The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 462
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Lord of the Helms's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Beyond the Helms of Death
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: One Piece VI: Wano Piece

    New chapter!

    Spoiler
    Show
    So, this one basically confirms Luffy has Dogtooth level observation haki now. And of course, the former Yakuza boss is a legitimate badass after all, even tiny, old and malnourished. Also, the guess that Kawamatsu is a Kappa was correct.

    Meanwhile, I guess an epic prison break in the capital is coming up...
    You are a Rose, You are a blade
    I'm Down on my knees in the dark and fiery reign
    -David Defeis, Virgin Steele

    The Official Pharaoh Pimp - Power Metal at its finest!

    Spoiler
    Show


  2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: One Piece VI: Wano Piece

    Spoiler
    Show

    I hardly felt it was a guess after reading his laughter
    Else, yeah, in the end it turns out old boss Hyo did have a purpose in this after all.
    He is here to teach Luffy an armor piercing technique.

    Well, i can see the value in that. Though it feels like its forgetting
    how Kaido being serious were so fast Luffy could not react in time.

    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Traab's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    right behind you

    Default Re: One Piece VI: Wano Piece

    Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

    I hardly felt it was a guess after reading his laughter
    Else, yeah, in the end it turns out old boss Hyo did have a purpose in this after all.
    He is here to teach Luffy an armor piercing technique.

    Well, i can see the value in that. Though it feels like its forgetting
    how Kaido being serious were so fast Luffy could not react in time.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Interesting, an armor piercing technique? Sounds like a workaround for luffy to not have to get 150x stronger to harm kaido. As for speed, maybe thats what his prison training will be good for, making him just fast enough to survive kaido.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

  4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: One Piece VI: Wano Piece

    Seastone bullets confirmed, cheap and easy enough to produce to be handed to incompetent mooks to be rapid fired in executions.

    Alas of course they're only revealed after Luffy started mastering matrix style bullet dodging.

    Still doesn't make the world government look any better that they never even tried to smuggle some of those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Mantas View Post
    "You know, Durkon, I built this planet up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was a snarl. All the other gods said we were daft to build a planet over a snarl, but I built it all the same, just to show then. It got eaten by the snarl...

    ...so we built a five millionth, three hundreth, twenty first one. That one burned down, fell over, then got eaten by the snarl, but the five millionth, three hundreth, and twenty second one stayed up! Or at least, it has been until now."

  5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: One Piece VI: Wano Piece

    Seastone bullets confirmed, cheap and easy enough to produce to be handed to incompetent mooks to be rapid fired in executions.
    This isnt a incompetent mook. Its a person who were favored enough by Kaido to be given an artificial Zoan.
    And we cant say anything about how cheap or easy they are to make. Because like most other people it seems as if Queen is bonkers.

    Alas of course they're only revealed after Luffy started mastering matrix style bullet dodging.
    He could do that for a while now, he learned it during the timeskip.
    Its just first now that he is good enough to direct others.

    Still doesn't make the world government look any better that they never even tried to smuggle some of those.
    If you have an army of kryptonians, then you would want to supress the idea of kryptonite bullets being possible...
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: One Piece VI: Wano Piece

    Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    This isnt a incompetent mook. Its a person who were favored enough by Kaido to be given an artificial Zoan.
    And we cant say anything about how cheap or easy they are to make. Because like most other people it seems as if Queen is bonkers.
    Out of many cheap mass-produced zoans we've seen, exactly one proved any shred of competency (that flying dino one that knocked out momma's ship).

    Although "most people are bonkers in One Pieceverse" is also an acceptable explanation since they hand out seastone bullets to the guards in a prison where everybody's already cuffed with seastone shackles but the ones sent to intercept the invading force composed of fruit user Big Mommba and her fruit user children don't get a single seastone bullet to shoot.

    Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    He could do that for a while now, he learned it during the timeskip.
    Its just first now that he is good enough to direct others.
    Can you kindly remind me of one instance where he was dodging bullets after timeskip?

    After all one of Luffy's initial selling points was being immune to bullets so I don't see why he would've bothered to learn how to dodge something he already can shrugg off before.

    If anything I recall Luffy only started prediction powers after fighting jaws dude in candy country that was really good at it.

    Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    If you have an army of kryptonians, then you would want to supress the idea of kryptonite bullets being possible...
    Sure, don't go around distributing them like candy.

    But when the kryptonian White Beard is approaching with his own army of kryptonian pirates and you had plenty of time to set up, kryptonite bullets really would be something reasonable to have among your options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Mantas View Post
    "You know, Durkon, I built this planet up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was a snarl. All the other gods said we were daft to build a planet over a snarl, but I built it all the same, just to show then. It got eaten by the snarl...

    ...so we built a five millionth, three hundreth, twenty first one. That one burned down, fell over, then got eaten by the snarl, but the five millionth, three hundreth, and twenty second one stayed up! Or at least, it has been until now."

  7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Traab's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    right behind you

    Default Re: One Piece VI: Wano Piece

    Luffy has been fast enough to dodge bullets at LEAST as far back as enis lobby. You are right though in that he generally doesnt bother. Unlike zoro or sanji and such. Heck until now bullets being shot at him means he can counter attack far more easily by hurling their own ammo at them. Being able to dodge or tank bullets is like the lowest level skill you need to be capable of to survive in the one piece universe.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

  8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Kato's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: One Piece VI: Wano Piece

    Spoiler
    Show

    I still don't trust the woman... but I guess I should now. She knew a lot of story and I guess it's not all made up. What the thing about the geisha then, though?

    And while I like Luffy actually having a plan - kind of - there's still the fct he one-shot you, while drunk and pretty much without effort. Just dealing damage is probably not enough. But it's a start, I guess.
    "What's done is done."

    Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    material & internet plane
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: One Piece VI: Wano Piece

    Spoiler
    Show
    It now made more sense why Komurasaki had to wear the kitsune mask while playing that song. She still sounds suspicious to me, though, almost as if she's just subtly confirming details on the incoming rebellion plan.

    So from what I'm understanding, this haki projection technique might be similar to D&D's touch AC attack (ranged touch attack, more precisely) if it simply goes through physical defenses like thick scales. Its effectiveness also doesn't solely rely on the user's physical strength considering how weak Hyogoro seems to be right now, which makes sense because "haki" pretty much means "willpower".

  10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: One Piece VI: Wano Piece

    Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Luffy has been fast enough to dodge bullets at LEAST as far back as enis lobby. You are right though in that he generally doesnt bother. Unlike zoro or sanji and such. Heck until now bullets being shot at him means he can counter attack far more easily by hurling their own ammo at them. Being able to dodge or tank bullets is like the lowest level skill you need to be capable of to survive in the one piece universe.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And remember Seastone doesn't turn off Devil Fruit powers, it makes you too exhausted to use them. Luffy under water, or luffy with Seastone on his body is still rubber and stretchy. By the way Seastone works a Seastone bullet should still bounce off of Luffy's Rubber body.

    Since most Devil Fruit users are vulnerable to Regular bullets anyway Seastone ones are kinda pointless. And the ones that are immune to bullets, Seastone ones won't help there either.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Kekkersboy

    My gaming and ideas channel.

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Kato's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: One Piece VI: Wano Piece

    Quote Originally Posted by Devonix View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    And remember Seastone doesn't turn off Devil Fruit powers, it makes you too exhausted to use them. Luffy under water, or luffy with Seastone on his body is still rubber and stretchy. By the way Seastone works a Seastone bullet should still bounce off of Luffy's Rubber body.

    Since most Devil Fruit users are vulnerable to Regular bullets anyway Seastone ones are kinda pointless. And the ones that are immune to bullets, Seastone ones won't help there either.
    Hasn't this debate happened three times already? Not to pick it up in its entirety but in short... Logia users don't dodge attacks with seastone (at least not the way they do with normal attacks). Luffy was susceptible to Smoker's seastone weapon, even though it was blunt.
    Water is not seastone, albeit the effects are similar but not identical.
    "What's done is done."

    Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: One Piece VI: Wano Piece

    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Hasn't this debate happened three times already? Not to pick it up in its entirety but in short... Logia users don't dodge attacks with seastone (at least not the way they do with normal attacks). Luffy was susceptible to Smoker's seastone weapon, even though it was blunt.
    Water is not seastone, albeit the effects are similar but not identical.
    I never said Luffy wasn't susceptible to smoker's seastone. Just that the seastone didn't turn off his rubber, it made him weak. Seastone has always made the user too exhausted to move when in direct contact.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Kekkersboy

    My gaming and ideas channel.

  13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: One Piece VI: Wano Piece

    Sure, don't go around distributing them like candy.

    But when the kryptonian White Beard is approaching with his own army of kryptonian pirates and you had plenty of time to set up, kryptonite bullets really would be something reasonable to have among your options.
    Not really. The problem is you can only use them once. Then the Cat is out of the bag.
    And as soon as someone knows something impossible is possible, then its not going to take them long to figure out how to do so.

    Whitebeard meanwhile only attacked because directly and intentionally provoked.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: One Piece VI: Wano Piece

    Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Not really. The problem is you can only use them once. Then the Cat is out of the bag.
    And as soon as someone knows something impossible is possible, then its not going to take them long to figure out how to do so.

    Whitebeard meanwhile only attacked because directly and intentionally provoked.
    Another problem is how the bullets work. Whitebeard's durability has zero to do with a Devil Fruit. Diamond Jozu when he becomes Diamond would have the Seastone bullets bounce off of him just the same as regular bullets.

    The only possible person that they might be more use against is Marco and that's not even certain since you'd still have to hit him.

    If Seastone bullets are only useful against people already vulnerable to bullets, Why don't you just use regular bullets.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Kekkersboy

    My gaming and ideas channel.

  15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Rynjin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2016

    Default Re: One Piece VI: Wano Piece

    Marco is a weird one since it's unclear whether he'd self-resurrect on death if killed by seastone or not.
    Last edited by Rynjin; 2019-04-13 at 04:50 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Traab's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    right behind you

    Default Re: One Piece VI: Wano Piece

    Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    Marco is a weird one since it's unclear whether he'd self-resurrect on death if killed by seastone or not.
    If he was killed? I say not, unless we have information ive missed, the soul soul fruit brook ate is the only one that lets the user come back from the dead. And even then I think it was stated it only works the once. If he gets killed again, thats it. Of course, how you kill a guy who is a spirit haunting a skeleton is kinda confusing. I mean, he can leave his body at will and float around, coming back to it.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

  17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Rynjin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2016

    Default Re: One Piece VI: Wano Piece

    Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    If he was killed? I say not, unless we have information ive missed, the soul soul fruit brook ate is the only one that lets the user come back from the dead. And even then I think it was stated it only works the once. If he gets killed again, thats it. Of course, how you kill a guy who is a spirit haunting a skeleton is kinda confusing. I mean, he can leave his body at will and float around, coming back to it.
    Marco is a Phoenix, resurrection is kind of their whole theme.

    He already regenerates super fast when damaged, and is proven to be able to regenerate wounds suffered by seastone once no longer in contact with it.

  18. - Top - End - #138
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: One Piece VI: Wano Piece

    Quote Originally Posted by Devonix View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    And remember Seastone doesn't turn off Devil Fruit powers, it makes you too exhausted to use them. Luffy under water, or luffy with Seastone on his body is still rubber and stretchy. By the way Seastone works a Seastone bullet should still bounce off of Luffy's Rubber body.

    Since most Devil Fruit users are vulnerable to Regular bullets anyway Seastone ones are kinda pointless. And the ones that are immune to bullets, Seastone ones won't help there either.
    Yeah, this is just patently false from pretty much every single instance we've seen seastone and water. We know how the physics works, Oda's talked about it outside of the manga. Seastone needs contact and other variables. Water can be below the knee and not effect a Devil Fruit user's power.

  19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Rynjin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2016

    Default Re: One Piece VI: Wano Piece

    Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    Yeah, this is just patently false from pretty much every single instance we've seen seastone and water. We know how the physics works, Oda's talked about it outside of the manga. Seastone needs contact and other variables. Water can be below the knee and not effect a Devil Fruit user's power.
    I mean, we know for a fact that Luffy can still stretch underwater, or the manga would've ended at Arlong Park, so I'm not sure why you think that is "patently false".

    Devil Fruit users are paralyzed underwater (but any passive effects of their powers still work) and weakened by seastone. Seastone seems to have other properties on top of that, but they're ill-defined besides being practically indestructible and driving away sea monsters.

  20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: One Piece VI: Wano Piece

    Well they are not just weakend by seastone on contact.
    But the problem is perhaps that the comic has gone on for long enough to make contradicting evidence.
    Like where Enel's power where shut off by seastone.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: One Piece VI: Wano Piece

    Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Not really. The problem is you can only use them once. Then the Cat is out of the bag.
    And as soon as someone knows something impossible is possible, then its not going to take them long to figure out how to do so.
    World government unleashed their own army of giant killer robots against Whitebeard, yet I have to see anybody copy them on that.

    Plus one of Luffy's crewmembers is a cyborg and everybody knows he's a cyborg for a lot of time yet no other cyborgs yet besides that one shibukai that was used as the template for the killer robot army.

    Also the whole previous arc was Sanji getting married to a daughter of Big Momma because Big Momma wanted all the super tech from Sanji's family, meaning she couldn't reverse-engineer it on her own.

    Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Whitebeard meanwhile only attacked because directly and intentionally provoked.
    Of course, it was a trap from the marines to finish him off for good, that's why they had pretty much all their big hitters there and unleashed their new army of giant killer robots, so seastone bullets would've been something to keep around too.
    Last edited by deuterio12; 2019-04-14 at 04:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Mantas View Post
    "You know, Durkon, I built this planet up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was a snarl. All the other gods said we were daft to build a planet over a snarl, but I built it all the same, just to show then. It got eaten by the snarl...

    ...so we built a five millionth, three hundreth, twenty first one. That one burned down, fell over, then got eaten by the snarl, but the five millionth, three hundreth, and twenty second one stayed up! Or at least, it has been until now."

  22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: One Piece VI: Wano Piece

    Cyborgs aren't that uncommon in One piece there are quite a few named characters that are cyborgs and far more random background characters.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Kekkersboy

    My gaming and ideas channel.

  23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: One Piece VI: Wano Piece

    World government unleashed their own army of giant killer robots against Whitebeard, yet I have to see anybody copy them on that.

    Plus one of Luffy's crewmembers is a cyborg and everybody knows he's a cyborg for a lot of time yet no other cyborgs yet besides that one shibukai that was used as the template for the killer robot army.

    Also the whole previous arc was Sanji getting married to a daughter of Big Momma because Big Momma wanted all the super tech from Sanji's family, meaning she couldn't reverse-engineer it on her own.
    Besides cyborgs not being that uncommon, then they are not that powerful unless build by Vegapunk.

    And no, its likely far, far easier to just steal the Genma's super tech, than it is to try and develop it yourself.
    Its also not organisations like Big Mom i would worry about reverse engineering Seastone bullets.
    But the Genma 66, Vegapunk or Ceasar? yes easily.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Traab's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    right behind you

    Default Re: One Piece VI: Wano Piece

    There is also the issue of complexity to think about. Unless seastone bullets require some arcane high end machinery to cast them, its a lot easier to create bullets out of fragments of seastone you could salvage from, say, raiding a marine ship and taking it apart for the hull coating on the bottom, or taking out a base and taking any seastone cuffs and such they may have in supply to create a few emergency seastone bullets than to build and design effing ROBOTS THAT SHOOT LASERS!
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

  25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: One Piece VI: Wano Piece

    Yeah.. honestly i think the lack of Seastone bullets are kinda dumb to start with.
    Thats why i decided to believe that every major power tries to supress the technology.

    I mean, it is a little bit like nukes. It is in everyones biggest interest that they are not in use.
    Certainly the people in power are there in part because of their DFs.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Traab's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    right behind you

    Default Re: One Piece VI: Wano Piece

    Brief return to bullet dodging. I dont know if its different in the manga, but back at sabaody before the timeskip, when luffy punched a celestial dragon so hard he turned the world black and white, he dodged the bullet the dragon fired at him from like 10-15 feet away. Again, I know some details are different from manga to anime for the sake of drama so not sure if it happened in both.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

  27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: One Piece VI: Wano Piece

    Since Seastone bullets are also only going to work on people they penetrate, if you're going to use them against the higher ups you'd need to develop Armor penetrating rounds, which seemingly only Big Mom has with their candy jacket bullets.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Kekkersboy

    My gaming and ideas channel.

  28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Metahuman1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011

    Default Re: One Piece VI: Wano Piece

    I'm assuming there's some skill/trick/technique required to make the seastone bullets.

    And that the problem is, yeah, they could steal enough samples to reverse engineer it, or the trick/technique/skill/equipment needed, or whatever. But here's what the World Government has to consider.

    If this goes wrong, there starting a fight with the only power we know about that has Seastone Bullets, a place that has a Yonko Crew backing it to boot, and that has a crazy high average power level for people in general, or so we've had suggested too us. Even if it goes right, there rolling the dice on that happening. And it's the Yonko with a death wish no less, whom I'd water is going to hesitate the least out of all of them to go have at The World Government, if for no other reason because he's hoping MAYBE they can manage a way to kill him.

    And heaven help them if he were to persuade just one other Yonko to back this play as well. Then it goes form "A fight we might win but at massive cost, and were not terribly confident about winning." too "A fight we absolutely will loose.".


    Given that's what there risking, and the Gorosei being conservative in there approach to ruling, I could see them deciding not to risk it. Or at least not yet.
    "I Burn!"

  29. - Top - End - #149
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: One Piece VI: Wano Piece

    As a quick aside I did like this chapter, it was fun and had some neat background stuff, and showed how Luffy is reacting to his defeat from Kaidou.

    As for the sea stone bullet thing...have we considered that sea stone effects devil fruit users differently? Paramecia and Logia fruit users showing different effects from exposure that are along the same vein but not 100% the same is entirely valid, I think.


    Corvo-Zodi by Cuthalion. I'm not a murderer, I'm a good person! *kills everyone*
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: One Piece VI: Wano Piece

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    As a quick aside I did like this chapter, it was fun and had some neat background stuff, and showed how Luffy is reacting to his defeat from Kaidou.

    As for the sea stone bullet thing...have we considered that sea stone effects devil fruit users differently? Paramecia and Logia fruit users showing different effects from exposure that are along the same vein but not 100% the same is entirely valid, I think.
    We know that Seastone makes it so that Logia, zoan, and Paramecia can't actively use their devil fruits while they're touching it, and that it saps their energy. making them tired. A Logia and Zoan are trapped in human form while it's touching them. But a logia has to already be in human form for it to affect them from what we've seen. It will just pass through a logia in mist or fire form. since we know Seastone only affects on skin to skin contact.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Kekkersboy

    My gaming and ideas channel.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •