New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Bowser becomes president of Nintendo

(Nintendo of America to be more specific)

Long story short Reggie decided to retire and Bowser will be his replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Mantas View Post
    "You know, Durkon, I built this planet up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was a snarl. All the other gods said we were daft to build a planet over a snarl, but I built it all the same, just to show then. It got eaten by the snarl...

...so we built a five millionth, three hundreth, twenty first one. That one burned down, fell over, then got eaten by the snarl, but the five millionth, three hundreth, and twenty second one stayed up! Or at least, it has been until now."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Bowser becomes president of Nintendo

Hey, isn't bowser also the name of that turtle?

Sig by Mornings
    My Art!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by deuterio12 View Post
    (Nintendo of America to be more specific)

Long story short Reggie decided to retire and Bowser will be his replacement.
    I am a little disappointed by this link. I was expecting something a little more "Bowser takes over Nintendo by force, year of the bowser."

Spoiler: More like this
    Show
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2019-02-22 at 12:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

The fact that this Bowser guy used to be an exec at EA terrifies me.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    Should be fine. If he's gained the trust of Nintendo as a whole, he's probably an alright dude.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    Should be fine. If he's gained the trust of Nintendo as a whole, he's probably an alright dude.
    Yeah, Nintendo isn't in the business of losing money or gambling.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

7. - Top - End - #7
    Firbolg in the Playground

Leading theory is that Joker from P5 stole his heart and in a few days, Reggie will reveal there's been a localization for Mother 3 this whole time.

In all seriousness though, Reggie may not have always said things I agree with but kept the culture of games = fun around. There are so very few non-toxic personalities around gaming from within the industry right now. I wish him well and hope the next e3 is filled with infinite Bowser puns to keep the party train going.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    Indeed - from the sounds of things Reggie had a hand in picking him as his successor, so there's likely nothing to worry about. And honestly, even if there were, it's "just" Nintendo of America. The games and most of the important decisions get made over in Japan, since, you know, Japanese company, so his power to screw things up would be inherently limited.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

<<Looks to the left at Doug Bowser.>>

<<Looks to the right at super crown fanart.>>

<<shrugs>>
    Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    where is the atropal? and does it have a listed LA?

10. - Top - End - #10
    Firbolg in the Playground

Does this mean we can finally get a game starring Bowser (without Mario and Luigi co-starring like in Bowser's Inside Story)?

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 137ben View Post
    Does this mean we can finally get a game starring Bowser (without Mario and Luigi co-starring like in Bowser's Inside Story)?
    That could be a really fun idea. Hmm... let's see. Taking a break from his crusade to take the Mushroom Kingdom, he decides to go after a softer target with less infamous champions, maybe a trio of carpenters from Tulsa, to serve as bosses. Unlike Mario, who focuses on agility, Bowser focuses on brute force and the gameplay feels less like a Mario 64-esque format and more like... I don't know, The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction or something. Just reveling in Bowser's raw power by letting you do insane stunts. After his vacation is over, he returns to the MK to find his home and army thrashed in his absence by the Mario Brothers and the finale is a reinvigorated Bowser ripping into the MK, even beating the brothers in combat before getting trumped somehow and forced to back off. Returning home, Bowser slumps on his throne with a contented grin. If it's true that they say you're only as good as your enemies, the King Koopa could ask for no better rivals than Mario and Luigi. Nobody else can compete. But enough of that, as Bowser calls for his generals. During his vacation, Bowser found some inspiration for his next campaign against the Kingdom, and this time it will be FLAWLESS! BWA HA HA HA!
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Bowser Warriors: Warriors-style game where you play as Bowser and his family/minions to rip through the Mushroom Kingdom troops.

Bowser Emblem: Fire Emblem-style game where you play Lord Bowser leading his army in turn-based tactics. And hey, Fire Emblem already has plenty of manaketes, so Bowser could be one. Relationship/marriage mechanics where Bowser can marry all the female characters and have a koopaling from each.

The Legend of Peach: Bowser must go through dungeons filled with enemies and treasure to collect upgrades to kidnap rescue Peach from the evil mushroom king Mario!

Bowseroid: 2d platformer with sci-fi tones where Bowser collects breath upgrades and can hide inside his shell to become smaller and roll around. Mario Galaxy already showed Bowser has access to high tech.

Bowseroid Prime: As above, but first person gameplay in 3D.

Bowsermon: Bowser stumbles into Kanto or some other pokemon region and decides to play along this whole pokemon league thing, except he can fight himself too.

Bowser's Adventure: 2D platformer where Bowser can nom opponents to gain their powers.

This won't be the year of the Bowser.

It will be the Era of Bowser!
    Last edited by deuterio12; 2019-03-15 at 09:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Mantas View Post
    "You know, Durkon, I built this planet up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was a snarl. All the other gods said we were daft to build a planet over a snarl, but I built it all the same, just to show then. It got eaten by the snarl...

...so we built a five millionth, three hundreth, twenty first one. That one burned down, fell over, then got eaten by the snarl, but the five millionth, three hundreth, and twenty second one stayed up! Or at least, it has been until now."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGirl

All Hail President Bowser. The turtle man shall make the company great again. Seriously though, I'm sure he'll do a fine job.
    Minister of sarcasm and pragmatism of the Grayview fanclub.

No, none of us were altering the unimutable laws of physics. That would be wrong.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Considering that he was personally vetted by Reggie, and the fact that Bowser voluntarily left a cushy job at EA over disagreements concerning the business model, I'd actually call that a point in his favor.

The Deathwatch has knowledge that some would consider Heretical, for one must know thine enemy in order to smite him in the Name of the Emperor.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora