The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [PF] Prologue to the End

For the Guild Assassin archetype for the Slayer, could I drop the Assassin’s Eye ability (trades Track for Scout Sphere), allowing me to take another archetype that replaces Track?
    Chaotic Good, probably

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Alright.

Taking the 36pb, as none of my rolls equal more than a 22. I think the first is actually a -2 point buy.

I am floating an idea to play a Luminari Executioner. If this were fourth edition than imagine an Avenger of Pelor the Burning Hate.

I'm flip flopping between using Unchained Monk, Inquisitor, Ranger, Warlock, or even Elemental Annihilator Kineticist (which I would use if it worked better with fire but can't because the game won't get to high enough level to learn a composite blast).

Monk is probably the most likely, since with the smorgasboard of feats that I can take (and channel energy as a scorned ability) I can qualify for Crusader's Flurry and flurry with a fullblade (because what isn't dark souls but truly impractical weapons)

As for scorned abilities. Are we limited to base classes for choosing them? Or would you be open to using abilities that we could hypothetically qualify for from prestige classes?
    All Hail Fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    No... no... its... its supposed to be 'then'... NO. DENOMAR OUT. YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING.
    New Sexy Mordrent Avatar via Tiffany Lirle! I bow down to her sense of fun.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by In 4 Dimensions View Post
    For the Guild Assassin archetype for the Slayer, could I drop the Assassin’s Eye ability (trades Track for Scout Sphere), allowing me to take another archetype that replaces Track?
    Sure, go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Denomar View Post
    Alright.

Taking the 36pb, as none of my rolls equal more than a 22. I think the first is actually a -2 point buy.

I am floating an idea to play a Luminari Executioner. If this were fourth edition than imagine an Avenger of Pelor the Burning Hate.

I'm flip flopping between using Unchained Monk, Inquisitor, Ranger, Warlock, or even Elemental Annihilator Kineticist (which I would use if it worked better with fire but can't because the game won't get to high enough level to learn a composite blast).

Monk is probably the most likely, since with the smorgasboard of feats that I can take (and channel energy as a scorned ability) I can qualify for Crusader's Flurry and flurry with a fullblade (because what isn't dark souls but truly impractical weapons)

As for scorned abilities. Are we limited to base classes for choosing them? Or would you be open to using abilities that we could hypothetically qualify for from prestige classes?
    Throughout play you'll acquire Potentials, some of which can allow you to further your class ability advancement to acquire any manner of skills/abilities even beyond 6th level, so don't completely take kineticist off the table.

Fullblade silliness sounds fun lol

Scorned abilities can net you PrC class abilities. Scorned slots are not limited to base classes or any associated prerequisites with your selection other than those listed for Scorned slots themselves, so feel free to comb through PrCs.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Requesting this 3.5 feat.
    Chaotic Good, probably

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

Requesting this 3.5 feat.
    Approved. Go for it.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mornings View Post
    Approved. Go for it.
    Wonderful.

A question about the Scorned abilities: if I would gain an ability that modifies something in a class that’s gained at an earlier level, would I gain that ability? For example, I’m thinking about taking my level 7 of Troubadour, which gives me 3 Persona Quirks, and the Superior Actor ability, which both add on to the Persona ability of the Troubadour. Would I gain that ability with the level 7 modifications, or would that level just do nothing for me?
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2019-02-25 at 09:28 AM.
    Chaotic Good, probably

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

Wonderful.

A question about the Scorned abilities: if I would gain an ability that modifies something in a class that’s gained at an earlier level, would I gain that ability? For example, I’m thinking about taking my level 7 of Troubadour, which gives me 3 Persona Quirks, and the Superior Actor ability, which both add on to the Persona ability of the Troubadour. Would I gain that ability with the level 7 modifications, or would that level just do nothing for me?
    The Scorned slot would not grant you additional abilities related to your selection that would have been received if you level normally. This extends further to abilities which function off resources granted from other abilities. Example, taking ninja tricks with your scorned slot doesnt provide you the ki pool to use them, however your choice is still keyed to that pool from that class, so if you were to take ninja for its ki pool, then take the rogue swap listed in the 16 for ki pool again (which counts as ninja) your Scorned ability could function from both.

But yeah, for your purpose it wouldnt function appropriately.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Bugbear in the Playground

This seems too interesting to pass up.

Spoiler: Set 1
    Show

(4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[16]
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[16]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[12]

Spoiler: Set 2
    Show

(4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[16]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[8]

Spoiler: Set 3
    Show

(4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[17]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[16]

Spoiler: Set 4
    Show

(4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[16]
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[6]

Spoiler: Set 5
    Show

(4d6b3)[17]
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[17]
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[16]

9. - Top - End - #69

Sure, go for it.
    Throughout play you'll acquire Potentials, some of which can allow you to further your class ability advancement to acquire any manner of skills/abilities even beyond 6th level, so don't completely take kineticist off the table.
    A philosophy I have is that whenever I make a character I want to fulfill its primary conceit as soon as possible. I had a character that didn’t “turn on” so to speak until level 14 once. Boy was that a mistake. Anyways, by RAW an elemental annihilator cannot use energy blasts with devastating infusion and thus the character would be without a giant flame blade until potentially a very long time (especially in play by post)

I am going to PM you so I can make my requests under the table.
    All Hail Fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    No... no... its... its supposed to be 'then'... NO. DENOMAR OUT. YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING.
    New Sexy Mordrent Avatar via Tiffany Lirle! I bow down to her sense of fun.

10. - Top - End - #70

How would the Omen Rider's Spectral Steed work as a Scorned ability? Would you be able to use its final clause (about making movement on your behalf when you initiate maneuvers which give that) with maneuvers from another class? Since it doesn't specify Harbinger maneuvers, as far as I can see if you multiclassed into Omen Rider normally you'd get to use it on all your maneuvers.

While it's far less important, I assume that the initiation modifier is fixed at intelligence, though...?

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by pi4t View Post
    How would the Omen Rider's Spectral Steed work as a Scorned ability? Would you be able to use its final clause (about making movement on your behalf when you initiate maneuvers which give that) with maneuvers from another class? Since it doesn't specify Harbinger maneuvers, as far as I can see if you multiclassed into Omen Rider normally you'd get to use it on all your maneuvers.

While it's far less important, I assume that the initiation modifier is fixed at intelligence, though...?
    Ah, omen rider, being a horseman of the apocalypse is always fun. In general I'd allow your horse to move when you initiate a Maneuver from any martial tradition regardless of the class, so that would extend to your scorned ability if you were to pick it up.

Initiation Modifiers are still locked to whatever the class's respective modifier would be, just like traditional casting still uses their respective casting modifier.

12. - Top - End - #72

Ah, omen rider, being a horseman of the apocalypse is always fun. In general I'd allow your horse to move when you initiate a Maneuver from any martial tradition regardless of the class, so that would extend to your scorned ability if you were to pick it up.

Initiation Modifiers are still locked to whatever the class's respective modifier would be, just like traditional casting still uses their respective casting modifier.
    Excellent. In that case, I'm now toying with the idea of a Zealot, with the horse from Omen Rider, the weapon from Fiendbound Marauder (which helpfully offers reach without the usual doughnut issues, plus flavour) and the (anti)paladin's charisma to saves as scorned abilities. None are actually particularly high level, but...eh, they're strong and synergise well with the zealot, and with this game's mechanics. And have a cohesive flavour. The character would be unusual in his use of melee combat, relying on his maneuvers and reach to protect him while he charges at his opponents, who are hopefully using ranged weapons and suddenly regretting it.

Edit: Just to check, if I took the spirit steed as (say) my "7th level" scorned ability, I'd get the move speed increases, etc, as if I was a 7th level Omen Rider, right?

Also, I don't suppose I can persuade you to allow me to take the Spirit Steed at 9th level (giving it a fly speed) in acknowledgement that my other scorned abilities are levels 1 and 2?
    Last edited by pi4t; 2019-02-25 at 12:36 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

The Scorned slot would not grant you additional abilities related to your selection that would have been received if you level normally. This extends further to abilities which function off resources granted from other abilities. Example, taking ninja tricks with your scorned slot doesnt provide you the ki pool to use them, however your choice is still keyed to that pool from that class, so if you were to take ninja for its ki pool, then take the rogue swap listed in the 16 for ki pool again (which counts as ninja) your Scorned ability could function from both.

But yeah, for your purpose it wouldnt function appropriately.
    Okay. Am I allowed to take a lower-level ability with my Scorned ability? As in, can I take level 1 Troubadour with my level 6 Scorned ability?
    Chaotic Good, probably

14. - Top - End - #74

Hmmmmm, there are a lot of things I could do with this....

Before I settle on something specific, I'd like to ask a question that I'm sure the answer will be NO, first.

Have you seen the works of Mr. Clinton J. Boomer? They seem like they would fit this setting rather well...

15. - Top - End - #75

I remember being interested in this when you advertised it the first time. Going to give this another look, maybe coming up with something different.
    Spoiler: Dice rolls
    Show

[roll]4d6b3[/roll]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

[roll]4d6b3[/roll]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

[roll]4d6b3[/roll]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

[roll]4d6b3[/roll]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

[roll]4d6b3[/roll]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

Lol, ignore those. Forgot you can't edit dice rolls onto a post.
    Last edited by Michael7123; 2019-02-25 at 01:24 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76

Alright, time for actual dice rolls.

Spoiler: Dice take 2
    Show

(4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[8]
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[17]

(4d6b3)[7]
    (4d6b3)[16]
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[16]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[11]

(4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[9]
    (4d6b3)[8]
    (4d6b3)[16]

(4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[8]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[14]

(4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[8]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[16]
    (4d6b3)[12]

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Excellent. In that case, I'm now toying with the idea of a Zealot, with the horse from Omen Rider, the weapon from Fiendbound Marauder (which helpfully offers reach without the usual doughnut issues, plus flavour) and the (anti)paladin's charisma to saves as scorned abilities. None are actually particularly high level, but...eh, they're strong and synergise well with the zealot, and with this game's mechanics. And have a cohesive flavour. The character would be unusual in his use of melee combat, relying on his maneuvers and reach to protect him while he charges at his opponents, who are hopefully using ranged weapons and suddenly regretting it.

Edit: Just to check, if I took the spirit steed as (say) my "7th level" scorned ability, I'd get the move speed increases, etc, as if I was a 7th level Omen Rider, right?

Also, I don't suppose I can persuade you to allow me to take the Spirit Steed at 9th level (giving it a fly speed) in acknowledgement that my other scorned abilities are levels 1 and 2?
    Yes you'd get the benefits on the steed as if you were 7th level. No you can't take 9th level steed just because you've opted for lower level abilities. You'll get higher level abilities/advancements as you progress.

Okay. Am I allowed to take a lower-level ability with my Scorned ability? As in, can I take level 1 Troubadour with my level 6 Scorned ability?
    Of course. Fairly sure it annotated that in the scorned tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarthrax View Post
    Hmmmmm, there are a lot of things I could do with this....

Before I settle on something specific, I'd like to ask a question that I'm sure the answer will be NO, first.

Have you seen the works of Mr. Clinton J. Boomer? They seem like they would fit this setting rather well...
    Seen Boomer feats before, what about em? Most generally seem intent on serving as potential plot devices or are generally unusable for most games on PCs.

18. - Top - End - #78

Seen Boomer feats before, what about em? Most generally seem intent on serving as potential plot devices or are generally unusable for most games on PCs.
    Most DMs react with a "Hell NO" when I ask, so wanted to make sure that they were a possibility for requesting before I started dreaming up a character submission....lol

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zarthrax View Post
    Most DMs react with a "Hell NO" when I ask, so wanted to make sure that they were a possibility for requesting before I started dreaming up a character submission....lol
    I'm open to ideas, some of the feats are actually really good potential plot devices. They just don't always fit with every kind of game, or every kind of character. When they do work though, can make for some very unique encounters.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, after a lot of typing (four pages?!?)... I think I'm ready to present Reive (and all his various faces) and Nesta!

Spoiler: The Soul-Split Stranger
    Show

Spoiler: Reive (Base Persona)
    Show
    All this replacing… discarding my face in this hollow tune… we bow before a fake, for goodness sake. Where’s the pride when we needed it to carry away?
    Race Half-Elf Alignment NG Gender Male Age 27

Spoiler: Description
    Show
    Clad in violet clothing and with an unslung bow at his side, this dark-haired half-elf man always seems to be holding himself back in all ways – physically, with bowed shoulders, emotionally, with emerald eyes that refuse to make contact with anyone, and mentally, with pale lips pursed and silent. On the rare occasion when he does speak, his voice is hoarse from disuse, and he stammers over every other word.

Spoiler: Personality
    Show
    Reive is the original, the first person in this body, the one that was born with it, and the one that feels the most burdened by his other personas – even though he only knows of two. Since his time held by the Inquisitors, he has changed. People that once knew him as a smiling man always good for a joke can now see the burden imprisonment has taken. For Reive, this burden comes in the form of what he acknowledges as a dark alter ego: Wolf. At times, his timidity gets the best of him, and he hides himself behind a shield of innocence and purity as the unscathed Rabbit. When he must fight, he keeps a tiny, glowing orb of light at his side – a spirit named Nesta, who has sworn for some reason to keep him alive until his curse is lifted.

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show
    He was born somewhere, to someone. Of course he had to have been, that was how everyone came into the world. But where and who are answers Reive doesn’t know. He was raised in an orphanage run by a temple of Desna, brought up by the clerics there. And if there was any one thing he got from living his childhood there – it was an adventurer’s spirit. One didn’t simply grow up hearing about the Goddess of Travel all the time and never wanting to see the world for themselves, after all! And so, it was as soon as the half-elf reached maturity that he set out on his own.
    He quickly – perhaps foolishly – found himself entangled with the Cotton Club. Things were good for a while, he took on jobs, was successful enough in his work, but then…
    …then, he wasn’t entirely sure what happened. He just knew that he woke in a cell, the Cotton Club never came for him, and he spent the next four years in hell with a curse he didn’t understand how or why he’d gotten. Alone and not alone at the same time, with his sanity frayed and other voices besides his own inside his head, he rotted in that cell... until the chance to be free once more finally came. Now… he just wants to know what happened. Why was he left behind? Who was to blame for everything that’s happened? And most importantly… how can he ever fix himself?

Spoiler: Rabbit (The Fool)
    Show
    This life did not choose us, it chose to consume us: to ready for the day we march with dread beneath the sway –
    Race Human Alignment CG Gender Female Age 15

Show
    Even with a blue scarf that covers most of her face and light blonde hair, this young girl’s bright green eyes peek out from within the fabric alight with something between cowardice and curiosity, and they betray wisdom beyond her years. Her hands are constantly clenching and unclenching at her sides, gripping the hem of her shirt, or pressed tightly together, a constant little tremble present in her fingers. At her side is a small, glowing orb of light – Nesta, keeping the girl company with its healing light and warm presence.

Show
    Rabbit is, in a word – the fool. She is the epitome of the Shakespearean model, a young, innocent seeming-creature that is quick with quips and able to lighten the mood of her friends. But she also possesses a layer deeper than that, a retention of knowledge from all of her various personas and the ability to see them for what they truly are. Rabbit is the only one in this body with all the cards – only she knows everything about all the others.

Show
    Created at the same time as Wolf, Rabbit was also formed out of necessity. She was created to serve as some sort of preservation of Reive’s innocence and purity – and it is for this reason that she appears as nothing more than a child. Rabbit, however, knows that Reive’s perception of her is a bit skewed by his desires – she is not nearly as child-like as she seems on the surface, but allows Reive to retreat within the part of their mind that is hers whenever he feels the need, regardless. She knows Legend as the bravest of them, but also the most foolish, and Wolf as the strongest, but also the most desperate and unfeeling. Reive is the most creative and flexible, though in some ways… he is even more fragile than she is. She sees each of the pros and cons of the others, and views none as wholly good or wholly evil. In the same way – she always gives others the benefit of the doubt, and while she shows caution around strangers – seeing it as her responsibility, as the smartest of them all, to protect the other personas – she will gladly fall in line with others if they prove themselves trustworthy. It was she that formed the connection with Nesta to help keep herself and the others alive, and, in her subconscious way, passed the information on how to summon the spirit to the others.

Spoiler: Legend (The Hero)
    Show
    I’ve laid in here for the longest time; the deadliest choir chimes for my awakening! This reckoning will see the light tonight!
    Race Elf Alignment LG Gender Male Age 175

Show
    Standing tall with shoulders squared and a confident smile on his face, this blond, masked stranger seems to do everything with a flourish and grand derring-do – right down to the way he unsheathes his sword or nocks an arrow to his bow. His blue eyes gleam with pride – and perhaps a bit of arrogance – and he walks as though he is convinced the steps of his stride cast tremors in his wake.

Show
    Of all the personas sharing this body, Legend is the most demonstrative and loud. He is sure of himself and his abilities, and falls naturally into the chivalrous role of the Hero. He defends the weak, and is most of all bent on protecting his little Rabbit from the evil Wolf – seeming to believe with his full heart that these two people are separate individuals from him. Now, he works harder than ever to prove his worth – driven on by the failings in his past.

Show
    Legend was created unconsciously be Reive during his time as a Gale. While Reive, in full consciousness of his capabilities, signed on with the Cotton Club, it was Legend who dared to take on the most difficult of missions, and both Reive and Legend’s personalities were witnessed by their former associates. While Reive has no knowledge of Legend, Legend does know about Reive – and in his magnanimous nature, always signed off on missions in Reive’s name. There is no paper trail for Legend within the Cotton Club because of this, but former Gales know – when they see Reive don the mask, it’s Legend time, baby!
    And that… might not exactly be a good thing. For it was Legend – not Reive – that got them all into this… curse mess. One bold charge in the wrong place had led to the death of his entire team, and so of course… Legend had to pay. Cayla assured that he got what he desered. Which meant Reive, and all the others, were given the curse, and went with him into imprisonment.

Spoiler: Wolf (The Villian)
    Show
    And when the ashes have spread apart… it is then… I’ll take out his heart…
    Race Drow Alignment N Gender Male Age 201

Spoiler: *Note About Wolf*
    Show
    He is not yet “active” for play, as Reive won’t get a new persona until next level. However, I’ve decided to go ahead and note down everything about the one he will be picking up, as it is important to character development and backstory. He may be referenced by Reive’s other personalities, but will not come into play until the crunch catches up with the fluff. In the character’s mind, Wolf already exists and is a part of him – just not a part that comes out to play very often.

Show
    Dark-skinned, dark-haired, and red-eyed, this forlorn, Scorned man exudes an aura of the unnatural around himself – to a nearly malevolent degree. His sharpened teeth show in a smirk, and the wickedly sharp, curved sword in his hand dares any passerby to test their luck against him.

Show
    Wolf is the darkest force sharing this body. While he is not evil – he survives. He hungers. He thrives, and he will continue to thrive in the face of anything the world can throw at him. He is resolute in his determination to make sure that, at the end of each day, he is still breathing. He will kill without hesitation when his life is threatened, just the same as he will fight to defend those people and things he deems necessary for his own survival. He views the only other persona he knows about – Reive – as a pitiful creature that needs him in order to live.

Show
    Wolf was born from necessity, consciously created by Reive as a survival mechanism during his time imprisoned by the Inquisition and thereafter maintained as a coping method for being one of the Scorned. It is Wolf that best handles the curse, and when it triggers, Wolf is the one that will take care of everything. He will kill, he will consume, and he will keep them all from falling off the edge into insanity and undeath. He is the one that ensures the other three, more “fragile” personas will live. Wolf himself, however, is only conscious of Reive’s presence inside this body with him – Wolf has no knowledge of Rabbit or Legend’s existence. But even if he found out about them – his drive would not change. Wolf survives. If the world burns, and the seas swallow Golarian… Wolf survives.
    Last edited by hannahbbug3; 2019-02-25 at 05:26 PM.
    S C R E A M I N G is always a free action.

If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

-Guy, "How to be a Great Game Master"

21. - Top - End - #81
    Halfling in the Playground

MonkGuy

I realize that this is likely to be shot down, but, the flavor seems to fit exactly what I'm looking for; and hey, you always miss 100% of the shots you don't take, or so I've heard. So two questions:

Mornings, would you at allow the Magilith archetype? I really like the idea of a magical battery for my character- someone who's essence is raw magic, instead of soul/life/all that good stuff.

Secondly, if possibly allowed, would you consider letting it play as an Arcanist archetype instead of the Sorcerer archetype- the Arcanist equates an exploit to a 1st level bloodline power, so giving up an exploit (in addition to the rest the archetype gives up) seems to play fair in my mind. Or anything else you may feel is fair, I'm game.

Just a thought! Thanks for the consideration!

22. - Top - End - #82

At this point, I’m strongly considering making my character an off worlder. With this in mind- any off worlder would have to arrived on Golarion in 4687 AR, during the long night, right? If not, is there any time restriction for how long someone would have to have been on Golarion from another world?

23. - Top - End - #83

Does anyone know of a way to speed up Treat Deadly Wounds from the Heal skill? I might take the Medicine Subdomain as one of my scorned powers but I wanted to make certain before I committed to that.
    -~DM~-
    Fairy Tales of the Occident
    A narrative-focused weird west campaign with ghosts and samurai and stuff.
    My Art!
    Currently Playing
    Clover - Cayden's Cheerful Company (IC)
    Evelyn Kristeva - Exploration of Yrannia (IC)
    Kazik - Prologue to the End (IC)

24. - Top - End - #84

Quote Originally Posted by Chromascope3D View Post
    Does anyone know of a way to speed up Treat Deadly Wounds from the Heal skill? I might take the Medicine Subdomain as one of my scorned powers but I wanted to make certain before I committed to that.
    The Medic rogue archetype will achieve a similar effect, if it's allowed. Alternatively/additionally, the Medic (not on the SRD, sadly) improves the effects of Treat Deadly Wounds, in addition to giving Path of War fun. It doesn't seem to decrease the time to do the treating, but does allow you to treat lots of people at the same time. Both of these focus on mundane healing.

