Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 69
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RogueGirl

    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Lightbulb What would the OOTS characters be like in the modern day?

    What do you think they'd be like? What do you think they'd be doing?
    I think Roy would be doing something like football while studying for an architecture degree [and dating a certain sylphy cheerleader of course ] Durkon would be doing good somewhere, probably as a missionary or aid worker, Haley would be doing SOME form of crime [though not as severe as Belkar would be doing ], Vaarsuvius would probably be hip deep in CERN research and Elan would probably be doing things I can't talk about on a children's forum. [Although at least part of it would be a bunch of hot girls, in room 115 ]

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: What would the OOTS characters be like in the modern day?

    You might want to scan this thread for ideas: Real Life OOTS.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground
     
    zimmerwald1915's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lake Wobegon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What would the OOTS characters be like in the modern day?

    The Order would be a PMC, with Belkar a wanted criminal in several countries and Vaarsuvius wanted in The Hague.
    You, who have nothing at all to believe in; to you, whose motto is "money comes first;" who are you, to tell us that our lives have been wasted? That all that we've fought for has turned into dust?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    I'm jumping on the Zim bandwagon.
    Human stick-figure Twilight Sparkle by me. Find more here.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RogueGirl

    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: What would the OOTS characters be like in the modern day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    You might want to scan this thread for ideas: /URL].
    Wow thanks! But you know, I noticed a common thread with the conversation in that was that the characters often don't match any real world professions perfectly except for Haley as a thief and Sabine as a porn star [Though I'd have preferred to see Elan in the latter role 18 Charisma must be worth something!] so I think the question may make more sense as what would the OOTS cast be like as SUPERHEROES?

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RogueGirl

    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: What would the OOTS characters be like in the modern day?

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    The Order would be a PMC, with Belkar a wanted criminal in several countries and Vaarsuvius wanted in The Hague.
    That made me think "OOTS in Iraq or Afghanistan" which is now making me think about that "Dim Sun" picture the Giant made.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RatElemental's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: What would the OOTS characters be like in the modern day?

    All of the classes of the oots characters match a real world profession, save V, though how well their classes actually match mechanically is another story.

    A ranger plopped into real life would make a pretty good park ranger or animal handler. Belkar would probably only be good for the latter.

    A real life fighter would be at home in the military, a police force, or maybe even as a bounty hunter.

    A real life bard would be an excellent comedian, singer, or other stage performer.

    A real life cleric would probably make a good priest, just without the actual magic.

    A real life rogue can be basically anything, from a doctor to a burglar to a lawyer. Benefits of being the designated skill monkey class I suppose, even if the rest of the class is built around bypassing traps and shanking people in their carotid.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GreataxeFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2008

    Default Re: What would the OOTS characters be like in the modern day?

    Quote Originally Posted by RatElemental View Post

    A real life fighter would be at home in the military, a police force, or maybe even as a bounty hunter.
    Yeah, I understand why people suggest that Roy would be a professional athlete, but while he would have probably played sports while in school, he'd likely be in the military. Given his all-around good stats, he'd probably be special forces of some sort.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Mar 2009

    Default Re: What would the OOTS characters be like in the modern day?

    I imagine them being in a noir/cop drama. That way they have a reason to interact with each other in the same story (albiet not usually in the same scene), in the general pursuit of some common narrative purpose.

    • Roy: A police detective. He probably initially studied architecture in college, but changed gears completely to help his father bring down Xykon. As well as make the world a safer place.
    • Elan: Roy's partner. Who became a cop for the sole purpose of being the plucky comic relief partner. Relied primarily on his charisma to rise in the ranks to detective.
    • Haley: Cat burglar/informant. Helps Roy solve cases and he turns a grudging blind eye to her activities.
    • Vaarsuvius: A computer specialist who is having to work for the police department as an intern to pay off student loans (à la Joel Fleischman from "Northern Exposure").
    • Durkon: Forensic scientist. Originally inspired to go into medicine to find ways to help his mom, but eventually became interested in forensics.
      Or maybe he's an EMT that somehow ends up on the scene too early and ends up having to buddy up with Roy & Elan in action sequences.
    • Belkar: A serial killer that tends to leave clues for Roy to find other criminals. Perhaps has a beef with Xykon and/or Red Cloak and wants to see Roy take them down. Could also be Durkon's partner if Durkon is an EMT.
    • Xykon: A cut-throat elderly mob boss who has been known to literally cut throats to get what he wants.
    • Red Cloak: A local politician who genuinely wants to help his community, but has cut some shady deals with Xykon to do it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Barebarian View Post
    Elan would probably be doing things I can't talk about on a children's forum. [Although at least part of it would be a bunch of hot girls, in room 115 ]
    Maybe. But for most of the story Elan has been portrayed as a goofball that sings songs and plays with puppets. I can honestly see him as a children's tv show host.
    Last edited by xroads; 2019-02-20 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Made clarification.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2004

    Default Re: What would the OOTS characters be like in the modern day?

