New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

Before going in and out of the hospital, I weighed in at 310 lbs plus. I am now at 275 ish. If I were to divide my current weight by 15, you end up with an 18 lb can which is not unreasonable, however as the cat was abandoned and naught but skin and bone, she is less then 18 lbs.
    Has any one seen my jar of anti-protons or my cyclotron of positrons?

Quote Originally Posted by Sermil View Post

How many surrealist painters does it take to change a light bulb?
    Soup made from multicolored machine parts
    Side employment:
    Professor Emeritus:Studies of Supernatural Events and Countermeasures;

Miscatonic University, Nashville Campus

sig thread is here

2. - Top - End - #482
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    I happen to have an atypically precise number for my cat's weight because she was at the vet's two months ago-- she was 5.38 pounds.

She was born only two years after me, and had recently been losing weight, so the two of us really ran the whole gamut of fluctuating size differences together. There could definitely have been some points in the past two decades when she was 1/5th my weight instead of 1/25th.

ION: I'm surprised not to have seen anything about Notre Dame on the forum, Random Banter or otherwise. Have I just missed it?
    Mooncat hello! I would have mentioned it but I was at work. But yeah, how're you doing?

also also also! I have news, big news for you in particular that everyone else knows but has probably forgotten.

I'm dating Blue now!

3. - Top - End - #483
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    also also also! I have news, big news for you in particular that everyone else knows but has probably forgotten.
    Hey, do you think that people who watch your videos have memories of goldfish? We notice when you say stuff. Usually.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm dating Blue now!
    You told him that you couldn't "do it" because the roof of your mouth was burnt, right before he allegedly called you a hipster as setup for a cliche joke, which you responded to by claiming to be dying and then posting the entire conversation here all in one oddly-formatted post. Right?

How could anyone forget the aforementioned oddly-formatted post?
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2019-04-15 at 09:34 PM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

5. - Top - End - #485

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    You told him that you couldn't "do it" because the roof of your mouth was burnt, right before he allegedly called you a hipster as setup for a cliche joke, which you responded to by claiming to be "dying" and then posting the entire conversation here all in one oddly-formatted post.

Ah, I too was going to mention the legendary “burned mouth” conversation.

6. - Top - End - #486

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    You told him that you couldn't "do it" because the roof of your mouth was burnt, right before he allegedly called you a hipster as setup for a cliche joke, which you responded to by claiming to be dying and then posting the entire conversation here all in one oddly-formatted post. Right?

I admittedly could of provided more context but I don't believe it's THAT confusing right?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Hermicus View Post
    Ah, I too was going to mention the legendary “burned mouth” conversation.
    H-how legendary is it. It's just a joke! I don't even remember any responses to it!
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2019-04-15 at 09:49 PM.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ettin in the Playground

I admittedly could of provided more context but I don't believe it's THAT confusing right?
    I didn't call it confusing; I called it "oddly-formatted." Indeed, it was oddly-formatted but not confusing.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

8. - Top - End - #488

H-how legendary is it. It's just a joke! I don't even remember any responses to it!
    I remembered it. So did Enderlord. Although I don’t know you too well, that conversation is the first thing I think of when I see your avatar.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Apologies if that sounded creepy. I didn’t mean it like that.

9. - Top - End - #489

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Hermicus View Post
    I remembered it. So did Enderlord. Although I don’t know you too well, that conversation is the first thing I think of when I see your avatar.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Apologies if that sounded creepy. I didn’t mean it like that.
    I honestly don't even remember the specifics of it, so it's cool two people were hit that well by it.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    ION: I'm surprised not to have seen anything about Notre Dame on the forum, Random Banter or otherwise. Have I just missed it?
    Considering my first thought is 'I hope my ex got hurt' and my second was 'I hope my ex is alright', I think I should stay out of any discussion of that.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Titan in the Playground

The fire is mostly put out. Only one wounded (a firefighter). 2/3 of the roof structure collapsed but the treasury was evacuated, the Great Organ, however is damaged. The President promised to rebuild it. The fire was apparently started accidentally by the renovation crew (someone’s gonna get fireeeeeeed) and an investigation is naturally underway.