25. - Top - End - #85

The Medic rogue archetype will achieve a similar effect, if it's allowed. Alternatively/additionally, the Medic (not on the SRD, sadly) improves the effects of Treat Deadly Wounds, in addition to giving Path of War fun. It doesn't seem to decrease the time to do the treating, but does allow you to treat lots of people at the same time. Both of these focus on mundane healing.
    Oh yeah, the Medic class in the Final Fantasy homebrew has a similar ability to that second one, and while I do think it'd be really funny to be a Medic of Zon-Kuthon (and actually surprisingly appropriate), it isn't quite the flavor I had in mind for the character. :p

Thanks though!
    Last edited by Chromascope3D; 2019-02-25 at 07:38 PM.
    -~DM~-
    My Art!
    Currently Playing

26. - Top - End - #86

Currently working on putting together an arcanist.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm, still deciding on what class works best for my concept.

For the Wraith class, could I whip up a simple martial archetype? Something like:
    Spoiler: Phantasmal Blade
    Show

While your magical abilities are weaker than most of your ilk, you’ve made up for it with powerful martial training.
    Modifications:
    • Good Fort and Will saves; bad Reflex saves
    • Full BaB
    • Low-Caster, swaps CHA for INT
    • Trades Possession (both active and passive, and extraordinary/supernatural/SLA/Magical possession) for Blended Training (1 talent/level, can be spent on magic or martial spheres)

Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2019-03-09 at 04:37 PM.
    Chaotic Good, probably

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hannahbbug3 View Post
    Well, after a lot of typing (four pages?!?)... I think I'm ready to present Reive (and all his various faces) and Nesta!

Spoiler: The Soul-Split Stranger
    Show

Spoiler: Reive (Base Persona)
    Show
    All this replacing… discarding my face in this hollow tune… we bow before a fake, for goodness sake. Where’s the pride when we needed it to carry away?
    Race Half-Elf Alignment NG Gender Male Age 27

Show
    Clad in violet clothing and with an unslung bow at his side, this dark-haired half-elf man always seems to be holding himself back in all ways – physically, with bowed shoulders, emotionally, with emerald eyes that refuse to make contact with anyone, and mentally, with pale lips pursed and silent. On the rare occasion when he does speak, his voice is hoarse from disuse, and he stammers over every other word.

Show
    Reive is the original, the first person in this body, the one that was born with it, and the one that feels the most burdened by his other personas – even though he only knows of two. Since his time held by the Inquisitors, he has changed. People that once knew him as a smiling man always good for a joke can now see the burden imprisonment has taken. For Reive, this burden comes in the form of what he acknowledges as a dark alter ego: Wolf. At times, his timidity gets the best of him, and he hides himself behind a shield of innocence and purity as the unscathed Rabbit. When he must fight, he keeps a tiny, glowing orb of light at his side – a spirit named Nesta, who has sworn for some reason to keep him alive until his curse is lifted.

Show
    He was born somewhere, to someone. Of course he had to have been, that was how everyone came into the world. But where and who are answers Reive doesn’t know. He was raised in an orphanage run by a temple of Desna, brought up by the clerics there. And if there was any one thing he got from living his childhood there – it was an adventurer’s spirit. One didn’t simply grow up hearing about the Goddess of Travel all the time and never wanting to see the world for themselves, after all! And so, it was as soon as the half-elf reached maturity that he set out on his own.
    He quickly – perhaps foolishly – found himself entangled with the Cotton Club. Things were good for a while, he took on jobs, was successful enough in his work, but then…
    …then, he wasn’t entirely sure what happened. He just knew that he woke in a cell, the Cotton Club never came for him, and he spent the next four years in hell with a curse he didn’t understand how or why he’d gotten. Alone and not alone at the same time, with his sanity frayed and other voices besides his own inside his head, he rotted in that cell... until the chance to be free once more finally came. Now… he just wants to know what happened. Why was he left behind? Who was to blame for everything that’s happened? And most importantly… how can he ever fix himself?

Spoiler: Rabbit (The Fool)
    Show
    This life did not choose us, it chose to consume us: to ready for the day we march with dread beneath the sway –
    Race Human Alignment CG Gender Female Age 15

Show
    Even with a blue scarf that covers most of her face and light blonde hair, this young girl’s bright green eyes peek out from within the fabric alight with something between cowardice and curiosity, and they betray wisdom beyond her years. Her hands are constantly clenching and unclenching at her sides, gripping the hem of her shirt, or pressed tightly together, a constant little tremble present in her fingers. At her side is a small, glowing orb of light – Nesta, keeping the girl company with its healing light and warm presence.