    Assuming they're not Seal Team Stick (which, let's face it, is more or less what The Order actually does)...

    • Roy, as above, is a police officer. He got into being a Fighter to protect people, so he'd be a cynical-but-principled cop, much to his father's chagrin. Gets flack from his fellow officers because he double-majored in criminal justice and architecture.
    • Haley would probably be more into cyber-crime than physical burglary. Lots and lots of skill with encryption and other ways to hide who you really are online. Her Facebook profile is basically a giant pack of lies. At the beginning of the comic, she steals pretty strictly for profit and/or her dad. By the current, going rather Robin Hood about it.
    • Elan, again as above, children's entertainer, hosting some sort of Sesame Street-like show is just too perfect. He might go all LeVar Burton and split his time between that and doing stints on more conventional films and television (Dashing Swordsman and all).
    • Durkon is probably a doctor. He doesn't care much about the theology of Thor, he wants to be a healer. He'd no doubt be pretty devout in general, but he'd be a doctor, not a priest by profession. Doesn't fit the "rich doctor" stereotype; he prefers to work in in various clinics or hospitals serving the needy and often volunteers for the likes of Doctors Without Borders, so he makes enough to get by, maybe keep up with his student loan payments, but apart from his bar tab, doesn't exactly spend a lot on luxuries.
    • Vaarsuvius definitely spent most of his life in academia. Probably a nuclear physicist or something, investigating the fundamental (and potentially explosive) forces that make up the universe. If you want to model his being forced into the adventuring life, maybe budget cutbacks at the university have forced him into things like corporate R&D or working for the government on building new weapons, power plants, and the like.
    • Belkar, petty criminal mostly. Would be a really good hit man and/or muscle for a gang if he weren't so darned undisciplined. His "faked" character development might have him working for the cops as a mole or somesuch.
    • Eugene Greenhilt is similar to Vaarsuvius, though I'm not sure what his field would be. Something to do with optics or maybe astronomy (ie, stuff we can't exactly go play with directly, we can only observe it). Alternatively, he might be work with really advanced, cutting edge computing technology and/or programming.
    • Lord Shojo is a politician.
    • Tarquin is the power behind the throne at some petty dictatorship.
    • Veldrina has a doctorate in theology, but spends most of her free time researching whatever tickles her fancy that day, so she knows a lot about a lot of different subjects
    • Nale is the leader of some kind of organized crime, but it's pretty much only in one city. He pretends like its a lot more, but the bigger fish dismiss him as "trying too hard."
    • Thog is dumb muscle for Nale's gang.
    • Sabine is a porn star/escort/sex worker. Has had a surprising number of high profile clients who owe her favors or that she could blackmail.
    • Xykon is, to borrow something Rich quoted in a book commentary, a classic corrupt corporate executive.
    • Redcloak is either a terrorist or a freedom fighter, depending on who you ask.
    Last edited by Grey Watcher; 2019-02-20 at 10:32 AM.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Fyraltari's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What would the OOTS characters be like in the modern day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barebarian View Post
    a certain sylphy cheerleader of course.
    How did the lawyer turn into a cheerleader?
    "Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."
    Gehm's corollary to Clarke's Third Law



    Forum Wisdom

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground
     
    zimmerwald1915's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lake Wobegon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What would the OOTS characters be like in the modern day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    How did the lawyer turn into a cheerleader?
    Many if not most American high schools and colleges don't offer pre-law. The general advice students in such places are given is to study something that builds their research and writing skills.
    You, who have nothing at all to believe in; to you, whose motto is "money comes first;" who are you, to tell us that our lives have been wasted? That all that we've fought for has turned into dust?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    I'm jumping on the Zim bandwagon.
    Human stick-figure Twilight Sparkle by me. Find more here.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    littlebum2002's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Default Re: What would the OOTS characters be like in the modern day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barebarian View Post
    I think Roy would be doing something like football while studying for an architecture degree
    This has inspired me. From now on, I have a new answer for whenever someone inevitably posts a thread about "who should play each character in a live action movie". I think Roy should be played by that guy who was in the NFL a few years ago and had a PHD from MIT and a bunch of research papers to his name.
    Avatar by Gurgleflep

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ruck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What would the OOTS characters be like in the modern day?

    Quote Originally Posted by littlebum2002 View Post
    This has inspired me. From now on, I have a new answer for whenever someone inevitably posts a thread about "who should play each character in a live action movie". I think Roy should be played by that guy who was in the NFL a few years ago and had a PHD from MIT and a bunch of research papers to his name.
    Probably John Urschel although you could be thinking of Myron Rolle.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2015

    Default Re: What would the OOTS characters be like in the modern day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Watcher View Post
    Assuming they're not Seal Team Stick (which, let's face it, is more or less what The Order actually does)...

    • Roy, as above, is a police officer. He got into being a Fighter to protect people, so he'd be a cynical-but-principled cop, much to his father's chagrin. Gets flack from his fellow officers because he double-majored in criminal justice and architecture.
    • Haley would probably be more into cyber-crime than physical burglary. Lots and lots of skill with encryption and other ways to hide who you really are online. Her Facebook profile is basically a giant pack of lies. At the beginning of the comic, she steals pretty strictly for profit and/or her dad. By the current, going rather Robin Hood about it.
    • Elan, again as above, children's entertainer, hosting some sort of Sesame Street-like show is just too perfect. He might go all LeVar Burton and split his time between that and doing stints on more conventional films and television (Dashing Swordsman and all).
    • Durkon is probably a doctor. He doesn't care much about the theology of Thor, he wants to be a healer. He'd no doubt be pretty devout in general, but he'd be a doctor, not a priest by profession. Doesn't fit the "rich doctor" stereotype; he prefers to work in in various clinics or hospitals serving the needy and often volunteers for the likes of Doctors Without Borders, so he makes enough to get by, maybe keep up with his student loan payments, but apart from his bar tab, doesn't exactly spend a lot on luxuries.
    • Vaarsuvius definitely spent most of his life in academia. Probably a nuclear physicist or something, investigating the fundamental (and potentially explosive) forces that make up the universe. If you want to model his being forced into the adventuring life, maybe budget cutbacks at the university have forced him into things like corporate R&D or working for the government on building new weapons, power plants, and the like.
    • Belkar, petty criminal mostly. Would be a really good hit man and/or muscle for a gang if he weren't so darned undisciplined. His "faked" character development might have him working for the cops as a mole or somesuch.
    • Eugene Greenhilt is similar to Vaarsuvius, though I'm not sure what his field would be. Something to do with optics or maybe astronomy (ie, stuff we can't exactly go play with directly, we can only observe it). Alternatively, he might be work with really advanced, cutting edge computing technology and/or programming.
    • Lord Shojo is a politician.
    • Tarquin is the power behind the throne at some petty dictatorship.
    • Veldrina has a doctorate in theology, but spends most of her free time researching whatever tickles her fancy that day, so she knows a lot about a lot of different subjects
    • Nale is the leader of some kind of organized crime, but it's pretty much only in one city. He pretends like its a lot more, but the bigger fish dismiss him as "trying too hard."
    • Thog is dumb muscle for Nale's gang.
    • Sabine is a porn star/escort/sex worker. Has had a surprising number of high profile clients who owe her favors or that she could blackmail.
    • Xykon is, to borrow something Rich quoted in a book commentary, a classic corrupt corporate executive.
    • Redcloak is either a terrorist or a freedom fighter, depending on who you ask.
    V presumably studied under Dr. Rjinswand...

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What would the OOTS characters be like in the modern day?

    About V, whatever his job was to be (I'd bet something academic), I see her as a workaholic career-driven kind of person, that neglected his family repeatedly in order to achieve professional success.
    Each one of us, alone, is but a drop in the sea
    Our powers pale compared with the great heroes
    Our battles don’t hit theheadlines or shake the earth
    But they are few, can’t be everywhere, and we, many
    So, when the world or universe needs saving, they come
    But when people needs saving, we are the ones to appear
    We're underdogs, but we rise up to the challenge to be heroes.
    (Wishing Joe, a low-powered superhero)

    "I really like the Geek Math'ology we do here"

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: What would the OOTS characters be like in the modern day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barebarian View Post
    Wow thanks! But you know, I noticed a common thread with the conversation in that was that the characters often don't match any real world professions perfectly except for Haley as a thief and Sabine as a porn star [Though I'd have preferred to see Elan in the latter role 18 Charisma must be worth something!] so I think the question may make more sense as what would the OOTS cast be like as SUPERHEROES?

