The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [The Burning Wheel] Beneath the Delirious Moon [OOC & Dice Rolls]

These spoiler-rolls are Steel tests for Lord Crofte and the rest, then the conspirators:

Spoiler: Lord Crofte & Compatriots
    Show
    (1d6)[3]
    (1d6)[5]
    (1d6)[2]

Spoiler: Conspirators
    Show
    (1d6)[2]
    (1d6)[6]
    (1d6)[5]

As expected, Faust has the quickest draw - in whatever form he chooses to take.
    Last edited by Boethius Junior; 2019-07-17 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Note

2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Well, let's roll those additional dice for fun:
    (1d6)[2]
    (1d6)[6]
    (1d6)[5]

However, I do need a question answered; what are Witticism's views on suicide? Is it automatically heresy, or is offing yourself and letting the developing Kuan speak to your degree of sinfulness technically okay?

3. - Top - End - #213
    Dwarf in the Playground

You are of course welcome to reach your own conclusion, especially IC, but how I have devised Witticism would likely consider suicide to be spiritual cowardice. Wit has raised man above his baser cousins, and to willingly end this life would be to willingly release the matter that Wit has rejected, i.e. the kuan. In other words, suicide would be the action of spurning the godhead and man's natural divinity.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Then my path is clear; we must abort the Kuan. His fellows will tell us all they know anyways.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground

I suppose that would technically be an abortion, would it not? The only sticking point is whether kuan are "born" in the sense of the word. Anyhow, update forthcoming.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Dwarf in the Playground

If you all would like to leap forward to exiting the cellars, we may do so. Otherwise you are welcome to question the conspirators presently.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

We can jump forwards, that's fine with me, but I would be interested to know where they were trying to get to. Also, is your intent that we roleplay out the interrogation verbatim or maybe we can just give you a list of questions we might want to ask / know about and you can let us know if that's appropriate.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Dwarf in the Playground

I have no preference either way, so if you would like to fast-track the interrogation we may do so.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Dwarf in the Playground

I will need a Persuade check with Advantage please, atlas. The captives are obviously terrified, but also tight-lipped.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

I would ask if I could help with Intimidate, but I think that's where the Advantage is coming from, so uh... I got nothing that could help. I could make wild accusations of witchcraft, I guess, based on how both cultists had some unusually vigorous kuan.
    Last edited by The Void Dragon; 2019-07-24 at 10:15 PM.

11. - Top - End - #221

Planetar

Alright, I've got a B3 in Persuasion, so here we go!

Persuade Dice
    (1d6)[2]
    (1d6)[2]
    (1d6)[6]

Advantage Dice
    (1d6)[4]

12. - Top - End - #222
    Dwarf in the Playground

Faust may indeed lend aid; Advantage is being granted from the ringleader's suicide.
    Last edited by Boethius Junior; 2019-07-26 at 09:48 AM.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Then consider my aid lent.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Well, that man has graduated from, "burn alive on a stake" to, "grant a quick death, then burn the corpse" in Faust's eyes.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Dwarf in the Playground

I suppose this was not sufficiently clear, but the Persuade check only unsuccessful contingent upon the die lent by Faust. Another success may give you more information.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

So do you want Atlas to roll it, as it was his skill check, or I to roll it, for expediency's sake?

17. - Top - End - #227

Planetar

I'm just going to roll for expediency's sake...

(1d6)[5]

18. - Top - End - #228
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Huzzah! A success!

19. - Top - End - #229
    Dwarf in the Playground

A beneficial roll indeed. Do consider that these toughs may be telling the truth, but only so much as they actually understand it to be.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground

My apologies for the delayed updates of late; I have been occupied with work and family. I will do my best to post within the next twenty-four hours.

21. - Top - End - #231

Planetar

No problem! PbPs move between fast and slow posting, nothing to fret about. :)

22. - Top - End - #232
    Dwarf in the Playground

You are correct of course, but I still have my pride. Anyhow, I expect we will be soon reaching an open-ended "what do you do?" in the very near future, and that may be an opportune time to posit the idea of re-recruitment. In light of the players we have lost, I am looking for perhaps no more than two or three extra persons to help build out our company some. More about this later; update forthcoming.

23. - Top - End - #233

Planetar

I was thinking the same thing! I'm even thinking that I'm the only remaining PC.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Dwarf in the Playground

I am willing to give The Void Dragon additional leeway, since I know him from beyond the OOTS forum, but it would appear that you are the last fully active player. If posting progresses at its current rate I expect we will reach the open-ended mark within another week, or perhaps less. To preempt this I will begin drafting the re-recruitment information tonight.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

I recommend acquiring more people; also, I figured that Brysen was going to do more talking to the head priest, since he kind of doesn't like me. If you don't want to do that, then Faust will bombastically list these villains' admitted crimes in a fashion to make Saltzpyre proud.

EDIT: said accusations being murder, accessory to murder, and 1 count of unknowing witchcraft. The accidental witch should be beheaded and burned, just to be safe.
    Last edited by The Void Dragon; 2019-08-18 at 10:28 PM.

26. - Top - End - #236

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by The Void Dragon View Post
    I recommend acquiring more people; also, I figured that Brysen was going to do more talking to the head priest, since he kind of doesn't like me. If you don't want to do that, then Faust will bombastically list these villains' admitted crimes in a fashion to make Saltzpyre proud.

EDIT: said accusations being murder, accessory to murder, and 1 count of unknowing witchcraft. The accidental witch should be beheaded and burned, just to be safe.
    Go right ahead! I've been doing most of the talking. Bombast away. :)

27. - Top - End - #237
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Prepare to do damage control; Dominick Faust is going to get the crowd riled up.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Dwarf in the Playground

Should have posted this sooner, but I will need a Persuade check for Brysen here with Advantage for status and for cleverly binding Lord Crofte's word to your claims. State your FORKS, etc. etc. The result of this check will dictate the response not only from the Abbot but the crowds as well.

Faust's outburst is certainly helping in its own way as well, so add a die for that too.
    Last edited by Boethius Junior; 2019-08-23 at 09:41 AM.

29. - Top - End - #239

Planetar

Alright, here goes. T

On a side note - and maybe it's more in-character to not know :P - I'm not entirely sure why the Abbot is so mad. Is it just embarassment and fear that a noble has been killed in his own Abbey or that someone might blame him? Or have we tripped over some basic custom or legal principle here like shedding blood in a monastery?

Persuasion B3 - (1d6)[5]
    Persuasion B3 - (1d6)[4]
    Persuasion B3 - (1d6)[5]
    Advantage - (1d6)[1]
    Faust's Fiery Rhetoric - (1d6)[1]
    FoRK - Law-wise - (1d6)[1]

30. - Top - End - #240
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well let us see what I can divulge. No, to your knowledge no particular custom has been breached. However, the circumstances certainly are not ideal either, as this is quite the public venue. Not only are there monks and the servants of nobility, plus your own bondsmen, the abbey sits at an important crossroads and is thus a way-point for travelers. The crowd of angry, confused rioters is mostly composed of this latter group, who I should add are primarily serfs of Gristing. Monks and members of Mull's train are additionally involved.

Consider as well the uncertainty of your departure below and the fallout over the fat lord's death. You might surmise that the nobles did little to quell the brimming tension...when combined with the inclement weather, the fighting that already occurred, some of your (previous) party-mates leaving, and the severity of your charges you may see how the boil-over began.

The Abbot's mindset you have mostly pegged, I think.