Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

I am glad that everyone else is doing well.

My provicial politics (Alberta, Canada) has burned me out. I was genuinily sick to my stomatch last night.

Here's hoping I can stay on track to wrap up this week.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Maybe. But come on, I'm a fat nerdy boy/girl, I thought the popular ones were meant to be the ones with muscles and large chests.

In all seriousness, I know that there's a decent portion of the population either into that or which just doesn't care. But it still feels weird to be considered pretty.
    Maybe some people just want a long term relationship with someone with similar interests. An interest which can often mean a shared activity that doesn't involve getting wasted or changing out of pajama pants. I mean, pig sky diving probably doesn't lead to much talking to one another and you have to be decent else you'd get weird looks.

Through I'd find it hilarious if plenty of those were Americans. I wonder if any other country has a fascination with accents?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oko and Qailee View Post
    Man, I like this tiefling.
    For all of your completely and utterly honest needs. Zaydos made, Tiefling approved.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Maybe some people just want a long term relationship with someone with similar interests. An interest which can often mean a shared activity that doesn't involve getting wasted or changing out of pajama pants. I mean, pig sky diving probably doesn't lead to much talking to one another and you have to be decent else you'd get weird looks.

Through I'd find it hilarious if plenty of those were Americans. I wonder if any other country has a fascination with accents?
    There probably is something like that everywhere, but the New World tends to really emphasise heritage more ontesely thsn their Old World counterparts. At least when looking at European culture. Perhaps other places have a different experience.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Firbolg in the Playground

Well I've actually been talking to my ex. This is weird and I'm not sure I like it.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ettin in the Playground

Well I've actually been talking to my ex. This is weird and I'm not sure I like it.
    Remember, it's fine to disengage politely if you cannot handle it. It's fine to just check in on her and leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oko and Qailee View Post
    Man, I like this tiefling.
    For all of your completely and utterly honest needs. Zaydos made, Tiefling approved.

6. - Top - End - #516

Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Remember, it's fine to disengage politely if you cannot handle it. It's fine to just check in on her and leave.
    I know, but I want to talk to her again. I want to be her friend, and I've still got feelings for her, even though she's probably moved on and we'll never get back together.

It hurts. But it hurts less than not talking to her at all. Because apparently I don't move on at all.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

7. - Top - End - #517
    Titan in the Playground

I know, but I want to talk to her again. I want to be her friend, and I've still got feelings for her, even though she's probably moved on and we'll never get back together.

It hurts. But it hurts less than not talking to her at all. Because apparently I don't move on at all.
    Well that's a thorny field if I ever saw one. Was the breakup mutual? If not were you the instigator? Because in both those scenarios, there were likely good and solid reasons to end the relationship that you should remind yourself of (I'm not saying that old relationships should never be rekindled, just saying to make sure to do it with eyes open). If she was the instigator, then the same thing likely applies but it becomes even rockier.
    Cuthalion's avatars rock. Like this very fine dragon he made me.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Halfling in the Playground

I am stoked because this month, college has been going wonderfully. Received the outstanding achievement in Arabic award, got first place in a Business presentation competition, completed a program that will look great on a resume, and just now got elected to treasurer of the Arab club... I sent in an application for a study abroad program, fingers crossed that I'll be accepted. I'm working on a Master's in Accounting, a Bachelor's in Finance, and a minor in Arabic, and the study abroad program is a Business/Economics in the UAE... so it sounds absolutely perfect. Let me just pray that fate will keep working in my favor.

I also got a boyfriend, but to be honest, I'm not all that thrilled about it... He'll be moving back to Dubai permanently at the end of the year. The relationship will last that long, inshallah.

Anyone have anything planned for Summer?
    Last edited by Mariele; Yesterday at 08:57 PM.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mariele View Post
    I am stoked because this month, college has been going wonderfully. Received the outstanding achievement in Arabic award, got first place in a Business presentation competition, completed a program that will look great on a resume, and just now got elected to treasurer of the Arab club... I sent in an application for a study abroad program, fingers crossed that I'll be accepted. I'm working on a Master's in Accounting, a Bachelor's in Finance, and a minor in Arabic, and the study abroad program is a Business/Economics in the UAE... so it sounds absolutely perfect. Let me just pray that fate will keep working in my favor.

I also got a boyfriend, but to be honest, I'm not all that thrilled about it... He'll be moving back to Dubai permanently at the end of the year. The relationship will last that long, inshallah.

.... Being envious that I don't have a boyfriend from Dubai.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    .... Being envious that I don't have a boyfriend from Dubai.
    My wife has an "uncle" named Nasser who has offered to get my father-in-law multiple camels in exchange for my sister-in-law. He is somehow connected to the house of Saud, though I can't remember how.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariele View Post
    I'm moving from the Giant Grafitti to the Outskirts of the Imperial District in 6 days. I'm driving through the heart of measles country with an 8-month-old (who we did get an MMR vaccine for) to get there. YAY!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    We should change the collective noun for crocodiles to "an abundance of crocodiles".
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    My wife has an "uncle" named Nasser who has offered to get my father-in-law multiple camels in exchange for my sister-in-law. He is somehow connected to the house of Saud, though I can't remember how.
    Sallah Nasser, I said no camels, that's five camels! Can't you count?!

12. - Top - End - #522

Well I feel like ****. Can't really go into why without breaking down for the third+ time this evening, but suffice to say that it's an awful mixture of depression and heartbreak. No suicidal thoughts yet, but then again I have to sirens tomorrow alone.

It doesn't help that anytime I try to reach out for help with the things that worry me I either get 'oh, it'll work out eventually' or some variation of 'you're just not trying hard enough'. I'm sorry if my inability to concentrate around noise means that every club I've tried to go to has been a painful experience, but that's why I need help!

Show