New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Shadowrun 4th - In the beginning(IC)

Renko nods and takes another look at the biker, checking to see if he is armed.
    ((Perception test to see if the standing biker is armed._: 6D6 = [3, 5, 5, 5, 1, 5] = 24
    ))
    Last edited by BRC; 2007-10-08 at 09:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

The Street

The total darkness of the hallway and stairwell give way to a moonlit scene, with occasional flashes of sparks from the utility pole. Whatever that pole was it was apparently critical to the electrical infrastructure in this area. Looking up and down the street, its blacked out for several blocks.

Onyx and Renko step out of the front door onto the walk leading to the apartment building.

Spoiler
    Show

Sabrina / Sinkalip - The uninjured biker seems to be goading the injured biker into collecting some payback from the woman. ".. on, you going to let them knock you down and frag your bike and just walk away?" "No way." "Well, lets get some."

Renko / Onyx - At that point you see the bikers both pull out knifes.

Both of the bikers begin to walk towards the crashed car and the woman. One calls out, taunting the driver, "You got a nerve pulling a stunt like that. Your going to pay for fragging my bike and making me lose the race." The other biker mutters back, "I had you, there was no way you were going to win." The taunter says, "Drek, man, shutup will you."

Johnny and Sinkalip reach the front door and step out. A slight breeze blows the smell of rotting garbage past the four men on the street. The utility pole flashes again and reveals the glint of knifes in the hands of the two bikers.

Seeing the bikers closing, the woman screams and climbs back into her car. The sound of the starter motor grinding broken gears fills the air.

The uninjured biker says, "Ooh. We got a live one here."
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

This is getting ugly, time for a little Deus Ex Machina for the lady.
    Renko stepped forwards into the street and turned on the flashlight, pointing it at the bikers.
    "Hey, Whats going on out here"
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Sinkalip

Sinkalip frowns slightly as he steps out the front door, crinkling his nose up. Taking stock of the situation astrally, he moves forward behind Renko whispering quietly and closing his eyes as he reaches out to touch the troll. As he opens them again, the gold color is fully pronounced in his eyes, reflecting the flashes of light. He grins, his teeth seemingly more pointed than normal in the sparks of the transformer, along with a scruffier took to him, his hair taking on a tan color along the sides.

Spoiler
    Show

Casting: Increased Reflexes: Force Level 4
    Drain Value = (4 / 2) + 2 = 4
    Spellcasting: [5, 2, 6, 5, 5, 6, 4, 1, 2, 1] - 4 hits
    Drain Resist: [4, 5, 4, 6, 4, 1, 6, 6, 1]- 4 hits
    Effect: +3 Initiative, +3 Initiative Passes (Max 4 IP)
    You're welcome. *grins*
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-10-10 at 11:07 AM.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Halfling in the Playground

RogueGuy

As Onyx crosses the street towards the angry biker's. "Whoa whoa fellas let's not get too hasty here. I am sure the lady didn't mean to ruin that race of yours. And by the way he did have you so tehre is no need to get pissed at her. By the looks of that race you needed new hardware anyway."

Spoiler
    Show
    If the biker's seem to make hostile movement's towards me or the lady I will pull out my Yamaha Pulsar and shoot the closest one.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

Johnny Starr
    Reaching the bottom of the stairs, Johnny looks about for the accident, and not finding anything, he snaps his fingers and vanishes from sight.

"Did you see where the accident was?" Sinkalip hears from the brightly glowing astral signature standing behind him.

DMing In the Shadow of Death IC/OOC
    Lorne Keldoryn in Beauty and the Blight of the Black Rose IC/OOC
    Grudok Blackclaw in Legends of Arhade IC/OOC
    Marcellus Ashhad-Verinus in The Age of Wyrms IC/OOC
    Dromm 'Lumpy' Loderr

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

There ish... Damien tries to push himself off the floor, which he seems to have formed an irresistible attraction to. That I am too drink.. drunk.. to give a hand. Only got one real hand to give though, hehehe.

He manages to prop himself against the window so he can see out.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

Sabrina gives Damien a boost, holding him up so he can watch, even though he's obviously too smashed to do anything productive. "Mm hmm. Can you tell how many people are out there? I can't make them out too well without my glasses." It's not even a lie. Her glasses have image magnification and low-light enhancement. Sabrina can barely tell what's going on out there. As an added plus, if Damien keeps talking, it should be obvious when he's about to crash. Then she can steer him to the couch. Or leave him on the floor if he goes to fast.

