New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Upon a Pale Horse [Deadlands]

He looks at you for a moment as if you were completely daft... "Considering an ambush? From here? Good heavens no! That would have no style, no flair..." (He puases, pressing his hands together, and then speaks to himself as if he'd entirely forgotten about the parties presence) "Now explosives on the other hand... placed there and over there maybe.... and a sniper... that would have potential."

Suddenly, as if only just noticing that he was speaking out loud, he tries to draw attention away from his last comment by answering the question; "Be not alarmed my friend. As per my previous location, I find that even in this modern age we live in, it's generally much better for ones health to hide from a party of armed strangers than to approach them without first assessing their behavior and disposition. Now, unless I'm completely mistaken, none of you look like the type to come back from the dead and attempt to kill me while I sleep?"

(suddenly a rather concerned look appears on his face) "You don't intend to kill me in my sleep do you? Not without telling me the date... That would be most unkind." (The concerned look disappears as suddenly as it arrived, and he continues speaking as if he'd never asked the question at all) "Gentleman, now that you know may name, it appears you have me at a slight disadvantage. As our new friend, who, many apologies, I so rudely interrupted before he had time to properly introduce himself, had begun to inquire, what seems to be the problem? As a world class inventor I am usually quite adept at helping people find solutions, and I'd be more than willing to render aide, if only one of you would be so kind as to lend me something to drink. I wasn't making idle banter when indicated my thirst earlier, and my tendency towards speaking beyond the point of necessity has only exacerbated the issue..."
    Last edited by Beardy; 2008-03-07 at 02:10 PM.
    It is dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Characters:
    Dr.Thaddeus T. Eliot: Upon a Pale Horse

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

The sheriff looks a bit miffed at the ramblings of one of the newcomers. "Pipe down professor," he says in an irritated voice. "We got ourselves a group of sidewinders holed up in here, and unless you're fixing on drawing their fire, I suggest you get yourself behind some cover." He then swings his attention to Miguel. "As for you, you know how to handle those smoke wagons or are they just for show?"
    Lily: What's happening?
    The Doctor: No idea. Do what I do; hold tight and pretend its a plan.

Note to all my players and Game Masters: I am not online Fridays after 3:00 pm EST till Mondays around 7:00 am EST.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ybn1197 View Post
    He then swings his attention to Miguel. "As for you, you know how to handle those smoke wagons or are they just for show?"
    Miguel Arteaga
    "If you are referring to mis pistolas, then yes." He then turns his attention to Fr. Guiteau. "Padre, could you say a blessing upon my weapons before we enter?"

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jim stares nonplussed at the very odd man with the bizarre top hat for a moment.

This place sure seems to attract odd people, he muses to himself. His tactical instincts aren't half bad, though.

With one hand still on his rifle, he pulls his canteen from his saddlebags and tosses it to the man. At the same time, he hears Miguel ask the Father for a blessing and glances over at Jake.

"So much for sneakin' up on 'em, I guess. We're making enough noise out here to warn off every outlaw in three counties," he mutters to the other man.
    Spoiler
    Show

Kasadya a'Deveimar, Tiefling Warblade
    Sebastian Avero, Human Sagittarius

5. - Top - End - #95
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by technophile View Post
    With one hand still on his rifle, he pulls his canteen from his saddlebags and tosses it to the man. At the same time, he hears Miguel ask the Father for a blessing and glances over at Jake.
    Noting your scorn at his previous noise level he replies in a conspiratorial whisper, "Ah you are a gentleman and a scholar!" and proceeds to greedily drain away a significant portion of your water reserves. Nodding gratefully and continuing in his dramatic whisper he says "I'd be more than happy to compensate you for your aide with hard currency or perhaps a few rounds on me when we return to civilization, but as we appear to be in a bit of a spot, I hope you don't mind if I arm myself."

Returning to his original position behind the rocks he proceeds to wheel out a strange vehicle. It is similar in appearance to one of those new fangled European "bicycles" popular in some of the larger cities, except both the wheels are the same size, and there are so many copper tubes and clockwork pieces attached to it that it is almost unrecognizable as such. Propping it up beside the rock outcropping with a kick stand, he then proceeds to draw a rifle form the long black scabbard on the side of the contraption.

Turning away from the contraption his rifle comes fully into view... A heavily modified Sharps big 50. Anyone familiar with Sharps rifles realizes immediately that the barrel is significantly longer than standard counterparts, and the monstrously sized telescope mounted to the top could only be the result of mad science. Pulling a cartridge from his vest pocket he slides it deftly into the rifle, and locks it in place, his smooth precise motions suggesting practice and skill.

"Shall we get this party started?"
    It is dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Characters:
    Dr.Thaddeus T. Eliot: Upon a Pale Horse

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jim glances at the sheriff inquiringly. "Your show, sheriff, but seein' as they have to know we're here, I'd suggest offering terms. Darn sight easier'n digging weasels out of a hole in the ground."
    Spoiler
    Show

Kasadya a'Deveimar, Tiefling Warblade
    Sebastian Avero, Human Sagittarius