Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1483
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

I just watched Pixar's short animated film Kitbull. These are not tears. Just salty, salty clear liquid things.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by its me god View Post
    {Scrubbed}
    Are we talking the Mystic, as in the 5e Psionicist, the Mystic, as in the BD&D Monk, or mystic as in a mystical or magical class?

I'm all seriousness, I get using these thread to have a good rant, I've done it once or twice (or probably at least twenty times by now). The thing to remember is to take a deep breath and make sure your post is a (relatively) calm rant, and isn't overly offensive towards the people here

Okay, so I guess your GM has banned your favourite class? Take a deep breath, and see this as an opportunity to play something new. If you've never played a classic Knight or Cleric then you're missing out on a fun experience*. It's also possible they'rebanning it for thematic reasons, make sure to talk to them about why they've made the decision.

* Says the guy who defaults to shifty wizards.
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2019-06-04 at 09:53 AM.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Default Re: how you feelin

Weirdly, I'm feeling pretty chipper. The doom and gloom is looming overhead like always, but I had a really fun time yesterday hiking in the twilight with a good friend. Things may be FUBAR, but that's ok. Just keep your head down and slog forward, cause there's a lot of light at the end of the tunnel. Eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by fables.ink View Post
    I'm really missing my RPG`s games. My group is busy for the next 7 weeks :(
    :( The campaign I was running just ended, and our replacement DM isn't quite ready to fill the gap yet. I feel your pain!
    Last edited by NRSASD; 2019-06-04 at 09:43 AM.

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

So I listen to folk music while I work, and a ballad of Little John and Robin Hood's battle at the brook came on.

Now it's been a while since I've read the stories, but I seem to recall that Robin Hood loses to every one of his Merry Men that he fights (Little John and I believe Will Scarlet).

Anyone else have a better memory for those stories?

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Troll in the Playground

DrowGuy

I tone down my coffee binge. I use to drink two cups (one small cup and one extra large cup when I get my free beverage at Dunkin' when I earn 200 points) Also I drink coffee to keeps me awake not the taste.

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

So a stranger hit on me for the first time in my entire life yesterday. I'm sure some people have flirted a bit and I just didn't notice, but being actively hit on is new. I panicked and physically ran away, showing that even at 30 my social skills are all trained and my instinct is still that of a kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    So a stranger hit on me for the first time in my entire life yesterday. I'm sure some people have flirted a bit and I just didn't notice, but being actively hit on is new. I panicked and physically ran away, showing that even at 30 my social skills are all trained and my instinct is still that of a kid.
    Way back when I was thin, my wife told me that people flirted with me a lot, and I just never noticed. She was pretty amazed when some did it when we were very clearly together, too.
    The Mod on the Silver Mountain avatar by the wonderfully talented Cuthalion!

Quote Originally Posted by Heksefatter View Post
    All hail the dragon.

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Troll in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Are we talking the Mystic, as in the 5e Psionicist, the Mystic, as in the BD&D Monk, or mystic as in a mystical or magical class?

I'm all seriousness, I get using these thread to have a good rant, I've done it once or twice (or probably at least twenty times by now). The thing to remember is to take a deep breath and make sure your post is a (relatively) calm rant, and isn't overly offensive towards the people here

Okay, so I guess your GM has banned your favourite class? Take a deep breath, and see this as an opportunity to play something new. If you've never played a classic Knight or Cleric then you're missing out on a fun experience*. It's also possible they'rebanning it for thematic reasons, make sure to talk to them about why they've made the decision.

* Says the guy who defaults to shifty wizards.
    Yes players get so upset when their favourite class get banned because they're overpowered or just too weak. Seems like the Mods Gods banned the person already. It's a shame, I was going to reply the person anyway.

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Way back when I was thin, my wife told me that people flirted with me a lot, and I just never noticed. She was pretty amazed when some did it when we were very clearly together, too.
    I have never noticed when someone has flirted with me.

In high school, I had a girl mockingly pretend to like me (she was popular, I was not) to mess with me, and it seriously affected my perceptions for if people like me or not. Yes, a case could be made that she actually in fact was legitimately pursuing me without knowing the context (especially after seeing the aforementioned statement), but trust me, she was doing it to mess with me and torment me.

I don't know. I'm not even self aware, and I also doubt people like me constantly, so it never crossed my mind someone could actually be into me.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

10. - Top - End - #1270

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post

In high school, I had a girl mockingly pretend to like me (she was popular, I was not) to mess with me, and it seriously affected my perceptions for if people like me or not. Yes, a case could be made that she actually in fact was legitimately pursuing me without knowing the context (especially after seeing the aforementioned statement), but trust me, she was doing it to mess with me and torment me.

I don't know. I'm not even self aware, and I also doubt people like me constantly, so it never crossed my mind someone could actually be into me.
    See, now I wonder whether all those girls in high school and college were actually flirting instead of just joking around.

All hail the dragon.

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I'm reasonably certain feeling my bicep and telling me I don't look 30 while giggling is hitting on me, or at least flirting hard enough even I recognize it.

