The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Halfling in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: [The Burning Wheel] Beneath the Delirious Moon [OOC & Dice Rolls]

You know, the Champion thing might work, seeing as Faust would likely blender the poor fool set against him. However, Faust is kind of holding some physical evidence; the two matching medallions. Furthermore, the Abbot need only examine the corpses to determine that his compatriot did in fact slit his own throat, and that the cellarman had his throat slit from behind, with Kuan emerging from both far too quickly. I don't know if medieval forensics are up to the task of determining what kind of knife slit the innocent monks' throat. Unless one of these fake monks was dumb enough to carry their bloodied dagger forth. I'm thinking that there is a way to resolve this without further extralegal bloodshed.
    Last edited by The Void Dragon; 2019-08-26 at 04:55 AM.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Dwarf in the Playground

Good to see you thinking through your options. There is certainly more than one path you might take - especially so once your own troops can be rallied and the riotous crowds stymied.

A note as well: if you ever desire to "interject", as it were, within any of the longer posts I write out, you only have to say. A failing of PBP is that advancing the game can bring feelings of powerlessness when the GM continues at length; which is unlikely to occur at the physical table. We do have the power to edit posts, after all.

3. - Top - End - #243

Kobold

Imma give peace a chance.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

I've got spotty internet and may not be able to get a post out for a week or so. Feel free to advance temporarily without me. Brysen would want to opt for a nonviolent option as well.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Dwarf in the Playground

Not to worry, I have not been all here myself either. We'll muddle through as we have been these past months!

6. - Top - End - #246

Kobold

Those investigators are going to see that smashed alcove; we'll be making all sorts of conspiracies public today! Also, maybe the Abbott will learn the value of some gates and basic security this day. Also, the ball is back in the traders' court; couldn't just ignore Shawe's request, but you are more artful at saying "no" in ways that leave people unruffled. Though Faust wouldn't be opposed to showing off his skill with the blade.
    Last edited by The Void Dragon; 2019-08-29 at 11:48 PM.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Dwarf in the Playground

Update tomorrow in the early afternoon I pinkie-swear. I have not been much available lately.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Dwarf in the Playground

Afternoon and evening are the same, right? Some excellent good-cop/bad-cop - I figured the Abbot is enough of a pushover that he would relent to you. Shawe less so, but he was standoffish from the start.

We can transition now into looser RP to cover the next days and hours, if you'd like.

9. - Top - End - #249

Kobold

Did Shawe just imply that I would fail a Trial of Spirit?! And then leave? I am offended, and have half a mind to have that ordeal here and now. But that is stupidly prideful, short-sighted, and kind of aggressive at this point. The only good that might come of this whole affair is the Abbey installing some gates and basic screening measures. Curious that Shawe used god instead of God as well. Perhaps he trucks with lesser things than Wit?

Faust's paranoia is leaking into my ooc thinking, please help.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Dwarf in the Playground

Good catches all around. While you are within your right to take insult at the Shawe's words, you may have had difficulty convincing others as much had a confrontation occurred. Letting it go was probably the wiser course of action, if perhaps less satisfying.

At this point I believe it would be appropriate to award both of you an additional point of Fate and Persona Artha. As we are now making the transition for a time into less strict RP, I will be posting the re-recruitment thread either tonight or tomorrow night depending on my work schedule. I figure two weeks will be sufficient to find at least one more player willing to give some dedication - which will also be enough time I figure to have moved into the next "event" as it were, depending on what course of action you two decide.

11. - Top - End - #251

Planetar

Sounds great! But also, what do Fate and Persona Artha do?

12. - Top - End - #252
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by atlastrembles View Post
    Sounds great! But also, what do Fate and Persona Artha do?
    They can do a variety of things, depending on your needs at the moment. Fate is something I should be handing out much more often, and I plan to in the future - it may be spent at the very least to make any test explode on 6s. I believe Persona can be used to cheat death, as well as some additional boons. I will need to review the rules to be more specific.

In other news, the re-recruitment thread is up. Here's hoping we can find some potential players to bulk up our numbers a little. Since you two are the veterans here, you naturally have right of refusal on new players. Feel free to take part in the process of finding players if you so desire.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Dwarf in the Playground

We have a taker! Valmark has expressed interest in joining this merry band over in the re-recruitment thread. The two of you should chime in, should you feel compelled.

14. - Top - End - #254

Planetar

Going to check it out now!

15. - Top - End - #255
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by atlastrembles View Post
    Going to check it out now!
    Wunderbar!

Thinking out loud, here are the threads that may be worth picking up on for the next stage of your journey, or at least those which immediately come to my mind:

The invitation made by Lord Zarboch, which presumably still stands.

Requesting an audience with the Chamber of Criers to confirm Mull's last words.

Returning with Guisa to the Mull household, to meet with the late-nobleman's daughter regarding marriage and succession.

Following the conspirators' lead to the Choked Hare, outside Watun.

Of course you could forge your own path instead, as I do want to give your characters autonomy.
    Last edited by Boethius Junior; 2019-09-16 at 06:07 PM.

16. - Top - End - #256

Kobold

I mean, Faust likes the cut of Zarboch's jib, but succession is important business, as is confirming a nobleman's last words. At the same time, the fringe would clearly see us meeting with the late Mull's daughter as a foreign interest further meddling in a Fringe affair. Confirming Mull's words may allow us to get more involved with the Chamber of Criers, while taking up Zarboch's invitation may let us accrue a reputation beyond "those damn foreigners stabbing our maybe-monks and raising Cain all over the place."

It also appears that our Repository of Tests is out of date: there is no mention of my stabbing rolls, for example.
    Last edited by The Void Dragon; 2019-09-14 at 04:18 PM.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Dwarf in the Playground

I will look into the Repository tonight, it is entirely possible it has been neglected. Perhaps I should move that to a excel-type document in the Public Drive? Then you may add your own tests and track advancement yourselves.

I also completely forgot the lead of the Choked Hare! Silly me. It will presently be edited into the list above.

18. - Top - End - #258

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by The Void Dragon View Post
    I mean, Faust likes the cut of Zarboch's jib, but succession is important business, as is confirming a nobleman's last words. At the same time, the fringe would clearly see us meeting with the late Mull's daughter as a foreign interest further meddling in a Fringe affair. Confirming Mull's words may allow us to get more involved with the Chamber of Criers, while taking up Zarboch's invitation may let us accrue a reputation beyond "those damn foreigners stabbing our maybe-monks and raising Cain all over the place."

It also appears that our Repository of Tests is out of date: there is no mention of my stabbing rolls, for example.
    I like the Zarboch angle as it's probably the least predictable thing for us to do after what just happened at the Abbey. We can use it as cover for plausible deniability regarding continuing our investigation. The conspirators are probably expecting us to follow up on easy threads like going to the Mull household or staying longer at the Abbey. If we take off, maybe we lull them into a false sense of security?

19. - Top - End - #259
    Dwarf in the Playground

If that's your final choice, then I can take some time to arrange how our new compatriots will be introduced. I appreciate the strategic thinking you are both bringing to the table!

20. - Top - End - #260
    Dwarf in the Playground

Are these second thoughts I hear?

21. - Top - End - #261

Kobold

More like having our ooc discussion ic. I had brought up the options, their various pros and cons, while atlas is the one who picked one of those options and explained why. Ergo, I thought that Faust would be the one to mull over the options while Brysen picks it. That option being Zarboche.
    Last edited by The Void Dragon; 2019-09-19 at 10:55 PM.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm only teasing, friend.

We have now come upon the date of our return, though I expect a little more time is going to be required by our newfound compatriots. I think this is what I will do: tomorrow morning I will update the IC thread to establish the new direction you have chosen and once more press forward. As the others complete their character sheets, I will bring them into the fold once they become available. Does this sound amicable?

I also have one final question that occurred to me last night - do you desire to remain at Dom Doren until the conspirators you captured have been arraigned, or would you rather leave to Udwald sooner? If you leave sooner rather than later you could potentially travel with Lord Zarboch himself, which might be beneficial. Also consider that Lord Crofte could remain behind to voice your party's position in the trial, and keep your presence at the Abbey. In fact I might just have him suggest as much.

EDIT: I have now included a google sheet in the drive to replace the Repository of Tests, and will add those various missing challenges this evening, if not sooner.
    Last edited by Boethius Junior; 2019-09-20 at 09:38 AM.

23. - Top - End - #263

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Boethius Junior View Post
    [FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3]
    I also have one final question that occurred to me last night - do you desire to remain at Dom Doren until the conspirators you captured have been arraigned, or would you rather leave to Udwald sooner? If you leave sooner rather than later you could potentially travel with Lord Zarboch himself, which might be beneficial. Also consider that Lord Crofte could remain behind to voice your party's position in the trial, and keep your presence at the Abbey. In fact I might just have him suggest as much.
    I think we should head out, more diplomatic to seem to trust the Abbey to do the right thing without us hanging over it.

24. - Top - End - #264

Kobold

Are we sure we can trust the Abbey to handle this, though? Like, really certain?

25. - Top - End - #265
    Dwarf in the Playground

You can certainly be uncertain. What, you don't trust poor, fat Caleah?

26. - Top - End - #266

Planetar

Are we sure we can trust the Abbey to handle this, though? Like, really certain?
    No, absolutely not of course! I don't trust anyone except for Faust.

27. - Top - End - #267

Kobold

Do you really trust Faust, or just Faust's sword arm(s)?

28. - Top - End - #268
    Dwarf in the Playground

I should mention that if there is any information you want to try and get from Zarboch while traveling, you can put said questions here and I'll respond accordingly.

29. - Top - End - #269

Planetar

Do you really trust Faust, or just Faust's sword arm(s)?
    Por que no los dos?

30. - Top - End - #270

Kobold

Obligatory cheering

Oh boy, it's Zarboche time. The man is quick to business, huh? From what we've seen, he runs a tight ship. I'm rather interested in meeting more of these sons we keep hearing about; we've met one so far, but what of the rest of the lot?

Oh darn, I should have asked Zarboche just what these "Trials of Spirit" are, so I can avoid making ignorant statements to challenging nobles in the future.
    Last edited by The Void Dragon; 2019-09-22 at 06:56 PM.