    Oh, we have that too.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground
     
    martianmister's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Turkey
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: What would the OOTS characters be like in the modern day?

    Most of them would be arrested on charges of murder, aiding and abetting criminals and treason.
    Spoiler
    Show

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Fyraltari's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What would the OOTS characters be like in the modern day?

    Durkon suffers from deep-seated self loathing and resentment issues that manifest through a dissociative personality disorder. This alternate personality, which he dubbed ‘the vampire’ first manifested itself when he was kicked out of his church by an emotionally abusive preacher named Hurak. His medication keeps it under control but he should avoid traumatic incidents.

    V is originally much like Von Braun a European* scientist who doesn’t care what their research is used for as long as they get funding. Then they are forced to face the responsabilities that goes with them.

    Malack is head of a fundamentalist off-shoot of a more mainstream religion based inside the dictatorship Tarquin is generallisimo of. He preaches complete obedience to authority and martyrdom to the point his group is often called a death cult. However he pays lip-service to modern ideals.

    Xykon is an arms dealer who is, with Redcloak the terrorist, trying to get a hold of an experimental WMD: a pathogen created by reknown biologist Dorukan and head of environmental NGO Lirian (the pathogen is a failed experiment).

    Grubwigler lost his medicine license for experimenting on human subjects without their consent and is know a mob doctor.

    The Sapphire Guard members are part of a police/intelligence taskforce. Miko has become convinced that her superior is a mole and has turned rogue and acts as some kind of vigilante.


    Team Peregrine is a black-ops team from V’s homeland.

    Goblin Dan is CEO of your least favorite fast food chain.

    The Oracle is a reporter who always seem to know everything about everyone.

    Name and his crew are real life adventurers: a dangerous mix of mercenaries and criminals working with various petty warlords.

    The Mechane crew are small-time smugglers who sometimes smuggle refugees out of Tarquin’s dictatorship.

    *V isn’t from the same continent as the rest of the Order.
    "Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."
    Gehm's corollary to Clarke's Third Law



    Forum Wisdom

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground
     
    zimmerwald1915's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lake Wobegon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What would the OOTS characters be like in the modern day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    *V isn’t from the same continent as the rest of the Order.
    We should probably stay far away from this idea, but the various pantheons suggest that Roy, Durkon, Belkar, Elan, and Haley's countries (Cliffport, the Dwarven Lands, unknown, unknown, and Greysky City respectively) would be located in or north of the North European Plain, while Vaarsuvius's would be located in the Transcaucasus (low-lying areas adjacent to the Fertile Crescent but separated by mountains).

    The position of nuclear engineer naturally suggests itself for Vaarsuvius, and she's old enough to have certain things weighing on her conscience.
    You, who have nothing at all to believe in; to you, whose motto is "money comes first;" who are you, to tell us that our lives have been wasted? That all that we've fought for has turned into dust?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    I'm jumping on the Zim bandwagon.
    Human stick-figure Twilight Sparkle by me. Find more here.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground
     
    GreataxeFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: What would the OOTS characters be like in the modern day?

    Therkla is a recruit of a crime syndicate that often sneaks out into theaters to watch rom-coms.

    Qarr is the member that rats her out each time.

    Wizard Guy is a baker that sets up shop comfortably adjacent to Inkyrius.

    Right-eye is the disgruntled recruit that attempts to leave the syndicate and gets headshotted unceremoniously by (you can guess!) a fellow member.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2015

    Default Re: What would the OOTS characters be like in the modern day?

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    We should probably stay far away from this idea, but the various pantheons suggest that Roy, Durkon, Belkar, Elan, and Haley's countries (Cliffport, the Dwarven Lands, unknown, unknown, and Greysky City respectively) would be located in or north of the North European Plain, while Vaarsuvius's would be located in the Transcaucasus (low-lying areas adjacent to the Fertile Crescent but separated by mountains).

    The position of nuclear engineer naturally suggests itself for Vaarsuvius, and she's old enough to have certain things weighing on her conscience.
    Zim, I never though I would say this, but that is a fantastic interpretation of Vaarsuvius.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RogueGirl

    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: What would the OOTS characters be like in the modern day?

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    We should probably stay far away from this idea, but the various pantheons suggest that Roy, Durkon, Belkar, Elan, and Haley's countries (Cliffport, the Dwarven Lands, unknown, unknown, and Greysky City respectively) would be located in or north of the North European Plain, while Vaarsuvius's would be located in the Transcaucasus (low-lying areas adjacent to the Fertile Crescent but separated by mountains).

