Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 1483
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    We have absolutely no context and I could see scenarios where their reaction isn't unreasonable, so I'm refraining from making judgement.
    This is fair, I was just cutting him some benefit of the doubt. Maybe it's a mistake, but I'm very tired of being judgemental to people for minor errors.


    Eye-Zodi by Pinkhaired August. I S E E Y O U.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Iruka's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    I would say mauve is a bluish magenta.


    "Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~

    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight

  3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    I may not be on taupe of things but I always thought mauve was a shade if brown :)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

  4. - Top - End - #274
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Originally, mauve was a dye (now known as mauvine), the name of which derives from the French term for the mallow flower. I'd therefore say that the "correct" mauve is either the colour of mauvine:
    Spoiler: Image
    Show

    Or that of the mallow flower:
    Spoiler: Another image
    Show
    NB: While I never mean to offend anybody, sometimes the unfortunate combination of Aspergersism and the inherent difficulty of reading a situation through uninflected text over the internet get in the way of that goal. Please feel free to point out any social faux pas, inappropriate joke timing, etc.

  5. - Top - End - #275
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Insane Jeenyus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I may not be on taupe of things but I always thought mauve was a shade if brown :)
    I have red in art theory that you are not correct. you could color me wrong as my head is beaten so bad from calling a seal an aquamarine, the wind just blue through my ears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sermil View Post

    How many surrealist painters does it take to change a light bulb?

    Soup made from multicolored machine parts
    sig thread is here

  6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Quote Originally Posted by Insane Jeenyus View Post
    I have red in art theory that you are not correct. you could color me wrong as my head is beaten so bad from calling a seal an aquamarine, the wind just blue through my ears.
    :c Well color me purple I guess I will have to indigo to color jail.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

  7. - Top - End - #277
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Insane Jeenyus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    as a violet criminal at the very least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sermil View Post

    How many surrealist painters does it take to change a light bulb?

    Soup made from multicolored machine parts
    sig thread is here

  8. - Top - End - #278
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Caerulea's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Sleeping in a paper bag.

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Than what word from 1919?
    Arithmetic is not my strong suite.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Mauve is a light magenta, not a dark colour. So definitely not mauve .
    Old Mauve then. (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mauve#Old_mauve)

    —Caerulea
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meus est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not a humanoid. Come not be one too.

  9. - Top - End - #279
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Insane Jeenyus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    hey every one, orange you glad the puns aren't getting out of hand?yellow and high if they do get bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sermil View Post

    How many surrealist painters does it take to change a light bulb?

    Soup made from multicolored machine parts
    sig thread is here

  10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground
     
    enderlord99's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    A film shoot.

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    I don't like the sort of "puns" that are actually just replacing one word with another unrelated word that doesn't even sound vermilion similar, thematic or not. As I'm sure you can already tell{,} the word I replaced was "vaguely."
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

    I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

    I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm.
    Explanation here.

  11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    I don't like the sort of "puns" that are actually just replacing one word with another unrelated word that doesn't even sound vermilion similar, thematic or not. As I'm sure you can already tell{,} the word I replaced was "vaguely."
    When you are severely hearing impaired, its surprising what can work as a pun.

  12. - Top - End - #282
    Troll in the Playground
     
    enderlord99's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    A film shoot.

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Quote Originally Posted by Mith View Post
    When you are severely hearing impaired, its surprising what can work as a pun.
    I don't even think being completely deaf would be enough to make those puns work, unless you were also in one of several states that would also make comprehensible text impossible. Said states include getting drunk, having a stoke, being a spambot that accidentally had it "pun" and "alliteration" files mixed up, or all of the above.

    Most of the surrounding content made enough sense for any of those to be unlikely, but not all. WTF does "yellow and high" mean?
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2019-03-18 at 01:54 AM.
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

    I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

    I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm.
    Explanation here.

  13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    I don't like the sort of "puns" that are actually just replacing one word with another unrelated word that doesn't even sound vermilion similar, thematic or not. As I'm sure you can already tell{,} the word I replaced was "vaguely."
    That is kind of the point, the low hanging fruit gets used earlier and then it becomes about how far it can be stretched until it stops making sense.

    I'm tealing you the point of pun offs.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

  14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground
     
    enderlord99's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    A film shoot.

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    That is kind of the point, the low hanging fruit gets used earlier and then it becomes about how far it can be stretched until it stops making sense.

    I'm tealing you the point of pun offs.
    I guess I just prefer puns that are grammatically correct and accurate but sound kind of like words that fit a theme, rather than ones that fit a theme and sound like something that would be grammatically correct and accurate.
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

    I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

    I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm.
    Explanation here.

  15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    I guess I just prefer puns that are grammatically correct and accurate but sound kind of like words that fit a theme, rather than ones that fit a theme and sound like something that would be grammatically correct and accurate.
    That is fair, clearly some of us do enjoy these type of puns though. Peelee and I get in pun fights fairly often for instance (I always lose though.)

    PEELEE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

  16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Peelee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    That is fair, clearly some of us do enjoy these type of puns though. Peelee and I get in pun fights fairly often for instance (I always lose though.)

    PEELEE!!!


    Also, you only lose because you have a greater sense of shame.
    Cuthalion's avatars rock. Like this very fine dragon he made me.

  17. - Top - End - #287
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Teddy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
    Don't be daft. Magenta is the lightest/brightest of the colours made from mixing red and blue light, it's full red and full blue, there is no paler without adding in green light (magenta pigments are rare). This very probably is a language or translation issue.
    "Lightest" and "brightest" are not the same word. I mean "light" in the sense of "more white than the fully saturated counterpart", just as "dark" usually means "more black than the fully saturated counterpart".

    Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
    Your images don't show up.
    I'm well aware of the issue (and that the same goes for my avatar), but I'm also too lazy to find a sustainable platform to rehost my images on, and I continue using them because they show up to people who use browser plugins to scrub referrer info from web requests, myself included. Since they don't show up at all to most people, there's little harm in doing it.

    One day I promise I'll fix it, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    This is fair, I was just cutting him some benefit of the doubt. Maybe it's a mistake, but I'm very tired of being judgemental to people for minor errors.
    I prefer cutting everyone some slack until there's more info on the table.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caerulea View Post
    Ah, yes, that's an entirely different colour than mallow mauve, and a lot closer to beetroot. It also has a much more dominant red component compared to the mallow mauve, which has a slightly dominant blue component.

    And it seems I was mistaken about "mauve", it has slightly older roots than what I first read. Still a pretty contemporary colour in the grand scheme of things.
    Last edited by Teddy; 2019-03-18 at 04:43 PM. Reason: "rödbeta" != "rootbeet"
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

    Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

  18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground
     
    enderlord99's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    A film shoot.

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    I still don't know what "yellow and high" is supposed to mean.
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

    I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

    I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm.
    Explanation here.

  19. - Top - End - #289
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Teddy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    This is looking to become a long and arduous week. I'm working on developing a lot of new code for my project, and I promised them pretty quick results to challenge myself (and to prove myself a good programmer, because I'm not above anxiety). Last Friday, I was struck by a spark of inspiration and laid down a framework for writing the large crunch of code ahead of me in a swift, succinct and easily readable way. As with any tool that makes a complicated task easy, it hid all that complexity behinds its own surface. It was quite a decent feat of engineering, and I was very happy with it.

    Now, the last test run I'd made with it still turned up some errors in the code, and I hadn't had time to test it again after my last corrections before heading home, so I didn't push the changes to the central repositories, holding that off for when I could claim it to be working.

    Last weekend a system update caused a hardware malfunction, irrevocably destroying the development environments for a lot of people, myself included, with no backups and no chance of recovering any data off their local drives. I lost two days of work in that crash, and it took another two days before I got a new development environment so I could resume and try to recover.

    The days so far have felt very thematic with the emotions. Monday was the day of uncertainty, as we didn't yet know very much about the situation apart from some development environments being down. Tuesday was the day of hopelessness, as I learned my hard work was lost, and didn't even have my replacement environment delivered until quite late in the afternoon. Today was the day of frustration, for while I could finally get back to rebuild what I'd lost, I now found that I'd forgotten a few important implementation details forcing me to struggle to reinvent what I knew I'd already written. That, and I had unrelated computer troubles pop up and slow me down.