That seems to be my threshold, if you physically touch me I notice the flirting otherwise not.

12. - Top - End - #1272

I'm reasonably certain feeling my bicep and telling me I don't look 30 while giggling is hitting on me, or at least flirting hard enough even I recognize it.

That seems to be my threshold, if you physically touch me I notice the flirting otherwise not.
    Oh wow. Yeah, that one is kind of hard to miss.

All hail the dragon.

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Troll in the Playground

Oh wow. Yeah, that one is kind of hard to miss.
    Yeah, that'll do it.

My wife literally had to hit me over the head when we first started dating because I for the life of me coouldn't put together that she was interested in me. I think it was something like it was revealed that i didn't like cheetos and she did, and she said that was almost a deal breaker. And I was like, deal breaker for what? Ohhhhhhhhhh...
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2019-06-04 at 02:53 PM.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Mith View Post
    So I listen to folk music while I work, and a ballad of Little John and Robin Hood's battle at the brook came on.

Now it's been a while since I've read the stories, but I seem to recall that Robin Hood loses to every one of his Merry Men that he fights (Little John and I believe Will Scarlet).

Anyone else have a better memory for those stories?
    Dunno, but I think I remember friar Tuck fighting someone (Little John? Robin?) when they first met (mind you, that could be the TV, or any relevant book).
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Yeah, that'll do it.

My wife literally had to hit me over the head when we first started dating because I for the life of me coouldn't put together that she was interested in me. I think it was something like it was revealed that i didn't like cheetos and she did, and she said that was almost a deal breaker. And I was like, deal breaker for what? Ohhhhhhhhhh...
    Haha glad she was direct with you.

Also cheetos are gross :/

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Bugbear in the Playground

When I was in high school, one of my classmates-- somebody I didn't know very well and hadn't really spoken to-- walked up to me before class one day and said she wanted to give me something. The something in question turned out to be a necklace (nothing fancy, looked like one of those things from a 'make your own necklace' kit, I think) and a piece of paper with a phone number on it. She walked away. I thought 'I'm not really a necklaces kind of guy' and I'm pretty sure I threw them both away.

I was kind of a dumbass in high school.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    : THOG NOW SCHRÖDINGER's ORC!
    Quote Originally Posted by skim172 View Post
    If you ever see Hitler riding a T-Rex in your direction - you, my friend, are a very unlucky person.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    "Ooh. Did you bring a biology textbook with you? No? Sorry, nothing personal." And then I dissect them.

17. - Top - End - #1277

This is where being ugly enough that nobody flirts with you comes in handy

(Yeah yeah, I know I'm not actually ugly, and if I slimmed down a bit and carried a hairbrush with me I'd probably be somebody's type. I'm sure I've been flirted with before, but nobody seems willing to inform me before my obliviousness hasn't turned them off.)
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

18. - Top - End - #1278

[exceedingly long list of plumbing and other projects that was done far faster than I would do it and I make my living as a plumber]
    I think I'm finally done with the bathrooms. Oh joyous day!

You do know that the stereotype for rural southerners is that you're supposed to be slow moving don't you?

Anyway, I planted a plant with blue flowers and I installed a trellis on the front yard this last weekend.

I also bought milk and eggs.
    Grim specter of noogie hangs like shroud over us all

Extended Sig

PBP's

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

19. - Top - End - #1279

Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    You do know that the stereotype for rural southerners is that you're supposed to be slow moving don't you?

Anyway, I planted a plant with blue flowers and I installed a trellis on the front yard this last weekend.

I also bought milk and eggs.
    Oh don't you worry, this was done piecemeal over two or three months.

All hail the dragon.

20. - Top - End - #1280

Oh don't you worry, this was done piecemeal over two or three months.

That makes me feel a little better Peelee, but that's still more housework than I wouldve done unless I was unemployed, and then I would've said that "We can't afford that right now".

Don't make me call the steward on you for breaking down conditions!

- member Couch Loving Husbands Local 50

21. - Top - End - #1281

That makes me feel a little better Peelee, but that's still more housework than I wouldve done unless I was unemployed, and then I would've said that "We can't afford that right now".

Don't make me call the steward on you for breaking down conditions!

- member Couch Loving Husbands Local 50
    I want to sit on the couch! I just can't afford to hire someone else to do all that. The rest of it we can afford a little easier since we rented out that spare house that we couldn't really afford to finish out to start with.

All hail the dragon.

22. - Top - End - #1282

I want to sit on the couch! I just can't afford to hire someone else to do all that. The rest of it we can afford a little easier since we rented out that spare house that we couldn't really afford to finish out to start with.

Oh yeah, the prospect of paying someone else is a motivator, my wife wants a fence, I was trying to talk her into us putting planter boxes there instead, but she pointed out that they'd become garbage cans and ashtrays to passersby, and now she wants to hire someone, while I say we can do it ourselves (and by "ourselves" I mean have our 14 year-old son do most of the heavy lifting).

-member cheap dads local 51

23. - Top - End - #1283

Oh yeah, the prospect of paying someone else is a motivator, my wife wants a fence, I was trying to talk her into us putting planter boxes there instead, but she pointed out that they'd become garbage cans and ashtrays to passersby, and now she wants to hire someone, while I say we can do it ourselves (and by "ourselves" I mean have our 14 year-old son do most of the heavy lifting).

-member cheap dads local 51
    See? Work smarter, not harder. Let the children work harder.

All hail the dragon.

24. - Top - End - #1284

Absolutely!

It's good for them!

It um...

(???)

..builds character (That's the ticket)!

IT TOTALLY BUILDS CHARACTER!

Anyway, I just realized that the Tolkien bio-pic is already out, and given that

1) I read "Tolkien and the Great War: The Threshold of Middle-earth" over a decade ago

2) Saw both versions of "Shadowlands" (the C.S. Lewis bio-pic)

3) Am a sucker for romance and tragedy with world war backdrops

I'm guessing that I'm the target audience for it and it would be evil of me to miss it.
    Grim specter of noogie hangs like shroud over us all

Extended Sig

PBP's

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

25. - Top - End - #1285

This is a terrible idea. Parents are supposed to be role models, and providing the example of getting anyone else to do your work is not the best. You should put in at least equal effort, otherwise they might not respect you as much. Besides which, they can be using that time to learn new things, or do schoolwork. Also, 'builds character' is a myth.

Member of the Lazy Teenagers Association
    —Caerulea
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meus est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not a humanoid. Come not be one too.

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    but nobody seems willing to inform me before my obliviousness hasn't turned them off.)
    Or, before they get insecure and think you're not interested and slink off.

Fun fact: My wife and I almost didn't get together because, when I was pursuing her, she made some comment about how she wasn't interested in dating at this time. I thought she had noticed I was flirting with her and was trying to subtly tell me to back off.

Nope, she didn't have any idea I was even interested in her until months later when I finally got up the courage to straight-out ask for a kiss. Comment had just been random conversation.

(Now, after 20+ years of marriage, I'd know better. She doesn't really do 'subtle' stuff like that. Thank goodness.)
    Last edited by Sermil; 2019-06-04 at 07:49 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1287

I remember a similar experience in high school as well. The jock squad and cheerleaders, well most of the cheerleaders, all concocted an idea to have one of the girls to flirt with me but I not only did not really believe it, but was never able to verify if she was interested or not. a bunch of kids were at a party and she was riding in the back of a pickup. it rolled, and she was flung out and almost every bone in her body broken. she was placed in an induced coma for pain control. the internal organ damage was too extensive and after several months she finally passed on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sermil View Post

How many surrealist painters does it take to change a light bulb?

Soup made from multicolored machine parts
    sig thread is here

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Insane Jeenyus View Post
    I remember a similar experience in high school as well. The jock squad and cheerleaders, well most of the cheerleaders, all concocted an idea to have one of the girls to flirt with me but I not only did not really believe it, but was never able to verify if she was interested or not. a bunch of kids were at a party and she was riding in the back of a pickup. it rolled, and she was flung out and almost every bone in her body broken. she was placed in an induced coma for pain control. the internal organ damage was too extensive and after several months she finally passed on.
    This story got suddenly and deeply dark :o

29. - Top - End - #1289

Quote Originally Posted by Caerulea View Post
    This is a terrible idea. Parents are supposed to be role models, and providing the example of getting anyone else to do your work is not the best. You should put in at least equal effort, otherwise they might not respect you as much. Besides which, they can be using that time to learn new things, or do schoolwork. Also, 'builds character' is a myth.

Member of the Lazy Teenagers Association
    —Caerulea
    I agree, honestly. At least, I do until they're teenagers.
    This story got suddenly and deeply dark :o
    Sadly not an unexpected turn of events for Tennessee. Or Alabama. Safety and trucks, especially out in the country, dont really pair up as much as you'd think.

All hail the dragon.

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

That exact thing happened to me in high school. The worst part was that I had no clue whether she actually was interested, or if she was doing it to mess with me. I ended up paranoid and freaked out, constantly convinced that I was being stalked for some nefarious purpose. I still have no idea whether or not people are interested in me. I can't wrap my head around that idea, and so whenever somebody does try to flirt (or seem like it) it's 50/50 whether I immediately assume I'm the target of a joke.

Complete non sequitur: I made that Ketchup/Dr. Pepper barbecue sauce I was talking about. It came out a little bit sweet and extremely thin, but not at all bad tasting. I hereby enclose a recipe, and encourage people to make some and share their experiences.

Spoiler: Recipe
    Show
    Dr. Pepper BBQ Sauce

Makes about 6 servings

1. 1 cups ketchup
    2. 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
    3. 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
    4. 1 tablespoons honey
    5. 1/4 tablespoon lemon juice
    6. 1/2 teaspoon paprika
    7. 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
    8. 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    9. 1 cup Dr. Pepper

Mix all ingredients together in a small saucepan, then whisk under medium heat until it starts to boil and all ingredients are mixed. Then lower the heat and let simmer for ten minutes, or until it has thickened.