    The position of nuclear engineer naturally suggests itself for Vaarsuvius, and she's old enough to have certain things weighing on her conscience.
    That. Works. So. WELL.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ClericGirl

    Join Date
    Jun 2018

    Default Re: What would the OOTS characters be like in the modern day?

    I am pretty dang sure that they would be The A-Team. Roy is Hannibal, Elan is Face, Belkar is Murdock and Durkon is Baracus. I mean granted we gotta sort out Haley and V, but it’s a good start.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lacuna Caster's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2014

    Default Re: What would the OOTS characters be like in the modern day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Watcher View Post
    Assuming they're not Seal Team Stick (which, let's face it, is more or less what The Order actually does)...

    • Roy, as above, is a police officer. He got into being a Fighter to protect people, so he'd be a cynical-but-principled cop, much to his father's chagrin. Gets flack from his fellow officers because he double-majored in criminal justice and architecture.
    • Haley would probably be more into cyber-crime than physical burglary. Lots and lots of skill with encryption and other ways to hide who you really are online. Her Facebook profile is basically a giant pack of lies. At the beginning of the comic, she steals pretty strictly for profit and/or her dad. By the current, going rather Robin Hood about it.
    • Elan, again as above, children's entertainer, hosting some sort of Sesame Street-like show is just too perfect. He might go all LeVar Burton and split his time between that and doing stints on more conventional films and television (Dashing Swordsman and all)...
    I actually took a stab at relevant fanart a while back, though looking back I think they could be improved.
    Give directly to the extreme poor.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lacuna Caster's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2014

    Default Re: What would the OOTS characters be like in the modern day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    The Sapphire Guard members are part of a police/intelligence taskforce. Miko has become convinced that her superior is a mole and has turned rogue and acts as some kind of vigilante.
    Miyazaki, Miko:

    Born in South Longnam, parents killed at age of 5 during Mauve Revolution, spent 3 years in indoctrination camp prior to liberation by military forces from the Azurite People's Republic. Rescued by Special Forces team led by Colonel Jun. Spent 5 years on military base before introduction to Chairman Sho during morale inspection and subsequent selection as protegé. Joined Special Forces under Jun prior to scandal of Janistan massacres and commander's death. Two further tours resulted in rising to rank of Colonel prior to being seconded to Council of Five Transnational Police for peacekeeping duties.

    Specialises in manhunts and rescue operations in conflict zones. Noted for high operational success rate but above-average casualties and limited liaison skills. Multiple commendations for bravery and swift action, but behavioural analysis indicates affective impairment, ego fragility and possible unresolved PTSD. Recommend placement under psychological evaluation.

    - Sang Waan, adjunct counsellor reporting to C5-TPOL
    Last edited by Lacuna Caster; 2019-02-24 at 11:52 AM.
    Give directly to the extreme poor.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Fyraltari's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What would the OOTS characters be like in the modern day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lacuna Caster View Post
    I actually took a stab at relevant fanart a while back, though looking back I think they could be improved.
    I love it!
    "Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."
    Gehm's corollary to Clarke's Third Law



    Forum Wisdom

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: What would the OOTS characters be like in the modern day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lacuna Caster View Post
    I actually took a stab at relevant fanart a while back, though looking back I think they could be improved.
    Who is the doctor in the bottom-left?

    Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by woweedd View Post
    I would say that's the dumbest theory Grey Wolf's heard, but, let's be honest: It's Grey Wolf. They've probably heard dumber theories today. Point is, neat idea, but it's a real stretch.
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Fyraltari's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What would the OOTS characters be like in the modern day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    Who is the doctor in the bottom-left?

    Grey Wolf
    Looks like Tsukiko.
    "Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."
    Gehm's corollary to Clarke's Third Law



    Forum Wisdom

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Newburyport, MA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What would the OOTS characters be like in the modern day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    Who is the doctor in the bottom-left?

    Grey Wolf
    From the pigtails, I assume it’s Tsukiko. No doubt she finds ample opportunity to scavenge corpses after working hours in the hospital.

    Ninja’d by Fyraltari, naturally.
    Last edited by Emanick; 2019-02-25 at 09:34 AM.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Fyraltari's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What would the OOTS characters be like in the modern day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Emanick View Post
    From the pigtails, I assume it’s Tsukiko. No doubt she finds ample opportunity to scavenge corpses after working hours in the hospital.

    Ninja’d by Fyraltari, naturally.
    The eyes are also a nice touch.
    "Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."
    Gehm's corollary to Clarke's Third Law



    Forum Wisdom

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •