLCs of New Vegas are mostly self-contained stories that each focus on a different piece of whispered-at in-game lore. One's about "the burned man", for example. Together they can be taken as a story arc where you track down a figure about the courier's past. I actually think they're best saved for a second playthrough if you want to do one.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

Ask blogs: Screwball and Derpy | Gummy

2. - Top - End - #542
    Firbolg in the Playground

@Balmas: Ivanpah is one of the harder AWOP ones, and expects you to be using AWOP guns. It's doable without, but boy is it time consuming.

@Anonymouswizard: If you pick up none of the others, Old World Blues is a fantastic campy B-movie experience. Don't take it too seriously, because it definitely isn't going to.
    I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2

3. - Top - End - #543
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    @Anonymouswizard: If you pick up none of the others, Old World Blues is a fantastic campy B-movie experience. Don't take it too seriously, because it definitely isn't going to.
    On the other hand, if there is one DLC you should NOT get, its Dead Money. Its not BAD per se, but its not the usual open-world do-it-how-you-want gameplay. Its much more of a puzzle solver and survivalist thing where your basically trapped into a bad situation because of a flimsy knockout reason with only one way out and all of your usual equipment taken away from you while facing annoying enemies that you have to use specific methods to kill, and whether you find the ending good depends on what kind of player you are.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew
    A Kalos based pokemon fan fic. Now up to Chapter 24!

4. - Top - End - #544

I dropped into Subnautica: Below Zero last night. After beating the original Subnautica earlier this year, I was looking forward to jumping into a new world full of exploration. It's been interesting.

Subnautica is one off those games that almost has you enter a trance state when playing it. It's serene, relaxing, enjoyable, where you sink into a repetitive loop of bashing rocks to find materials to make upgrades to let you go deeper. Then you see something out of the corner of your eye, and "serene and relaxing" get replaced with gut-wrenching terror.

Spoiler
    Show
    That's the first thing I've noticed about Below Zero, though, is the lack of leviathans. In the original game, you had to head to the Aurora for crucial components, and then scavenge the seafloor around it for scrap. That meant dodging in, out, and around the reaper leviathans that patrolled the area around the Aurora, aware that if you heard them roar it was already too late. In Below Zero, though, I've only spotted two; in my haste to swim away unnoticed, I completely failed to spot that they were the friendly kind of leviathan until I went back for a supply drop.

The lack of leviathans has had a two-fold effect. It means that I feel much more secure taking out the seatruck for expeditions. However, it's also made me much less likely to take the seatruck anywhere new, because I refuse to believe that the devs have been so kind as to just leave leviathans out of the game and I'm constantly aware that the seatruck required me to scrounge enough resources for five advance wiring kits.

Five advance wiring kits! For each one, you need a wiring kid, a computer chip, and two gold ore. So, that means you'll need two silver per wiring kit, two copper and one gold per chip, and another two gold. All told, then, that means you're needing ten each of copper and silver, and another 15 gold. That's a lot of resource gathering to do, especially when the game is insistent on withholding the habitat builder tool until you're about three hours into the game.

Now the game's asking me to explore a new area. I'm excited because, to quote Tulion: on the one hand, loot. On the other hand, instant, agonizing failure. And another scrounging trip for five advance wiring kits if the Seatruck gets destroyed.

Wish me luck.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

5. - Top - End - #545
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    The DLCs of New Vegas are mostly self-contained stories that each focus on a different piece of whispered-at in-game lore. One's about "the burned man", for example. Together they can be taken as a story arc where you track down a figure about the courier's past. I actually think they're best saved for a second playthrough if you want to do one.
    The biggest problem with the DLC is that it's intended for higher-level characters, but you can easily wander into it as soon as you leave Goodsprings. If you enter at too low a level, you're going to have a difficult time - and, should you push through and complete whatever DLC you're thinking of (my specific experience was the one with Big MT) you'll hit so many levels (plus the special perks) in the process that you're going to be hugely overpowered for the early-game areas.

6. - Top - End - #546

I remember the Cyclops being a pain to build. I was so tempted to build two just in case, then realized I had almost all my stuff in the first one, so if it's destroyed, it's reload time.

