Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 1483
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    It changed 500 to 1500e (and when I typed this out just now it changed 500 to 000, and I had to erase and re-type)

    I think my phone is possessed by a demon.
    Or a Demon Lord is better known as Flubba Jubba.

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Hey Enderlord when you see this PM me your email so I can send you my current draft so you can beta-read.

    Also speaking of which, I'm into draft 2 of my manuscript (officially, I've got more drafts below that). If anyone's interested in beta-reading it and stuff just PM me your email. It's a modern fantasy about a bi girl who discovers hidden magic and stuff.

    Slightly related, I got my manuscript evaluation back. The negatives made me kinda depressed but I managed to bounce back.


    Eye-Zodi by Pinkhaired August. I S E E Y O U.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Peelee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Hey Enderlord when you see this PM me your email so I can send you my current draft so you can beta-read.
    I'm pretty sure it's totallynotavampire@vampiremail.org
    Cuthalion's avatars rock. Like this very fine dragon he made me.

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    I'm such a broken human being I can't tell if this is a joke or not.


    Eye-Zodi by Pinkhaired August. I S E E Y O U.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DataNinja's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Also speaking of which, I'm into draft 2 of my manuscript (officially, I've got more drafts below that). If anyone's interested in beta-reading it and stuff just PM me your email. It's a modern fantasy about a bi girl who discovers hidden magic and stuff.
    Nice, Zodi! I'd offer... but I feel that I'm fairly terrible at evaluation, given the last time I read the first few chapters of a draft of a friend's book. So, I'd not be particularly helpful in that regard.

    Slightly related, I got my manuscript evaluation back. The negatives made me kinda depressed but I managed to bounce back.
    Ah, yeah, it does suck when stuff like that happens. In an ideal world, everything would be perfect the first time (except code - if that works perfectly the first time, something's gone wrong ). But, at least you know what they want you to improve on?

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    2D8HP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    San Francisco Bay area
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Squat View Post
    How long is a tough question - it's going to depend on the steak. I recommend going off of internal temperature of the steak- instant read thermometers are pretty cheap nowadays.

    Recipe for reverse searing

    And for pan searing


    Thank you for the links!


    Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Or a Demon Lord is better known as Flubba Jubba.

    I suspect that is yet another "after my time" cultural reference.

    Why must you vex me so 21st century!

    Pro-tip: The further from 1983 a pop culture reference is the less likely 2D8HP is to understand it.

    Sometimes people like to speak in the third person just to say their own name.

    2D8HP!
    Grim specter of noogie hangs like shroud over us all


    Extended Sig




    PBP's

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Peelee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Pro-tip: The further from 1983 a pop culture reference is the less likely 2D8HP is to understand it.
    So if someone were born from 1984 on, they would be increasingly confusing to you, ya say?
    Cuthalion's avatars rock. Like this very fine dragon he made me.

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    2D8HP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    San Francisco Bay area
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    So if someone were born from 1984 on, they would be increasingly confusing to you, ya say?

    That is most logical


  9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Thank you for the links!





    I suspect that is yet another "after my time" cultural reference.

    Why must you vex me so 21st century!

    Pro-tip: The further from 1983 a pop culture reference is the less likely 2D8HP is to understand it.

    Sometimes people like to speak in the third person just to say their own name.

    2D8HP!
    Huh? What reference? Flubba Jubba is a made up name. I mean who would even name a Demon Lord that kind of name anyway?
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2019-03-03 at 04:03 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Nice, Zodi! I'd offer... but I feel that I'm fairly terrible at evaluation, given the last time I read the first few chapters of a draft of a friend's book. So, I'd not be particularly helpful in that regard.


    Ah, yeah, it does suck when stuff like that happens. In an ideal world, everything would be perfect the first time (except code - if that works perfectly the first time, something's gone wrong ). But, at least you know what they want you to improve on?
    Honestly that's fine, just having someone read it and tell me their thoughts is good! I'm not asking for a professional view, just an idea of how it feels to be read.


    Eye-Zodi by Pinkhaired August. I S E E Y O U.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    London, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Pro-tip: The further from 1983 a pop culture reference is the less likely 2D8HP is to understand it.
    So you say, but assuming that's true, then even if only you appreciate them (or even if others do but are too shy to admit it), tonight I celebrate my love of 1983 pop music references. Sorry, but I couldn't resist the temptation. Perhaps this post is less clever than I think it is. Certainly it will appear in nobody's diary, and if I'm told how bad it is I may cry just a little bit, but at the end of the day I'm still standing and not to rock the boat, but if you have criticism you can rip it up because even if I haven't found favour in your eyes, I'll never never stop making references because when it comes to post formats, you just can't beat it. Unless there's a reason not to do this. Is there something I should know in that regard?

    Running out of references now, so unless somebody can think of a new song I can use, it's over and I'll have to give it up. If you missed any of the references, quote the post and look at the size tags. They're a dead giveaway.
    Last edited by SZbNAhL; 2019-03-03 at 07:16 PM.
    NB: While I never mean to offend anybody, sometimes the unfortunate combination of Aspergersism and the inherent difficulty of reading a situation through uninflected text over the internet get in the way of that goal. Please feel free to point out any social faux pas, inappropriate joke timing, etc.

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Hey Enderlord when you see this PM me your email so I can send you my current draft so you can beta-read.

    Also speaking of which, I'm into draft 2 of my manuscript (officially, I've got more drafts below that). If anyone's interested in beta-reading it and stuff just PM me your email. It's a modern fantasy about a bi girl who discovers hidden magic and stuff.

    Slightly related, I got my manuscript evaluation back. The negatives made me kinda depressed but I managed to bounce back.
    How long is the novel? I have enough stuff in my life that I don't know how good I would be for a real long novel, but a smaller one could work for me since I have a 45 minute bus ride that I could potentially help with a smaller novel (~200 pages) in a fairly reasonable time span.

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Quote Originally Posted by Mith View Post
    How long is the novel? I have enough stuff in my life that I don't know how good I would be for a real long novel, but a smaller one could work for me since I have a 45 minute bus ride that I could potentially help with a smaller novel (~200 pages) in a fairly reasonable time span.
    I'm currently at two chapters for this draft, around 20 pages. I get abooout two chapters a week done though.


    Eye-Zodi by Pinkhaired August. I S E E Y O U.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jan 2019

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Hey Enderlord when you see this PM me your email so I can send you my current draft so you can beta-read.

    Also speaking of which, I'm into draft 2 of my manuscript (officially, I've got more drafts below that). If anyone's interested in beta-reading it and stuff just PM me your email. It's a modern fantasy about a bi girl who discovers hidden magic and stuff.

    Slightly related, I got my manuscript evaluation back. The negatives made me kinda depressed but I managed to bounce back.
    I'd love to read it and give some evaluation (yes, I enjoy critiquing things), but I'd rather not give my email address out over the internet. I'm paranoid, what can I say?

    If you're able to PM it to me, I'd be thrilled to take a look.

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    2D8HP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    San Francisco Bay area
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Quote Originally Posted by SZbNAhL View Post
    references
    The Sudden Impact of your references from '83 have left me Breathless, truly I'd have to be a Jedi to Return so many mentions of songs @SZbNAhL, you Rock & Rule, and have The Right Stuff a Testament to how you're Still Smokin and are one of The Survivors and aren't one of The Outsiders, if there's a King of Comedy, Eureka! Baby It's You who has All the Right Moves.

    Keep on Staying Alive and don't let the Risky Business of The Hunger Keep you from The Meaning of Life @SZbNAhL! I hope at least you recognized Return of the Jedi
    Grim specter of noogie hangs like shroud over us all


    Extended Sig




    PBP's

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Caerulea's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Sleeping in a paper bag.

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Honestly that's fine, just having someone read it and tell me their thoughts is good! I'm not asking for a professional view, just an idea of how it feels to be read.
    Sounds interesting. If you'd me to beta-read, let me know. (there was an email here, but now it's gone.)

    —Caerulea
    Last edited by Caerulea; 2019-03-04 at 04:17 PM.
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meus est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not a humanoid. Come not be one too.

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    You probably don't want to put your e-mail address on a public forum, Caerulea, some bot will harvest it and add it to a spammer's list.

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    The Sudden Impact of your references from '83 have left me Breathless, truly I'd have to be a Jedi to Return so many mentions of songs @SZbNAhL, you Rock & Rule, and have The Right Stuff a Testament to how you're Still Smokin and are one of The Survivors and aren't one of The Outsiders, if there's a King of Comedy, Eureka! Baby It's You who has All the Right Moves.

    Keep on Staying Alive and don't let the Risky Business of The Hunger Keep you from The Meaning of Life @SZbNAhL! I hope at least you recognized Return of the Jedi
    As someone born 10 years later, I am proud to say I've seen most of the movies mentioned and probably heard most, if not all, the songs at some point.

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Anonymouswizard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In my library

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Well just had an initial telephone interview. Didn't go brilliantly, because I wasn't kept on past the time limit, but we got through all the questions and the interviewer seemed to like my answers to some of them, so I'm filing this one under 'longshot but technically possible'.

    Interesting I seem to be one of the few people this interviewer has called who seemed to be able to give a clear description of what the job entails, including extrapolating from the information given. At this point it'll probably come down to a mixture of interview quality and final year project interestingness* versus interview length and only having a third.

    * A friend of mine pointed out that my FYP is really unusual as I essentially built something from the ground up, despite being inspired by an existing project.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

    RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

    Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Well just had an initial telephone interview. Didn't go brilliantly, because I wasn't kept on past the time limit, but we got through all the questions and the interviewer seemed to like my answers to some of them, so I'm filing this one under 'longshot but technically possible'.

    Interesting I seem to be one of the few people this interviewer has called who seemed to be able to give a clear description of what the job entails, including extrapolating from the information given. At this point it'll probably come down to a mixture of interview quality and final year project interestingness* versus interview length and only having a third.

    * A friend of mine pointed out that my FYP is really unusual as I essentially built something from the ground up, despite being inspired by an existing project.
    Best of luck. Something to keep in mind with a promising interview even if you don't get this job is to apply for the next one they have that's applicable to you. They may well have notes on your file if you end up in the final round of the selecting process.

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground
     
    FinnLassie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Uusimaa

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    *drags her belongings to the new thread*

    Phew... so soon! Are we getting closer to older RB pace?!

    Internship is going good. There's going to be two job openings later this year, and I will be applying.

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Anonymouswizard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In my library

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Quote Originally Posted by Mith View Post
    Best of luck. Something to keep in mind with a promising interview even if you don't get this job is to apply for the next one they have that's applicable to you. They may well have notes on your file if you end up in the final round of the selecting process.
    Yep, just been really stressed as I haven't had an interview or the like for over a year. I'm going to be keeping my eye out though, just in case something from them comes up again (oh, and get back to sending off applications on Wednesday).
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

    RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

    Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Caerulea's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Sleeping in a paper bag.

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    You probably don't want to put your e-mail address on a public forum, Caerulea, some bot will harvest it and add it to a spammer's list.
    It's not my real email, and I will likely only check it for communication on this one specific topic. Thank you anyway.

    —Caerulea
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meus est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not a humanoid. Come not be one too.

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Comrade's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    South of Heaven

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Well just had an initial telephone interview. Didn't go brilliantly, because I wasn't kept on past the time limit, but we got through all the questions and the interviewer seemed to like my answers to some of them, so I'm filing this one under 'longshot but technically possible'.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    Internship is going good. There's going to be two job openings later this year, and I will be applying.
    Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    : THOG NOW SCHRÖDINGER's ORC!
    Quote Originally Posted by skim172 View Post
    If you ever see Hitler riding a T-Rex in your direction - you, my friend, are a very unlucky person.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    "Ooh. Did you bring a biology textbook with you? No? Sorry, nothing personal." And then I dissect them.

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground
     
    enderlord99's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    A film shoot.

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    I don't like it when someone offers solutions to the problem they assume I'm trying to tell them about, rather than the one I'm actually trying to tell them about, and which they would understand if they listened. I sometimes do the same thing, admittedly, but it's not on purpose; it's a habit I inherited from my dad.
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

    I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

    I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm.
    Explanation here.

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Rockphed's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Near Giant Graffiti.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    I don't like it when someone offers solutions to the problem they assume I'm trying to tell them about, rather than the one I'm actually trying to tell them about, and which they would understand if they listened. I sometimes do the same thing, admittedly, but it's not on purpose; it's a habit I inherited from my dad.
    See, the proper way to deal with that is to use a lash to beat the recalcitrant fools into submission. If they continue to spout independent thought or to rebel against your just and proper authority, simply bind them to the wheel of pain for a month. Then they will be much better thralls.

    Or you could be talking about dealing with (at least nominal) peers instead of slaves who rise up to overthrow your system of governance, by Crom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    We should change the collective noun for crocodiles to "an abundance of crocodiles".
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

    Now offering unsolicited advice.

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Anonymouswizard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In my library

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Well now I'm back in that place where my crush has somebody else that she likes, but isn't sure if they like her, and it's trying to make sure she causes me the least amount of pain possible.

    Please send tissues and some tea to melt this ice cube in my heart.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

    RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

    Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Peelee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Well now I'm back in that place where my crush has somebody else that she likes, but isn't sure if they like her, and it's trying to make sure she causes me the least amount of pain possible.

    Please send tissues and some tea to melt this ice cube in my heart.
    Have you ever thought about just transcribing your love life and making it into a 90's-era TV show? You'd make a fortune, I tells ya!
    Cuthalion's avatars rock. Like this very fine dragon he made me.

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Anonymouswizard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In my library

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Have you ever thought about just transcribing your love life and making it into a 90's-era TV show? You'd make a fortune, I tells ya!
    I've actually started making jokes along those lines, although generally I'm one of the bit characters (generally the jerk boyfriend who showed up in one episode of least year's series).

    Unfortunately I couldn't turn my love love into a TV show, the main character is unbearably pretentious and inherently unlikeable. Also a) is autistic and b) acts like a horny twelve year old at anything with some vague relation to sex.

    Don't worry, I'm sure I'll come to terms with the fact I'll end up alone one of these years. (I, uh, really don't know if I should put that in blue text at this point)
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

    RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

    Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Rockphed's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Near Giant Graffiti.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    I've actually started making jokes along those lines, although generally I'm one of the bit characters (generally the jerk boyfriend who showed up in one episode of least year's series).

    Unfortunately I couldn't turn my love love into a TV show, the main character is unbearably pretentious and inherently unlikeable. Also a) is autistic and b) acts like a horny twelve year old at anything with some vague relation to sex.

    Don't worry, I'm sure I'll come to terms with the fact I'll end up alone one of these years. (I, uh, really don't know if I should put that in blue text at this point)
    Pshaaaah. Therein lies your problem. Start thinking of yourself as a leading man type! Decide what you want out of life, and then figure out how to become the person who gets what you want out of life. Just don't fall in to the Gaston trap where you make assumptions about what other people will want out of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    We should change the collective noun for crocodiles to "an abundance of crocodiles".
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

    Now offering unsolicited advice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •