The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Default Member-Produced Commercial Content

Welcome to the thread for member-produced commercial content. This is a thread for posting your non-5th edition works that are available through the DMs Guild, Drivethru RPG, and other such on-line retailers. As this is a slight digression from our normal rules regarding advertising, please be aware of the following

1) Please limit this to works you are personally involved in; this is for posters to show off their works, not advertising for your publishing company.
    2) Please only post a link to a single work once. Do not post multiple times regarding the same product, as this will be considered advertising.
    3) Please observe the no double-posting rule. If you have several works, post them together, or edit your post in the meantime.

Advertising, including posting here outside of these guidelines, is still subject to potential banning. If you have a question regarding a specific work, it is probably not ok, but ask a mod beforehand (and include a link).

(As an aside: If there is sufficient demand for a d20/3.x specific thread, we'll post one in that subforum. Until then, post anything not 5th edition D&D in here)
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Savage Scrolls: A Savage Worlds/Elder Scrolls Conversion
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Avatar is from local user Mehangel
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Member-Produced Commercial Content

(The Mod Wonder: Here's an example of an appropriate post)

About 10 years ago, I contributed to an anthology of short stories for Apocalypse Prevention Inc by 3rd Eye Games. My short story is about a werewolf whose friend forgets it's a full moon when he wants to go out, and the agents who have to deal with it.

API Anthology

The Mod Wonder: It is RPG-related. I was personally involved in its creation. It is for sale, but it is available on-line. It is a link to an RPG-specific seller. You'll note, the same link is in my sig, but my sig otherwise complies with the rules, with no excessive images. If this were a 5e product, the post would be moved to the 5e thread, and the poster might be warned or infracted for advertising, if they'd also posted there.
    Last edited by Mark Hall; 2019-02-20 at 01:16 PM.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Some of you may know that I have my own homebrew rules-light system. I've been developing it on and off for years; you may have seen me posting about it here before. Well... after much work and testing and revising and polishing, I'm pleased to announce the official release of the Simple Tabletop Roleplaying System, STaRS. The full version is available for $15; the lite version, containing the basic rules only, is pay-what-you-want.

STaRS is a universal, rules-light system, capable of handling everything from gritty noir to high-flying superheros. It walks the thin line between running on a book full of rules and running on GM fiat, remaining easy to understand without ever leaving you unsure about what you can do. Friendly towards new and experienced role-players alike, STaRS is great for one-shots and long campaigns alike.

Less time with your nose in a book. More time with dice in your hand. That's the promise and the power of STaRS.
    Last edited by Grod_The_Giant; 2019-03-06 at 03:40 PM.

STaRS (and STaRS Lite)
    A non-narrativeist, generic rules-light system, by me. Now officially released!

Grod's Guide to Greatness
    A big book of player options for 5e, by me

Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    Grod's Law: You cannot and should not balance bad mechanics by making them annoying to use
    Giants and Graveyards: My collected 3.5 class fixes and more.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

I make 3D printed dice, which you can find on my Shapeways shop. I've got a lot of designs, but several of them are especially relevant for D&D: I have one group that are shaped like weapons, with the appropriate number of sides for each (so you can, for instance, roll a battleaxe or morningstar-shaped d8 or a dagger-shaped d4), and another group for spell damage, in the die types often used for those elements (such as a d4 shaped like a Magic Missile or d6s and d8s shaped like lightning bolts and snowflakes).

I also have an entire set of 4-6-8-10-12-20 shaped like gazebos, for all of you old-timers out there.

(Note: Shapeways recently increased their prices for colored plastic, which is the default for many of my dice. You can save some money by choosing the white version instead, and coloring it yourself. I can vouch that permanent marker works on them.)
    Time travels in divers paces with divers persons.
    As You Like It, III:ii:328

Chronos's Unalliterative Skillmonkey Guide
    Current Homebrew: 5th edition psionics

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

My talented wife does RPG art - character portraits, scenery, and so on - and has a Patreon page, where you can subscribe and benefit from full resolution versions of her work.

https://www.patreon.com/helenmclaughlinart/

Each month, she's going to produce pieces. Subscribes will get access to high res versions of the art, to use pretty much as you like, and to steer her work towards their favourite subjects.

6. - Top - End - #6

HP Lovecraft's Prepatory Academy -- By Jeff Zitomer, Savage Worlds Conversion (Deluxe Edition) by Mark Hall

I've off-the-cuff described it as "Harry Potter inspired by the Mythos rather than Narnia". Want to play as someone with an ancient bloodline of a Deep One? Or maybe a witch? Or a mad scientist? Or someone who travels into the dreams of others? Or someone who is just ... normal?
    Last edited by Mark Hall; 2019-07-18 at 04:42 PM.
    The Cranky Gamer

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    HP Lovecraft's Prepatory Academy -- By Jeff Zitomer, Savage Worlds Conversion (Deluxe Edition) by Mark Hall

I've off-the-cuff described it as "Harry Potter inspired by the Mythos rather than Narnia". Want to play as someone with an ancient bloodline of a Deep One? Or maybe a witch? Or a mad scientist? Or someone who travels into the dreams of others? Or someone who is just ... normal?
    As a note, your link goes to the "affiliate program" page, not sure if that was intentional.

(Yes, this means I want to read more it. )
    It is one thing to suspend your disbelief. It is another thing entirely to hang it by the neck until dead.

Verisimilitude -- n, the appearance or semblance of truth, likelihood, or probability.

The concern is not realism in speculative fiction, but rather the sense that a setting or story could be real, fostered by internal consistency and coherence.

The Worldbuilding Forum -- where realities are born.

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    As a note, your link goes to the "affiliate program" page, not sure if that was intentional.

(Yes, this means I want to read more it. )

Updated. Thanks.
    Last edited by Mark Hall; 2019-07-18 at 04:43 PM.
    The Cranky Gamer

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Hey all!

Uh, here's a handful of things I've been involved in in recent months:

Eldritch Care Unit is a small RPG I self-published (also available on itch.io). The basic idea is that you play doctors, nurses, ritualists, or other staff members of a hidden supernatural wing of a hospital, taking care of preternatural patients or just mundane patients that the supernatural side of things has infected somehow.

The Short Games Digest, which is a collection of small games by various TTRPG writers, both new and old, varying from OSR parodies to 1950's scifi and various others! I wrote a game about wizards and other prepared casters that focuses more around spell preparation than on actual encounters.

I've also done a bunch of work on the Storyteller's Vault (mostly Chronicles of Darkness, but a little World of Darkness).

And I also have a Patreon if you wanna see previews of other stuff I'm working on, or bonus content for any of the above.