Honestly I was so disappointed that the seamoth was so limited in it's use. Hopefully the seatruck is more useful.

Also I actually liked all the DLC, though Dead Money was definitely the least favorite. It still has it's moments.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Titan in the Playground

Also I actually liked all the DLC, though Dead Money was definitely the least favorite. It still has it's moments.
    Yeah I'm not saying that its bad. its worth going through at least once. it tells a good story. it has good challenges. its doing something different, lots of good things.

I just probably wouldn't do it twice, simply because its this big trap dlc that once you start you can't stop until you finished with little to no room for variation in how you go about playing through that particular DLC. I can see myself replaying the entire rest of the game, but not Dead Money, because good moments aside, I do NOT want to go back there.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew
    A Kalos based pokemon fan fic. Now up to Chapter 24!

8. - Top - End - #548
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I remember the Cyclops being a pain to build. I was so tempted to build two just in case, then realized I had almost all my stuff in the first one, so if it's destroyed, it's reload time.

Honestly I was so disappointed that the seamoth was so limited in it's use. Hopefully the seatruck is more useful.

The seamoth, limited? Sure, it can't go terribly deep, but it's incredibly maneuverable and lets you explore deeper than you can without a vehicle.
    ithilanor on Steam.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I honestly never used the Cyclops and only built it because you need to to complete the story, at which point it just sat there. I used the Prawn for probably about 20 mins, the rest was in my beautiful moth.

Edit: Infact I actually had two they where that useful
    Last edited by Spacewolf; 2019-07-29 at 06:08 PM.

10. - Top - End - #550

... Not sure I see what you mean about the Seamoth being limited. Once you get the final depth upgrade, it's able to traverse basically everything but the last two areas, and do so quickly and efficiently. I think that by the end of the game I'd probably spent more time in my Seamoth than I did in the water.

Unfortunately, the Seatruck feels... lacking. It's like the bastard red-headed stepchild of the Cyclops and the Seamoth, with little of the Seamoth's zip and almost none of the Cyclops' durability and mobile-base factors.

So, here's how it works. When you first craft the Seatruck, you get a cabin about the same dimensions as the Seamoth. However, where the Seamoth moves at a whopping 13 meters per second, the Seatruck plods along at 9.2 meters per second. That doesn't seem like a big difference, but consider that the Cyclops' Ahead Standard maxes out at 9 meters per second. The cabin on its own is about as maneuverable as the Seamoth, but that slowness just kills it.

However, the Seatruck also has different modules it can haul behind it, like cars behind a train. Each module past the first decreases the speed of the Seatruck and increases its length, making it less maneuverable. If you were to try to travel with a full load of cabin-plus-four-cars, you'd wind up with a vehicle that's longer than the cyclops, is more fragile, and is somehow slower than getting out and swimming along with a Seaglide.

It just... I dunno. It has some neat features, but it just feels like they tried to make a vehicle that could be both Cyclops and Seamoth, and wound up with something that has the weaknesses of both and the strengths of neither. The best thing I can say about it is that it has a module which lets you carry around your Prawn suit, but that just means it's a very slightly more maneuverable Cyclops.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    I honestly never used the Cyclops and only built it because you need to to complete the story, at which point it just sat there. I used the Prawn for probably about 20 mins, the rest was in my beautiful moth.

Edit: Infact I actually had two they where that useful
    I mainly built my Cyclops as delivery system for my Prawn Suit, the "Rodeo Clown." It was a mobile base for long mining trips away from the bases, with battery chargers, an aquarium, a bed, enough storage space to finally carry all my emotional baggage... The only thing it was really missing was a water purifier, and my suit distilled enough water that this wasn't really a hindrance.
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

11. - Top - End - #551

For me it was the lack of storage space and options. I can go mine big rocks with the prawn suit, or dual grapple my way around at tremendous speed. (Too fast actually.) Or go down in the deep areas more maneuverably.

My Cyclops was basically my base station. Lots of storage, and the thermal recharge module, but mostly I'd park it near the entrance to the lower areas then venture in with the Prawn Suit.