At least he's not trying to cop a feel. Or am I disappointed about that? Hrm. Not sure.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Aroun' twelve. Four bikers, two of Renko, two people in crashed cars.. an' a couple others, I think. Damien squints out the window. Could use better lightin' ou' there... don' think all the flashing is any good at illu- ilimi- lightin' stuff up.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

"Twelve, hmm? Well, maybe both Renkos can move our couch later." At least he's a pleasant drunk...
    Sabrina just rambles a bit, talking about whatever pops into her head. "Stupid gangers. Always doing stupid things around here. It's hardly safe to go out at night, and this is supposed to be a decent neighborhood. I'm glad I have that scooter, even if it does break down all the time. At least it meant I didn't have to walk or ride public transit all the time at odd hours. You let me know if you're ready to lie down, Damien. The couch is pretty comfortable, and you can have it for the night if you want."

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Onyx rushes out into the street and confronts the bikers. He starts by trying to calm the situation and then decides to insult the man's bike. Oh... this is going to go downhill for him.

Renko shines the flashlight on the bikers and Onyx and in his booming voice inquires what is going on. Fully illuminated, the bikers now obviously wear gang colors(brown and red) and have stylized tattoos on their faces, neck, and arms.

The uninjured biker holds one hand up in front of his face to block the light and says, "Back off pops. Go back ta bed." The injured biker, after being insulted by Onyx, and still feeling the adrenaline rush, decides to press his luck and says, "My? He? What? Oh, you're going to pay for that." With that he lunges at Onyx. What had looked like knives before actually turn out to be forearm snap-blades. His lunges (4,3,1,1) and Onyx steps aside(6,6,5,4,4,4,3,3,2,1,1). The biker falls forward and snaps off one of the blades and the other two become embedded in the pavement.

Sinkalip casts his spell(successfully). Johnny casts invisibility on himself and disappears.

Spoiler
    Show

So... if you don't tell me what force you are going to use, you get the maximum which won't cause physical damage...

Along the same lines... if you don't specify a target, you target yourself.

{{ Things feel like they may get ugly, you may want to roll initiative. Otherwise, you go last. So long as Renko keeps them illuminated everyone can see fine. The other biker also has a forearm snap-blade sheath with his blades extended. }}
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

12. - Top - End - #72

RogueGuy

Onyx smirks at the fallen ganger. "Heh, so you want to make this tough?" Onyx steps forward pulling his Yamaha Pulsar from the small of his back where he normally carries it when leaving the house. He takes aim at the ganger that did not just trip and fires a shot at him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative _: 10D6 = [1, 6, 4, 6, 2, 1, 2, 1, 6, 4] = 33
    3 hits +10 for a 13 initiative. Attempting to quick draw and fire the Yamaha Pulsar at the standing ganger. Quick Draw roll Pistol + Reaction (3), I think this means I need 3 hits?: 11D6 = [3, 5, 6, 1, 4, 3, 2, 4, 5, 5, 4] = 42

Edits were because I am a looney and can't get the spoiler to work correctly.
    Last edited by Mythknight; 2007-10-12 at 05:35 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Ah geeze, you idiots don't know when to stop, now Drop the Knife, or I'll give the best fraggin docwagon sales pitch youve ever seen, namely since it will involve me and my buddies kicking you into the middle of the fraggin ocean."
    Renko says this while running towrds the gangers.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative roll _: 10D6 = [1, 6, 1, 6, 4, 2, 4, 6, 6, 5] = 41
    (I get +3 inititive from Sinkalips boosted reflexes), 5 hits +10=15, booya.

Intimidation Roll
    _: 7D6 = [5, 1, 5, 4, 5, 5, 1] = 26

4 hits plus whatever modifiers seem appropriate (didn't want to roll them yet since I didn't know which ones you felt like applying), GM's discretion, possible modifiers
    Character is physically imposing in some way +1 to +3
    Character is wielding a weapon (Onxy is, so I guess it could apply), +2
    [/Center]

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Alrigh', but I wanna shee whash goin' on fer a while. An' mebbe have another beer. Beer shoundsh good righ' abou' now.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

Chuckling a little bit, Sabrina smirks at Damien. "If you can get it, you can have it." She shakes her head and turns her attention back out the window. "Oh, hell. Are they getting into a fight?"

