New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Help with meeting prereqs for master spellthief and mindsight by lvl 6

I'm planning out a character for a new 3.5 campaign. I'm going the unseen seer route, but I'd like to grab mindsight at lvl 6. I can't for the life of me figure out a way to get master spell thief before 6 in order to have a caster lvl of 5, while having spellthief be my lvl 1 class.

Spellthief 1/wizard 2/ X /mindbender 1/unseen seer X

Is there anything that can fit in there that'll give me 2 caster lvls and a feat? Sounds even more unlikely now that I actually wrote that down and read it.

Or another class combo other than wizard and spellthief that'll cover the skills and SA to advance with unseen seer.

All official content allowed, except dragon. Minor cheese ok.

Thanks in advance and if you need any clarification or questions, let me know.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: Help with meeting prereqs for master spellthief and mindsight by lvl 6

Quote Originally Posted by Cozod View Post
    I'm planning out a character for a new 3.5 campaign. I'm going the unseen seer route, but I'd like to grab mindsight at lvl 6. I can't for the life of me figure out a way to get master spell thief before 6 in order to have a caster lvl of 5, while having spellthief be my lvl 1 class.

Spellthief 1/wizard 2/ X /mindbender 1/unseen seer X

Is there anything that can fit in there that'll give me 2 caster lvls and a feat? Sounds even more unlikely now that I actually wrote that down and read it.

Or another class combo other than wizard and spellthief that'll cover the skills and SA to advance with unseen seer.

All official content allowed, except dragon. Minor cheese ok.

Thanks in advance and if you need any clarification or questions, let me know.
    Items for +1d6 sneak attack and practiced spell caster feat?

3. - Top - End - #3

Default Re: Help with meeting prereqs for master spellthief and mindsight by lvl 6

Wow, how did I forget about practised spellcaster. Was going to get it anyways because of unseen seer. Grab it at 3, then 2 lvls of human paragon to get master spell thief, might as well make it 3 for the +2 stat and caster progression.

Spellthief 1/wizard 1/human paragon 3/mindbender 1/unseen seer X works I think.

Able learner and darkstalker at 1, practised spellcaster at 3, master spellthief at 5, mindsight at 6.

Caster lvl 6, spells known as a 4th lvl wizard.

Hm, not sure if I even need spellthief anymore. Maybe just rogue. Frees up a feat, more skill points too. Missing out on casting in light armor though, right?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cozod View Post
    Wow, how did I forget about practised spellcaster. Was going to get it anyways because of unseen seer. Grab it at 3, then 2 lvls of human paragon to get master spell thief, might as well make it 3 for the +2 stat and caster progression.

Spellthief 1/wizard 1/human paragon 3/mindbender 1/unseen seer X works I think.

Able learner and darkstalker at 1, practised spellcaster at 3, master spellthief at 5, mindsight at 6.

Caster lvl 6, spells known as a 4th lvl wizard.

Hm, not sure if I even need spellthief anymore. Maybe just rogue. Frees up a feat, more skill points too. Missing out on casting in light armor though, right?
    Caster level shenanigans, and spelltheft is lost

5. - Top - End - #5

Not overly concerned about caster lvl fun, but it'd be a nice option later lvls depending on the group.

Actually I need to go spell thief 1/wizard 2/human paragon 2.