Sea truck sounds kind of awful.

12. - Top - End - #552

Sea truck sounds kind of awful.
    It really is. If the Seamoth is a sports car and the Cyclops is an 18-wheeler semi, then the Seatruck is a minivan with a chain of U-haul trailers in the back. Yeah, you can disconnect the trailers to get into tight spaces, but you're still driving a minivan.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Titan in the Playground

I feel it is unfair to compare original Subnautica to Below zero. Below Zero is still well into development, subnautica has been released now. In fact, when subnautica was first released for early access, there were no leviathan anywhere for months (course the aurora was unexplorable as well, but still). Trying to compare the state of the 2 games is like comparing an apple to an apple bud flower waiting to be pollinated. There were a number of things in the early access that got changed dropped eventually. For example, there was a handheld terraformer device that let you dig out your own caves and such on the seabed, before getting cut. Everything is subjected to change, including the original recipe of the seatruck. They may realize 5 advance wiring kits was too much and lower the recipe in time.

Give the developers a chance. Making a good game takes time, effort, data, and lots of feedback.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

14. - Top - End - #554

Yeah, I figured that. Definitely needs some refinement.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Titan in the Playground

So, I've taken a little time out of playing Fire Emblem: Three Houses (which is great btw) to dip back into Super Smash Brothers Ultimate, because Nintendo just yesterday decided to suddenly drop its third DLC character, The Hero(es) from Dragon Quest, along with his/their stage, the Altar of Yggdrasil. And I like the character, but oh boy is there one glaring flaw. His down special.

When he was revealed everyone speculated about how his menu-based special move would work, whether each hero would get a different menu, or whether every special move would have a menu, or whatnot. Turns out, nope, they all get the same one, and it's just one move... with something like fifteen to twenty different spells it could pull up, only four of which is actually does each time you activate it, and which ones you get are of course random. In a fast-paced game, that's really bad. Even playing against computers I do not feel like I've got the time to pull that up, see what my options are, and pick one before any window of opportunity I may have had to use it has passed. The projectile ones like the sizz, bang, and thwack lines of spells I can sometimes get against a computer because they're dumb enough to just run straight at me from across a stage, but forget about the melee ones like kackrackle slash, flame slash, or hatchet man, unless your opponent is a complete idiot. And Zoom is in there, but you are absolutely never going to try to use it - it's a recovery spell, but if you pull up this menu offstage and don't randomly get it as one of your four spells, you're just going to die. The buff spells (psyche up, oomph, acceleratle, and bounce) are about the only ones I can see being usable in a real fight with another human, and only after you've knocked them away to give yourself some breathing room.

I don't know, maybe some pro out there who can do this so much faster than me will prove me wrong, but it feels like a pretty wasted move, which is damn shame considering it's his most interesting one and the entire reason that he has more move options than anyone else in the game.

Have to say though, much like with pretty much everything else in the game, like what they did with his spirits and classic mode. Tiny blue Kirbies standing in for slimes, a match with the DQ 8 hero and a small Pikachu standing in for Munchie, all of the Luminary's companions appropriately represented in their spirit's fight, and a final boss fight in classic with a Robin followed by a Giant Charizard to represent the final fight of the very first Dragon Quest with the Dracolord's human and dragon forms, all very nicely done. And good to see Square-Enix being a lot less stingy with Dragon Quest content than they were with Final Fantasy content, too.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2019-07-31 at 10:45 AM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

"We each decide our own sense of right and wrong. The rest, I leave to my sword." - Yuri Lowell, Tales of Vesperia

16. - Top - End - #556
    Ettin in the Playground

So my 3rd game of Civ 6 down (55 hours playtime for 3 games), I would say that the core mechanics are fun, but winning is pretty anti-climactic. I'm going to attribute some of that to being poor AI and some to just poor information relaying by the game. Domination and religious victories are easy to see and active, but cultural, science, and score are really only noticed if you actively go looking for the information. I'm sure there is a pop-up when someone launches a space race project, and probably any cultural related things, but there are so many of those pop-ups and they flash by so quickly that it is really easy to miss them. You can of course go back and check, but when a game already takes 15-20 hours the last thing I need is to sink more hours into following all of that. And while things like the space race have a few big things, culture is death by a thousand cuts.

I was playing on Prince difficulty; so medium, maybe slightly over medium, and there really wasn't any challenge after a point. I was going to try for religious victory, but it seems like unless you do a really early game rush that is going to be almost impossible. There were 3 main religions and we quickly got into a pretty stalemated position and units got way too expensive to win over cities (I think religious fighting and destroying units is needed, but it almost never happened). With inquisitors fast and easy ways to take over cities, that is how I decided to spread my religion. Of course the problem with that is that if a civilization only has 1 city left it has to follow my religion or it doesn't count, it was pretty much easier to conquer a civilization by force than by religion. That was also the easiest way to push back on the civ that tried a cultural victory, she already didn't like me so I just conquered her. In the end I just conquered every civilization except for one, she was friendly and small enough and without a founding religion, that I let her live and converted all of her cities while taking out the last religious competitor with force. Given the way the "half the cities" thing worked though, I also had to hunt down and take over 3 little cities hidden on the very edge of the map to get those not counted against me and overall I probably could have won by domination 15-20 rounds faster (as it is I won on about round 455/500). It was pretty unsatisfying though because pretty much every city could be leveled by bombers then taken out with one or two other units and I don't think I ever really had to actually fight for anything. I'm not sure I even lost a dozen units throughout the entire game.

17. - Top - End - #557

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    So, I've taken a little time out of playing Fire Emblem: Three Houses (which is great btw) to dip back into Super Smash Brothers Ultimate, because Nintendo just yesterday decided to suddenly drop its third DLC character, The Hero(es) from Dragon Quest, along with his/their stage, the Altar of Yggdrasil. And I like the character, but oh boy is there one glaring flaw. His down special.

When he was revealed everyone speculated about how his menu-based special move would work, whether each hero would get a different menu, or whether every special move would have a menu, or whatnot. Turns out, nope, they all get the same one, and it's just one move... with something like fifteen to twenty different spells it could pull up, only four of which is actually does each time you activate it, and which ones you get are of course random. In a fast-paced game, that's really bad. Even playing against computers I do not feel like I've got the time to pull that up, see what my options are, and pick one before any window of opportunity I may have had to use it has passed. The projectile ones like the sizz, bang, and thwack lines of spells I can sometimes get against a computer because they're dumb enough to just run straight at me from across a stage, but forget about the melee ones like kackrackle slash, flame slash, or hatchet man, unless your opponent is a complete idiot. And Zoom is in there, but you are absolutely never going to try to use it - it's a recovery spell, but if you pull up this menu offstage and don't randomly get it as one of your four spells, you're just going to die. The buff spells (psyche up, oomph, acceleratle, and bounce) are about the only ones I can see being usable in a real fight with another human, and only after you've knocked them away to give yourself some breathing room.

I don't know, maybe some pro out there who can do this so much faster than me will prove me wrong, but it feels like a pretty wasted move, which is damn shame considering it's his most interesting one and the entire reason that he has more move options than anyone else in the game.

Have to say though, much like with pretty much everything else in the game, like what they did with his spirits and classic mode. Tiny blue Kirbies standing in for slimes, a match with the DQ 8 hero and a small Pikachu standing in for Munchie, all of the Luminary's companions appropriately represented in their spirit's fight, and a final boss fight in classic with a Robin followed by a Giant Charizard to represent the final fight of the very first Dragon Quest with the Dracolord's human and dragon forms, all very nicely done. And good to see Square-Enix being a lot less stingy with Dragon Quest content than they were with Final Fantasy content, too.
    Pretty much agree on all points here. The down special was, in the run up to release post-video showing him off, proclaimed as "broken". I agree with that assessment but for the very opposite reason. Letting you pick it and move would make it potent. Forcing you to select and not be able to move makes all the attacks pretty much useless unless you're lucky and even then....takes some real work to work. The boost ones are great, you can do those outside of combat nd rush back in. Woosh is just useless, I have no idea what it's on there for.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    Pretty much agree on all points here. The down special was, in the run up to release post-video showing him off, proclaimed as "broken". I agree with that assessment but for the very opposite reason. Letting you pick it and move would make it potent. Forcing you to select and not be able to move makes all the attacks pretty much useless unless you're lucky and even then....takes some real work to work. The boost ones are great, you can do those outside of combat nd rush back in. Woosh is just useless, I have no idea what it's on there for.
    Yeah, the concern was about the amount of RNG involved, which is valid from a competitive perspective - if the move were more functional, the random instant-death chance on Whack and Thwack could be a concern in a competitive setting. But it's not really functional, aside from the buffs. (And I assume you mean Zoom on that last. Woosh is the up special, and it's pretty good.)
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

"We each decide our own sense of right and wrong. The rest, I leave to my sword." - Yuri Lowell, Tales of Vesperia

19. - Top - End - #559
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    I was playing on Prince difficulty;
    This could be the problem. I'd suggest King or Emperor for more "medium-easy" and "medium-hard" playthroughs respectively.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, Apostle rushing early on is good to have an advantage in religion victories, but if other civs also start pushing religion then faith combat is needed.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cespenar View Post
    This could be the problem. I'd suggest King or Emperor for more "medium-easy" and "medium-hard" playthroughs respectively.
    It was the default medium difficulty, though that does appear to be a bit easy. I hadn't pushed up more because this was my third game and there were a few things I still hadn't even tried yet (heavy combat and religion). Looked at the difficulties a bit more online and it seems they just artificially give the AI a lot more resources in the higher difficulty, but what I really want is enemies on a mostly even footing but that plays better. One that doesn't have cities with nothing but farms, and builds units to defend itself. It seems like only the aggressive AIs ever had more than a token military.

I suppose finding other actual players to play against would be good too, but the game is so slow and my hours are odd, I couldn't see finding one other player to finish a game with, let alone more (and if it's 2 players and 6 AI, still want the AI to be decent).

I suppose I'll have to look at some mods, see what I can find.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    but what I really want is enemies on a mostly even footing but that plays better. One that doesn't have cities with nothing but farms, and builds units to defend itself. It seems like only the aggressive AIs ever had more than a token military.
    find.
    Civilization has never had this and probably never will; its difficulty settings have always been 'give the AI artificial production/resource/research speed advantages to try to make up for its inability to actually be good at the game.' It was kind of ok at fighting back when it could use those advantages to just chunk out enormous stacks of units and throw them at you (still not good, but at least it could participate in the dominant means of fighting.) It just doesn't really have any decent idea how to fight with limited units per tile - I think it kind of goes 'Well, I have enough units to block access to my cities, that's enough defense.'

23. - Top - End - #563
    Ogre in the Playground

DQ hero's down special is couch casual hilarity.

just throw the first selection out there and enjoy RNGeesus taking the wheel. I mean, the buffs are great out of combat competitive options but having random snoozes, thwacks, kamikazees and whatnot chucked makes for dumb moments when goofing with friends.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Titan in the Playground

Since Age of Wonders: Planetfall isn't out until Tuesday, I'm back to scratching my turn based warfare itch with Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War; Praise the Emperor but WH40K games need a different naming convention... this is ridiculous.

Today we're rocking Imperial Guard, or as the fancy kids say the Astra Militarum. The fun thing about the Guard is that guardsmen are dirt cheap, so you can usually use them as an ablative meat shield around your units that actually matter. Even if a squad gets totally killed, it really doesn't matter all that much, because replacing it is about as expensive as paying upkeep while it heals back up. The tricky bit about the Guard is that you don't get tanks until like tech level seven, which means that there's lots of time for factions with infantry not made out of tissue paper to ruin your day. Or at least the days of the Guardsmen whose faces you are using to shelter your delicate Heavy Weapons Squads, aka the only thing you can build that hits harder than a dry fart.