16. - Top - End - #76

AssassinGuy

Sinkalip

Sinkalip watches the others rush to subdue or otherwise discourage the gangers. "Over by the flashing I would assume," he says to Johnny, nodding towards where the transformer is sparking. Maintaining the spell he cast upon Renko, he begins moving in the direction of the passenger side, making sure to give it a decent birth so he doesn't completely surprise the woman inside. "Are you alright?" he calls out to the car.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Renko charges the blinded bikers attempting to scare them off as Onyx pulls his taser out and fires his darts at one of the bikers. The darts hit the previously uninjured biker and with a flash surge a huge amount of electricity through him. There is a puff of smoke that rises from his chest and the air is filled with the smell of burning flesh. The bikers, obviously affected by this tactic stagger backwards and head running for their bikes.

As they board their bikes, the one says to the other, "Come on lets get out of here. We know where they live, we can come back for them later."

Spoiler
    Show

Intimidate :
    Renko - 7 dice +2(outnumber the bikers) -2(bikers have weapons) = 7 dice = 4 hits.
    Biker - 6 dice = {4,5,4,4,6,4}

Taser Shot:
    Quick Draw - Successful
    Single Pistol Shot - Agility+Pistol = 10 = {5,5,5,4,4,3,3,2,2,1} = 3 hits
    Full Defense - Reaction+Dodge = 6 dice = {6,2,1,6,3,4} = 2 hits
    Result = 1 net hit = DV 7S(e)
    Damage Resistance Test = Body+(1/2armor) = 5 dice = {5,4,3,3,3} = 1 hit
    Damage = 6 boxes of stun
    Incapacitate Test(3) = Body+Will+(1/2 armor) = 8 dice = {4,4,5,1,6,4,6,3}

Biker 1 (0 Stun, 2 physical damage) .. -1 from damage
    Biker 2 (6 Stun, 0 physical damage) .. -4 from electricity/stun

The bikers start their bikes and would seem to be leaving. Sinkalip heads over to check on the woman. He finds her desperately trying to start he car. When she sees him, she screams. Just after that the sound of a baby crying can be heard from within the car too.

Johnny Star disappears as the invisibility kicks in and he lurks about unseen.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-10-13 at 05:13 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78

AssassinGuy

Sinkalip

Sinkalip holds his hands up, staying back from the car and waving them slightly. "Ma'am, ma'am. Calm down, the bikers are gone, I'm not with them," he says. "Friends and I heard the commotion and came out is all," he says. "We don't want to hurt either of you, just wanted to make sure you're alright."

Spoiler
    Show

If needed, and assuming that Con couldn't really be used, defaulting Negotiation to Charisma with the 1 die penalty.
    Negotiation: [2, 6, 3, 3] = 1 hit (Well, at least its not a glitch?)
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-10-15 at 04:21 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Dunno. Thoshe other guysh look like theysh leavin' pretty fasht. Mebbe the two Renko's shcared 'em off. Damien tries to get to his feet in order to get a beer and doesn't seem to be very good at it. Ok, I think I'ma go lie down now...

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

'We know where they live'...Great. Sabrina gives a light sigh and slips Damien's arm over her shoulders to help him stagger to the couch. "Sounds like a plan to me." Ah well, at least watching over a drunk friend is a step up from watching over a stoned bitch. Maybe one of them even got a picture of those damn gangers.

As soon as the thought occurs to her, she figures it wouldn't hurt to share it, just in case no one else is considering such things or really heard them say that last bit. Who knows if Sin has his commlink. But I know Renko does.

To Renko: [Can you get someone to snap a pic of those stupid kids? If 'mysterious stuff' starts happening around here, I'd like to have someone to hunt down for it.]
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-10-15 at 06:13 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Sinkalip approaches the car and tries calm the panicked woman. As he approaches the passenger side of the car she scream again and after a moment of fumbling for her keys, sprays some liquid on the inside of the passenger window.

The bikers streak off leaving black marks on the pavement. The forearm snap blades from one of them, still sticking out of the pavement, quivers slightly on the breeze.

The lights for the next block to the right just came back on. In the distance you hear the sounds of another accident. After the initial collision, you can hear the faint sound of a car horn.

The woman exits he car coughing and gagging. She then turns and opens the rear door. After a moment she pulls a crying baby from the backseat.

22. - Top - End - #82

AssassinGuy

Sinkalip

Sinkalip frowns, STILL not moving from where he was before away from the car. "Ma'am, you need to calm down before you injure your child," he says, pointing down the street where the two gangers had left. "They're gone and we have no interest in doing anything but making sure you're alright now that we've stepped in and made ourselves targets on your behalf," he adds, looking at her.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Renko recieves Sabrina's message, and instantly opens a Word Processor on his commlink and records everything he remembers about the bikers. Once he's done that he sends a message to Sabrina.
    [sorry, no picture, my shades don't have image cap, but I got some descriptions. I got a buddy in the Star, I'll forward him the descriptions and see if he can get a watch around here, in the meantime, I suggjest you find somewhere else to stay for a week or so, if I know fraggers like this if they don't come back within a week they'll have forgotten about it. Especially since all we really did was stop them knifing that lady, if we had trashed their bikes or actually hurt them it would be a different matter.]
    Renko then walks over to the car.
    "Hey Sink, whats going on with her?"
    [/Center]

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Damien accepts the help, and ends up sprawled on the couch, likely unconscious. He won't be doing much for the rest of the evening.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

To Renko: [Better than nothing. You big galoots need any help with the woman? Oh, and Damien passed out.]

Without waiting for an answer, Sabrina grabs a cup and fills it with water before heading for the door, intending to go downstairs and outside with it.

26. - Top - End - #86

RogueGuy

Onyx chuckles a little as he watches the bikers ride off in the distance considering the time it would take to get to his bike and follow them. "Bah, just not worth it!" Onyx turns around and surveys the situation. "Looks like you all got this under control"

Onyx quickly glances down the road again as another car crash is heard. Hmm More drink or more fight? Bah how come the drink is always closer lately? Onyx heads upstairs for one last drink for a long ride home.

27. - Top - End - #87

AssassinGuy

Sinkalip

Sin stays where he is, not approaching any closer to the woman. He lets his spell on Renko drop, but keeps his eyes on her. "She's scared and worried about her child... and just maced herself," he says out loud, not having his commlink with him. "Let her relax and get her bearings," he adds.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

The woman and child begin to wander down the street towards the nearest street lamp. Obviously, being led like a moth to the flame. The screams of the child echo off the apartment buildings which form the walls of this arena. As the arena's gladiators, the team manages to emerge completely unharmed from a violent run-in with a pair of armed gangers.

The wind changes again and again brings the smell or rotting garbage from a nearby open dumpster. As the team moves inside, the forearm snap blade, which is still embedded in the pavement, finally stops vibrating. Moments later, power is restored to the block, once again bathing it in a familiar orange glow. When the lights come up suddenly, several rats can be seen scurrying for the shadows.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

Walking outside just as the power comes back, Sabrina looks around carefully, then heads for the woman and baby. Her pace is brisk, and she keeps the cup of water covered with one hand so it doesn't slosh too much. "Hey! Are you okay? I saw part of that from upstairs. I have some water if you want it. It must have been pretty scary, but those dumbass gangers are gone." She makes sure to speak loudly enough to be heard, and tries to sound friendly. Though, she doesn't have to try very hard. Sabrina can imagine pretty easily what it's like to be in her situation - physically unimposing, threatened by men with blades, surrounded by other men whose real intentions are unknown...okay, the baby part is pretty foreign, but the rest of it, she gets.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

When Sabrina yells, the woman stops and whips around. The baby continues to howl and scream in her ear. As she looks around she pleads, "No. Please. Don't hurt me. I didn't see your faces. Please. Let me go." While saying this she isn't even looking directly at Sabrina, but rather, a bit off to the left, as if she was talking to the street lamp.

She continues to back up slowly away from Sabrina. Suddenly a small car rounds the corner and is heading down the street. It honks at the woman in the middle of the road. She is startled by the sound and motion and falls to the gutter sobbing.