    I eventually figured it all out, and in the end, my new code turned out a little bit better than the previous, so my frustration has thankfully subsided for most of the part. I ended up staying at work for 11 hours, though, because our scheduled weekly roleplaying session got cancelled when my ride home already had left, and if my evening is going to be bust anyway, I might as well try to squeeze the bustier as tight as possible. ;3

    I wonder under what sign tomorrow will lie. There's definitely going to be a day of pure, undiluted stress, but because I won't have to show anything until Friday, I don't know when I'll actually start feeling that. I live in exciting times...
    Last edited by Teddy; 2019-03-20 at 02:35 PM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

    Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

  20. - Top - End - #290
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    This is looking to become a long and arduous week. I'm working on developing a lot of new code for my project, and I promised them pretty quick results to challenge myself (and to prove myself a good programmer, because I'm not above anxiety). Last Friday, I was struck by a spark of inspiration and laid down a framework for writing the large crunch of code ahead of me in a swift, succinct and easily readable way. As with any tool that makes a complicated task easy, it hid all that complexity behinds its own surface. It was quite a decent feat of engineering, and I was very happy with it.

    Now, the last test run I'd made with it still turned up some errors in the code, and I hadn't had time to test it again after my last corrections before heading home, so I didn't push the changes to the central repositories, holding that off for when I could claim it to be working.

    Last weekend a system update caused a hardware malfunction, irrevocably destroying the development environments for a lot of people, myself included, with no backups and no chance of recovering any data off their local drives. I lost two days of work in that crash, and it took another two days before I got a new development environment so I could resume and try to recover.

    The days so far have felt very thematic with the emotions. Monday was the day of uncertainty, as we didn't yet know very much about the situation apart from some development environments being down. Tuesday was the day of hopelessness, as I learned my hard work was lost, and didn't even have my replacement environment delivered until quite late in the afternoon. Today was the day of frustration, for while I could finally get back to rebuild what I'd lost, I now found that I'd forgotten a few important implementation details forcing me to struggle to reinvent what I knew I'd already written. That, and I had unrelated computer troubles pop up and slow me down.

    I eventually figured it all out, and in the end, my new code turned out a little bit better than the previous, so my frustration has thankfully subsided for most of the part. I ended up staying at work for 11 hours, though, because our scheduled weekly roleplaying session got cancelled when my ride home already had left, and if my evening is going to be bust anyway, I might as well try to squeeze the bustier as tight as possible. ;3

    I wonder under what sign tomorrow will lie. There's definitely going to be a day of pure, undiluted stress, but because I won't have to show anything until Friday, I don't know when I'll actually start feeling that. I live in exciting times...
    If it makes you feel any better, I can suddenly see your profile picture and custom emoticons. If this is true for everyone else, that's a long-running minor problem fixed.
    NB: While I never mean to offend anybody, sometimes the unfortunate combination of Aspergersism and the inherent difficulty of reading a situation through uninflected text over the internet get in the way of that goal. Please feel free to point out any social faux pas, inappropriate joke timing, etc.

  21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DataNinja's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Quote Originally Posted by SZbNAhL View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, I can suddenly see your profile picture and custom emoticons. If this is true for everyone else, that's a long-running minor problem fixed.
    It's not, no. Though apparently some browser or another implemented additional no-tracking software in it a few days ago, so that would probably have something to do with it.
    (Granted, the 'problem' in and of itself is continuing to use Imgur here. It's a shame that all the non-avatar images got caught in the crossfire, though, given that hosting avatars are the only (relevant) thing prohibited by their ToS.)

  22. - Top - End - #292
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    It's not, no. Though apparently some browser or another implemented additional no-tracking software in it a few days ago, so that would probably have something to do with it.
    Ah, that could be it. This is probably the first time I've seen one of Teddy's posts since the latest Firefox update. Still, it's a popular browser, so I suppose it's sort of half-solved the problem?
    NB: While I never mean to offend anybody, sometimes the unfortunate combination of Aspergersism and the inherent difficulty of reading a situation through uninflected text over the internet get in the way of that goal. Please feel free to point out any social faux pas, inappropriate joke timing, etc.

  23. - Top - End - #293
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Insane Jeenyus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    I still don't know what "yellow and high" is supposed to mean.
    at the risk of ruining the pun, yell low and hi, a play on search hi and low.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sermil View Post

    How many surrealist painters does it take to change a light bulb?

    Soup made from multicolored machine parts
    sig thread is here

  24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    It's not easy being a receptionist, I was dealing with a female hostile and rude caller yesterday. She said she wants to call the staff member so I transfer the staff member. She called again and the said member wasn't there so I transfer her to my supervisor. Then she called the third time and got really disrespectful and upset at me that need help with her son to get supported employment. I did the best of my ability to help her and she even got more upset as ever. So I put the phone on the table and I told my other supervisor about the situation and I get her the phone to talk to her and the caller hung up. Wow, this was the very first time that I experience it.

  25. - Top - End - #295
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    It's not easy being a receptionist, I was dealing with a female hostile and rude caller yesterday. She said she wants to call the staff member so I transfer the staff member. She called again and the said member wasn't there so I transfer her to my supervisor. Then she called the third time and got really disrespectful and upset at me that need help with her son to get supported employment. I did the best of my ability to help her and she even got more upset as ever. So I put the phone on the table and I told my other supervisor about the situation and I get her the phone to talk to her and the caller hung up. Wow, this was the very first time that I experience it.
    It's never easy being the barrier between an angry person and the person at whom they're angry. Doing it for a living does not sound fun.
    NB: While I never mean to offend anybody, sometimes the unfortunate combination of Aspergersism and the inherent difficulty of reading a situation through uninflected text over the internet get in the way of that goal. Please feel free to point out any social faux pas, inappropriate joke timing, etc.

  26. - Top - End - #296
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Quote Originally Posted by SZbNAhL View Post
    It's never easy being the barrier between an angry person and the person at whom they're angry. Doing it for a living does not sound fun.
    In all honesty I really like this job. Something different for a change. I kind of knew that something like this was going to happen eventually but not so soon.

  27. - Top - End - #297
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Quote Originally Posted by SZbNAhL View Post
    It's never easy being the barrier between an angry person and the person at whom they're angry. Doing it for a living does not sound fun.
    I've found, for this sort of job, you can just coast through the anger. They're getting super annoyed for basically no reason, at someone who can't do anything about it one way or the other. Let em blow their steam, it's just them making a fool of themselves.

    The customer is wrong bitch.


    Eye-Zodi by Pinkhaired August. I S E E Y O U.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  28. - Top - End - #298
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Anonymouswizard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In my library

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    It's not easy being a receptionist, I was dealing with a female hostile and rude caller yesterday. She said she wants to call the staff member so I transfer the staff member. She called again and the said member wasn't there so I transfer her to my supervisor. Then she called the third time and got really disrespectful and upset at me that need help with her son to get supported employment. I did the best of my ability to help her and she even got more upset as ever. So I put the phone on the table and I told my other supervisor about the situation and I get her the phone to talk to her and the caller hung up. Wow, this was the very first time that I experience it.
    Yeah, this is half the reason I'm not trying to transfer to Admin at my work, I'd probably be quite good in the position if it didn't involve manning the front desk and acting like a receptionist as well. Hope everything goes well for you, but I understand you will get people like that.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

    RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

    Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

  29. - Top - End - #299
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Yeah, this is half the reason I'm not trying to transfer to Admin at my work, I'd probably be quite good in the position if it didn't involve manning the front desk and acting like a receptionist as well. Hope everything goes well for you, but I understand you will get people like that.
    I handled this situation very professionally. It's not my fault that woman was a jerk. Yes, you're right I'll get these type of people with a negative and toxic attitude.

  30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    My favourite part about customer service is all the people who commiserate with how bad the job is. Because they are also terrible customers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •