Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 154
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The First Adventure (1v1, PF)

    "This is all of them." Corvus says, "Unless you think he is a captive"


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    (1d20+3)[19] club
    (1d6+3)[5] damage
    (1d20+4)[17] scimitar
    (1d6+1)[5] damage

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Farnborough, Hants, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The First Adventure (1v1, PF)

    Nazrael thinks for a moment.

    "Ah yes sorry. I must have miscounted."

    He continues to Daze the poor Half-Orc, allowing the rest of the group to pile in.

    (1d20+5)[16]

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The First Adventure (1v1, PF)

    The half-orc staggers and falls. "Let that be a lesson to you" the man says. The surviving goblins hide away and don't interfere with the escape any further.

    Caerys grimaces as she moves, something made more difficult by the big wound the half-orc had put in her. She dresses the wound as well as she can, and the group can head back to Birchby. You arrive late into evening, tired from the long walk. The child you saved, Filip, is reunited with his parents. Their home was burned, and for the time being they will remain in Birchby. You'll need some rest after the day. It's also an opportunity to talk or try and gather information if Nazrael wants.

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Farnborough, Hants, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The First Adventure (1v1, PF)

    Nazrael takes a deep breath and relaxes once the group return to Birchby.

    "Thank the stars..."

    He takes the evening to relax, checking in on Caerys to make sure she is okay, and offering if he can do anything to help her.

    "Thank you for helping me. As you can probably tell... I'm not great in a fight... I appreciate the back up."

    He will then spend the time he isn't recovering speaking to the townsfolk, if they have noticed anything else strange, particularly those from the next town over (that was destroyed) to see if there is anything else going on that they might need investigating.

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The First Adventure (1v1, PF)

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Sorry about the delay, was travelling over weekend


    "I'm not much of a fighter" Caerys says. "I can hold a sword but that's about it. Without your magic, we couldn't have saved these people" she nods at the reunited family.

    There's supposedly a haunted mansion not far from the village. People have been seeing weird lights and apparitions.

    The town of Elming has a market festival in a week's time, for a few days. A place to meet some people or let loose. Far-off merchants usually bring goods and news.

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Farnborough, Hants, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The First Adventure (1v1, PF)

    Nazrael nods smiling widely.

    "Let's just agree we make a good team, how about that?"

    He thinks about which to rumour to follow.

    "Caerys, what do you think we should do? The haunted mansion seems like a bit of fun, if potentially quite dangerous, but the Market Festival in Elming seems like somewhere we could pick up supplies and more stories."

    He thinks for a moment.

    "I personally think the town is a safer option."

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The First Adventure (1v1, PF)

    "Yes. That sounds about right. Personally, I think I've had enough danger for the next week or two" Caerys says. "Festival is fine."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    If you want to copy any further spells in Birchby, or make any diplomacy checks to gather information, you can.

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Farnborough, Hants, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The First Adventure (1v1, PF)

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    (1d20+8)[12](1d20+8)[24](1d20+8)[20] (Spellcraft for learning any remaining spells) and (1d20+1)[6] (Diplomacy to find out any more about Elming)


    Nazrael nods.

    "It should be good fun, and a bit of a break from the usual difficulties if we spend a little time at this market festival. I just hope we can get there on time!"

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The First Adventure (1v1, PF)

    "I agree. I have not really seen a human festival. I'm looking forward to it!"

    You rest and head towards Elming with Caerys and Corvus. "Do you have any family?" she asks, as you walk. The trip looks to be two days to the Elming.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    You copy a further spell from the list I posted before.

    Sorry for the short post. I've been a bit busy and don't want this to stall. I should have more time over the weekend

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Farnborough, Hants, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The First Adventure (1v1, PF)

    Nazrael smiles at her attitude towards the festival.

    He seems thoughtful for a moment.

    "Yes, but they aren't particularly happy with me. They don't think my study of the magical arts is worth it."

    He looks at her questioningly.

    "What about you?"

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The First Adventure (1v1, PF)

    "I have a brother" she says, "And parents. I sometimes... do miss them. I told you when we met that I'm supposed to find my purpose"

    "I'm not supposed to return before finding it. And I have not yet. But I've only been gone for a few years" she perks up at the end. "Hardly a time at all."

    You continue to travel on ther forest road. Aside from wild animals, you haven't come across anything out of ordinary.

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Farnborough, Hants, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The First Adventure (1v1, PF)

    Nazrael nods.

    "What do you hope your purpose is?"

    Nazrael still tries to keep an eye out.

    ((Perception - (1d20+2)[17]))

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The First Adventure (1v1, PF)

    "I think I'm pretty good at treating injuries" Caerys says. "But it's not something that often comes up."

    You pass along forest path and come across a river. The old wooden bridge has collapsed, barring your path. The river is over ten feet wide, not an easy jump. The banks are fairly steep and look treacherous. Falling into the river should not be too harmful though.

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Farnborough, Hants, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The First Adventure (1v1, PF)

    Nazrael nods.

    "Have you thought about becoming a full blown cleric? Perhaps that is your calling if you're skilled in the healing arts?"

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The First Adventure (1v1, PF)

    "I don't have the talent for it" she says, looking sad, her ears drooping slightly, "I don't have magical aptitude. It's... rare in elves."

    She eyes the river. "We'll need to find a crossing point. I think it's best to travel downstream."
    Last edited by Kallimakus; 2019-04-17 at 11:59 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Farnborough, Hants, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The First Adventure (1v1, PF)

    Nazrael smiles sadly.

    "I'm sorry to hear that... I don't know a huge amount about Elves. I mean, I speak the language but that's about it. I was kind of a sheltered kid."

    He nods at her suggestion.

    "Let's head upstream then."

    They begin to walk upstream and Nazrael speaks finally.

    "How far away from home are you?"

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The First Adventure (1v1, PF)

    "And we're a secluded people" she adds, "Not very forthcoming, and not welcoming of shorter-lived races to our communities. It's why I think we prefer the company of trees. They live as long as we do."

    "And I'm... Far. I'm not supposed to say exactly, but some forty leagues". That is pretty far.

    The river grows more placid, and more easily fordable about a mile upstream.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Sorry about the silence around Easter there.

    Do you have a list of spells prepared?

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Farnborough, Hants, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The First Adventure (1v1, PF)

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    How far is a league in this world then? Just so I have some comparison, a league in the real world is an hours walk (about 3 miles), and it's clear she's from further away than 5 days from home :P


    Nazrael nods.

    "I understand..."

    He remains quiet and doesn't try and pressure more answers out of her.

    "This festival should be good fun, I've not really left my hometown before, so I don't really know what to expect!"

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The First Adventure (1v1, PF)

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Dangit. I should have checked the term. Anyway, It's meant to be around 10km, or 7 miles. While it's not that far, one needs to realize that most of the time you don't have good (or any) roads, so one day would cover about 12 miles of forest.


    "I've been to a few" Caerys smiles. "Just elven ones though. They're so much fun! I'm sure you'll love it!"

    Her cheer abates a little as you realize that the forest has gone quiet. The area ahead seems darker somehow. "There's something bad ahead" Caerys says.

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Farnborough, Hants, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The First Adventure (1v1, PF)

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Perception - (1d20+2)[17] and Stealth (1d20+3)[4]


    Nazrael nods, silently understanding that it would be best to remain quiet and on alert, but still moving forward. He debates whether casing Mage Amour immediately would be worth it or not, but decides that holding fire is wiser for the moment.

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The First Adventure (1v1, PF)

    The pair move to the dark. It's quiet. There are bones strewn around the forest here, some skeletons more complete. He sees a standing stone amongst the trees. A menhir stands, tall a the trees, before it an altar stone, and upon it, a human skeleton. Stuck in its sternum is a wicked dagger.

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Farnborough, Hants, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The First Adventure (1v1, PF)

    Nazrael chuckles to himself, and looks at Caerys.

    "That doesn't look ominous at all." He says sarcastically.

    He looks over it with his Arcane Knowledge to see if he can tell anything more about it.

    ((Knowledge (Arcana) - (1d20+8)[10]))

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The First Adventure (1v1, PF)

    The elf looks upset until she catches the sarcasm. "I agree. That is ominous."

    It's a ritual site. Looks like a sacrifice, and the altar is stained with dried blood. He might learn more by revealing magical auras.

    Corvus takes to the air. He doesn't seem to want to land on any of the surrounding trees, or fly close to the standing stone.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    By means of Detect Magic cantrip, and then another Arcana and Spellcraft checks

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Farnborough, Hants, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The First Adventure (1v1, PF)

    Nazrael nods, allowing his Magical Senses to open up to, to see what there is going on.

    Arcana - (1d20+8)[18]

    Spellcraft - (1d20+8)[22]

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The First Adventure (1v1, PF)

    The gruesome body is a focus for a Desecrate effect. It seems to be behind the foul aura that permeates the area. It slowly saps life from the surrounding environment to fuel the magic.

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Farnborough, Hants, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The First Adventure (1v1, PF)

    Nazrael looks over the altar, then whispers to Caerys.

    "It seems the body is the focus point of a rather nasty desecrate effect."

    ((OoC: If we move/destroy the body, will that remove the desecrate effect?))

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The First Adventure (1v1, PF)

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Yes. Removing the focus would cancel the magic.


    "We should try to put a stop to it, shouldn't we?" Caerys asks.

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Farnborough, Hants, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The First Adventure (1v1, PF)

    Nazrael nods.

    "Yeah we definitely should... we would need to move the body, but I'm a little bit concerned that if we do that, it may cause something to notice and take umbrage at out actions..."

    He thinks for a moment.

    "Do you have a bow or something like that with you? Perhaps we can tie a rope around it and use the arrow as some sort of grapnel to drag the body from the altar from here?"

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The First Adventure (1v1, PF)

    "Alas, my bow was broken months ago and I have not been able to find one to my liking" Caerys says. We could just snare it with a rope though. I can toss one from out here I think." The elf nods to herself, tying a small loop at the end of the rope, then giving it a whirl, launching it at the skeleton.

    Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    (1d20+4)[8] Rope
    (1d20+6)[26] Init A
    (1d20+3)[16] Init C


    The skeleton's hand lifts, grabbing the rope. It rises, bones clattering, jaw working emptily, and two green pinpricks light in it's eyesockets. It pulls the blade from its sternum, flipping it to a fighting grip. Caerys draws her blade as well.

    It is Nazrael's turn.
    Last edited by Kallimakus; 2019-05-07 at 02:54 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Farnborough, Hants, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The First Adventure (1v1, PF)

    Nazrael sighs.

    "Of course, it rises if it's disturbed and protects the altar..."

    His sarcasm is obvious, he then attempts to cast Daze on the Skeleton.

    ((Daze Attack - (1d20+5)[23]))

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •