The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: [The Burning Wheel] Beneath the Delirious Moon [OOC & Dice Rolls]

Sorry folks for my absence - life got in the way and I thought it would be resolved sooner than it turned out to be. In any case, I am back to frequently checking in, thank you for your patience. Happy to be the last to act based on my absence.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

Welcome back Atlas! I would ask that you please make a Steel test for Brysen all the same, as his experience will still contribute to the advancement of his Steel score - I will begin logging all of such tests in our records once I finish this post.

Since this last week or so has been spotty, I will post an IC update in another few hours simply to keep things moving; the precise chronology of events can be pieced together afterwards. The confusion of the moment will certainly help in this regard, as perceptions are momentarily addled. Going forward I will request Steel tests and the like within a spoiler at the bottom of IC posts, which will hopefully improve flow.

3. - Top - End - #123

Planetar

My Steel is 4 and my Hesitation is 6.

(1d6)[4]
    (1d6)[2]
    (1d6)[4]
    (1d6)[1]
    (1d6)[5] - Extra d6 for being with Allies (I think)

-----
    Extras if needed:
    (1d6)[6]
    (1d6)[4]
    (1d6)[2]

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry it took me so long to post, rolling an Oratory test to try and get the crowd to back down and put away their weapons:
    (1d6)[5]
    (1d6)[1]
    (1d6)[1]
    (1d6)[3]
    (1d6)[5]
    (1d6)[6]

Also, I don't know which would help if any, but I'm using Suasion, Intimidation, and Persuasion as other relevant skills, if possible:
    (1d6)[4]
    (1d6)[2]
    (1d6)[6]
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground

Some swell rolling right there! Command could be a viable FORK as well, if you have it - though you have already succeeded versus Obstacle 3, which is the average Will attribute among the crowd.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Dwarf in the Playground

I should have mentioned last night, but we are no longer in "structured time" and so you may post at will. For the time being, at least.

7. - Top - End - #127

I'm still probably going to do my roll for conspicious, to maintain the attention of those around Iald and be a presence wherever he walks to give a degree of gravitas. Conspicious is 3, and I can Fork in Oratory, and anyone else can add stuff in as well

(1d6)[5]
    (1d6)[2]
    (1d6)[2]
    (1d6)[6]

And extras if anyone wants to contirbute. don't read until after you want to help :P
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d6)[6]
    (1d6)[4]
    (1d6)[2]
    King of Caligonia in Empire 3. Crusaded into the sunset

Playing as The Whitefeather Kingdom in Empire 4

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

What method is Iald using to maintain attention? As his manner will affect the crowd's reaction, an IC post would be beneficial.
    Last edited by Boethius Junior; 2019-04-19 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Formatting

9. - Top - End - #129
    Dwarf in the Playground

Assuming that Iald has not received any assistance, he is unsuccessful in capturing the crowd's attention as he only achieved 2 successes versus Obstacle 3. The test is still logged for the purposes of advancement, and for the time being Let It Ride will be in effect.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Halfling in the Playground

Kobold

Well, Faust is sending his men out to the fringes of the camp to ensure that no one leaves - which coincidentally looks a lot like dispersing them, per the majordomo's request. Faust is going to find some vantage point that will let him see any assassins fleeing into the dark of the storm, but I am unsure of what sort of skill would be applicable for finding the high ground, so to speak.
    I also regret describing Faust without his bow, as should he discover some assassin running off into the storm, Faust will be unable to try and shoot them. He always has his hand on a weapon, but it's not necessarily the right one for the job.
    Last edited by The Void Dragon; 2019-04-21 at 01:16 AM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground

Was it possible for somebody to masquarade as a monk serving at the table? I suspect that's unlikly, as imposter would have been spotted by other monks.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Void Dragon View Post
    Well, Faust is sending his men out to the fringes of the camp to ensure that no one leaves - which coincidentally looks a lot like dispersing them, per the majordomo's request. Faust is going to find some vantage point that will let him see any assassins fleeing into the dark of the storm, but I am unsure of what sort of skill would be applicable for finding the high ground, so to speak.
    I also regret describing Faust without his bow, as should he discover some assassin running off into the storm, Faust will be unable to try and shoot them. He always has his hand on a weapon, but it's not necessarily the right one for the job.
    No test is required to seek high ground, though the Abbey's garden does not have much to offer. Faust may climb a tree if he would like, though he may find better luck heading towards the tower where you were stationed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kessler View Post
    Was it possible for somebody to masquarade as a monk serving at the table? I suspect that's unlikly, as imposter would have been spotted by other monks.
    It is not outside the realm of possibility. The monks' dress is very plain: simple brown habits with corded belts; some of them bearing stoles that reflect rank. Though their vestments do include hoods they are not typically raised - the current downfall might provide understandable excuse however...
    Last edited by Boethius Junior; 2019-04-21 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Grammar

13. - Top - End - #133

Kobold

I suppose the tower would be best, then. He might be able to grab his bow while there, too.

I also just realized we should be wary of the late Mull's Kaun emerging. I don't recall how long it takes the blighters to develop, but the last thing this party needs is a literal monster popping out of the nobleman's corpse.
    Last edited by The Void Dragon; 2019-04-22 at 09:21 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground

The tower it is then. As for the Kuan, you would presume the funerary rites the Abbot mentioned will handle that.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Dwarf in the Playground

A few notes these past days have brought to mind: your servants outnumber those of the Fringe's lords substantially, discounting the monks. The nobles only brought an average of eight men-at-arms with them each - so do not be too weary of any potential conflict. Additionally, your stature as envoys of the Shambry Council mean your requests are very difficult to refuse, and you will have the benefit of Advantage with any tests your requests necessitate.

You are also of course free to plan your course of action here in the OOC thread, if that will help.

16. - Top - End - #136

Kobold

Well, I guess no one is trying for a dramatic escape onto the stormy night, seeing as there wasn't even a roll to discern such. Part of me wants Faust to continue his surveillance to try and pick out shifty individuals or groups trying to scurry about, while part of me says that that is dumb to do. Then the first part reminds me that Faust has no real idea on how to conduct an investigation, and would definitely think he's helping with his view from on high. Opinions, comrades?

17. - Top - End - #137

Planetar

There's lots to consider when you're ordering nobles about...we have to tread carefully, whether or not we have the authority or the numbers...at the moment. There are factions among the guests, some who wanted to crown Mull, some who obviously wanted him dead.

I think Brysen will want to have conversations with each of the remaining Lords away from the others, try to gauge their relationship to Mull and the Fringe writ large. In the immediate future, Brysen wants to make sure someone with medicinal knowledge provides information about what killed Mull, specifically.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground

I suppose there's no reason why the medics cannot issue their report, and so I shall post as much in short order.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Dwarf in the Playground

Short order evidentially meaning later than I would have preferred. I am assume at this point that Krasimir's plan is acceptable to all? The lords of the Fringe will certainly comply, at the very least for political and pragmatic reasons.

20. - Top - End - #140

Planetar

Plan is exactly along the lines Brysen was hoping for - just didn't get around to posting IC.

BTW, do we ALL have worms inside us in this world?!?!

21. - Top - End - #141
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by atlastrembles View Post
    BTW, do we ALL have worms inside us in this world?!?!
    Yes, but not until the exact moment of death, whence the Kuan is "spawned". Theology dictates that the Kuan is mortal sin made physical, rejected by Wit and severed from the Sound Cosmic. Were you to disembody a living man you would find no such thing up until the exact point where their life is extinguished. The creature will thereafter spontaneously generate from within the liver and proceed to consume its progenitor's corpse. For the vast majority of regular, run-of-the-mill persons the demon will be anywhere between an earthworm or mouse in size at birth - though they do grow rapidly. Non-human creatures do not produce them, nor will pregnant women.

22. - Top - End - #142

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Boethius Junior View Post
    Yes, but not until the exact moment of death, whence the Kuan is "spawned". Theology dictates that the Kuan is mortal sin made physical, rejected by Wit and severed from the Sound Cosmic. Were you to disembody a living man you would find no such thing up until the exact point where their life is extinguished. The creature will thereafter spontaneously generate from within the liver and proceed to consume its progenitor's corpse. For the vast majority of regular, run-of-the-mill persons the demon will be anywhere between an earthworm or mouse in size at birth - though they do grow rapidly. Non-human creatures do not produce them, nor will pregnant women.
    That...is awesome. Do you play Sekiro? Giving me real corrupted centipede vibes.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

I cannot say I've heard of Sekiro, though perhaps the developers were informed by similar symbology as I? I have long had interest in occultism, hermeticism, kabbalah, and the like. For starters, the term "Kuan" is itself an abbreviation of the rune kuanan - which depending on the alphabet may loosely translate to "ulcer" or "torch". Given the method of disposal you have just witnessed, you can surely appreciate the reference.

I could go on at length about all the various influences of just this one facet of the Wvd, but I think that would reduce some of the mystery/mysticism of the world to simply divulge them all.

24. - Top - End - #144

Planetar

Sekiro's a recently released videogame by From Software. Set in a fantasy medieval Japan. There is a faction in the game that tries to achieve immortality via occult means, and their success is cursed with centipedes that reside within them.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Dwarf in the Playground

That is quite the coincidence! I'll have to give the game a look.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Dwarf in the Playground

Just throwing this out there if it wasn't clear, but you can go ahead with questioning the majordomo as you have all now presumably moved into the nave.

27. - Top - End - #147

Planetar

I waited a while to post to see if the others would come back, but it looks like it might just be Krasimir and I left. :(

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well I am partially to blame at least, having been absent much of this past week. Still, if you are invested enough to continue, then continue we shall! Perhaps in the future we might consider opening recruitment once more, to collect another player or two?

I do believe that The Void Dragon is still involved as well, though he may not have caught the out I gave Faust to accompany the rest of you to the nave.

29. - Top - End - #149

Kobold

I live once more!

30. - Top - End - #150
    Dwarf in the Playground

Glad to have you back, old chap.