Fortunately I've only encountered orks so far, and was able to invest and destroy a secondary city they'd built. Hopefully that will slow them down long enough for me to get my economy built up and a second city out. My first ended up in the middle of a truly miserable but quite safe desert, which has led both to food problems, and a certain level of unhappiness among the men. Apparently they object to starving to death in a scorching hot and barren wasteland, while five hexes away there are lush forests, full of shade and water and food that isn't scorpion cooked with a lasgun.
    Blood-red were his spurs i' the golden noon; wine-red was his velvet coat,
    When they shot him down on the highway,
    Down like a dog on the highway,
    And he lay in his blood on the highway, with the bunch of lace at his throat.

Alfred Noyes, The Highwayman, 1906.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Titan in the Playground

I finally got the two DLCs for Dark Souls 3. And I am not enjoying either of them. They just aren't fun.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Beneath the Leaves of Kaendor

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    It really is. If the Seamoth is a sports car and the Cyclops is an 18-wheeler semi, then the Seatruck is a minivan with a chain of U-haul trailers in the back. Yeah, you can disconnect the trailers to get into tight spaces, but you're still driving a minivan.
    I absolutely loved the original Subnautica. It's possibly my favorite game of all time. Below Zero on the other hand seems to lack a lot of the charm of the original. Subnautica is at its best when you're exploring in open water, worried about potential unseen dangers. With its focus on cave diving Below Zero seems to miss the point entirely. There's also the fact that everything in the game seems designed to slow the player down. The seatruck takes a ridiculous amount of material to build, and is so slow and clunky that I usually just hop out and seaglide anyway. There is a mod that boosts the speed, but even with it and towing nothing you'll be going slower than a seamoth.

I've also intentionally sought out the leviathans in the game and they're very underwhelming. I think a lot of it is the fact that they're designed to look like
    Spoiler: minor leviathan spoilers
    Show
    Orcas
    instead of the Reapers of the original game which took a lot of their design from Great Whites. They're honestly more goofy than intimidating and just don't inspire fear in my monkey brain the way the originals do. They also fired their original sound guy and it shows. The sounds in Below Zero aren't bad or anything...but they lack something that the music and effects of the original game had. For example, one of the screams that the main character does when she gets attacked makes me laugh every time I hear it. I feel like that's probably the opposite reaction the devs intend that someone should have to a shark attack.

All of that said though...the game is still very obviously in Early Access. The first 2 hours of gameplay are very good, and things fall off a cliff afterwards, so hopefully the studio will get things together as things go along. It can't possibly be anywhere near release in its current state so it's too early to judge it.

27. - Top - End - #567
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Yora View Post
    I finally got the two DLCs for Dark Souls 3. And I am not enjoying either of them. They just aren't fun.
    What in particular do you dislike about them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

28. - Top - End - #568
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Worth noting is that they're both supposed to be done late on by high level characters. Going into Ashes as soon as you can access it is pretty brutal. (Not as bad as entering Hunters Nightmare was in Bloodborne when you first got the ability to, but still tough).

29. - Top - End - #569
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yora View Post
    Huh. Personally I thought the Ringed City was the best area FromSoft has done. Just barely beating out Old Hunters.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Dwarf in the Playground

Insurgency
    A modern, light simulationist first-person-shooter.
    I've specifically been playing singleplayer survival mode with various bot difficulty settings amped up. It's nerve-wracking and extremely fun to see how far you can get. I also play with music to amp myself up, specifically:
    Vode An, Gra'tua Cuun and Ka'rta Tor in one video on loop
    Klaxon Beat from Half-Life
    Ripley's Rescue
    Really gets that blood pumping. My performance actually increases when I play music, it's strange.

Kerbal Space Program
    A miniaturized world where you can build your own little rockets and apply what you learned in science class. With the new Breaking Ground expansion, I've been building all sorts of terrible world ending monstrosities inventions for the betterment of Kerbal-kind.
    Last edited by 5crownik007; 2019-08-04 at 07:10 AM.
    "You... little... *****. It's what my old man called me, it's like it was my name, and I proved him right, by killing all the wrong people. [And], I love ya Henry, and I'll never call you anything but your name, but you gotta decide; are you gonna lay there, swallow that blood in your mouth, or are you gonna stand up, spit it out, and go spill theirs?" - Unknown