Show
    Rabbit is, in a word – the fool. She is the epitome of the Shakespearean model, a young, innocent seeming-creature that is quick with quips and able to lighten the mood of her friends. But she also possesses a layer deeper than that, a retention of knowledge from all of her various personas and the ability to see them for what they truly are. Rabbit is the only one in this body with all the cards – only she knows everything about all the others.

Show
    Created at the same time as Wolf, Rabbit was also formed out of necessity. She was created to serve as some sort of preservation of Reive’s innocence and purity – and it is for this reason that she appears as nothing more than a child. Rabbit, however, knows that Reive’s perception of her is a bit skewed by his desires – she is not nearly as child-like as she seems on the surface, but allows Reive to retreat within the part of their mind that is hers whenever he feels the need, regardless. She knows Legend as the bravest of them, but also the most foolish, and Wolf as the strongest, but also the most desperate and unfeeling. Reive is the most creative and flexible, though in some ways… he is even more fragile than she is. She sees each of the pros and cons of the others, and views none as wholly good or wholly evil. In the same way – she always gives others the benefit of the doubt, and while she shows caution around strangers – seeing it as her responsibility, as the smartest of them all, to protect the other personas – she will gladly fall in line with others if they prove themselves trustworthy. It was she that formed the connection with Nesta to help keep herself and the others alive, and, in her subconscious way, passed the information on how to summon the spirit to the others.

Spoiler: Legend (The Hero)
    Show
    I’ve laid in here for the longest time; the deadliest choir chimes for my awakening! This reckoning will see the light tonight!
    Race Elf Alignment LG Gender Male Age 175

Show
    Standing tall with shoulders squared and a confident smile on his face, this blond, masked stranger seems to do everything with a flourish and grand derring-do – right down to the way he unsheathes his sword or nocks an arrow to his bow. His blue eyes gleam with pride – and perhaps a bit of arrogance – and he walks as though he is convinced the steps of his stride cast tremors in his wake.

Show
    Of all the personas sharing this body, Legend is the most demonstrative and loud. He is sure of himself and his abilities, and falls naturally into the chivalrous role of the Hero. He defends the weak, and is most of all bent on protecting his little Rabbit from the evil Wolf – seeming to believe with his full heart that these two people are separate individuals from him. Now, he works harder than ever to prove his worth – driven on by the failings in his past.

Show
    Legend was created unconsciously be Reive during his time as a Gale. While Reive, in full consciousness of his capabilities, signed on with the Cotton Club, it was Legend who dared to take on the most difficult of missions, and both Reive and Legend’s personalities were witnessed by their former associates. While Reive has no knowledge of Legend, Legend does know about Reive – and in his magnanimous nature, always signed off on missions in Reive’s name. There is no paper trail for Legend within the Cotton Club because of this, but former Gales know – when they see Reive don the mask, it’s Legend time, baby!
    And that… might not exactly be a good thing. For it was Legend – not Reive – that got them all into this… curse mess. One bold charge in the wrong place had led to the death of his entire team, and so of course… Legend had to pay. Cayla assured that he got what he desered. Which meant Reive, and all the others, were given the curse, and went with him into imprisonment.

Spoiler: Wolf (The Villian)
    Show
    And when the ashes have spread apart… it is then… I’ll take out his heart…
    Race Drow Alignment N Gender Male Age 201

Spoiler: *Note About Wolf*
    Show
    He is not yet “active” for play, as Reive won’t get a new persona until next level. However, I’ve decided to go ahead and note down everything about the one he will be picking up, as it is important to character development and backstory. He may be referenced by Reive’s other personalities, but will not come into play until the crunch catches up with the fluff. In the character’s mind, Wolf already exists and is a part of him – just not a part that comes out to play very often.

Show
    Dark-skinned, dark-haired, and red-eyed, this forlorn, Scorned man exudes an aura of the unnatural around himself – to a nearly malevolent degree. His sharpened teeth show in a smirk, and the wickedly sharp, curved sword in his hand dares any passerby to test their luck against him.

Show
    Wolf is the darkest force sharing this body. While he is not evil – he survives. He hungers. He thrives, and he will continue to thrive in the face of anything the world can throw at him. He is resolute in his determination to make sure that, at the end of each day, he is still breathing. He will kill without hesitation when his life is threatened, just the same as he will fight to defend those people and things he deems necessary for his own survival. He views the only other persona he knows about – Reive – as a pitiful creature that needs him in order to live.

Show
    Wolf was born from necessity, consciously created by Reive as a survival mechanism during his time imprisoned by the Inquisition and thereafter maintained as a coping method for being one of the Scorned. It is Wolf that best handles the curse, and when it triggers, Wolf is the one that will take care of everything. He will kill, he will consume, and he will keep them all from falling off the edge into insanity and undeath. He is the one that ensures the other three, more “fragile” personas will live. Wolf himself, however, is only conscious of Reive’s presence inside this body with him – Wolf has no knowledge of Rabbit or Legend’s existence. But even if he found out about them – his drive would not change. Wolf survives. If the world burns, and the seas swallow Golarian… Wolf survives.
    Looks interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis P View Post
    I realize that this is likely to be shot down, but, the flavor seems to fit exactly what I'm looking for; and hey, you always miss 100% of the shots you don't take, or so I've heard. So two questions:

Mornings, would you at allow the Magilith archetype? I really like the idea of a magical battery for my character- someone who's essence is raw magic, instead of soul/life/all that good stuff.

Secondly, if possibly allowed, would you consider letting it play as an Arcanist archetype instead of the Sorcerer archetype- the Arcanist equates an exploit to a 1st level bloodline power, so giving up an exploit (in addition to the rest the archetype gives up) seems to play fair in my mind. Or anything else you may feel is fair, I'm game.

Just a thought! Thanks for the consideration!
    Approved.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael7123 View Post
    At this point, I’m strongly considering making my character an off worlder. With this in mind- any off worlder would have to arrived on Golarion in 4687 AR, during the long night, right? If not, is there any time restriction for how long someone would have to have been on Golarion from another world?
    A small handful of Offworlders showed up a year before the Long Night in 4686, so you have between then and 4707 to play with.

For the Wraith class, could I whip up a simple martial archetype? Something like:
    Show

While your magical abilities are weaker than most of your ilk, you’ve made up for it with powerful martial training.
    Modifications:
    • Full BaB
    • Trades Possession (both active and passive, and extraordinary/supernatural/SLA/Magical possession) for Blended Training (1 talent/level, can be spent on magic or martial spheres)

That's fine, go for it.

If i haven't gotten to the PMs you've sent me today yet, i'm still working on going through my inbox. I'll have you a reply shortly.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Chromascope3D View Post
    Oh yeah, the Medic class in the Final Fantasy homebrew has a similar ability to that second one, and while I do think it'd be really funny to be a Medic of Zon-Kuthon (and actually surprisingly appropriate), it isn't quite the flavor I had in mind for the character. :p

Thanks though!
    The medic had been the first thing that came to mind, but there's also a sphere ability which is Ex and provides healing as well. As long as it's not a Su ability, SLA or some variation of magic, then for all intents and purposes you've got mundane healing. There's other 3pp options out there, but I can't really remember what other mundane healing class features accelerate the 'treat deadly wounds' action off the top of my head, though i'm fairly sure i've seen it.
    Last edited by Mornings; 2019-02-25 at 08:32 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Show

Modifications:
    • Full BaB

Oh, one thing I forgot to include: when you would gain Path Possession/Improved Path Possession/Greater Path Possession, you instead gain a magic or martial talent or sphere of your choice. (I’d mark it as Haunt Talent on my sheet.) Is that okay?
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2019-02-25 at 09:15 PM.
    Chaotic Good, probably

30. - Top - End - #90

The medic had been the first thing that came to mind, but there's also a sphere ability which is Ex and provides healing as well. As long as it's not a Su ability, SLA or some variation of magic, then for all intents and purposes you've got mundane healing. There's other 3pp options out there, but I can't really remember what other mundane healing class features accelerate the 'treat deadly wounds' action off the top of my head, though i'm fairly sure i've seen it.
    Ah, I don't think there are any mundane means, then, if Google is anything to go by. Besides the Medicine Domain, the only other first party thing I could find is this feat, but it's also an SU effect.

I was mainly interested in Treat Deadly Wounds specifically so as to make fuller use of Battlefield Surgeon. I'm not too familiar with third party stuff besides that, though, I could see that medic ability working, if modifying a skill action counts as an activated ability.

EDIT: OH, I forgot Medical Training! Duh. :p
    Last edited by Chromascope3D; 2019-02-25 at 09:56 PM.
    -~DM~-
    My Art!
    Currently Playing