As someone who has spent most of his life in and around Paris, seeing Notre Dame burn was pretty shocking but not on the level of the Charlie Hebdo and 13 of November attacks.

It is the historical heart of Paris and a masterwork of art but ultimately just a building, and one who already had faced degradations. It will be fine.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    The fire is mostly put out. Only one wounded (a firefighter). 2/3 of the roof structure collapsed but the treasury was evacuated, the Great Organ, however is damaged. The President promised to rebuild it. The fire was apparently started accidentally by the renovation crew (someone’s gonna get fireeeeeeed) and an investigation is naturally underway.

As someone who has spent most of his life in and around Paris, seeing Notre Dame burn was pretty shocking but not on the level of the Charlie Hebdo and 13 of November attacks.

It is the historical heart of Paris and a masterwork of art but ultimately just a building, and one who already had faced degradations. It will be fine.
    Honestly, my concern when I first heard about it was that it was an attack, but that's because we've had a priest stabbed during Mass. So I assumed fire bombed.

I am glad to hear that the damage has been strucural, and hope the firefighter has a speedy recovery.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Titan in the Playground

Well I've done a stupid thing. I tried to contact me ex

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

14. - Top - End - #494
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Well I've done a stupid thing. I tried to contact me ex
    But why though?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

15. - Top - End - #495
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    But why though?
    A question for the ages, but common enough that Webb strongly recommends to not do it:

(Jump to 1:35)

Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

16. - Top - End - #496
    Titan in the Playground

But why though?
    So you want the full list of reasons or the one that fits into the character limit?
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2019-04-16 at 01:15 PM.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

So you want the full list of reasons or the one that fits into the character limit?
    Full list. My body is ready.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

18. - Top - End - #498
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I expect they are compelling so full list please.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Titan in the Playground

Well, because I'm too tired to generate an actual list...

It boils down to 'I'm very very lonely, I heard that somewhere she likes to frequent burnt down, and I've been going through a rough patch with a close friend, so I decided **** it, either she'll reply or I'll have confirmation that she never wants to speak to me again and can get back to trying to move on'.

Show

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

It boils down to 'I'm very very lonely, I heard that somewhere she likes to frequent burnt down, and I've been going through a rough patch with a close friend, so I decided **** it, either she'll reply or I'll have confirmation that she never wants to speak to me again and can get back to trying to move on'.
    Good luck.

21. - Top - End - #501

Considering the circumstances, there's a good chance she'd at least be appreciative of you checking in. If I were in her shoes,, I would be (granted, I have very significantly limited information here, so take that with as many grains of salt as you think is needed).

22. - Top - End - #502
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post

The local tabernacle had a freak fire started by, as memory serves, a faulty fire alarm system a few years back. It was only about 110 years old, but it was probably the oldest building in town. It took a few years, but it got repaired. Nevertheless, in the interim it was rather depressing to see its ruin. Considering that Notre Dame Cathedral was something like 4 times that age and has a footprint probably twice as big in any direction, I think it is safe to say that this fire is much more devastating. Hopefully it can be restored to its former glory quickly. Frankly, I expect any art that survived intact to get pride of place in the restored building.

Quote Originally Posted by Mith View Post
    Honestly, my concern when I first heard about it was that it was an attack, but that's because we've had a priest stabbed during Mass. So I assumed fire bombed.

I am glad to hear that the damage has been strucural, and hope the firefighter has a speedy recovery.
    I've heard of a few churches getting firebombed, including one that was being repaired from a previous arson attempt. I sincerely hope that this wasn't a purposeful arson attempt. I may not agree with other people religiously, but that is never* a reason to get violent with either them or their stuff.

*Okay, so there are probably some people whose religious practices deserve to get broken up violently. I can't think of any off hand and trying to define who they are would definitely cross all sorts of forum rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

23. - Top - End - #503

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    I've heard of a few churches getting firebombed, including one that was being repaired from a previous arson attempt. I sincerely hope that this wasn't a purposeful arson attempt.
    Nah, almost right off the bat they were able to pinpoint it to a construction accident. Of course, I'd imagine that construction firm almost has to majorly rebrand at the very least right now, and I can imagine a few people may well be out of work.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Titan in the Playground

How on earth do I have nearly 1000 online dating likes!? (Approximately 980, for the record.) I'm not... Okay I obviously am that pretty, but I'm also getting a surprisingly large number of straight men liking my profile.

I mean, I've even constructed my profile so it's obvious in a massive nerd, and that still doesn't put people off.

Show

25. - Top - End - #505
    Bugbear in the Playground

I mean, I've even constructed my profile so it's obvious in a massive nerd, and that still doesn't put people off.
    I think you'll find (or have found) that 'massive nerd' is exactly what a whole lot of folks are into.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    : THOG NOW SCHRÖDINGER's ORC!
    Quote Originally Posted by skim172 View Post
    If you ever see Hitler riding a T-Rex in your direction - you, my friend, are a very unlucky person.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    "Ooh. Did you bring a biology textbook with you? No? Sorry, nothing personal." And then I dissect them.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

How on earth do I have nearly 1000 online dating likes!? (Approximately 980, for the record.) I'm not... Okay I obviously am that pretty, but I'm also getting a surprisingly large number of straight men liking my profile.

I'm not sure why you think that would turn people off? Being nerdy is advantageous for dating, it means you and the other person have something to relate over. If your interest was skydiving or raising pigs you would have a lot less in common with most people; nearly everyone shares Harry Potter, Pokemon, etc.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
    I think you'll find (or have found) that 'massive nerd' is exactly what a whole lot of folks are into.
    Maybe. But come on, I'm a fat nerdy boy/girl, I thought the popular ones were meant to be the ones with muscles and large chests.

In all seriousness, I know that there's a decent portion of the population either into that or which just doesn't care. But it still feels weird to be considered pretty.

Show

28. - Top - End - #508

In other news,

Today was day 2 back to work!
    Has any one seen my jar of anti-protons or my cyclotron of positrons?

Quote Originally Posted by Sermil View Post

How many surrealist painters does it take to change a light bulb?
    Soup made from multicolored machine parts
    Side employment:
    Professor Emeritus:Studies of Supernatural Events and Countermeasures;

Miscatonic University, Nashville Campus

sig thread is here

29. - Top - End - #509
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm not sure why you think that would turn people off? Being nerdy is advantageous for dating, it means you and the other person have something to relate over. If your interest was skydiving or raising pigs you would have a lot less in common with most people; nearly everyone shares Harry Potter, Pokemon, etc.
    So you're saying I should stop teaching pigs to skydive if I want to get more dates?

Quote Originally Posted by Insane Jeenyus View Post
    In other news,

Today was day 2 back to work!
    Congratulations! I hope you are firmly on the mend now.

ION: I am too tired for other news. Work is exhausting this time of year, the ants are waking up from their long winter's sleep to explore my house, and the pool needs regular attention to keep from developing an ecosystem. I want to go on vacation somewhere that does not have math tests or ants, and drink beer by a pool that someone else cleans.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    I've heard of a few churches getting firebombed, including one that was being repaired from a previous arson attempt. I sincerely hope that this wasn't a purposeful arson attempt. I may not agree with other people religiously, but that is never* a reason to get violent with either them or their stuff.
    It's been pretty thoroughly demonstrated that this was an accident, as was listed here. It's also worth noting that it was an old building, and that prior to modern fire fighting techniques (especially in terms of fire resistant construction) fires were really common and often really bad. Some of that was having more fire around, but a lot of it was that old buildings tended to be really flammable. The Notre Dame? Just about the entire roof was wood, treated with highly flammable oils.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.